The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

A River City Halloween

by J. Darksong

pt1) Creepshow

“No.”

“No. NO-NO-NO-NO, and did I mention, NO?”

“Oh, come on Gwen,” Janika said with a pout. “Do we have to do this EVERY Halloween?”

“Well, to be fair,” Tina remarked with a grin, “it’s only been a little more than a year since we’ve known her, so this is only the second Halloween.”

The aforementioned Gwen, being me, glared back at the pair of tricksters smirking at me. “I said ‘NO’! And I’m pretty sure I’m speaking English. Which I know for a fact that both of you are fluent in. So... what are you two not getting? No. I am NOT going out on Halloween this year!”

“Awww... why not?” Janika asked. At which point I actually turned to gape at her. As if she could have possibly forgotten what happened LAST year! Seeing my expression, she let out a sigh. “Well, okay, so yeah, last time didn’t exactly go the way we’d planned,” she admitted.

“That’s putting it mildly,” I murmured.

“But I’m sure things won’t be nearly as chaotic this time,” she continued heedless. “I mean, no way things could possibly go as crazy as they did the last time.”

I gaped at her again. “Seriously? Did you suddenly forget where we live?” I asked her. “This is River City. We’re ground zero for the weird, strange, and uncanny, here! If we were in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, we’d be living on the Hellmouth!” The both blinked at me, and I sighed inwardly. This generation… never keeping up on the classics. “You know,” I continued, “the very idea of us having a Halloween in which something crazy or apocalyptic DIDN’T happen would be weird in and of itself!” I shook my head, lying down in bed, pulling my pillow over my head. “No, thanks. I am staying in bed and sleeping until it’s over and done with!”

“Oh, come on,” Tina replied, rolling her eyes. “Quit being a baby!” At which point I retorted by flipping her the bird. “Cute, Gwen, really cute,” she said with a smirk. “Seriously, though. You’re an immortal vampire! What are you afraid of?”

“Gee, I don’t know,” I said, lifting the pillow off my head briefly. “Maybe a crazy witch with a magical tome trying to capture me and use me as alchemical ingredients in some cockamamie spell?” I asked. “Frankly, I’m surprised the two of you aren’t interested in staying in this time... considering what happened to both of YOU last year.”

“Wait... what do you mean?” Tina asked, confused. “What happened to us?”

“Did you forget your little ‘wardrobe malfunctions’?” I asked, smirking as both women suddenly recalled, blushing brightly. “I’ve gotten pretty familiar with all of you guys’ kinks over the past few months, but I’m pretty sure neither of you are into exhibitionism.”

“Er... um, I’m sure that was just an isolated incident last time,” Jan murmured, staring pointedly down at her sock-covered feet. “There’s NO chance some supervillain makes us strip naked in public this time.”

“Maybe, but do you really want to take that chance?”

Janika and Tina glanced at each other. “You know what... you have a good point,” Tina admitted, sitting down on the bed next to me. “How about we just stay in and do a movie marathon?”

Jan sighed. “Well, if we’re going to ditch Trick or Treating to watch movies, let’s at least go out and watch something in the theaters. They’ve got a lot of new stuff out this week. Anyone interested in the FNAF movie?”

I blinked. “Really? After playing all the games, there’s no real mystery. You already KNOW what’s going to happen before we even watch it.” I huffed. “I’d rather go watch the new Paw Patrol movie.” The others stared at me speechless. “H-hey! I… I was using that as an example!” I protested quickly. “I don’t REALLY wanna go watch it! Um... uh... what about Saw X? It’s a ‘Saw’ movie and I know pretty much nothing about it. Haven’t seen anything advertised about it, so it should be a complete surprise. What do ya think?”

“Sure, sure, Saw it is,” Jan replied, as she and Tina slipped on their shoes and grabbed their jackets. “And don’t worry, Gwen—if it gets too scary, we can always step out of the theater and go across to the one playing Paw Patrol,” she added with a grin.

“Shaddup,” I grumbled ignoring both of them as they giggled. Sighing, I slid off the bed and slipped on my own shoes and jacket. Frankly, these girls were damned lucky I loved them so much, it was probably the only thing that kept me from killing them on a regular basis. With a soft sigh, I joined the two chuckleheads and headed out into the River City night.

