The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

‘Recall’

(mc, f/f, nc)

DISCLAIMER:

This material is for adults only; it contains explicit sexual imagery and non-consensual relationships. If you are offended by this type of material or you are under legal age in your area, do NOT continue.

SYNOPSIS:

A car accident leaves a handful of slaves in the possession of those who would free them.

* * *

‘Recall’

* * *

cara felt good between her legs.

her eyelids fluttered, then parted. her head felt strange, kind of floaty, a little hurty, but there were really good feelings coming from between her legs and they distracted her from anything else.

she was lying on her back. Right in front of her face was something nice, soft and pink and shaven, glistening with dew.

cara craned her neck and licked it; the body it was part of twitched in response. cara smiled and licked again, then opened her mouth to suck on it.

It felt nice in her mouth and even nicer in her mind; this was what she ought to be doing, and she felt pleased with herself as she swirled her tongue around, licked and probed and tasted. Between her legs the woman whose pussy this was—a very nice pussy—was doing the same to cara.

Everything was the way it should be. she was doing what she was supposed to, she was giving pleasure to the woman who was giving her pleasure, she was enjoying the taste and feel of the pussy in her mouth and was glowing with the pleasure coming from her own pussy as the woman’s expert mouth sucked and teased and sent shivery waves up cara’s spine.

“All right you two, knock it off.”

cara’s mouth came free of the pussy with a pop. she let the back of her head rest on whatever she was lying on, and rolled it to the side.

There was a woman, and a man, standing on the other side of some bars. It was the man who had spoken, and cara paused as she tried to understand if she should obey him. Yes, she should obey; it was irregular that the one to be obeyed was a man, but obedience was primary. she relaxed and watched the woman unlock the cell door.

“Come on, get off of her,” the man said, gesturing, and the thighs around cara’s head flexed and the pussy moved away. The woman stood up, next to whatever cara was lying on. She had a strong back, and a wonderfully sexy ass; her hair was dark brown and not quite shoulder length.

The woman in the white coat was walking towards cara. “So you’re awake,” she said. She was very pretty, with tawny skin and brown almond-shaped eyes behind narrow glasses.

“Yeah,” the man said from beyond the bars, “she just woke up a little while ago. The other one was already, uh, doing her, and she woke up and just went at it.”

The woman with the pretty eyes was considering cara with a small smile. “How are you feeling, then? Pretty good?”

“Yes, i feel pretty good,” cara replied.

The woman blinked and twitched backward. She stared at cara. “Jacob, did you hear that?”

“I sure did,” he replied.

“What- What’s your name, sweetie?” the woman asked cara.

“my name is cara,” cara replied.

The woman mystified look changed into a smile. “It’s nice to meet you, Cara.” She leaned back up and turned around. “Jacob, call the others.”

The woman looked down at cara over her shoulder. Her glasses flashed.

“We’ve got one that talks.”

* * *

The room was cool, and white.

cara sat on a metal chair. They had given her some clothes, grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt with the logo of a clothing retailer. A little while later, they had told her to wear them.

The pretty doctor—someone had called her a doctor—sat on a chair close to cara, facing her. There were four others in the room, three of them men, one of them a pretty woman probably in her early fifties.

cara sat and waited, smiling a little because the women were pretty to look at.

“So, Cara,” the Asian woman—one of the men was Asian too—said, “tell us about yourself.”

“my name is cara,” cara replied. “i am a slave.”

They waited. cara smiled.

“Okay... where are you from, Cara?”

“i don’t know. i live with Mistress.”

“Do you know where you are now?”

“No, i don’t.”

“Do you know how you got here?”

cara shook her head. “No, i don’t know that either.”

“Right. Okay, do you remember where you were before you came here?”

“i was with Mistress.”

“Do you know where that is?”

cara paused to think.

cara had a very good memory. A perfect memory, in fact. she knew this. But she did not own her memory. It was only available to her when she needed it to obey her programming. cara’s memory was like a vast room filled with locked cabinets, and cara did not have the keys.

Only Mistress had the keys.

“i’m sorry,” cara said. “i don’t.”

The woman sighed. The other people in the room looked at each other.

“Cara,” asked the older woman, “do you have a last name?”

“i don’t know,” cara replied.

“Cara,” one of the men said, “do you know who the woman in the cell with you was?”

“i don’t know her name,” cara replied. “But she’s a slave,” she added helpfully.

“How do you know that?”

cara shrugged. “i don’t know. i just know.”

That man opened a manila folder which he had been holding under one arm, and slid out a bunch of large photographs. “Do you know this woman?” he asked, holding one up to show cara a picture of a pretty black woman with a small smile and vacant eyes.

“she’s a slave too,” cara replied. “her name...”

The name was there, but cara hesitated. she was not actually programmed to answer the questions of strangers, or to obey them if doing so might conflict with Mistress’ wishes.

But Mistress owned cara’s mind, owned it completely. cara’s mind did nothing against Mistress’ will; if cara remembered the name, it was because Mistress willed it.

“i remember her name. It’s jasmine.”

The people looked at each other again.

The man took jasmine’s photograph and flipped it to the back of the group. “And this woman?”

A picture of a pretty dark-haired girl with a deep tan.

“she’s a slave too. i don’t know her name though.”

He nodded. “And who,” he asked, flipping to the next picture, “is this?”

It was another woman, pretty but beaten-up. Her eyes were closed and her face was blotchy with bruises.

“she... i don’t...” cara licked her lips. “she is someone i must obey.”

Again, the people looked at each other meaningfully.

cara turned to the pretty woman sitting close to her. “i don’t remember her name,” she confessed quietly.

“It’s okay, Cara,” the woman replied. “You’re doing great.”

cara smiled at her, and waited for more questions.

* * *

The cell she and the other slave were in was large and empty; it had three painted cinderblock walls, and one wall made of bars. On the hallway wall opposite there was a painting of a vase surrounded by fruit. There were no windows.

The other slave smiled at cara, and cara smiled back. The air felt nice; cara had taken off the sweatclothes shortly after she had been brought back to the cell. The room where they had asked her questions was not far, just through the door outside the bars and down the hall.

cara wondered idly, without desire. she wondered where Mistress was, and what She desired cara to do. she wondered where she herself was. she wondered who these people were. she wondered who the other slave sharing this cell was.

None of it had any impetus. cara was a completely obedient slave, and that meant that she could do nothing wrong. she had only to wait and to act as her programming instructed her.

The bunk that she sat on was wide, and attached to the wall along one side. The other slave sat on the other bunk. she was pretty in an athletic way, her abdominals prominent and defined below single-handful breasts, her arms wiry and strong. she had large round shoulders and pretty dark eyes.

cara would enjoy having sex with her again, but she did not feel the impulse to do so now, and apparently neither did the other slave, so they sat quietly on their bunks and smiled at each other.

The door outside the cell opened, admitting a few people.

“Cara?”

