The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Breaking Aurora Flight Chapter 2: Amygdala

By Trixie Adara

Hauzer

“Everything’s ready, boss,” I said after putting the last pulsar snare in place.

“I know.” Her silky-smooth voice rang over the intercom of the small bunker she’d — I don’t know, do you rent these things?

“Right.” I wasn’t used to her or anyone knowing what I was thinking. There was a cute junior villain that read thoughts and used them to do identity theft, but she had to be in the same room as you. This new boss was like a conductor and each thought or feeling you had was just another instrument she kept track of.

Fucking eerie.

I walked through the darkened steel corridors and bounced into Sexy Sanders — clever nickname, ain’t it? Her hair was up, and her pajamas were dirty, but she had a look of focus as she made sure the control panel the boss had would make everything flow smoothly.

Like an orchestra.

I smiled at the thought and wondered if the boss lady was smiling too. It was a funny joke, but she didn’t seem to have much of a sense of humor. Her smile was mostly wicked, you know? Send shivers right up and down between my —

Shit. She can probably hear that.

Shit. That too.

All at once my body and mind stiffened as though a string running through my spine was lifted up. The boss’s puppet string held my attention and probably the attention of Sexy Sanders.

The thoughts rolled into our minds seamlessly, as though we’d had them ourselves. Charles let us know that Aurora Flight was coming. My body moved into position while my mind focused on the text. I’ve been on some pretty fucked up shit that cranked you out of your mind or made you feel like you were looking through the goddamn matrix, but this was a whole other level. My mind was perfect as the boss conducted her orchestra, moving this instrument into position.

She was a thing of devious beauty, that she was.

* * *

Synapse

Everyone was pissed at Io, Surya, and Korporeal. As the hover jet shot across the city to distant mountains where Hauzer had retreated, we all knew who was to blame. We should have handled the interrogation ourselves. We should have paid more attention to the signs: the missing hostage, Hauzer’s weak defenses, and the fact that I couldn’t feel her.

They should have listened to me.

If I couldn’t feel their embarrassment and shame already, I’d be giving them more shit about choosing to have a party in the middle of a major mission. In my stead, Bastille and Eidolon were giving them plenty of shit.

“It can go faster, yeah?” Eidolon asked from the back seat.

“As fast as we can go,” Io muttered.

“What?” Eidolon yelled. “Can’t hear you back —”

“Jesus, we’re going as fast as we can,” Io shot back.

“Surya can outpace this,” Bastille said. “She can fly ahead and —”

“We’re not splitting up,” Surya said.

“Oh, why?” Eidolon asked. “Do you suddenly value the opinions of the other teams? Even if you disregard our abilities and —”

“Enough,” Io snapped. “We’re here.”

“Heads up,” I said, but everyone ignored me. It’s rough to know for certain that someone’s ears are picking up what you said but their mind is choosing to reject the signal. I, however, get that on the regular.

“Any guards?” Eidolon asked me.

I shook my head. “I don’t feel anyone there.”

Korporeal looked back at me. “But I thought —”

“Hauzer’s there,” Io said. “She didn’t try to hide it.”

“Why did she want to get caught if she was just going to walk out of custody?” Bastille asked.

“How did she walk out of custody?” Eidolon added.

“Enough,” Surya said. She looked each of us in the eye, letting her eyes flare with the radiant light of twelve suns. It was an alpha bitch move, but it always worked. Once we silenced ourselves — because no one was calming down — Surya laid out the plane. She and Kori would scout ahead. Io would wait for the word before looking for a place to land. Then Eidolon would slide in the base for an even closer look. Keep coms open. Don’t be rash. Don’t be stupid.

This was so obviously a trap.

* * *

Soma

The hub Elizabeth Sanders had designed was perfect. Soma could see everything within ten miles of the bunker. Within the base, there was no corner she couldn’t watch. There were four different emergency contingencies if they tried to cut the power, and if the cameras were destroyed, there were sonic and infrared detectors embedded in the floors and walls that would keep her informed. There would be no surprises for Soma as she watched her trap unfold. Each member of Aurora Flight would be taken down one by one until the true target remained.