* * *

On the far side of town, two other figures were chatting with each other as they walked down the street. “Sorry about that,” Jimmy Frasier apologized sheepishly. “I guess I should have called ahead to make sure my folks would actually be home. I know you really wanted to meet Mom and have a visit with her.”

Lana LaSilvas merely shrugged. “It’s fine. We can always catch up with them later. And truly, I should have guessed your mother would be away. It IS Halloween after all... that time of the year when the boundaries between the realms are at their weakest. It would make sense that the Norns would be especially busy right now.”

“Heh. True enough. I’m hanging out with you because Devon’s gone off to Yggdrasil as well,” Jimmy remarked with a sigh. “Not that I don’t appreciate spending time with you, that is. It’s just... unexpected.” Lana glanced at him. “Now, now, don’t give me that look,” he remarked, grinning. “You and Diane have been practically bound to the hip these past few months. And I don’t begrudge you spending time you’re not training me out with your girlfriend at all. I was just a bit... surprised you’re not out with her today.”

Lana giggled. “Well, I did ask her to come along with us,” she admitted, “but she declined. I think she has a bit of a complex when it comes to meeting her ‘childhood idols’,” she stated with a knowing grin. Jimmy merely nodded. He was well aware of Diane’s intense admiration for his Aunt Sarah, Midas City’s premiere heroine, from years back when Silver Girl had saved her life. She was likewise very much in awe of his mother, Lacie, another childhood icon, despite having met Omega Girl twice now, back when his half-brother Kyle had first appeared.

Heh. I certainly have one very convoluted family tree, he mused to himself idly. Between my aunts, uncles, and cousins, most of whom aren’t even related by blood, and an entirely different family and siblings from completely different timelines and alternate dimensions, a true family reunion would probably require renting out a conference room at the Marriot! He sighed softly. Speaking of family... it’s a pity Katie’s not in town tonight. She and the angels decided to spend the night in Salem with the Grimaldes. He chuckled ruefully. Just my luck. I decide to come to town for a visit and everyone else decides to leave.

“So... what do you think, Lana?” he asked, turning back to her again. “Wanna call it a day and head back home to Portland, or hang out a bit longer in River City? The last time we were here it was just a short stay over... I didn’t really get to give you the ten-cent tour.”

Lana smirked, glancing around as a group of young kids in costumes walked across the street, each carrying a heavy-laden trick-or-treat bag. “Well, it certainly is the night for it,” she mused. “And I’m definitely dressed for the occasion.” Indeed, she’d dressed in her usual attire of a long silver robe, wooden walking stick, and sandals, typical attire for a true magus. She’d even accessorized by wearing a big floppy witch’s hat as well. Jimmy had eyed her strangely at first but said nothing. Fully dressed in his own hero costume, he had no room to complain after all. “Hmmm... I think I’d like to start the night off with a drink,” she mused aloud. “How about... that place?” she asked, pointing out a small Irish-style tavern to their left.

“Huh... sure, I guess,” Jimmy remarked with a shrug. “‘Lupine’, hmm? Don’t think I’ve ever visited this place before, but I’m willing to give it a try.”

Stepping inside, they found the bar to be full and lively, with several people talking, dancing, and drinking. A tall dark-skinned bald man stood at the bar, idly polishing a glass. He glanced up as they approached, nodding. “What’ll it be?” he asked simply as they sat atop an empty pair of stools.

“Oooh! I know! Diane taught me about this one drink recently that was simply divine!” Lana gushed. “I’d like a Ramos Gin Fizz.” The crowd suddenly went quiet, and the barkeep gaped at her.

“A... what?” he asked, frowning.

“Ramos. Ginn. Fizz,” Lana reiterated slowly. “It’s a cocktail, with a gin base, obviously. It has lemon juice, lime juice, egg whites, heavy cream—”

“Look, lady, does this look like the Club Ritz to you?” the barkeeper barked, as several others began chuckling. “We do beer and whiskey here. If you’re looking for something ‘fruity’ to sip with your friends at book club, yer in the wrong place.”

Lana scowled, eyes flashing, and Jimmy winced, knowing that look all too well. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he went up to the barkeep. “Very well. Let’s try something a bit simpler, then... Since it’s Halloween and all, I assume you can make a Corpse Reviver?” The barkeep frowned. “Even an establishment such as this should be able to pull that one off. And it’s less involved than the Ramos.”