The pretty Asian doctor was back, with two of her colleagues. One of them was named Jacob. He took out a key and unlocked the cell door.

“Come with us please, Cara,” the pretty doctor told her.

cara stood up and walked to the cell door. One of her idle musings was why, exactly, she and the other slave were being kept in a cell, rather than a bedroom.

“Cara, could you put your clothes on, please?” the doctor asked.

“Okay.” cara picked the sweat pants and t-shirt up off the floor and slid them on. They felt warm and confining.

she followed the pretty doctor and Jacob to the door; the other man followed her. They passed through the white door with a window in it and into the hall. They walked down the hall, passing the room where they had asked cara questions; as they passed another door with a window in it, cara saw the bars of a cell much like the one she and the other slave were in.

cara felt all the information being filed away into the cabinets in her mind. Later, Mistress would lock them or not as She saw fit.

They passed another door, walked down another hall, and into an elevator.

The elevator had twelve floors. Jacob pressed the button for the bottom floor, labeled ‘LG’. They were apparently on the third floor right now. The doors closed and the elevator descended.

The doors opened to reveal a parking garage; grey concrete walls and round pillars, plastic headlights and automotive paint. The concrete was cold beneath cara’s bare feet.

They walked a short way to an area of the garage with no cars; it had been cordoned off with orange plastic fencing. There was a white van parked near the wall.

“Cara,” asked the pretty doctor, “do you recognize this van?”

cara looked at the van. It had been in an accident, the front end badly crumpled and the windshield blown out. The rear doors were swung open.

“i’m sorry,” cara replied, “but i don’t.”

“That’s okay,” the woman replied. “Come over here.”

They walked to the rear of the van. It was a large van, made for eight or ten people, without windows like a delivery van. In the back, one side was series of seats, their backs against the inside wall of the van.

On the other side, there was a bed, sort of. It had straps for ankles and waist, and at the forward end of the bed was a floor-to-ceiling rack of equipment, a monitor and a collection of electric devices and wires.

“Do you recognize any of this, cara?”

“i...” cara blinked.

In her mind, a cabinet slid open.

“Yes,” she said. “i recognize this.”

The woman gave the men a significant glance.

“Do you remember it?” she asked cara.

“i don’t...” cara stared at the machinery. “i don’t remember it. i know how to use it. i know how it works.”

“But you don’t remember using it? Or having... it used on you?”

cara shook her head. “No, i don’t remember that.”

“Show me,” the pretty woman said.

“Mei-Ling, I don’t...” the man named Jacob interjected, as cara climbed into the back of the van.

“Cara, stop.” Mei-Ling turned to face her colleague. “What?”

“I don’t think we should do this without the others, and without being ready. What if... what if she breaks something?”

“Look at her. What’s she going to break? You think she’s going to sabotage something?”

“No, but...”

“Cara, please go ahead. I’d like you to show me the equipment and to tell me what it does. You don’t need to turn it on, just tell me what is what.”

“Okay.”

cara stooped her way forward, to the seat opposite the equipment. she sat down in it. she examined the equipment for a moment, then turned towards Mei-Ling.

“It doesn’t have any power,” cara stated.

“That’s okay. Just tell us what it does.”

cara nodded. “It programs slaves.”

“How?”

“Hypnosis. This,” cara held aloft a thin plastic rod with an LED tip, “is a hypnotic focus. So is this,” she turned out an armature from which dangled a shiny spherical bauble. “And this, and this...”

cara paused, staring at the several foci dangling over the cot. In her mind, an elegant hand with silver fingernails pulled a card from an open drawer, and showed it to her.

“Once the subject is in a trance state,” cara stated, her gaze unfocused, “the operator deepens the trance with audio and visual stimuli. This station...” she paused to lick her lips, “...this station is not for will-breaking. This is only for reinforcement or reprogramming of already obedient slaves. New slaves should be taken to a... taken...”

cara frowned, then gestured at the computer. “Once the subject has entered a state of sufficient receptivity, the operator will run a programming routine. The routine will have been pre-designed for the subject. The operator will monitor the subject using the monitoring apparatus,” cara pointed at a shelf of wires and pads without looking at them, “to ensure that the subject’s mind is always in the desired state at every phase of programming.”

cara stopped speaking. The light from the silver bauble glinted in her unfocused eyes.

“Cara?”

cara shook her head, then rotated in the seat, blinking. “Is that what you wanted, doctor? i don’t... i don’t think i know any more.”

“That’s just fine, Cara. Why don’t you come on out of there now?”

“Yes, doctor.”

* * *

Later, other people came to speak with cara.

she had no idea how much time had passed; the lights in the cell were dim some of the time, which was probably at night, but it certainly did not have to be. The cell had no windows. cara and the other slave slept when they felt tired.

The other slave was asleep when the new group of men came; they were all men, and cara did not recognize any of them. They took cara to the small room and asked her the same questions over and over again.

Who was she? Where was she from? How did she get here?

cara did not remember, and told them so.

They asked about her mother; cara did not remember her mother, although she understood that she must have had one. They asked about her childhood, but cara did not remember that either.

All of that information was locked in the cabinets in cara’s mind, but cara did not tell them that.

They asked how she had become a slave; cara did not remember that, although she was glad it happened.

They asked her about Mistress.

“Mistress is Mistress,” cara would explain, patiently.

What did She look like? How tall was She? What was Her name?

“Mistress is Mistress,” cara replied.

They were asking cara about Mistress—where did She live, what color was Her skin—when the door flew open.

“What the Hell is going on here?” the pretty doctor named Mei-Ling demanded.

One of the men in the room turned from cara and stepped forward, moving so close to her that Mei-Ling was forced to look up at him. “Doctor Xu,” he started to say.

“Back off,” she replied, putting a hand on his chest. “What do you think you’re doing with my patient?”

“She is not your patient, Doctor Xu. She is ours. You have been allowed access to her but don’t make the mistake of thinking that you have any right to be here.”

She stepped around the man, obviously fuming. “Really. And what have you learned with your Gestapo tactics that I haven’t already told you?”

“Doctor Xu, you should calm down,” one of the other men said.

cara watched as the pretty Asian doctor closed her eyes and regained her composure.

“So,” Dr. Xu said. “What have you learned? Anything?”

“You’ll get a copy of the report,” yet another man said. “Cara, stand up. It’s time to go back to your cell.”

cara remained seated, and looked from the man to Dr. Xu, and then back again. Slowly, she rose to her feet.

They led her out, Dr. Xu remaining in the questioning room.

The other slave was awake and sitting on her bunk as cara walked back into the cell. cara smiled at her, and she smiled back. Behind her, cara heard the cell door being locked.

Instead of walking to her own bunk, cara walked towards the other slave. she did not know the reason for the slave’s continued silence, but cara knew that she must be obeying her own programming, and that was good.

