The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE EROTIC LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW

With apologies to Washington Irving. Warning! The following story contains material of an adult nature and is intended for mature audiences.

Ichabod Crane arrived in the town of Sleepy Hollow at the end of the summer. He was just in time for a new school year to begin and he was eager to explore the quaint village, which would be his new home from now on. A town gentleman who had met Ichabod at the train station was pointing out all the points of interests on the way to his new abode.

“There is the Van Tassel estate.” The gentleman indicated, nodding toward a large house sitting upon acres of land.

“Estate?” Ichabod repeated, the word immediately catching Ichabod’s attention

“Yes. The Van Tassel’s are the wealthiest family in Sleepy Hollow. Old man Van Tassel has been trying to marry off his daughter Katrina for some time now. She’s quite a beauty. If I were a few years younger, I’d be tempted to woo her myself. Of course, there’s the matter of her current beau, Brom Bones. One wouldn’t want to get on his bad side.”

“Hmmm.” Ichabod said. He would have to make a visit to the Van Tassel’s...very soon.

* * *

Katrina Van Tassel was now regretting the picnic she had prepared under a huge tree by the lakeside for Brom Bones. He had taken a break from work to meet her at the secluded spot for a noontime repast, but the food was left virtually untouched. To Katrina’s dismay, the only thing being touched was her generous bosom by the roaming hands of Brom.

“Brom Bones! You cad! Stop that immediately!” Katrina exclaimed with a scolding tone in between her beau’s aggressive and passionate kisses.

“I’m sorry Katrina.” Brom replied lasciviously. “I can’t help it. They’re so ripe for the taking. How could you deny me any longer?”

“I’ll deny you as long as I don’t have an engagement upon my finger.” Katrina answered back curtly as she fought to remove his hands from pawing her jiggling cleavage. She also made a coy show of turning her face to refuse his wanton kisses.

“I promise you it will be very soon.” Brom assured her with a pleading tone. His cock was rock hard in his trousers, and he was aching to be satisfied one way or another. Katrina was the most beautiful young girl in the village. Porcelain skin, striking features and long, tawny curls which framed an angelic face.

Despite her long dress and frilly petticoats, Brom knew she had a body that was perfectly formed. He dreamt about it nightly, and he was desperate to explore it even more, but Katrina was ever resistant.

“That’s what you’ve been saying for the last two years.” Katrina complained. “If I didn’t know better, I would think that you were really after only one thing.”

“No. That’s not it. I assure you.” Brom lied. He wasn’t just after her virginity like she thought. He was also after her father’s estate. “I do want to marry you, more than anything. I just want to make sure the time is right. Please Katrina, believe me.”

Katrina looked into his eyes and finally broke. He always did this to her and she found it hard to resist his charm.

“All right, my love.” Katrina smiled. “I’ll do that thing you like, but that’s all.”

Brom’s heart leapt and his body came alive with a rush of adrenaline. Finally! His trousers were about to burst if he had to wait another moment. He watched with giddy excitement as Katrina slowly began to remove her lace gloves. She then began to undo the buttons of his pants and finally reached in to take out his rigid member. He sighed when her soft, warm hands encircled the shaft. After tenderly cupping his sack with one hand, she began to stroke him gently while he closed his eyes and leaned back against the thick tree trunk. As the birds whistled in the woods and bees buzzed by the lake, Katrina bent down over Brom and performed an exquisite series of hand movements upon his aching member.

Brom smiled as he opened his eyes lazily to watch as the beautiful young Katrina used her slender fingers to tap his shaft like flute and tease him to ecstasy. He reached out to stroke her soft curls and cheeks as her hand bobbed up and down in a gentle rhythm over his waist. Katrina knew how much Brom enjoyed the pleasures of her expert hand, and she made an extra effort to drive him to near insanity with her manipulations and by blowing gently on the head of his cock. One way or another, she would make him want her enough to marry her...and soon.

Meanwhile Brom Bones was in heaven. All he could think of was how wonderful it felt.

Someday they would be married, when he was good and ready, and he would get this whenever he wanted. He would not have to plead or beg for it. He would take this rich spoiled brat at least five times a day, and then sit back as she waited on him hand and foot.

* * *

The next day there was a knock at the door of the Van Tassel estate. Ichabod looked around and admired the architecture and landscape of the immense edifice. When a servant answered, Ichabod smiled and removed his hat.

“Hello, I am Ichabod Crane. I believe Mr. Van Tassel is expecting me.”