The barkeep gave them a smirk. “Heh. Corpse Reviver, huh? Well... you’re right, it does kind of fit in with the holiday. That alright with you, Miss?”

Lana raised an eyebrow, glancing at Jimmy. “It’ll be fine,” he assured her. “Trust me. Gin, lemon juice, dry vermouth, and absinthe. A bit strong, but just the kind of thing Diane would approve of.”

“Very well, I’ll trust your judgment,” she stated, primly.

“Good,” Jimmy replied, peering back at the barkeeper. “As for myself... what do you have in the way of Johnnie Walker?” Again, the barkeep blinked.

“Heh. I was right... a couple of real high rollers, huh?” he mused aloud. “Very well. We have Red Lable, Black Label, and Gold—”

“No Blue?” Jimmy asked, cutting him off. The bartender smirked.

“As a matter of fact, we do,” he stated, gesturing to a single bottle resting behind the bar. “But it’s reserved by the owner for.... ‘special occasions’. And I doubt you two would qualify.”

Jimmy considered... then simply shrugged. “Fine. It’s not worth arguing over. Johnnie Walker Gold, neat, and leave the bottle.” He took out his wallet, sliding over his ID and his credit card. The barkeep simply pushed it back at him gesturing to a small plastic sign next to the cash register: CASH ONLY. “Ah, yes, of course,” Jimmy remarked, taking out a couple of bills instead, and tossing them onto the bar. Grunting, the bartender snatched them up and then set about making their drinks. Jimmy merely sighed, shaking his head.

“Ah, yes, there’s that River City hospitality that I’ve been missing,” he muttered aloud, causing Lana to giggle. “Seriously. I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to drinking establishments. Are you regretting stopping in here yet, Lana?” he asked.

“Not at all,” she replied, grinning. “It’s interesting taking in the local... ‘color’ so to speak. I find it fascinating meeting and interacting with all the different people in the various cities here. Life in Sanctuary is peaceful and serene, but honestly quite boring after a few hundred years. When your dear cousin Yancy offered me the chance to serve as your tutor in the mystic arts, I practically jumped at the chance.”

Jimmy chuckled, glancing up as their drinks arrived. “As I recall, you weren’t exactly thrilled with the idea once you met your student,” he pointed out. “We didn’t exactly hit it off in the beginning. Frankly, I was surprised you didn’t immediately ask to go back home and find another poor sucker to try and train me.”

Lana’s cheeks colored slightly. “Yes, well... I can admit to... taking a while to warm up to you.” She scowled. “Dear Yancy failed to specify exactly who her cousin was that was requesting training. Perhaps if she’d mentioned you were a male from the beginning—”

“You would have refused out of hand,” Jimmy remarked, smirking. Lana chuckled, taking a sip from her own drink. “Face it, cousin... you LaSilvases tend to be pretty singularly fixated on the female species as a whole. Granted, considering all the lovely women in your family tree, I can see the obsession... but still.”

Lana laughed, taking a deep drink from her glass. “Well, it’s not as if we actually NEED men anyway,” she reasoned, “when a little magic is all it takes to produce more offspring.”

“Yeah, but who to you have to open your jars of pickles?” Jimmy quipped, pouring himself a drink.

“Oh, silly, we have magic for that as well!” Lana giggled again, then burped softly. “Oh! Excuse me,” she said, embarrassed. “You’re right... this drink is a LOT stronger than I expected. But mmmm... it is quite good!”

Jimmy chuckled as well, draining his own glass. “Maybe you should slow down a bit then, and just sit it. After we leave here, I’ll take you out somewhere nice for dinner. Then maybe we’ll head up to the top of the giant needle and you can look at the entire city at night from above.”

Lana smiled at that. “That... sounds really nice, Jimmy.” She glanced at him sidelong. “You’re a very nice man, Jimmy. Very nice. I can see why—hiccup—I can see why Devon is so into you.” She took another long sip of her drink. “Mmmm... fuck that is tasty,” she sighed softly. “Um... what was I saying again? Oh yes... that you’re a very nice young man...”