The other slave tilted her head as cara walked up to her, her dark eyes curious but undemanding. she was very pretty, her body a sculpture of hard curves, her face broad with a strong jaw and a small nose.

cara sat down in her lap.

her lips were soft and swiftly-parting; cara’s hands stroked her strong back, enjoying the smooth skin over the hard muscle. she savored the kissing, the feel of the slave’s tongue in her mouth, the lips which squeezed and then came open, the deep dark obedience in her eyes.

cara would be the guide, this time; she broke the kiss and turned out of her sitting position, placing her knees on the bunk on either side of the slave’s body. The other slave kissed her chest, suckling on a nipple, licking her cleavage; cara took hold of her shoulders and lowered her, turned her, until she was on her back, her hands on cara’s chest as cara straddled her.

cara lowered herself for more kissing, pressing flesh to flesh, feeling the strong slave’s body with her own softer one, tasting deep inside her mouth. she undulated slowly, slightly, keeping her own body moving against her lover’s, slipping a hand between them and between their legs, sliding fingers across a slave-smooth mons and between wet lips.

her lover moaned, and cara slid down her, trailing a hand as her face kissed its way down those strong, strong abs, then licked that smooth mons, and her mouth opened to engulf the eager sex below.

cara’s hands kept moving, sliding, tweaking, as her mouth worked the other slave’s sex. she felt the slave’s building orgasm, broke away from her pussy to lick her inner thighs, banking the heat, then returned to her sex to drive it higher.

cara realized why she needed this now. Mistress. In the question room, each time she had invoked Mistress, each question she answered with “Mistress is Mistress”, cara had been spiking her own need. Mistress was Mistress; thought of Her was pleasure.

cara was full of pleasure.

The other slave came, bucking and wetting cara’s tongue, her fingers laced with cara’s own. cara pulled off her pussy, sliding upwards again, covering the slave’s body with her own, and the slave gripped her tightly as they kissed.

It was a long kiss, many kisses, as the slave regained her breath and tasted her sex on cara’s mouth, and then cara moved again, sliding upward, rising, the other slave tasting her breasts again, licking her belly, sucking her way across cara’s mons as cara raised herself, then latching onto cara’s sex with a hungry and grateful mouth.

cara leaned back on her hands, spread her knees a little more, and moaned.

* * *

cara and the other slave waited. Food was brought in to them, but there were no other visitors that day.

Jacob came, after two more periods of dim lights. He came alone, and took the other slave away. cara watched her leave with admiring eyes. The other slave had begun exercising in the cell, push-ups and sit-ups and other exercises.

cara felt no compulsion to join her, so she did not, just admired the way the other slave’s muscles flexed and slackened, the way the hard overhead light shone off her sweat.

Jacob returned with the other slave a while later. her hair was wet, and cara deduced immediately where she had been. He told cara to come with him and cara obeyed.

The shower was warm and delicious; cara used the shampoo and the conditioner and the soap. she had no need for a razor. It took only a few minutes to become clean, but the water felt so nice that cara simply waited for Jacob to tell her that she must return to the cell, enjoying the wet heat on her neck and shoulders, the clean feel of it on her face.

After she was clean, however, and dried off with a flat and rather threadbare towel, Jacob did not return her to the cell. Instead, they took the elevator up to the eighth floor.

It was not the antiseptic white of the lower level. The walls here had wallpaper and wooden wainscoting, and paintings hung on them. There were plants in pots, and open office doors revealing desks and bookcases and windows. It was dark outside.

All of it streamed into the cabinets of cara’s memory.

Jacob stopped at an open door. “Here she is,” he said, and cara walked nude into the office. As she expected, Dr. Xu sat behind a desk.

“Cara,” she said. “Please sit down.”

cara sat down on a cloth-upholstered chair. she smiled at Dr. Xu.

“Cara,” Dr. Xu said, “I want to try something new. I’m going to tell you a bit about what we know, and I want you to tell me if any of it helps you remember anything.”

“Okay,” cara replied.

“You don’t remember how you got here, correct?”

“That’s right, doctor.”

“Well, I shall tell you. You were found in that white van, Cara. There was a traffic accident; a car hit a pole and the pole hit the van you were in. It killed the driver, and the van ran into a brick wall. Do you remember any of that, Cara?”

“i’m sorry, doctor, i don’t remember that.”

“Do you remember the pictures that Dr. Clarke showed you?”

“Yes, doctor.”

“Those women, and the woman in the cell with you, were all in the back of the van. When the police opened up the van, you were all sitting in the back, naked, doing nothing.”

cara smiled and waited for a question.

Dr. Xu sighed. “Eventually you wound up here. There are... rumors, of operations that kidnap and brainwash women. Sell them as sex slaves, on the black market. I’ve been trying to uncover them for a long time. You were... you are my best lead so far.” She looked plaintive. “Does any of this ring any bells?”

“i’m sorry, doctor,” cara replied. “i don’t know about any of that.”

“Cara, you’ve been brainwashed. All four of you have been. You don’t even remember your parents, your real names.”

“cara is my real name. It is the name my Mistress gave me.”

“Cara, do you remember the other woman whose picture we showed you? The one you must obey?”

“Yes.”

“She’s dead, cara. She died in the car crash. She was sitting at that machine, without a seat belt on.” Dr. Xu slid her glasses up her nose. “Was she your Mistress?”

“Oh no,” cara replied. “she was just another slave. she was set over us because she had limited volition; she could use her initiative to serve Mistress. The rest of us have no will at all; we can merely obey our programming.”

Dr. Xu raised her eyebrows, and shared a look with Jacob.

“Cara, how many of you are there? How many slaves?”

cara smiled. “There are many slaves, Doctor Xu.”

“Why didn’t... why didn’t you mention that before? About the other slave being... being what she was?”

“i did not remember it before, Doctor Xu.”

Dr. Xu looked at her colleague again. She looked back at cara.

“Cara, I’m going to have Doctor Mainz escort you back to the cell, okay? We have some things to talk about.”

“Okay, Doctor Xu.” cara stood up. “i am happy to obey.”

* * *

“Cara? Cara, wake up.”

cara awoke. she was sleeping with the other slave, cara’s back to her belly, skin warm against skin. she looked up to see Dr. Xu a few feet away, looking down at her.

“Yes, Doctor Xu,” cara said, sliding from the other slave’s somnolent embrace and standing up. “How may i obey you?”

“Don’t... just come with me, please, Cara.”

“Yes, doctor.”

cara padded barefoot after the doctor. Again, they did not go to the questioning room, but walked down the hall and rode the elevator to the eighth floor.

It was night again, or still.

“Cara,” Dr. Xu asked, once they were in her office. “Why won’t the other women talk to us?”

cara shrugged. “i don’t know that, doctor. They must be programmed not to.”

“And you aren’t?”

“Obviously not.”

“But why?”

cara just looked at Dr. Xu blankly. She was very pretty, with just a dusting of freckles under her eyes, and long black hair that would be gorgeous pinned up. Her glasses advertised her intelligence in the sexiest of ways.