“Yes indeed, sir.” The servant replied as he held open the door. “Right this way.”

Ichabod followed the servant to a sitting room where Mr. Van Tassel was relaxing with a pipe. The portly Van Tassel stood up to greet his guest and pointed him to a chair.

“Well, Mr. Crane. It was so good of you to join us for dinner this evening. We always make it a point to invite any new citizens to our fair home.”

“It is my pleasure believe me.” Ichabod smiled. He was never one to turn down a free meal, especially one to be provided by the wealthiest family in the town.

Ichabod was pleasantly surprised by the invitation earlier that day. He was trying to figure out a way to invite himself over, but now here he was with practically no effort at all. The trick now was to ingratiate himself into Mr. Van Tassel’s good graces and into Katrina’s as well.

He had gotten a good look at her in town this morning, and she was everything they said she was. Beautiful, poised, young and rich. What more could he ask for?

“Dinner is served.” The servant announced, so Ichabod followed Mr. Van Tassel through the foyer towards the dining room. At that time, Katrina was coming down the huge curved stairway. Ichabod’s heart nearly stopped. The vision of beauty descending the stairs was more amazing than he had ever seen. Katrina smiled and his body tensed.

“Mr. Crane, I’d like to introduce you to my daughter, Katrina.” Mr. Van Tassel announced. “Katrina, this is Ichabod Crane, the new schoolmaster.”

“I’m pleased to meet your acquaintance.” Katrina said in a pleasing voice as she curtsied.

Ichabod could barely speak. Instead, he took Katrina’s delicate hand and bowed to place a soft kiss upon it.

Katrina blushed. She hadn’t been greeted by someone in so gentlemanly a manner in quite some time. Despite his awkward and gangly appearance, he did possess all the polite charms of a well-educated person. It would be so nice to finally get to speak to someone who wasn’t as crude as all the other men in this forsaken town, she thought.

Ichabod and the Van Tassel’s settled down for a sumptuous meal. Ham, spiced meats, steamed vegetables, bread and rich wines were all topped off by a rich dessert of cakes and pies. Ichabod could not get enough each and every satisfying morsel, and the Van Tassel’s were amazed that someone so thin could consume so much.

Afterwards, they retired to the sitting room for an after dinner brandy. There, Ichabod made cursory conversation with Mr. Van Tassel, but most of his attention was dedicated to the young and charming Katrina. Van Tassel could plainly see the budding mutual attraction, and he had heard enough of Ichabod Crane prattling on about his education and travels. He thought it best to leave his daughter and Crane alone. Perhaps his daughter would fall for this schoolmaster and she would be out of his house and his hands. Heaven only knew that she was getting nowhere with Brom Bones.

“Well, Mr. Crane, I don’t wish to be rude, but I’ll have to excuse myself. My wife and I are leaving early tomorrow morning for a day trip. Katrina will keep you company.”

Van Tassel looked over at the startled Katrina and said. “Won’t you Katrina?”

“Of course, father.” Katrina said and nodded at her father as he excused himself.

Once her parents were gone upstairs to bed, Katrina found herself at a loss for words alone in the company of Ichabod. Finally, she spoke up. “Well, Mr. Crane, how do you find our fair village?”

“Call me Ichabod. Please.” Ichabod implored the young lass. “And I find your fair village very pleasing indeed. Especially after this evening.” Katrina did not know how to respond, and only smiled shyly as her cheeks blushed.

“I noticed you have a piano there. It’s exquisite. Do you play?”

“Very badly, I’m afraid.” Katrina answered with a gentle laugh.

“Let me hear you play something, if you don’t mind.”

“Oh no, I couldn’t.” Katrina begged off.

“Nonsense. I only wish to see at what skill level you play.”

“Only if you promise not to laugh. I’m really quite horrid at it.”

“That remains to be seen.” Ichabod said. “Go on. Give it a try.”

“Well...all right.” Katrina finally gave in, and strolled over to the large piano. She sat down on the bench and turned open a music book. Then she took a deep breath and began to play while Ichabod stood close by with his head nodding along to the tune.

When Katrina finished, she giggled again and turned bright pink, which Ichabod noticed turned her creamy cleavage a nice rose colored shade as well from his view over her.

“Be honest. How bad am I?” Katrina asked in a depreciating manner.

“Nonsense, my dear.” Ichabod snorted. “You show great promise. I’ve certainly heard much worse. I mean... you’re not as bad as other...I...er...”

“I know what you mean.” Katrina laughed, trying to rescue Ichabod from his stumbling and unintentional statements.