“Time to come home,” Soma said.

She caught a flicker of original thought from Hauzer and smoothed it away. The blasted idiot wanted to shoot the hover jet from the sky and throw Aurora Flight off their game. But panicked prey was harder to catch. It would be much better if everything went perfectly to Aurora’s Flight plan. That made them predictable.

“Set it up,” Soma commanded Elizabeth Sanders. The tired woman quickly poked at the Aurora Flight coms network in a token gesture. Io quickly blocked them out and doubled her firewalls.

Soma smiled. Poor Io, thinking everything dangerous was mechanical, thinking hacking only happened across technology. Soma sat back in her chair and sipped on her cup of tea. The humans had devised a lovely thing called Chai. It alerted the mind but calmed the nerves; all the things Soma would need for playtime.

* * *

Synapse

No matter how many times Io asked, I couldn’t explain how someone could become undetectable to me. If they were a person, they had to feel and think and sense. If a mind were operable, I could feel it. I could only guess that someone had the tech to block me out. Superior tech made Io nervous. Traps made me nervous.

Despite Hauzer’s fetish, there was no artillery or huge fucking guns lining the perimeter around the bunker. There didn’t even seem to be so much as an impervious wall or alarms. Io hacked the system again and again only to find it simple and vulnerable. That meant there had to be some other angle or there was more undetectable tech.

None of this eased our minds.

In the end, I was left in the jet with Io while Eidolon and Korporeal were sent to scout ahead. If anyone could escape on a dime, it was them. Meanwhile, Surya and Bastille were on standby to burst doors down and blow things up. Splitting our team up three ways didn’t feel great, but if one team were trapped, the other two would be available to save them.

While I was safe in the hover jet, I tried to offer any help I could — which isn’t much. I had a sense how everyone in the team was feeling — mostly anxious — but I could help by trying to calm their emotions. All I had to do was sink into myself, to become an ocean of calm. The ocean swallows everything, it is roiling but it is still. It is too large to move no matter how much it contains.

I reached out and felt Eidolon’s frustration and smoothed it away like a wrinkle in a bedsheet, letting her focus on her task. She had slipped into the building with Korporeal as a spider on her shoulder. I reached out to Korporeal and smoothed away the nausea and distaste of shadowmelding with Eidolon. I tried to do the same for Eidolon, but it didn’t quite work on the jaded girl. Some emotions are too old and too deep to be casually brushed away.

I stretched my consciousness over to Surya and Bastille as they waited outside. I went to handle Bastille’s nerves, but there weren’t many. That concerned me — something about the girl was slowly deadening and becoming numb, though I couldn’t put my finger on it. But I didn’t have time for that. I noticed it at the party last night, but when I woke up, everyone was yelling about how Hauzer apparently walked out of FBI custody, and we needed to go bring her back ASAP. I decided to talk to her after this and see what was going on.

In the meantime, I reached out to Surya. Besides nerves, she was bubbling with shame and embarrassment. It would probably do her ego some good to get knocked down a few pegs, but we didn’t need her worrying about that right now. Once more like smoothing out a wrinkle in a bed sheet, I eased Surya’s emotions and helped her concentrate on the task at hand. All I needed was for her to stay alert to whatever Eidolon and Korporeal reported.

“No one’s here,” Eidolon said through the coms.

“Check for traps,” Surya added.

“On it.”

“I’m doing a scan now,” Io said. I reached out to her. She was all focus. I was amazed. Not a shred of frustration for throwing a party and schmoozing with donors while a murderer and psychopath escaped. Not a hint of anxiety as we walk into the world’s most obvious trap. Just blazing focus, as though her limbic system was completely shut down. Impressive. And not entirely normal for her. She tended to err on the side of ego as she worked which lately manifested as her feeling too good to collaborate with us.