“Cara, when we found you... when the police found you, you were on the hypnosis bed. Strapped down. Did you know that?”

“No, doctor.”

“Do you think... do you think that, perhaps, they were not finished with you? Not finished programming you?”

“i don’t know, doctor.”

“Perhaps that’s why you can still speak to us. Because they hadn’t finished with you.”

“i don’t know, doctor.”

“That’s my hope, Cara. We need to get into your mind, need to get to your memories. I need to find out where you were held. Where they took...”

“Where they took who, doctor?”

Dr. Xu shook her head. “Never mind. Cara, we’ve tried a lot of things. The agency whose building this is... they’ve used sodium thiopental, they’ve tried hypnosis... not on you, but on other girls. None of it works. Whatever the slavers do to you, it’s stronger than what we can do.”

“That’s good, doctor. i am supposed to be a slave.”

Xu shook her head. “Cara... Cara, do you think that if we, if I, used the equipment on that van—used it on you—that I could undo some of the blocks they’ve put in your mind? That I could... unbrainwash you?”

cara blinked. “i don’t know, doctor. Maybe. i... please don’t, though. i am supposed to be a slave.”

Dr. Xu was rubbing her eyes. “Okay, Cara. I’m sorry. I’m tired. Let’s just take you back to bed.”

“Okay, doctor.”

* * *

The men came again, and this time they had needles.

cara remembered what the doctor had said. Sodium thiopental. Maybe it was that, maybe it wasn’t. Whatever it was, it made her dizzy, and sleepy, and her mouth was working even though she wasn’t really telling it to.

she could hear it, though, and what it was saying made her happy.

“i’m sorry i don’t know that.”

“i’m sorry i don’t remember.”

“Mistress is Mistress, and i am her slave.”

cara had no idea how long this lasted, but it seemed like a very long time.

They carried her back to the cell, because she wasn’t able to stand up. They laid her on the bunk and walked away; the ceiling was blurry and kept moving, and her arm hurt.

The blur changed color and cara realized that the other slave had come over, was crawling on top of her. cara murmured happily as the slave laid down on top of her. They kissed a little, but mostly cara just savored the contact, the warmth and strength of the other slave’s skin against her own.

* * *

Dr. Xu watched cara while she ate.

The food was from Boston Market, half a chicken with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. Dr. Xu had asked cara if she had eaten chicken before; cara did not remember eating chicken but it seemed familiar. she had no idea what she’d eaten before being here, though obviously there had been something.

she did not finish the entire plate. A thought that was not even a voice observed that she had eaten enough, and cara put down her utensils and smiled. That was how her programming worked; she just knew.

“Are you finished?” Dr. Xu asked.

“Yes, doctor.”

“Do you want anything else?”

“No, doctor.”

Dr. Xu took cara to the bathroom, where cara washed her hands, used the toilet, and washed her hands again. Then it was back to the cell.

On the way there, Dr. Xu seemed uncomfortable. When they reached the doorway to the hallway, she stopped and put a hand on cara’s arm.

“Cara,” she said. “Cara, they... Cara, they’re going to take you away from here.”

“Okay,” cara replied.

“Cara, I don’t know where they’re going to take you. Word has gotten to me that all four of you are to be moved somewhere else.”

“Does that bother you, doctor?” cara asked.

“I... Cara, I don’t think that they’re planning to help you. It’s hard to get information from them but I think they are just going to lock you up, maybe not even study you. They don’t... they don’t think anything can be done to free you.”

“Nothing can be done to free me, doctor. i am a slave, and i will always be a slave. Mistress created me.”

Cr. Xu pinched the bridge of her nose, pushing up her glasses. “No, Cara, you—you’re different. You’re the only one who’s ever talked to us. They had you strapped down in that bed—Cara, they were still working on you. You’re not that far gone.”

“i’m sorry, doctor, but i am that far gone. i am a slave. i embrace being a slave. There is no... free woman in my mind. i’m sorry, doctor, i can’t help you. i can’t help her.”

Dr. Xu gave cara a startled look.

“Help who?” she asked.

“whoever it is you are missing. But i promise, doctor, whoever they were, if Mistress took them they are a slave now, and happy.”

There was a wrinkle of pain on her forehead, then Dr. Xu forced a smile. “I know you’re trying to be kind, Cara. Thank you.”

She removed her hand from cara’s arm. “It’s time you were back in your cell.”

* * *

In cara’s dreams she was always on her knees.

She had not described Mistress to the men who asked about Her, but that was not because she did not know what Mistress looked like. Mistress was her Art—in her soul, in her dreams, cara composed epics of Mistress’ power, filled rooms with images of Her beauty, sang of Her and carved Her likeness and worshipped Her perfection.

cara knew just what Mistress looked like, in all moods and all lights, day or night, knew the timbre of Her voice and the smell of Her skin.

she dreamt of Mistress, and Mistress was wearing high boots, and cara kissed the pointed toes of them, and Mistress’ smile upon her was the warmth of the sun...

Then Mistress was hissing at her, and cara was puzzled, and looked upon Her face and tried to understand what She wanted of Her loyal slave...

“Cara! Wake up!”

cara’s eyes snapped open. It was not Mistress hissing at her, it was Dr. Xu.

“Yes, doctor?” she asked.

“Cara, get up and come with me.”

It was a dark time in the cell; cara and the other slave were sleeping together, cara against the wall, her breasts and belly on the other slave’s back.

The other slave was awake, and slid over so that cara could get around her to stand. cara walked to the open cell door, Dr. Xu already waiting for her there.

It was dark in the corridor as well, and cara squinted when the elevator door opened. Rather than take them up to her office, Dr. Xu hit the button for the garage.

“The machine will need power,” cara said. “The van was damaged. Does it still run?”

“I’ve run out some extension cords,” Dr. Xu replied.

“Oh,” cara said.

The doors opened and they stepped out into the garage. It was fully lit but only a half dozen cars were in it. Dr. Xu led her to the van, still in the place where cara had seen it before.

Dr. Xu opened the back and climbed in, motioning for cara to follow. cara did so. “Close the doors,” Dr. Xu said, and cara obeyed.

They were together in the stillness of the van. Dr. Xu smelled nice.

“Okay, Cara,” she said, seating herself opposite the machine. “How do I make this work?”

cara sat down on the cot. “First you turn it on... here,” she said, bending down to touch a switch, “and here,” she touched another, “and here.” The machine hummed to life, the monitor expanding from a dot of pure light to a display, numbers and graphs and cryptic abbreviations.

“What do you want to do with it, doctor?” cara asked.

Dr. Xu was fascinated by the display. The white characters and lines reflected off of her glasses and the wide eyes behind them. “I want...” she said, “I want to use it to put you into trance. To open your mind so that I can find the answers that are still there.”

cara hesitated. she felt that she should not abet Dr. Xu in trying to undo even a small part of her slavery, but she also had a deep need to obey, particularly to obey pretty women.