“May I make a proposal?” Ichabod asked.

“Certainly.”

“I would be glad to tutor you.” Ichabod suggested. “I am trained to teach music, too.”

“Oh, Mr. Crane...I mean...Ichabod...that would be wonderful!” Katrina exclaimed. “I’ve always wanted to learn how to play properly. Would you really tutor me? Oh, this is so absolutely exciting! When can we start?”

“Why not right now?”

Katrina’s eyes lit up as Ichabod took a seat next to her on the bench, close enough to be intoxicated by her perfume.

“Now watch closely...” Ichabod instructed as he began to tickle the ivory keys while Katrina looked on, awed by his flawless skills as he brought the piano to life. Ichabod could feel her watching with rapt attention, seduced by his playing. He smiled to himself, already thinking towards their next session, where the real lessons would begin. The Van Tassel’s would be gone, and he would be left alone with Katrina.

* * *

The next day, Ichabod was finishing with the last of his school room preparations. It was one o’clock in the afternoon and he was famished. It was nearly time to meet Katrina for their first music lesson, and he was looking forward to lunch, which the young maiden had promised. He gathered a bag of music sheets and headed out the door of the school.

As soon as Ichabod stepped outside he was met face to face with a rather large and square jawed fellow who seemed somewhat agitated. It was Brom Bones, who had been waiting patiently for Ichabod to emerge so he could size up the new schoolmaster. Especially after Katrina had canceled their noontime picnic this morning.

“Ichabod Crane?” Brom Bones said, more of a disdainful statement rather than an inquiry.

“Yes?”

“Brom Bones.” He introduced himself as he thrust out his hand. When Ichabod responded to the handshake, Brom grasped his hand and squeezed harder than necessary.

Ichabod gulped and replied. “A pleasure.”

“I understand you’ll be tutoring Katrina Van Tassel today.”

“Yes.”

“She’s told you about me of course.” Brom said in a challenging tone, as if daring Ichabod to answer otherwise. “I’m her fiancee.”

“To be honest, my good man, it never came up.”

Brom was taken aback. Then his eyes narrowed into slits. “I want you to hear me and hear me well, my friend. Katrina is mine, so don’t get any bright ideas in your head about anything other than a...musical...relationship.”

“Completely understood.” Ichabod replied evenly. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I must be going. Good day, sir.”

Brom watched with a sneer as Ichabod walked away to his horse and rode off. He didn’t like the way the schoolmaster answered him with his superior tone. He had sized up his potential rival and decided he was definitely going to have to keep an eye on him. There was no way he was going to lose Katrina to some scrawny schoolmaster.

* * *

Ichabod licked the last bit of grease from his fingers after finishing his last bit of roast beef. He then wiped his lips with a napkin after slurping up the last of his wine.

“Well, we might as well begin.” Ichabod stated as he stood up from the dining room. He took Katrina by the hand and led her into the sitting room where the piano waited.

“I can’t thank you enough for doing this, Ichabod.” Katrina gushed. “Are you sure you don’t require payment for something so valuable.”

“Your company and your hospitality are quite enough payment, Katrina.”

“Oh, Ichabod.” Katrina said with a giggle. “You are a charmer, aren’t you?”

Ichabod only smiled and thought, ‘If you only knew, my dear.’

“Let’s begin with a small exercise.” Ichabod suggested as he led Katrina over to the piano and held the bench out for her to sit down. “Wait here while I get something.”

Katrina watched as Ichabod brought over his bag of music sheets and placed them before her upon the piano. Then he reached again into the bag and brought out something odd.

Ichabod saw the puzzled look on her face, and explained. “It’s a metronome.”

“A metronome?” Katrina repeated. “What is it for?”

“Watch.” Ichabod said and took the stick of the musical timing instrument and set it in motion. Katrina watched in fascination as the stick rocked back and forth on a pendulum, with a light tick as it reached the zenith of each swinging.

“This is for keeping musical time, but I’ve found it also has another interesting use for my students. In order to become a well rounded musician, it is incumbent upon you to learn how to feel the music as well as hear it.”

“Oh, this is so fascinating.”

“I want you to listen very carefully, Katrina.” Ichabod said. “And trust me.”

“Yes.” Katrina assured him. “I trust you.”

“I want you to sit as still as possible, and take deep breaths...and relax. Let your mind go free, and try not to think about anything but the metronome as it keeps time. Listen to the sound of my voice, and relax. That’s the most important thing. Do you understand?”