“Hang on,” Io said. “Something’s wrong.” There was no panic in her voice or body. She spun in her chair and typed furiously on several different instruments. There was a popping in my ear, and heat built up before I took out my com piece. I sensed a similar overheating happening to the other team members.

“Shit,” Io said.

“What’s going on?” I asked. I brought my com to my ear cautiously, but it seemed to be done crackling and burning. “Are they cutting our —”

“Working on it,” Io snapped. “Just hang on.”

Her calm was eerie as she stopped typing altogether and started sending out her electromagnetic pulses to talk directly to the machines. There was no frustration or panic as everything seemed to go wrong, and so there was nothing for me to do. Instead, I reached out to the group to send another pulse of calm over them.

Eidolon and Korporeal were deep in the bunker and making their way east when they stopped suddenly. There was a surge of fear through Korporeal and then it was almost as though her emotions ran through static, like my connection was weak with her.

“Something’s wrong,” I said. “Something with Kori.”

“Shit shit shit,” Io said with absolutely no fluctuation in her emotional equilibrium. I brought my com to my ear to see if it worked, but there was nothing but static.

“We should send Surya and Bastille in.”

“Can’t contact them.”

“I’ll run to them while you —”

“Can’t do that.” I looked up at Io. She was no longer messing with the coms or sending pulses through the system. She touched her earpieces and said, “Coms up but damaged. Run everything through me like an operator.”

I lifted my earpiece to my head but heard nothing. “Io?” I said.

The mixed girl smirked but I felt no joy or amusement in her. She was all focus, all task. It was like she had become a computer with nothing to do but auto-complete programming.

Then that emotion went static-y and cut out. There was nothing at all. No focus or amusement. No pulse or somatosensory input. Nothing. I couldn’t feel her at all.

Oh no.

I shot up and ran for the door of the hover jet, but it was locked. Io laughed mirthlessly, and casually sat back down in her chair. “Still hold, Surya and Bastille. I’ll send you in a few minutes. Just want to let Eidolon and Kori have the chance to check for traps.”

I pulled on the door and shouted, but nothing happened. I pulled my earpiece to my ear and shouted into it, but nothing happened. No one heard me.

* * *

Soma

“We have their coms,” Soma said to Elizabeth Sanders. “Patch it in.”

Elizabeth Sanders put Aurora Flight’s coms over the hub’s speakers. “Should we enter?” said a woman in a French accent. Bastille.

“Synthesize Eidolon’s voice and tell her to wait.” Soma smiled while she sipped her tea. “Be rude about it.” With another long sip, Soma finished her tea and took her boots off the desk. She slipped in another coms device into her ear. “Time to play,” she said. “Keep me informed of their movements.”

Soma walked through the dark corridors and absentmindedly hummed a catchy human song she’d picked up since landing. “Sweet dreams are made of these,” she whispered as her hips swayed through the darkness. They let Aurora Flight cut the lights and think they were making progress in disabling their protections, but now that she had Io, Soma could easily turn them back on.

But where would be the fun in that?

“Have Io tell them to separate,” she commanded Elizabeth Sanders as she approached the position of the two women. The former CTO wasn’t a tech wizard, and she was nowhere near as capable as Io, but with a little bit of help from Soma, the woman was able to download the tech skills of her entire department and expend all her company’s resources to acquire some less than legal equipment. It was bad for business but good for Soma. Besides, it’s not like any business would keep going for much longer on this planet. There was just one lose end to tie up before initiating the Quinox Sequence.

“Are you fucking kidding?” Korporeal asked.

“That’s an order,” Io said. “It’s taking too long, and it looks like they’re going to corner you.”

“Since when do you fucking give orders?” Eidolon snapped.

“Who am I to disagree?” Soma sang as she moved closer. These poor girls were at each other’s throat. She could feel the tension from miles away. It would only take a little push to tear them apart, but that wouldn’t be Soma’s job. That wouldn’t be nearly as fun as what she had in mind.

“Did you hear that?” Korporeal asked.

“Traveled the world and the seven seas,” Soma sang. “Everybody’s looking for something.” Her voice was soft and husky. It was pleasant in this language and with this air composition. She didn’t mind it at all.

“Kori, check it out,” Io commanded. “Eidolon head east.”

“Fuck you,” Eidolon said.

“’Lon, that’s an order,” Surya said.

“Oh, you’re giving orders now too?”

“Seriously, do you guys not hear that?” Korporeal said.

“Hear what?” Eidolon asked.

“Sounds like singing.”

Eidolon strained her ears, but the poor things weren’t working too well. She couldn’t pick up a meteor slamming into the Earth right now unless Soma wanted her to. It was less fun dulling senses like this. Soma much preferred to enhance. Humans got so fidgety when everything was bright and loud. It was going to be a good day when she got to see them all fidget in front of her.

“I don’t hear anything,” Eidolon said.

“Let her check it out,” Io said.

“Yeah,” Surya said. “Split up. Eidolon go around the side, from the east.”

“That’s a long fucking way around, and I can’t see worth —”

“Just step there and step back,” Bastille said. She sighed over the coms. “We don’t have time for this.”

“Synapse? You agree with this?” Eidolon asked.

“Yeah. Go.” The voice crackled. They didn’t have a lot of data on Synapse’s voice. The girl hardly talked over the coms. “The sooner you go the sooner you —”

“Get back. Yeah yeah.” Soma felt Eidolon touch Korporeal’s shoulder. “Don’t fucking die. Call out and I’ll be right back.”

She felt Korporeal’s smile back at the poor pale girl. “I’ll slither away before anything happens.”

“Some of them want to use you,” Soma sang. Korporeal jerked her head in Soma’s direction.

“There it is,” said the shapeshifter.

“Then go,” Eidolon said. “Be fast.”

The creeping cold that disguised itself as numbness spread over Eidolon’s body as she stepped away to the other side of the bunker. The girl’s anger was delicious. She could be a beautiful lynch pin for breaking the girls if her powers were stronger. She’d made a delightful assassin. Soma knew the girl thought about it, how easily she could slide her hand into someone’s chest and pull it out again. No trace. Just shadow. But that’s not how good girls act. Not yet.

Korporeal moved down the corridor slowly, turning herself into a cat to better see in the dark. Soma hummed “Sweet Dreams” as she walked, not caring if she gave herself away. She wasn’t going to fight these girls, and they weren’t going to fight her.

Playing with Korporeal’s senses was tricky, and that was why she had to go first. The girl could edit her body which meant editing her nerve endings. Soma couldn’t craft a powerful hallucination or tantalize Korporeal’s skin. In one move, the shapeshifter could be a rhinoceros with a thick hide or a mole to fight off any tricks of the eyes. But one part of Korporeal stayed the same, more or less.

The poor girl couldn’t edit her mind.

“Lights on,” Soma commanded, and the hallway flooded with lights. In front of her was a calico cat with immaculate fur. “Oh my gosh, it’s you?” Soma said as she inflated Korporeal’s ego. “Korporeal is here to save me?”

The cat quickly shifted form into a beautiful Korean woman with rich brown eyes and short black hair. “Who are you? Are you okay?”

“I …” Soma looked around. “I’m trying to escape.”

“You’re a hostage? How many of you are there? Where are they keeping?”

“Uh, I don’t —” Soma gave a fake sniffle and fanned her face with her hand as though trying to calm down. “They didn’t keep us together, and they … they … they did things to us.”

“They? There’s more than Hauzer?”

“Who is Hauzer?” Soma shook her head. “I don’t know. It’s been dark and … oh god, thank you for being here. Thank you for saving me.”

Soma rushed forward and hugged Korporeal. The next part would have been tricky a few weeks ago when Soma first arrived on this world. Humans are sensitive tools. It wasn’t like a Zahari Berserker where you could blast their senses with wave after wave and get nothing. Humans’ minds were glass, but with a little bit of heat, they could bend just enough to shape. Soma couldn’t make anyone do anything, but she could play with their senses and nerves, and that was often more than enough to bring them to your side of thinking. Elizabeth Sanders got a little thrill of erotic pleasure when she obeyed. Hauzer’s ego was inflated. Emotions were the machinery of identity, and little tweaks here and there could create a stalwart ally or an eager drone.

In the case of Korporeal, her ego was a good place to start as it was with all these people humans called supers. But she was a sensual creature. That was why Soma used Korporeal last night with tiny pulses and the attention of Charles Linder (once more, that poor ego of hers). As Soma pressed into her, she fed Korporeal’s eager savior complex, but that wouldn’t be enough.

“Did you find anything?” Io asked over coms.

“It’s a hostage,” Korporeal said. Soma kept holding onto the Korean woman and pretended to sob in her arms. Korporeal wrapped her arms around her and held her tight.

“Take her someplace safe,” Io commanded. “Not out. Find a holding room or —”

“There’s a bunk in here,” Soma said. “I can hide there until —”

“Do it,” Io said. “Stay with her, Kori.”

“Right.”

Soma dragged Kori by the hand into an empty room with a bare bed. Meanwhile, Io carefully orchestrated Surya and Bastille to enter a side door that Eidolon opened for them. Soma needed them all to stay where she could find them later and where they wouldn’t disturb her.

Once in the room, Soma increased Korporeal’s sense of boredom and restlessness. It helped make time seem to drag on, as though they’d been trapped in this room for hours. Soma spun a story about how she was a famous actor and model from LA, and with the slightest lowering of suspicion and inhibition, Korporeal ate it up. They were able to conjure a wild theory that Hauzer and some other villains were gathering the most influential people in the world to help them shape culture and public opinion. Soma was apparently wildly popular in the highest echelons of fashion. That was why Korporeal had never heard of her, but it was true.

“And you act?” Korporeal asked. She was eating it up just like Charles Lindner. The chance to be around someone who wasn’t nearly as powerful as this shapeshifter but simply popular and influential was more than Korporeal could take. She almost forgot about the mission entirely as she found a new best friend that would take her to the right parties and introduce her to the right people.

“Oh, right, um…” Soma said. “Yeah. That’s how I got my start, I guess. Dancing and then acting.”

“Would I have seen you in anything?”

Soma looked down, trying to look embarrassed for the first time in her life. “I don’t think so.”

“Foreign stuff or —”

“Mostly adult films.” Soma swallowed. “Porn, I guess.”

Korporeal was forced to find this hilarious, fascinating, and arousing all at once. “Oh that?” she said with a wave of her hand. “That’s nothing.”

“Other people don’t like to —”

“I’m not other people,” Korporeal said.

Soma looked up and gave her a bashful but grateful smile. “Thanks.”

From there, Soma moved closer and closer to Korporeal. They were talking about what it was like to do porn, and so the shapeshifter wouldn’t be bothered by some arousal building in her body. Soma started slowly and carefully turned up the temperature in Korporeal’s body. One degree at a time, the shapeshifter would never notice she was melting for a perfect stranger in the middle of a dangerous base. As her inhibitions lowered, she wouldn’t care about the propriety of kissing Soma, of fucking her right there and then, of letting every guard down and abandoning her team.

Humans were too easy.

She discussed how she did high quality taboo porn, the kind of stuff that doesn’t sell well to the masses but the elite, perverted, and powerful would eat it up. Dark stuff. From there, she had a girlfriend that introduced her to the right people. She got out of porn to do modeling and fashion, and now she had a vast empire of underground contacts no one wanted to mention because it was all rooted from watching people do twisted and delightful things to Soma’s body.