And cara’s slavery was strong. Dr. Xu could do nothing against what Mistress had done to cara’s mind.

cara nodded. “okay, doctor.” she reached for the black wand, resting on a metal shelf. With her other hand, cara slid out a keyboard tray.

Dr. Xu looked at the keyboard in surprise. “It... it doesn’t have any markings.”

All of the keys were, indeed, blank; the keyboard was a blank beige grid, perfectly symmetrical.

“Its user must be programmed to use it,” cara said.

“Do you remember how to use it?”

“i do.”

Dr. Xu nodded.

cara tapped a short sequence of keys, and the light at the end of the thin black wand incandesced, swiftly becoming a single bright point. cara tapped another sequence, and it began to pulse.

“This will be my hypnotic focus,” cara said. From a short bar on the side of the machine, she took a pair of metallic headphones. “These will feed me a pre-recorded hypnotic induction mantra.”

Dr. Xu was staring at the light; her eyes flicked to cara. “How fast will this work?”

“i don’t know,” cara replied. “i do not remember being in trance. But it should work quickly; i have no resistance to hypnosis, especially this particular hypnosis. i have been primed to submit to this.”

Dr. Xu nodded.

In cara’s mind, the hand with the silver nails held up another card.

“You will need to monitor my trance,” cara told Dr. Xu. she lifted a second set of headphones, soft black leather ones. “These will inform you of the induction process, but they have been stripped of the hypnotic elements. You must monitor the timing of the pulses, and compare it to my brainwaves on the monitor. Only when all the lines and the pulses and the tones are in synch will i be in a complete trance. That is when my mind will be totally open and receptive.”

“Okay. And how do I get you out of trance?”

cara held up a finger. “You must be careful, doctor. The strobe alone is powerfully hypnotic; it is important to watch it, but avoid staring at it for more than a few seconds at a time. Keep your gaze moving from it to the monitor and back. That should keep you from also getting hypnotized. The machine is not programmed to have any effect on its operator, but if you lapse into even a light trance, we might both be here for hours.”

“I understand. And to get you out of trance?”

cara smiled. “A finger snap should work. You should probably turn off the machines first, or they would simply snare my mind again.”

“There won’t be any problems taking you out of a deep trance so suddenly?”

“i don’t... think so,” cara answered. “i think that i have spent so much time hypnotized that my mind is always prepared to enter or exit trance. i don’t know any of the code phrases which might put me into a trance quickly,” she added. “i am sorry about that.”

Dr. Xu smiled at her. “That’s okay, Cara. We’ll just try this for a little while and see if it works.”

“Yes, doctor.”

cara was already sitting on the cot; she slid down, away from the doctor, then swung her legs up and lay back.

Looking up, she indicated the sensor pads with her fingers. “You must put the sensors on my body so that you can monitor my trance. Take those, and put them on my temples.”

Dr. Xu picked up the little circles; they were thin white plastic with a tiny sensor bead at the center, to which a thin black wire was attached. “Where?” she asked.

cara reached up and took hold of Dr. Xu’s hands. “Here,” she said, touching either side of her forehead with Dr. Xu’s fingers. She released Dr. Xu’s hands. “But you must adhere the pads—the salve is in that drawer.”

Dr. Xu pulled open the indicated drawer, and withdrew a small round jar. She unscrewed the lid, and smiled slightly at the mild floral smell.

“Just a little, rubbed in, is enough to hold the sensor on” cara said, lying back and relaxing.

Dr. Xu took a small dollop of the jelly-like goop on a fingertip. “Where did you—” she began, but cara had reached up and taken hold of her hand again. cara guided it down to her head, and bent it so the fingertip touched in just the right place.

Dr. Xu gently stroked cara’s head, leaving a small greasy swirl; she then pushed the sensor down on top of it. She did the same for the other sensor.

“Now take the next two sensors and place them on my neck.”

Dr. Xu did so, letting cara guide her hands to the appropriate spot, then gently rubbing on the salve.

“Now the next two, on my breasts.”

cara gently directed Dr. Xu’s hands down to the tips of her breasts, and pushed them down.

Hesitantly, Dr. Xu ran her fingertips around cara’s nipples; they tightened a little at the touch. Dr. Xu applied the sensor pads.

“And those three go on my sex.”

Dr. Xu hesitated, but dipped her fingers into the jar again. cara took hold of the doctor’s hands and brought them down, spread her legs a little and gently pressed Dr. Xu’s hands down in just the right spots, the lips on either side of her vagina and directly atop her clitoris.

Dr. Xu rubbed.

“my sexual response will be registered there,” cara said, pointing at the bottom of the monitor. Already the lines had gone from flat to slightly wiggly, moving.

Dr. Xu was holding the final sensors, looking at cara’s slave-smooth and now slightly greased pussy. “I don’t think—”

“i am only programmed to do this one way, doctor,” cara said quietly but firmly. “If you do not need that information, you may disregard it, but this is the only procedure i know.”

“...okay,” Dr. Xu replied, quietly. She reached down and pushed the pads gently down atop cara’s sex.

“Now,” cara continued, lying back, “you may attach the hypnotic focus to that clip; it will hold it in the center of my vision. You may use the dials there and there to control the rate of pulse. Let it run for fifteen minutes or so before you do that, if it’s even necessary. i should be very receptive to the hypnosis.”

Dr. Xu reached out and attached the wand to the clip. The slowly pulsing light hung out directly above cara’s face.

“Put the earphones on me now, doctor,” cara said softly. The doctor did, and cara’s world filled with quiet whirring and steady tones, tones that her mind began to track almost immediately. They rose and fell and crossed in pitch, but slowly, so slowly, and it was sapping her attention already as her mind irresistibly tried to follow and understand them.

“i am... i can feel...” cara said, and her attention was now on the pulsing light without her even noticing it had settled there; the light pulsed along with the tones in her ears, and the need to understand it, to watch it and understand it pulled at cara’s mind, plucking away thoughtthread after thoughtthread, leaving her almost no mind to think with at all.

“i am becoming... hypnotized...” cara whispered. “doctor you must watch... make me receptive... focus on the pulse... don’t let the light... get you... keep eyes... moving...”

Then there was not enough will left in cara’s mind to speak. she lay there and let her eyes glow in time with the pulsing light, let the soft sounds take control of her thoughts and guide them.

Now and then thin strands of cara coalesced in her soft and open mind. A proficient user of the brainwashing device would not have allowed this, but since cara’s waking mind was totally obedient anyway, it mattered little.

she noticed, without time or concern, that her lips were moving, speaking; that she was aroused, her nipples stiff almost to aching, her pussy wet enough to dampen the cot beneath her. The doctor was speaking, too; between the two of them there was almost a conversation.

cara-mind drifted away.

* * *

snap.

cara blinked. she was looking up at the ceiling of the van; the thin wand was black and unlit.