“Yes.” Katrina replied, as she sat up straight on the piano bench, took a deep breath and began to stare at the slow ticking instrument atop the piano. She took long breaths of air as she watched, and tried to think of nothing at all, which she found quite easy as the seconds went by. Before long, the only sound in the room as ticking, and even the outside world seemed to fade away. There was only the sound of Ichabod’s soothing voice.

“Relax, Katrina. Breathe gently. Close your eyes...concentrate.”

Katrina did as she was told, and as more time went by, her mind seemed to lift and be carried away on a cloud. Her body was stock still, and her breathing was so shallow that one could hardly even tell she was breathing at all. After several more minutes of Ichabod’s gentle suggestions, Katrina was in a somnambulant state.

“Can you hear me Katrina?” Ichabod asked.

Katrina gave a barely perceptible nod in reply.

“Good...Now listen very carefully...” Ichabod said as he took a seat next to her while he waved a hand in front of her and snapped his fingers to see how she responded. She was completely under a hypnotic trance, and Ichabod smiled at the ease in which Katrina fell under his suggestions. He sometimes found that the more eager his subject, the easier it was to perform this little exercise. All that was left now was to begin the subtle training of the beautiful Katrina for his own prurient purposes. This was always the best part.

“You are under my complete control...you will do anything and everything I tell you without question...do you understand?”

Katrina gave another short nod of acknowledgment, and then Ichabod continued. “I want you to keep your eyes closed and play a series of scales on the piano until I tell you to stop. I want you to concentrate on the scales and nothing else. You will only hear the notes. You will feel or see nothing else. Ready? Let’s begin.”

Katrina lifted her dainty hands and placed them on the piano keys. Slowly at first she began to play the practice scales as Ichabod watched with interest. She was absolutely perfect in her responses, and he knew he had a very willing subject on his hands. Now, it was on to the next part of the exercise, to really test her state.

Ichabod turned sideways on the bench so he could get a better view of his lovely subject. The cleavage of her breasts rose and fell with each breath, and the bountiful mounds were ripe for the touch, so Ichabod very carefully reached up to begin untying the front of her bodice. As he loosened the lace, her breasts seemed to grow even larger as they spilled out of the top of her tight corset.

When Ichabod removed the last of the binding, he ever so gently opened the front of her dress to reveal her luscious chest. He was delighted to see her nipples suddenly become erect from the cool air. They were large pinkish berries, and he couldn’t help but reach up and pluck one between his fingers to give it a gentle squeeze. He looked at Katrina to see her reaction, but there was none. She did not feel a thing, so Ichabod went further, cupping one breast in his palm to fondle it, then the other.

Katrina only breathed deeply and continued her scales, totally unaware that her music tutor was now caressing her bare breasts. All she could hear were the musical notes.

Ichabod decided to have a little fun. “Katrina, you can stop playing now and open your eyes. Look what I’m doing.” Katrina did so and her mouth fell open when she realized that Ichabod was fondling her bosom. She exclaimed breathlessly, “Oh! Goodness! Ichabod...I...how dare you...”

“You really don’t mind if I do this, do you Katrina? In fact, it excites you somewhat. As a matter of fact, you are very aroused by this aren’t you?”

“I...don’t know...I’m confused...I can’t believe...how?” Katrina stammered in embarrassment as Ichabod continued kneading her plump breasts.

“How indeed. Tell me what you’re feeling.”

“Oh, this feels so...ummm...I can’t describe...it...I’ve never...Oh, I don’t know...what’s coming...over me.”

“Does it make you feel good?”

“Oh...yes.” Katrina exclaimed with a blush. “Please...this isn’t proper...”

“I know, but it’s so much fun.” Ichabod chuckled, giving her nipples a light pinch.

Katrina began to moan softly, closing her eyes and biting her lip as she felt a surging sensation within her while Ichabod roamed his fingers over every inch of her chest. When Ichabod leaned closer to suckle her left nipple, Katrina gasped with surprise and shock.

“Oh, Ichabod, you must stop this at once. I’m feeling...Ooooh...I can’t take this...”

Ichabod continued sucking one nipple and then moved to the other, licking her creamy smooth cleavage along the way. Katrina’s body was responding with ever increasing movement from her hips and torso, as she tried to squirm from his grasp. On one hand, she was totally stunned by the situation, but on the other hand, she could not help but feel totally aroused by Ichabod’s touch. She could

not understand what was coming over her. How could Ichabod make her feel this way? She only saw him as a mentor, not a lover.

