The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Ten Things I Know About the Mad Scientist

by Sarhom

Two: That He Has a Very Strange Daughter

Amanda found me the next day sitting in the food court, sipping a smoothie and thinking.

“I thought you’d be at your store,” she said by way of hello. She took the empty seat across from me. My eyes lighted on hers for a moment, and the memory of what had happened rushed over me in an instant. I quickly made up my mind to look away from her eyes, honey gold and deep.

“They fired me,” I said. “Apparently you’re not supposed to chase down and tackle thieves. That’s not store policy.”

As she smiled sympathetically, I realized that I hadn’t actually looked away from her eyes yet, despite my resolution. I forced myself to do so, only to find my gaze trapped by her hair. It was a wavy red-brown that shone beautifully in the light.

“Oh, no!” she exclaimed. “I hope you’re not mad at me.”

“I’m not mad at you,” I said immediately. I realized dimly that her hair was having almost as much an effect on me as her eyes, and exerted myself to look past straight down, at my smoothie. That cleared my head.

“That’s good. You’ll get another job, I suppose.”

“I suppose so. I’m not going to find work in this mall, though. My boss will see to that.” I’d been spending all morning mentally abusing my boss for my unjust firing, but somehow I couldn’t find it in my heart to blame this girl. Instead, I was fascinated by her. “How did you get away from the cops?” I asked, still looking fixedly down at the table.

“Oh...” she smiled slyly. “I managed to slip away. They mostly just wanted the phones back anyway. You know how mall security is.”

That didn’t answer my question, but reminded me of another one. “Why did you want all those cell phones anyway?”

She giggled. I blushed.

“No one ever asks that,” she said.

“Well, I saw that credit card of yours. Even if you don’t like using it, you’ve obviously got money...”

“Tell you what,” she interrupted, sitting up. “I feel bad about you losing your job. Let me take you to lunch, and we’ll talk more. Not here in the food court, we’ll go to a nice place. What do you say?”

I made a face. I needed to be looking for a new job. Unlike her, I had no fancy credit cards. I had no time to waste getting to know beautiful, strange young women, especially ones who had cost me my job.

She noticed my hesitation. “Come oooonnn. It’ll be fun! What do you say?”

No, no time for fun. I had to give her a firm rejection and be on my way. I looked her square in the eyes so she’d see how serious I was.

I had never seen eyes quite that shade of gold. What was with her?

“N-yeah, all right.”

I spent the following weeks with the girl, whose name I found out was Amanda. Over time, I grew acclimated to the intoxicating effect of looking directly at her, but I remained in considerable mental and emotional confusion. I was never quite sure what she was thinking, or what she meant by some of her bizarre statements.

“Where do you come from?” I would ask her.

“Past the clouds and below the Earth,” she would reply.

Such nonsense... but I found her utterly fascinating.

“What do you do?” I wanted to know.

“I take and tinker,” she said.

She certainly did take. More than once I had to stop her from stealing something from a local shop. She didn’t really need to do such things: she simply enjoyed the challenge, she told me. But still she persisted, and more than once we had some close calls together.

Over time, I got the feeling that the electronics, jewels, unusual batteries, and other odds and ends she collected all had some greater purpose. She took them all to her apartment at the end of the bus line, where she lived alone. She never let me follow her there.

Amanda was prone to marked swings in mood. One moment she might be laughing with me and the next screaming. I could never predict how she was going to react to anything I said. So any indication of a mood shift made me anxious. But all the same, I couldn’t stay away from her. I couldn’t control myself.

It soon became obvious to me that Amanda had grown fond of me as well. Even though she complained about my inability to talk back to her, to be more forceful, she wanted to spend most of her time with me, she said. And despite her strange ways, I felt the same.

* * *