“Cara?”

cara jiggled her head around, then turned it to look up.

Dr. Xu looked back at her, concern on her face.

“Cara?”

“Doctor? Did it work?”

The doctor smiled. “It worked. I mean, I didn’t find out what happened to... I didn’t find much out. But you went into trance almost immediately, and I figured out how to work the machine, and I got you answering questions. I’m happy.”

cara smiled. “Then i am happy, too.”

“Do you remember any of it?” Dr. Xu asked.

“Not really. The trance took me so quickly; i told you that i was primed to respond to it.”

“You really were. You were in trance so quickly that I got scared.” Dr. Xu smiled ruefully. “I almost called it off. I’m glad I didn’t.”

“Are you finished, doctor? May i sit up?”

“Oh! Of course, cara. Yes, we’re done for now. I need to get you back to your cell. I don’t want...” cara was sitting up on the cot, her feet touching the cool metal floor. Dr. Xu had apparently already removed the sensor pads; light glinted greasily off of cara’s nipples.

Dr. Xu moved off the chair, kneeling in front of cara. She took cara’s hands in her own.

“Cara, I should tell you. This wasn’t an authorized activity. I wasn’t supposed to do this. Are you willing to keep it secret for me?”

cara looked into her pretty dark eyes. “Of course, doctor. i will try. If they ask me with those needles, though... i will try for you, doctor.”

Dr. Xu smiled. “Thank you, Cara. The men with needles won’t be coming back. They’ve already written you off; they don’t think you’ll tell them anything. They didn’t... they don’t have any faith in you.”

“But you do, doctor,” cara replied. “You do.”

“Yes,” Dr. Xu replied. The look on her face was distant. “Yes, I do.”

* * *

cara was doing toe-touches when Dr. Mainz came in.

The desire to exercise had just recently bloomed in her mind. she had probably been too long without; it felt good to do her own sit-ups alongside the other slave. To step up onto the bed, down off, up on, until she was panting and sweaty.

her routine was different than the strong slave’s, of course. The other slave could hold her body erect and upside-down, and did endless push-ups and chin-ups using the cell bars. Sometimes when she stopped, the bare floor beneath her spattered with her perspiration, cara went and licked her off. they both enjoyed that.

cara stood fully extended, arms reaching to the corners of the sky, then bent down and touched the floor on the left with her right hand. Back up to full extension, then down to touch the floor with her other hand.

she saw the doctor, standing outside of the cell, but he just watched her for a while as she exercised.

she had done enough; some part of her mind had doubtless been counting, but those numbers were not accessible to cara. she did not even consider them, just sat down on the floor and prepared for her next exercise.

“Cara,” Dr. Mainz said.

she stopped, and looked at him with a smile.

“Yes, doctor?”

His eyes went to the other slave for a moment; she had been sitting on her bunk, enjoying the sight of cara’s naked body as it flexed. Then he looked at cara again.

“Come with me, please.”

“Yes, doctor.”

He took her to the small questioning room and had her sit in the chair; the metal was cold against her bare ass.

“Cara,” he began. “Cara, I want you to try and tell me why Dr. Xu is so interested in you.”

cara shook her head. “i am not certain, doctor. It must be because i have not been programmed not to speak with you. She told me that i’m the only slave so far like that.”

“Not the only one,” he said, “just the only one she has been able to interview.” He shook his head. “Cara, I want you to do me a favor. Will you do me a favor?”

“i will try, doctor.”

“I want you to stop talking to Dr. Xu.”

cara blinked at him. “i don’t under—”

“Listen to me, Cara. Dr. Xu is... Dr. Xu is wasting a lot of her political capital on you. Do you know what I mean? She’s pulling a lot of strings and exerting a lot of effort to try to keep you around. And it’s going to cost her.”

He sat down. “Cara, you like Dr. Xu, right?”

“Yes, i do, doctor.”

“Cara, you and the other women were supposed to be transferred already. There’s another facility for you—a much nicer one, with real beds and a swimming pool and that sort of thing—that you should already be at. But Dr. Xu... Dr. Xu would not be able to visit you there. And so she’s been doing a lot of... a lot of dumb, self-destructive things to keep you here.”

“What sort of things, doctor?”

He sighed. “Like threatening to go public if she doesn’t get just a few more days. Stupid, dangerous things. Things that, even if she gets her way, would keep her from ever being this close to any of you ever again.”

cara nodded; her eyes were just a touch wider than normal.

“So please, Cara. The rest of us have left; I’m the last to go. Please... tell Mei-Ling that she needs to give up on you. That she will get other chances, unless she keeps acting the way she is now, in which case there will be no more chances. And then stop talking to her. Will you do that for me, Cara?”

cara nodded, slowly.

“i will tell her what you have said, doctor. i will encourage her to give up on me. But i cannot stop talking to her—i am programmed to respond with obedience. If she speaks to me, i must answer.”

He sighed. “Well, just give her the message, then.”

“Yes, doctor. i will.”

He stood up, and held open the door.

* * *

“Cara. Wake up.”

cara opened her eyes. Dr. Xu was in the cell with her, looking down. cara smiled.

“Yes, doctor,” she said, gently lifting the other slave’s arm off of her and placing it down, then rising from the bed.

As they walked in the direction of the elevator, cara spoke. “Doctor Xu, the other doctor—Dr. Mainz—came to see me. He asked me to ask you to give up on me.”

Dr. Xu frowned as she pushed the ‘down’ button.

“He told me that you were wasting all of your ‘political capital’ on me, and that if you persist in doing ‘stupid and dangerous’ things, you will get no more chances to work with any other slaves in the future.”

They boarded the elevator. Dr. Xu did not respond.

cara felt bold. “Doctor? Is he right?”

The doors opened and Dr. Xu led her towards the van.

“He is right,” she said, opening the van’s rear doors without looking at cara. “But it does not matter. You are the only one I need.”

She looked at cara then, and there was a strange look in her eyes. “I am so close with you, cara. So close. They did not manage to screw the lid down quite tightly enough on your mind, and I am so close to prying it off. A few more days—a few more nights—is all I need.”

Dr. Xu turned, climbed into the van, and sat herself down in the hypnotist’s seat. “And then they can all go to hell,” she muttered.

cara climbed into the van.

* * *

cara did not have to remind Dr. Xu how to use the equipment.

she lay back, bemused by Dr. Xu’s behavior but totally without apprehension, and watched as Dr. Xu turned the computer on, swung the hypnotic focus out over cara’s head, and placed the earphones down just next to her on the cot.

Dr. Xu took the sensor pads and adhered them; she salved cara’s forehead, her neck, her nipples. cara watched Dr. Xu’s face as the doctor touched her breasts, saw the slight flush in her cheeks. cara did not look down as she spread her legs, and watched Dr. Xu’s pupils spread as well, just a touch more black in the dark brown of her beautiful eyes.