“Katrina, you are so beautiful,” Ichabod said between suckling. “I’ve never tasted anything so wonderful. I want you to do something for me.”

“I can’t...Ooooh...I can’t...refuse.”

“That’s correct, Katrina, you can’t refuse anything I ask.” Ichabod said as he nibbled and sucked. “Now, use your hands to open my trousers. Mine are quite busy at the moment.”

Katrina blushed at his request, but soon found herself complying with his demand. Her fingers trembled as she reached for the buttons of his trousers, bringing to mind her own ritual with Brom Bones. Suddenly, the memory of her beau nearly shocked her out of her present state, but as she began to unbutton Ichabod’s pants, all thought of Brom Bones went out of her head as quickly as they had entered. All she could think of now was to comply with Ichabod’s wishes. She only wished she knew why she was so willing to do so. It was completely against her better judgment to become involved with someone in such an intimate way when they barely knew each other. But something about him...

“Now Katrina...take it out...” Ichabod said.

Katrina was almost panting now, the sensation of his mouth and hands, his bold sexual requests, the feeling of taking part in such a scandalous affair, was almost too much. But the ever-increasing feelings of arousal were overcoming her. Suddenly, she was like an eager child on Christmas morning, tearing at his pants to get to the contents within.

“Gently now...” Ichabod warned with wry amusement. He had never had such a willing and eager subject. This was almost too good to be true.

Katrina finally had him out, his hardening shaft grasped within her soft slender fingers, squeezing gently. Ichabod gave a soft groan at her warm touch and sat up straight.

“That’s a good girl.” Ichabod said as he stroked her blushing cheek. “Now, this is what I want you to do next.”

Ichabod leaned close to whisper in her ear, and suddenly Katrina’s bright blue eyes went wide as her face turned a crimson hue.

“Ichabod!” She gasped with astonishment.

“Come.” Ichabod said as he stood up and led the blushing young girl over to a velvet- covered chair. He sat down on it and instructed Katrina. “Kneel down here.”

“I...Ooooh...this is impossible...we can’t...” Katrina mumbled nervously.

“Nonsense, my dear. Of course you can...and you will...I promise it will make you feel even more excited than you already are...and it will make me very, very happy.”

Katrina continued to struggle with her thoughts. She simply couldn’t believe what was happening. How could she be feeling this way? His words were so enticing. She could not refuse, no matter how hard she tried. Her body was getting the best of her as well. She finally lifted her ruffled skirt and kneeled down between Ichabod’s open legs gracefully, as if kneeling before royalty. When she was now face to face with the elongated shaft, Katrina merely stared at it, totally entranced, breathing deeply.

“Doesn’t it look good enough to eat, Katrina?” Ichabod said lasciviously. “Help yourself.”

Katrina shivered with a sudden surge of excitement and arousal. She shut her eyes and gasped as her lips quavered. She opened her eyes after a few moments, and looked into Ichabod’s eyes with a look of complete devotion on her face. She smiled sweetly, licked her lips, and then bent down over the head of Ichabod’s cock, using the tip of her tongue on the engorged head first, before letting it slide past her lips until she took him into her mouth nearly the full length. Ichabod gripped the armchair tight and groaned with pleasure as Katrina used her lips to envelope him, swirling her pliant tongue around as she did so.

Ichabod closed his eyes and reveled in the warm wet sensation, his toes curling as Katrina pleasured him like no other before. She was exquisite, a natural in her oral stimulation as she continued slurping and sucking, moving and twisting her head around and around over his shaft, using her tongue and lips expertly to bring Ichabod to a fever pitch.

Meanwhile, Katrina was feeling the heat building inside her as well. The more she orally pleasured her teacher, the more exited she became. Her hand found soon itself under her ruffles and between her silken thighs, searching under her garments for the tender folds of her moist opening. With her fingers, she began to massage the most sensitive area between her legs, while her other hand was stroking Ichabod vigorously, as her head moved up and down in his lap.

Ichabod could take it no longer, seizing up and gritting his teeth as his toes curled in his shoes. He let himself explode within Katrina’s eager mouth, which had the effect of making her even more exited than she already was. She moaned and whimpered with Ichabod between her lips, swallowing the warm ropes of come streaming out of Ichabod’s aching member as she brought herself to intense climax of her own.

After the apex of their orgasm, Katrina continued suckling as Ichabod let out a loud sigh. He ran his fingers through her silken locks as he pumped his hips up gently to spurt the last few drops. When he recovered, Katrina stood up and wiped her lips while Ichabod caught his breath. He looked at her with wanton lust. He had to have more.