“Uh huh,” Jimmy replied, amused. It was nice seeing this side of Lana. Usually so calm and composed, practically repressed. She rarely let down her guard enough to show her softer side. Except with Diane, her sweetheart. And apparently, when she was intoxicated. Heh. Another family trait. I seem to recall Sarah, Nebby, and ’Rora all had a tendency to get a bit ‘chatty’ when they were three sheets to the wind as well. Mom can hold her own liquor pretty well, and Dad? He’s Scottish, so of course he can handle drinking. But Katie... she’s a total lightweight as well. Heh. I guess that’s a bit of Aunt Sarah’s influence shining through there as well.

“Excuse me,” a man’s voice cut through his inner monologue. Glancing up, he found a tall, blonde, broad-shouldered, well-tanned man standing before them flashing a brilliant smile. But Jimmy could smell the alcohol on his breath from his seat. “Sorry to interrupt... but I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation just now. And pretty lady, I’d like to buy you another drink.”

Jimmy bristled slightly. “Ah, yeah, thanks, but no thanks,” he stated. “The lady already has one that she’s currently working on. And we’re about to leave shortly anyway.”

“Well, pal,” the man replied smugly, stepping between them, “that’s for the LADY to decide, isn’t it? So, Miss,” he began again, giving Lana his glistening smile, “how about you come sit next to me and talk for a bit?”

Lana blinked, frowning as if considering for a moment, before shaking her head. “No thank you. Not interested,” she replied simply, before turning back to Jimmy again. “Sorry, you’re not my type.”

Jimmy chuckled at the man’s expression. “Well, pal, you heard her. You’re not her type. But don’t sweat it. Truth be told,” he said, draining his glass dry, before pouring himself another from the bottle. “I’m not her type either.”

The blonde, pissed at being shown up, planted a hand on Jimmy’s shoulder. “You’re a real smart ass, aren’t you, fella?” he growled menacingly. “Maybe you should watch your mouth before it ends up getting you into trouble!”

Far from being intimidated, Jimmy merely glanced at the man, eyebrow raised. “Well, now, I guess we can’t have that, now, can we? How about a buy you a drink then?” he offered. “What are you having? I’d recommend the scotch.”

Insulted, embarrassed, and still pissed, the man reached out and took Jimmy’s glass from his hand... and tossed it into his face. “Fuck you,” the blonde grunted, slamming the empty glass back onto the table. All talk in the tavern ceased, while everyone turned to watch the altercation, to see what happens next. Jimmy, soaking wet, merely sighs, wiping the fluid dripping from his face.

“Well... that was disappointing,” he muttered, shaking his head. “I’m actually kind of glad now that I didn’t insist on the Blue. If you’d just wasted a glass of that, I’d actually be pissed right about now.” Turning to Lana, he gestured. “So, shall we call it a night? I need to stop by at home and change clothes before we go out to eat now.”

Lana scowled. “Wh... what the hell? Jimmy? Don’t let him push you around like that?” she insisted. “Kick his arse! You can... wipe the floor with him!” The blonde man merely laughed.

“Too bad, hotness,” he said, reaching out for her arm again. “Looks like your boyfriend is nothing but a spineless wimp. Sure you don’t wanna come with me instea—AAARRGHHH!” he screamed suddenly, clutching his hand where it had grabbed Lana’s arm.

“Don’t touch me,” she stated coldly, her hands glowing with a bright silver light. “My friend might be too nice of a guy to put you in your place... but I’m not nearly as nice!”

“Ahhh... ahhh... you... fucking bitch!” the blonde man yelled, staring at her with wide eyes. “My hand... you... you... you turned it to stone!” he exclaimed, holding it up for the crowd to see. Sure enough, the man’s hand, up to the middle of his forearm, had changed into a stony grey concrete texture. The crowd gasped in alarm, everyone backing slowly away. Lana merely laughed.

“That’s right!” she cackled gleefully, holding up her staff, wavering slightly in place. “Did ya think the costume was just for show? You mess with a witch on Halloween, and you pay the consequences!”

“And on that note, I think we’ll be going,” Jimmy said loudly, taking Lana by the arm and leading her quickly to the door. Thankfully, no one tried to stop them. Outside, he sighed softly, shaking his head. “Geez, Lana... what the shit? I didn’t want to draw any undue attention to us.” He sighed. “And then you go casting spells and turning the guy’s hand to stone.”