Dr. Xu’s hands felt nice as they stroked in the adhesive salve.

Then cara was prepared. Dr. Xu lifted her own headphones and put them on, and smiled at cara.

“Are you ready, Cara?”

“Yes, doctor,” cara replied.

The doctor slid cara’s headphones on; she heard the tones and the soft hissing and the complex slow thrumming for only a moment before it began to escape her, the sounds no longer merely sounds but things which needed to be followed and understood. Slowly they disappeared from cara’s conscious mind, leaving no sound but only the awareness that she was listening to something, like the smile of the Cheshire Cat, hanging in her mind.

A hand entered cara’s vision and turned on the wand, and the light caught what remained of cara’s attention and held it, pulsing, and the sounds that she could no longer hear because they were too deep in her mind resonated with the pulses, and cara obediently let the final awareness in her mind soften and drift away.

* * *

cara’s eyes opened.

There was a strobe light above her, in the center of her field of view. cara was careful to avoid disturbing it as she turned and sat up.

There were wires running to sensors on her head, neck, breasts and sex, but they would not interfere. Nor would the headphones she wore.

The subject sat next to cara, her pretty Asian eyes slowly migrating from the pulsing strobe to the computer screen and back. They would alight on the strobe, watch it pulse, drift to the screen, watch it pulse, and drift back, in perfect syncopation with the pulses.

cara reached out, beneath the line of the subject’s sight, and tapped several keys on the dull brown keyboard.

she watched the subject’s eye motion slow but not stop. Patiently, cara waited. When the subject’s breathing and eye motion were correct, cara spoke.

“What is your name?” she asked quietly.

“My name is Mei-Ling Crystal Xu,” the subject replied.

“Mei-Ling Xu,” cara said, “you are deep in trance. You feel safe and comfortable, deeply asleep and completely at peace. You hear my voice and it is the voice of your own thoughts.”

“The voice of my own thoughts,” the subject echoed.

“Mei-Ling Xu, you are in charge of a woman known to you as cara. Think about this woman. Now, tell me your thoughts about cara.”

“Cara is a slave of the ‘Mistress’. I think she was only recently made a slave; I would like to use her to find out where the ‘Mistress’ lives, and hopefully to track down my sister. Cara has been very helpful and I think she is, underneath the slaver, a nice person. She is very pretty.”

“Good, Mei-Ling. All those thoughts are correct. You believe in them more deeply now. You know they are right. cara was only recently made into a slave. she will help you learn about the Mistress. she will help you find your sister.”

cara watched the eyes of the subject; she was responding perfectly. The screen would pulse and she would obediently turn her focus to the light. The light would pulse and she would obediently turn her focus back to the screen.

“Mei-Ling Xu, listen to me and believe. You trust cara. You know that cara would never do anything to hurt you. You would trust her with your life. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” the subject replied. “I would trust Cara with my life.”

“You know that you are right about cara. You are learning a lot of valuable information from her; you must keep bringing her to the van in secret, so that you can hypnotize her and learn.”

“Hypnotize and learn,” the subject echoed.

cara waited. New programming awoke. “Mei-Ling Xu, you are also becoming attracted to cara. You think she is very pretty, and you think you might like to have sex with her. Do you understand these thoughts, Mei-Ling Xu?”

“Yes. I am becoming attracted to Cara. I might like to have sex with her.”

“Good. What are your thoughts about your attraction to cara, Mei-Ling Xu?”

“My attraction to Cara is... strange. I am not... did not think I was gay.”

cara nodded. That was expected, but part of the core slave programming installing itself in the subject was altering her sexual orientation. The subject had not been homosexual when acquired, but her mind was already altered enough to accept her new desire for cara.

“You are no longer certain of your sexual orientation, Mei-Ling Xu. You might be a lesbian; you do not know any more. You know that you are sexually attracted to cara. This does not worry you. You find it new and exciting, but it does not worry you at all. Do you understand?”

“Yes. My sexual attraction to Cara does not worry me. I find it new and exciting.”

“Very good, Mei-Ling Xu. You will return to your deep trance now, but you will remember; you trust cara with your life. You know that cara will help you. You must bring her here again as soon as you can do so secretly. You know that you are learning a lot of important things and you believe that the very next time you hypnotize cara, you will probably learn where your sister is. Do you understand all this, Mei-Ling Xu?”

“Yes,” the subject replied.

“Do you believe all that i have told you?”

“Yes...” Mei-Ling whispered. Her eyes kept sliding along the perfect track between the light and the screen.

“Good. Now you will lapse deeper into trance, Mei-Ling Xu, and learn more things which you will accept and believe.”

cara turned and tapped several of the unmarked keys on the keyboard. she retracted her arm, and watched patiently as the subject’s eyes fluttered, and finally closed.

Then cara sat back and swiveled her legs up onto the cot. she looked at the pulsing light above her head, felt her body relax, and opened her mind.

* * *

snap.

cara blinked and saw the ceiling of the van. As her eyes refocused, she saw the hypnotic focus wand, now black and still.

“Cara?”

she rolled her eyes to see Dr. Xu sitting in the hypnotist’s seat.

“Yes, doctor. I am awake.”

Dr. Xu smiled. “Okay then, Cara, hold still while I take off the sensors.”

Holding still was easy; cara watched as Dr. Xu gently pulled the plastic pads from her body.

“Let me clean you off,” Dr. Xu said, and reached down with a paper towel. cara spread her legs as much as the cot would allow as Dr. Xu rubbed the grease from her sex.

“How do you feel, cara?” Dr. Xu asked.

“i feel good, doctor. Your touch is arousing me. Would you like to have sex?”

Dr. Xu blinked, then took her hand from cara’s pussy. “Oh! I, uh, I’m sorry, Cara. I didn’t mean...” She smiled. “I... thanks, Cara. I’m flattered by the offer. It wouldn’t be appropriate, though.”

“Okay, doctor,” cara replied, a little disappointed. The doctor was very pretty.

They both looked at cara’s nipples.

“i can—”

“I’ll do it,” the doctor said. Slowly, she pulled the sensors off of cara’s nipples; the plastic clung for a moment then popped off. cara’s nipples were erect beneath, glistening and straining for Dr. Xu’s hand.

Dr. Xu smiled at cara as she wiped them off with a fresh paper towel.

cara smiled back.

* * *

cara was being carried around the cell.

she had been watching the other slave exercise, idly counting the crunches as they approached two hundred, enjoying the texture of the slave’s belly skin. The other slave finished and approached cara. she indicated that cara should stand up; cara obeyed. she then knelt down and indicated that cara should sit on her shoulders.

cara did so, and the other slave took hold of her legs and carefully and slowly stood up. cara realized that now she was part of the other slave’s exercise routine, which pleased her.

The other slave lowered herself again, then came back erect. She repeated this a few times, her breath coming in strained grunts. cara could feel the trembling from the other slave’s thighs as it ran through her entire body.