“Please remove your dress, my dear.” Ichabod said as he wiped his brow. Katrina was now more than happy to comply, slowly removing the laces, bows and sashes which held her dress together. It took her a few minutes to completely remove the elaborate dress and undergarments. When she was fully nude, she was a sight to behold.

“Come here.” Ichabod commanded.

Katrina stepped forward between Ichabod’s lanky legs. He pulled her forward gently to kiss her bare stomach, and then lower, driving Katrina to near madness with ecstasy. He used his tongue to tease and play at her tender opening. After several minutes of mind numbing ecstasy, Katrina shuddered with another orgasm, her juices seeping from her burning lips as Ichabod pulled her forward by her firm rump and buried his tongue inside her quivering vagina. When he stopped, Katrina whimpered with disappointment.

“What do you want Katrina?” Ichabod asked with a cocked eyebrow.

“I want you inside me.” She exclaimed. “Oh, please, Ichabod. Now!”

Ichabod found himself completely erect once again, and turned Katrina around as he ordered her, “Come...sit down.”

He guided her waist down on his lap until his cock was poised at her wet opening. She reached down between her legs to guide him in, and then he let her down slowly, entering her tight walls until she was fully impaled on his shaft. Katrina let out a long moan of ecstasy. It was almost too much to bear. She had never felt anything like this before. Any thoughts of improper behavior were gone from her mind. All she wanted to enjoy this exquisite feeling of...she couldn’t describe it.

Ichabod grunted as the lovely Van Tassel began to roll her hips on him, and he responded by grinding upward with short thrusts, driving ever deeper inside her velvet walls. He reached up and held handfuls of her breasts as Katrina gasped on top of him.

The two went at it for over an hour, until they both erupted yet again with screams of orgasmic pleasure. When it was all over, they both gasped for air and sat stock still in the chair until they could finally move again. Ichabod instructed the somewhat flushed Katrina to dress, while he recovered.

“Well, Katrina, I must say, your first went splendidly.” Ichabod said. Katrina smiled proudly and took a seat back at the piano, folding her hands in her lap.

“Now, this is what I want you to do...” Ichabod said as he gave the metronome another tap to start it going again.

“Close your eyes and relax...breathe deeply...just like before.” Katrina quickly complied, and after a few more commands, she was once again in a sleep-like state while Ichabod stood over her.

“Listen carefully, Katrina...our first lesson went very well...you have talent that we will explore more with each lesson. We have been practicing, and you won’t remember anything except playing your practice scales...nothing. Do you understand?”

Katrina nodded.

“When you awake, you will feel very pleased with your first piano lesson. You will be very happy with me...and you won’t be able to wait until our next lesson. Meanwhile, you will think of me quite frequently...and when you do, you will feel somewhat...excited. The feeling will be very pleasurable...and with each lesson, they will increase little by little.”

“Yes.” Katrina whispered.

“By the way, that gentleman by the name of Brom Bones...you will find him more and more repellent as time goes by. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Ichabod.” Katrina agreed.

“Now...we will meet twice a week...when school begins, I would really enjoy your company for lunch every day. You will bring those scrumptious meats and pies of yours.”

“Oh, gladly.” Katrina said with a smile.

Ichabod smiled to himself. The first lesson was complete.

“When the metronome stops...you will return back to normal.”

* * *

And so it went... on into the fall and during the beginning of the school year. Ichabod arrived twice a week at the Van Tassel estate, where following a meal, the two of them would lock themselves away in the sitting room for Katrina’s private lessons, with the young daughter insisting to her mother and father that they not be disturbed, not even for a moment. Most of the time they were alone though, as Mr. Van Tassel was away at work, and Mrs. Van Tassel gone to visit friends and family in the sleepy community.

Ichabod would begin the lesson with a “breathing exercise,” which he explained to Katrina would help her concentration on the music. Then, once Ichabod put her in her sleepy state, he would pretty much have his way with her, while making sure she was enjoying the experience as much as he was.

He enjoyed her in a variety of places and positions. On the rugs, atop the piano, on a tabletop, anywhere his heart desired. Katrina was ever eager to try anything her teacher suggested, bending and stretching her body to accommodate Ichabod’s rather large frame.

And after every lesson, Katrina was totally unaware of what had happened. All she knew was that being with Ichabod was the most wonderful thing in the world, and she was dying for him to approach her with a more serious relationship. Maybe she could win his heart at the upcoming Fall Festival.

* * *

The annual Fall Festival in Sleepy Hollow took place on the last day of October. It was a festive affair attended by everyone to celebrate the harvest of the small farming town. The townspeople filled the large meeting room in back of the old inn, partaking of bountiful amounts of food and drink spread on long tables from one end of the room to the other. A band played, and couples danced, as children ran around, chasing each other merrily between the legs of the adults. The men and women wore their finest, and great pains were made by the women to outdo one another with the desserts.

This year, Ichabod was virtually the center of attention. Despite his gangly frame, and plain looks, it was rare to have an eligible bachelor in the town, and Ichabod was very pleased with all the young ladies vying for his attention, and plying him rich desserts.

As the night wore on, he danced with Katrina while Brom Bones looked on with utter disdain. Katrina had spurned his advances for the last few weeks, and he knew it all had to do with the upstart schoolmaster. He noticed the time and grinned to himself. It was time.

“Attention everyone!” Came a booming voice. “Would the men please retire to the anteroom for brandy and cigars.”

The women groaned as the men began moving towards the doorway, spouting shallow apologies to wives and mistresses. It was time for the storytelling.

“I suppose you’d better join them.” Katrina pouted. “It’s time for the women to gossip and clean up while you men tell your superstitious tales.”

“How dreadful.” Ichabod moaned. “Just when I was beginning to enjoy myself. Katrina, I just wanted to say...”

Ichabod stopped short. He was about to tell Katrina how much he was feeling for her, but he didn’t know exactly how to express it, when he was suddenly clapped on the shoulder.

“Come along Ichabod.” Brom Bones interrupted loudly. “You don’t want to stay out here with the women and children do you?”

Ichabod shrugged his shoulders and stared longingly at Katrina as she gave a Brom Bones a baleful stare. Oh, how she hated this man.

Brom Bones led Ichabod to the anteroom where a large fire was blazing in the hearth. The men were gathering around, pulling up chairs, lighting cigars and pipes, and a bottle of brandy was passed around to fill the glasses.

For the next hour, a few of the men began to unweave tales of darkness. Superstitious stories told to raise the hair on the back of the neck. Ichabod found their custom somewhat ridiculous, especially when they insisted some of the stories were true.

“Brom, tell us the story of the headless horseman!” Came a shout from back of the room.

All of the men began clamoring at once. It was the annual telling of the old legend, and no one could tell it better than Brom Bones.

Brom took his place in front of the fire as all the men began to quiet each other. None of them dared not to miss a single word.

“It is said that the soldier was a Hessian, brought over as a mercenary to help the army against its enemy...” Brom Bones began with a solemn tone.

For the next half-hour, he began to unveil a story of a man who lost his head in a terrible battle many years ago. Just as many a malevolent spirit will when dying an awful death, the soldier’s spirit refused to move on into the nether world, instead remaining behind to search for his missing head.

“Each year on this night, he rides a black horse, dark as coal with blazing eyes. He’s armed with a battle hatchet, and many who have had the unfortunate experience to encounter him on the old wooded road, have died from fright. Others, braver, tried to outrun him, but in the end were cut down, their own heads separated from their hapless bodies and never seen again, apparently taken by the headless horsemen as revenge.”

The room was deathly quiet. Brom paused for effect before continuing. “There was one fortunate soul who made it to the covered bridge before the ghost caught him. Somehow there was an invisible line that the horseman could not cross. So pray my dear brothers, that if you ever encounter him, you will make it to the bridge, or you to will lose your head in the most gruesome way imaginable.”

The men murmured amongst themselves as Brom sipped his brandy and stepped away from the fire. Without another word, it was over. Suddenly the men began to stand and make idle chatter, trying to shake off the eerie sensation which Brom tale always gave them. Some made jokes and laughed as they moved to the main room to collect their families. The evening’s festivities had now come to end, and soon the townspeople left one by one, on horses, wagons, some on foot to nearby homes.

Ichabod was one of the last ones to leave; making sure there weren’t any leftover desserts to go to waste. Sadly, Katrina had already left, and he did not have a chance to talk to her. Oh, well, there was always their next music lesson. Suddenly Ichabod swooned. The brandy had gone to his head, and he was feeling a bit woozy.

Brom Bones approached him. “I trust you had an enjoyable evening at our quaint affair.”

“Yes, indeed.” Ichabod replied as he stumbled out the door.

“Will you make it home all right? You seem dizzy.”