“Bah,” Lana waved dismissively. “It was just a little spell. No real harm done. The petter... pecta... pet-ra-fi-cation,” she said slowly enunciating, “is just temporary. It’ll wear off in an hour or so.” She scowled. “An’ anyway, its yer fault. You sholda… stood up to the guy yerself!”

“Lana, I can benchpress a steam engine, and toss it across a river like a skipping stone,” he reminded her. “Not to mention my shadow magic, which I’ve been learning from you how to control. The guy was an obnoxious drunk in a bar—about as much of a threat to you or me as a mosquito is to a polar bear!” The comparison caused Lana to blink, the burst out laughing.

“Oh… oh my… I think I might be… a little bit tipsy,” she admitted sheepishly.

Jimmy sighed. “Yeah, a wee bit... still, we should probably get out of here before someone calls the police,” he muttered. “I’d hate to have to explain to the cops, or worse, one of the city’s heroes, exactly what we were doing there and how this all went down.” Sniffing himself again, he grunted. “Ugh. And I smell like a damn brewery. C’mon. I’m teleporting us back home so I can get changed before we go to dinner.” Gesturing with his left hand, he created a portal made of pure darkness, and they both stepped through.

“Interesting,” a male voice spoke aloud, stepping out from the shadows of the alleyway from which he had stood watching. “Two magic users. Very interesting indeed.” The man chuckled softly. “I might just have a use for them,” he added before slinking back into the shadows once more...

* * *

“So... what do you think?” Katie Frasier asked, spinning around in a circle before her audience.

“Hmm... definitely cute,” Sioban MacMillan remarked, idly stroking her chin with a finger. “Not sure if I agree with the costume choice itself, but hey, you do make a really cute cowgirl.”

The blonde heroine was dressed up in a form-fitting, custom-fit, pink and white cowgirl outfit, complete with a ten-gallon hat, matching boots with spurs, and a bright pink holster with a plastic gun. Her long blonde hair was tied in a neat and simple ponytail, and her belt even held a lasso coiled at the side. In short, she closely resembled an adult-sized Barbie Rodeo doll rather than an actual cowgirl, but the costume definitely fit with her usual style.

Katie giggled. “Thanks! You look pretty damn hot yourself, Bonbon,” she commented, looking the sexy scarlet-haired beauty up and down. “But, of course, I’m naturally biased.”

Sioban had likewise gone with her usual color choice of green, dressing up in a female Robin Hood costume, complete with the feathered cap, knee-length leather boots, and an actual bow and quiver strapped to her back. A forest green domino mask completed the look, and contrasting with her bright red hair, and deep sexy curves, she cut quite a striking figure. Blushing slightly at the compliment from her girlfriend, she shook her head.

“Yes, deeply biased,” she admitted, leaning forward to kiss Katie deeply on the lips. “But seeing as you’re my girlfriend, I guess that’s to be expected.” She glanced around, a slight frown on her lovely lips. “Where’s Tawnya? Isn’t she ready yet?”

Katie sighed. “Yeah, about that... she decided that she didn’t want to go Trick-or-Treating with us,” she stated. “She said, and I quote: ‘I’m too damn old to go around dressing up like a kid on Halloween. You guys feel free to dress up when you take the kids out tonight. I’ll just stay home and study for next week’s exam.’”

Bonnie sighed heavily, shaking her head. “Heh. It figures. I guess she IS at that awkward age... too old to be a kid, but still too young to technically be considered an adult. She’s still got a few weeks left before her twenty-first birthday—she can’t even legally drink yet.”

“Yeah, well, she’s not missing much there,” Katie remarked, sliding her gun from its holster, and twirling it idly around her finger. “But I don’t see what the big deal is about dressing up for Halloween. I mean... it’s fun!” she said, quick-drawing, pointing her gun at Sioban, who giggled and threw her hands up. “See? Just nice and innocent fun. You don’t have to be a kid to have fun. Heck, my mom and dad always dressed up for Halloween just to give out candy to the kids that would stop by our house.” She blew lightly on the gun barrel and slid it seamlessly back into its holster. “Besides, we’re all heroes,” she pointed out. “We dress up in costume every day!”