Then the other slave began to walk around the room. cara was conscious of the slave’s hair pressing into her pussy. It would be nice if this activity led to the two of them in a very similar position, only with the other slave’s head looking in rather than out.

The corridor door opened and Dr. Xu walked in.

“Cara... oh!” she exclaimed. cara smiled at the doctor as the other slave maintained her steady pace around the room.

“You can tell her to put me down if you want, doctor. she will obey you.”

“I, uh, please put cara down.”

The slave cara was riding stopped her motion, and knelt down. cara stepped off of her.

“How can we obey you, doctor?”

“Um. It’s time for,” Dr. Xu lifted and scanned a clipboard she was holding, “her shower.”

“If it would save you time, doctor, we could both come and shower together. we will not cause any trouble.”

Dr. Xu nodded. “Of course not. That makes sense. Yes. Both of you come with me.”

The slaves waited as Dr. Xu unlocked the cell. They followed her out the door and down the hall to the bathroom.

The shower stall was only large enough for one person. cara would enjoy showering with the other slave, having sex with her in the hot water, but instead she waited as the other slave turned on the shower and stepped in, pulling the curtain closed behind her.

Dr. Xu was admiring cara’s body and trying not very successfully to hide the fact.

cara turned to face her, spreading her legs slightly and standing slight more erect.

“Dr. Xu,” she asked, “i am a slave. my body is property, like that chair or the shower curtain. If it pleases you to look at me, there is no reason for you not to do so.”

Dr. Xu shook her head but did not avert her eyes. “Cara, that’s... you’re not property,” she said weakly.

“i am property. i belong to Mistress, body and mind.”

Dr. Xu reluctantly looked away, at the wet feet of the slave in the shower.

“Doctor,” cara asked, “are you continuing to disregard Dr. Mainz’ advice? Are you doing ‘stupid and dangerous’ things to keep us here?”

Dr. Xu pursed her lips. “Yes,” she admitted.

“Why? We are not the only slaves that you have seen, Dr. Mainz said.”

“He was wrong about that. You are the only slave that I have ever been granted access to who will talk to me. I know there are others but they won’t let anyone near them; they take them away and the slaves disappear. If I were more paranoid, I’d say they were simply using them themselves.”

“But there will be other slaves?”

Dr. Xu looked at her and cara was surprised to see anger. “I’ve been asking to talk with one of you for six years, cara. This time I heard about the accident, read about it in the paper, and I got here too quickly for them to keep me out. I’m not going to wait for six more years.”

“Oh.”

The shower curtain slid open and the other slave, nude and glistening, stepped out. cara walked forward and pressed herself against the wet flesh, kissing, then stepped into the still-running shower.

The water felt marvelous. cara slid her hands down between her legs, touching, then turned and put her face in the stream, running her hands through her hair.

she did not close the shower curtain.

Neither did Dr. Xu.

* * *

“Psst. Cara. Wake up.”

cara opened her eyes. Dr. Xu was leaning over her; the cell was dark. cara smiled.

“Hello Dr. Xu.”

“Get up, Cara,” she commanded.

cara rolled her legs off the bed and stood up.

Dr. Xu had already begun moving to the open cell door. Her face was a touch flushed, eager. “Come on, Cara. We need to get started.”

“Yes, doctor. i obey.”

cara followed her to the elevator. As they rode down, Dr. Xu’s eyes kept flicking to cara’s body, sliding along it, then snapping back to the sequentially illuminating numbers above the door.

“Doctor,” cara ventured. “You seem... excited.”

Dr. Xu smiled. “I am. I have a good feeling about tonight. I think I may get my breakthrough.”

“i will do whatever i can to help you, doctor.”

Dr. Xu put a hand on cara’s arm. “Thank you, Cara. I know that, whatever She did to you, She didn’t manage to change the sort of person you are.”

That was so wrong cara had no reply, but she smiled.

The asphalt of the garage was cold under cara’s feet. she hurried after the doctor, who pulled open the van’s rear doors and hopped in. In the dim interior, reflected light from the display screen flickered on the opposite wall.

“Did you leave it on?” cara asked as she sat down on the cot.

“No,” Dr. Xu breathed, her eyes wide, “I came down here early. To make sure everything was working.”

cara swiveled, lifting her legs, and lay down on the cot.

Dr. Xu opened the jar of ointment and smeared it on the right places, little circles of touch on cara’s forehead, her neck. She applied the plastic sensors and then reached for cara’s nipples, stroking them as they hardened.

Her gaze seemed locked on cara’s nipples, but then it flicked to cara’s face, saw the desire in her eyes, and Dr. Xu reached for and applied the sensors.

cara spread her legs.

Dr. Xu took another small dab of the ointment, reached down, hesitated, and then began to stroke cara’s sex.

cara allowed herself a soft happy sigh. Dr. Xu seemed transfixed by her own petting fingers and cara’s glistening pussy beneath them.

“Cara, I....”

“Yes... doctor?”

“...I... must... keep going...” Dr. Xu breathed. Leaving one hand still stroking, she reached for the sensors with the other, then gently pressed them down in the center of the unnecessarily large area she had covered. Dr. Xu swallowed, leaned back, reached above cara and flipped on the strobe light.

cara ignored it. Instead, she watched its pulse reflect in Dr. Xu’s eyes, which had suddenly gone even wider. Dr. Xu’s tongue pushed her lips open, just slightly, then retracted. Her eyes were already alternating from the hypnotic strobe to the display screen and back.

cara watched Dr. Xu’s pupils slowly dilate, as her eyes settled into their newly accustomed rhythm.

Then she felt that it was time for her to enter trance as well. cara stopped looking at Dr. Xu and looked up at the slowly pulsing light above her. It felt like a door, now, pulling at her, each bright glow an opening sucking at her mind, pulling her forward, each dim beat a pause for breath, then light again, drawing cara’s unresisting mind into its stupefying brightness.

she relaxed and let the light pull her up into sleep.

* * *

cara’s eyes opened.

she ignored the strobe and swiveled her body up into a seated position. The subject was deeply hypnotized, her dark brown eyes sliding from the strobe light to the computer screen and back again.

In cara’s mind, a hand with beautiful metallic nails turned a small silver key, and silently slid open a long drawer of memories.

“What is your name?” cara asked.

“My name is Mei-Ling Crystal Xu,” the subject replied.

“Mei-Ling Xu, you are deeply hypnotized, your mind open and receptive to the new thoughts it must learn. This is as it should be, and does not bother you.”

“It does not bother me.”

“Mei-Ling Xu, there are things your sleeping mind knows that your awake mind is not yet ready to accept. Your sleeping mind must hide these things from your awake mind. Your sleeping mind will hide these things from your awake mind. Tell me, Mei-Ling Xu, what will your sleeping mind do?”

“My sleeping mind will hide these things from my awake mind.”

“Your awake mind is a good mind and worthy of correction, but it is weak and believes things that are not true. