The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Credit

A rewrite of Indentured Servant Welfare by Rilawild, posted with permission from the original author. I edited some scenes, made spelling and grammar checks, reorganized a few parts, and tweaked the flow of the story a little bit. That is all. At heart this story remains the same as Rilawild’s version.

Tour the Facility

Chapter One — Car Park

Hannah parked her car in front of the small office building, arriving for the first appointment in her new role as Indentured Servant Welfare Officer.

Until last week she ranked simply a standard social welfare officer, monitoring the well-being of vulnerable people in her district. This new job represented a promotion.

Hannah suspected that she received this promotion because of her recent, quite accidental, uncovering of corruption where she worked. A high-ranking government official was embezzling and she stumbled across incriminating documents.

Naturally, Hannah immediately reported what she found to her supervisor before talking about it to anyone else, and they suspended the corrupt official pending further investigation.

The potential for scandal loomed enormous so Hannah was sworn to secrecy until the investigation concluded. They even made her sign some NDAs. Then this sudden promotion—with a hint that it came because of how she uncovered the apparent fraud and, perhaps mostly, because of her discretion.

Thus she found herself in a new job. Indentured Servant Welfare formed a new department and she became its first welfare officer. The indenture laws making her new position relevant are themselves still somewhat new, only coming to pass a few years ago, Hannah reflected. . .

* * *

After the second banking crash, too many people struggled to pay their debts and a significant number suffered, no longer able to afford basic necessities. So somebody floated the concept of Indentured Servitude.

Many accused the wealthy of destroying the economy. So they suggested the wealthy must help pick up the pieces by paying off debts of the poor in return for a period of service from the indentured individual. When you sign an indenture you become the responsibility of the indenture holder and free from all debts and creditors, a replacement for the old bankruptcy procedures.

Back when the debt indenture concept first got proposed, a lot of debate raged about whether it disguised a form of slavery, but advocates pushing for indenture assured the populace of safeguards against abuse and since it only lasted for a fixed term and because indenture holders paid off their servants’ debts, therefore servitude differed significantly from slavery.

Advocates and their supporters paid for numerous public information broadcasts, televised infomercial campaigns, and social media feed advertisements—to gather support for the newly-proposed law, and inform people of the benefits. Those information broadcasts helped Hannah understand the indenture concept. All the nonstop ads, memes and infomercials helped convinced the general populace too, such that the law quickly gathered massive support. Due in part to popular pressure, lawmakers passed the Indenture Act. At the time people saw it a necessary step to get the economy back on track.

Nowadays not only debtors sign indentures. Plenty of financially solvent people voluntarily sign up for a short period in order to accrue money for themselves. Though most indenture contracts do not pay well, supposedly it can turn out profitable if done right. The idea is to sign up for a few years, get all your accommodation and food paid for, and come out at the end with a tidy sum.

Some people even choose to sign up repeatedly, they renew or extend their indenture contract whenever the term ends. Repeatedly extending indenture contracts sidesteps the logic that indenture should use fixed-length terms. But few people seem concerned about that since such renewal is supposed to be voluntary by the indentured servant, although some contracts allow the indenture holder to renew too.

Most people just see indenture like simply another type of career path, a means to provide oneself basic needs, or just another way to keep and work at a job.

However, indentured servants do not get normal employee rights. Actually they hold few legal rights at all. Indenture contracts often grant the indenture owners a sort of power of attorney over their servants. But workers in this fairly new social class did still enjoy some rights and now Hannah’s responsibility is to make sure they do not get exploited.

Her new job requires checking on the welfare of indentured servants and her first appointment is with the company based at this location. They specialize in training indentured servants.

She likely will work from the road a lot during the first few weeks since they had not yet managed to allocate office space for the department. Hannah felt proud that her bosses held such confidence in her to allow the independence to work on her own and she felt determined to do an excellent job.

Her notes on this facility described an indenture agency in the business of connecting servants looking for work with those willing to buy their indenture contract. Most such agencies earn money by taking an upfront cut of the servant’s eventual severance pay as a fee for managing the contract. Apparently this facility distinguished itself by concentrating only on pleasure servants, a market focus to achieve better indenture price.

Some people indenture for manual labor, others as apprentices, and some as domestic servants or maids. At first only those few sorts of indenture types existed, but quickly the forms of service widened. Almost every imaginable skill or trade soon became handled through indenture. Including pleasure servants—the politically correct term for people who spend their time sexually serving the owner of their indenture contract.

Back when this practice first started, Hannah felt shocked; how could they allow that!? It seemed wrong, she thought, surely a form of prostitution.

However, reassuring public information campaigns kept explaining it to the general public and those infomercials managed to soothe her fears. After all, working naked is legal, for instance nude modeling or a nude yoga coach. And some types of sexual touch, such as providing a sensual massage, are perfectly legal. Working as a pleasure servant seems passingly similar to working as an erotic massage expert or a sexual wellness therapist of sorts. Besides, prostitution itself is still legal in many places.

Anyway nobody was forced to become a pleasure servant, they may take any sort of indenture contract and choose that form of service only if they want it. If a person’s most marketable skills or talents draw them towards that type of service, why stop them?

In any case, Indentured Servitude passed into law with pleasure servants considered an acceptable type of indenture contract. And now such things stand a normal everyday part of the structure of society.

Even though sometimes the concept made Hannah uncomfortable, she learned, like everyone else, to embrace the changes and accept it all as part of modern civilized culture. She knows Indentured Servitude is fine, even necessary, a means of keeping the economy strong and ensuring everyone has work. Even her own job now specifically centers on helping servants.

She tried to put aside her discomfort at the idea and pull her thoughts back to the present, to focus on doing her job.

* * *

Her new duties begin with checking on the indentured servants housed here to ensure they get treated fairly and not exploited. This facility trained servants before selling their indenture contracts to prospective buyers. A common sort of business nowadays. As it happened, they specialized in training pleasure servants. No big deal, she tried to tell herself.

Her first visit just a preliminary evaluation, primarily so she might become familiar with the organization and obtain the details of all their trainees.

Hannah checked her appearance in the rearview mirror before stepping out of the car, determined to make this first meeting a success — to prove her promotion not a mistake—since she still felt quite nervous in her new position.