“Maybe that’s the problem,” Sioban replied with a shrug. “Maybe the fact that we do it all the time is why she wants to take a break a bit of a break on Halloween. Either way... I’m not going to push her on this. If she wants to stay in and study, it’s fine with me.” She gave Katie a shy smile. “It gives us more time alone, anyway—”

“HEY! HEY! S’bon! Miss Katie!” a young male voice shouted just before opening the door and peering inside. “Are you guys ready yet? Me an’ Lucy have been ready to go since forever!”

Bonnie chuckled. “Did I say ‘alone’?” she replied ruefully. “I meant, you and me, and a couple of hyperactive pre-teens.” Sighing dramatically, she and Katie walked out to greet the pair. Robbie Grimalde was dressed up in a bright and flashy superhero costume, a bright red and yellow full-body leotard with matching cowl and boots. He also wore a utility belt around his waist, though in this case, the contents were filled with candy instead of hi-tech gadgets. His partner, Lucy Albinn, was dressed in a white ninja costume, with a simple scarlet bandana and black domino mask instead of the usual face-covering balaclava. And the sword strapped to her back was a plastic replica. And, of course, both kids carried large plastic bags ready to be filled with sweet candy treats.

“So, are you guys ready to head out?” Katie asked, grinning widely, nearly as excited as the kids herself. “I took the liberty of Mapquesting the entire area, and Darryl is set to drive us out to the neighborhood with the most houses! And, of course, more houses means more candy!”

Sioban chuckled, rolling her eyes. Sometimes it was tough to remember that her beloved girlfriend was so much younger than herself. And other times, like tonight, she seemed even YOUNGER than her twenty-four years of age. “You guys go ahead and head down to the car,” she advised. “I just need to let Patty and Nigel know that we’re heading out... and I wanna check in on Tawnya before we go.” Nodding, Katie led the two kids down to the garage.

After paying the Governor and her husband a quick visit, she dropped by Tawnya’s room to check up on her partner. As expected, the sexy dark-skinned diva was lounging on her bed, nose buried deep in a book, with her headphones blasting out music so loud that Sioban could hear it from across the room. Geez... I’d lecture her on the fact that she’ll likely be deaf by the time she’s thirty, except that she’ll just retort that one of the benefits of being a Tearbearer is her healing factor repairing any damage as it happens. Shaking her head, she tapped the taller girl idly on the shoulder. Spotting her friend and lover, Tawnya slid down her headphones.

“Hey, s’up? You and the gang heading out?”

Bonnie nodded. “Yeah, T, just about to go now. I just wanted to check up on you and make sure you’re doing okay. You... ARE doing okay, right?”

Tawnya sighed softly, nodding. “Yeah... I’m fine. I just... meh,” she said, shrugging. “It’s not a big deal okay? It’s just... really the last time I went Trick or Treating was with my folks, yanno?” Sioban stiffened, then sighed, nodding in sympathy. “It’s really okay, Bonbon,” she stated, forcing a small smile. “After surrendering to Master’s brainwashing and becoming part of the harem, I never had a chance to fully mourn the loss of my own family. But now, I’ve had enough time to process things. I’ve come to terms with everything that happened. And... overall, I think I’m better off for it.” She sighed again. “Still, there are some things that just... hit me kind of hard, yanno, just out of the blue...”

“I understand, T,” Bonnie said softly, leaning down to hug her partner. “And look... Katie and Darryl can handle the kids. If you want, I can stay here with you, and—”

But Tawnya shook her head. “Nah. Trust me, Bon-bon, I’m FINE! Really. I’m just a bit moody, is all. I’ll be over it by the time you guys get back, and I’m pretty sure helping you guys devour a mountain of sugary snacks will definitely improve my mood! Now... get going!” she chuckled, reaching out to slap the shorter redhead lightly on her ass. Sioban yelped, turning back around to glare at the giggling girl.

“Hey now! That kind of abuse will NOT get you chocolates, young lady,” she exclaimed in mock outrage, trying hard to keep a straight face. Finally, giving in, she laughed, shaking her head. “Okay, okay... as long as you’re sure you’re okay, I’ll be going. And don’t worry, I remember—Kit Kats, Snickers, and Skittles.”

“Kit Kats, Snickers, and Skittles,” Tawnya repeated back, grinning. “Damn, girl, you know me so well!” She picked up her book again. “Have a good time out there,” she cheered as Sioban headed out. Sighing softly, she lay back on the bed, idly kicking her bare feet as she flipped through page after page. In truth, it was more of a refresher course than actual studying. She knew the material pretty damn well, but during her years as Nigel’s obedient slave, her mantra of ‘straight A’s or bust!’ had become so deeply ingrained into her psyche that she didn’t simply want to pass her exam, she wanted to ace it.

She’d been studying for another half hour or so, nearly completing the chapter, when a soft knock at the door caught her attention. Glancing up, she smiled at the rather sheepish expression on her fellow harem slave’s face. “Constance? Ya need something?” she asked, sitting up. “Don’t be shy! Please, come on in,” she greeted her, patting the bed.

“Um, yeah, thank you,” the young Asian secretary replied, stepping into the room. Connie Yamanohana was dressed impeccably as always, even when off duty. The short sexy woman was dressed in a tight, form-fitting black evening gown, with golden inlays, and matching black pumps. Her glasses hung from a small chain around her neck, and her long dark hair was down and loose for a change. Her expression, however, seemed somewhat pensive, far from her usual calm and serene demeanor.

“Um, Constance? You okay? Is something wrong?”

“Yes... er, I mean, no... nothing’s wrong,” she said, before sighing deeply. “Well, considering how our lives have been lately, nothing that is ‘WRONG’ wrong,” she amended. “But yes... actually, I, uh... made a mistake,” she said, blushing heatedly. “The last time I was back in the River City office, I left a very important folder there at the office, on my desk. And Nigel will be needing it for a very important meeting in the morning.” She bit her lip. “Tawnya... I know this is asking a lot. And it’s a really big imposition... but could you please—”

“Use my Tearbearer powers and teleport myself back to River City and pick up the file for you?” Tawnya replied with a smirk. “Hon, it’s not a problem! You’re family, after all—slave sisters for the win, right?” she grinned. “I’d be happy to do it for you. But,” she added, thinking for a moment. “In return, could you do a little something for me?”

“Of course! Anything!” Connie replied, gratefully. “Anything at all, Tawnya! You name it! I’ll...” she said, her smile fading as her psychic talent kicked in, showing the thoughts centermost in Tawnya’s mind. “Ohhhh... oh, god,” she murmured softly, hanging her head.

“Hey, you said ‘anything’,” Tawnya reminded her gently, Rising from the bed, she pulled the much shorter girl into a warm embrace. “Let me be clear, sweetie. It’s not a demand or anything. Whether you do it or not, I’ll gladly go retrieve the file for you. One thing has nothing to do with the other.” She kissed her gently, lovingly. “I just… I want this whole... thing... between you and Katie to be resolved, that’s all. Katie’s trying so hard to make up with you, to try and get things back the way it used to be.” She pulled back to look Constance in the eye. “And I’m no psychic, but I know you feel the same way. You WANT to be friends with her again, to finally let go of your mistrust and be close again. I know you do...”

Connie sighed, nodding as well. “Yeah. I really do, T. More than anything. And I’ve been trying! I really have! I know, it’s stupid and pointless... but I can’t help what I feel, dammit!” she said in frustration. “It’s one thing to KNOW something, but another to FEEL it. Katie hurt me. She betrayed me, and made me betray Nigel, and Patty, and all of you.” She held up a hand. “I know, I know... it wasn’t ‘Katie’ that did it, it was that stupid ink blot inside her controlling her. But knowing that doesn’t erase the hurt in my heart! Knowing that someone made her do that doesn’t make the bad feelings just... go away—”

Constance’s complaint was cut off as Tawnya kissed her again, and she sighed, melting into the younger girl, the love and understanding she felt pouring into her through the contact. Smiling sadly, Tawnya withdrew. “I know, sweetie. And I understand. I’m just saying... please... please keep trying. Don’t give up. I know you two can resolve this one day.” She moved back to her bed, sitting down, slipping on her sneakers. “I love you, Connie. And nothing will ever change that. And I love Katie. And she loves you as well. It’s why she has been trying so hard to be close to you again. Just... try and keep that in mind, okay?”

Connie nodded. “I will, T. I promise.”

“Thanks,” Tawnya remarked, standing up again. “That’s all I wanted. Okay... I’ll see you in a bit when I get back.” With that, she raised her arms slightly, as her raven black angel wings appeared from her back. And with a flash, she disappeared, vanishing from sight.