“Yes. I’m quite all right.” Ichabod assured the fellow. Then he paused and said,

“But this is my first time here. Which way is the quickest back to the north end of town?”

“There are two ways...” Brom said. “The main road, which is longer...”

“And the other?”

Brom paused ominously before pointing and saying, “The old wooded road...but I would not recommend that way my good fellow. The headless horseman.”

Ichabod looked at Brom, trying to determine if he were serious or having a joke with him. He then smiled and said. “I see.”

“Good night, sir.” Brom said with an impish grin, and mounted his horse to head home.

“What utter nonsense.” Ichabod mumbled as he mounted his gray mare. “Headless horseman indeed. That gentleman is intoxicated.” As the last man locked up for the night, the wind began to blow.

“Better hurry on home Mr. Crane. Looks like a storm is blowing this way!” The caretaker warned as he ran off into the night.

Ichabod rode off down the road, pulling his collar up and his hat down hard as a chill blew through him from the rustling trees by the side of the road. Soon he was at the crossroads.

Normally, he told himself, he would rather like a nice long ride to clear his head, but the storm was coming...

He took the old wood road, his mare protesting as if aware of something ahead.

“Come along now!” Ichabod prodded, and off they trotted.

It was half a mile when the wind began to pick up, and the first slashes of lighting lit up the distant skies. Soon after came the unmistakable sound of rolling thunder. From Ichabod’s calculations, the storm would arrive very soon.

He was too woozy to trot, as every time the horse clopped down its hooves, his head pounded. Ichabod could almost swear the hoof beats were echoing now, blaming it on the wind and the creaking and twisting trees on either side of him.

Then he heard it.

A laugh as haunting as he had ever heard from behind him. He froze, and it felt as if his heart stopped. His horse began to skitter and whinny in panic. Without a glance back, Ichabod kicked the horse and off they ran. He had never been so frightened in his life.

Without even looking, he knew what was behind him, but his head forced itself to look anyway. There it was, a few hundred feet away, a cloaked figure on a black horse. Yes, the horse’s eyes were flaming red...and yes the horseman was indeed without a head.

It was impossible! How could this be? He didn’t believe in ghosts or superstitions. But the thundering hoof beats of the pursuing phantom convinced him otherwise.

“Run, you bastard!” Ichabod cursed his horse, which was frightened itself and ran hard with wide-eyed panic.

Ichabod could sense the horseman drawing ever nearer. He could almost feel the black horse’s steaming breath on his back as stinging rain began to pelt his face. Lighting lit up the sky and was quickly followed by a thunderous clap.

There was only one chance to survive this nightmare, as Ichabod remembered the old covered bridge that was ahead in the darkness. If he could only make it there, he would be safe. ‘Dear Lord, why did I have to take this word?’ He thought.

The hair-raising laugh echoed through the night again, and Ichabod could swear it was coming from all around. Not even the thunder and torrential rain could drown it out.

Ichabod found himself whimpering like a child, there was no way he was going to survive this. He couldn’t believe he was going to die this way.

Suddenly, lighting flashed, and he saw it up ahead. The old covered bridge! The next few minutes seemed like an eternity as Ichabod raced for safety. If only he could make it in time. He crouched as low as he could, knowing the hatchet would find him his neck soon. He shut his eyes and screamed when he sensed the headless horsemen ride up close behind and let out a horrible laugh.

Ichabod was suddenly stunned by a different sound, the hollow pounding of hoof beats on wood. He opened his eyes and found himself riding through the tunnel of the bridge. When he came out the other side, he pulled on the reins as his horse reared up. When he looked back, he saw the headless horseman on the other side of the bridge, stock-still.

“I’ve beat you!” Ichabod yelled as rain continued to pour down. “I’ve won!” Ichabod then watched with awe as the phantom horseman reared his coal black stallion up.

He waved his hatchet as if cursing his prey, and then Ichabod noticed something odd.

The headless horseman held up a large round object, which Ichabod thought at first was a severed head, but lighting revealed it to be a pumpkin with a face carved into it. It seemed to be glowing from within, and Ichabod was at first enthralled and then horrified by it.

As a loud clap of thunder sounded, the headless horseman suddenly hurled the object at Ichabod, who screamed as the flaming pumpkin head came at him in an impossible straight line with blinding speed.

Lighting flashed and it was over.

* * *

The next day nothing was found of Ichabod Crane except his tattered hat lying at the entrance of the covered bridge as his faithful horse remained vigilant nearby.

THE END