Soma kept acting as ashamed as she could while putting her hand on Korporeal’s exposed thigh. She enjoyed the shallow breathing of her prey as the poor girl was putty in her hands. Nothing made humans more malleable than sex. It was as good as being drugged but all the wiring for it was in their own bodies. It made them betray their better judgment time and time again. They would even return to it, knowing it was poisoned. All of their bodies were designed to do two things: survive and fuck. Whereas Soma’s people had a third drive in their DNA: conquer.

“Do you … um … do you still …” Korporeal swallowed. She was so turned on she was almost bashful.

“Still do porn?” Soma said. She brushed her hair out of her face, trying to stay cute and shy.

“Uh, yeah?”

“Well, not exactly.” Soma moved closer and let her hand move further up Korporeal’s thigh, letting a powerful pulse of erotic energy ripple through her target’s body.

Korporeal closed her eyes and stifled a moan.

Soma stifled a laugh.

“What does ‘not exactly’ mean?” Korporeal asked.

“I don’t know if we should be talking about this, Korporeal,” Soma said. “I mean, I can’t believe I’m being rescued by one of the most powerful and beautiful women in the world and all she wants to talk about it —”

“Sorry,” Korporeal said quickly. Silence descended on them. Soma quickly knocked away any shame Korporeal was feeling and flipped it on itself. It was taboo to fuck a hostage instead of saving her, but humans were drawn to the taboo. Korporeal shouldn’t be ashamed by how she was acting; she should be aroused by it.

“And call me Kori,” she said quietly.

“You mean it?”

Korporeal bit her lip and nodded. Soma bit her lip too, smiled, and turned away shyly.

Soma was getting tired of this petty game. She had other toys to play with. She amped up Korporeal’s arousal. The thighs were such a lovely part of human anatomy. It wasn’t just the wonderful clusters of nerve endings or the overwhelming amount of life force with those precious veins. It was the human mentality of it. Their taboos once again would be their downfall. If someone touched a thigh, it was a tease and a promise. Thighs were too close to genitalia, and genitalia were sacred and profane in one breath.

Soma simply made Korporeal’s thighs more sensitive. It was a game to her, a challenge. Could she break this woman with nothing but thighs? A superhero. A woman trained against traps but whose vanity and ego were too large to succeed.

At first, it was just her clothing that made Korporeal squirm. She wore an almost kind of spandex rubber suit like most of Aurora Flight. It didn’t have to be stretchy because Korporeal’s clothes shifted with her skin into her new forms, but Korporeal liked the stretch anyways. She liked the way it hugged her body. She liked that she could make her hips wider or her ass bigger or breasts larger and the fabric would strain against them. She liked to be looked at and adored. She liked to flirt and tease. She could be anything she wanted, and all she wanted was to be adored.

Soma caught Korporeal’s gaze and held it this time. She let her expression change gradually as the strange hostage Korporeal found no longer looked shy and scared. Soma looked at Korporeal with a deep hunger, the kind of hunger building over Korporeal’s thighs and between her legs. Soma wanted Korporeal to know that she felt what the super felt.

And she wanted more.

With subtlety, Soma let her fingertips glide over Korporeal’s thighs. It was slight, like a fidget, but even that was enough to force Korporeal to suppress a moan. She closed her eyes, as the pleasure spread through her body like fire in a dry field.

Soma breathed on the flame, letting the heat of pleasure spread up Korporeal’s stomach, to her breasts which expanded as they melted Korporeal’s self-control. Soma smirked as Korporeal’s neck and cheeks turned pale and then bright red.

“That’s —” Soma bit her lip and moved her free hand to Korporeal’s neck, acting shocked at the transformation.

“Sorry,” Korporeal said breathily.

“Beautiful,” Soma said. She kept moving closer and landed a gentle kiss on Korporeal’s neck. Then she cranked it all the way up, letting lightning shock every nerve in Korporeal’s body. The poor super felt as aroused by her elbow as she did by her nipples and clit.

This time, Korporeal didn’t suppress her moan, and Soma knew she had her.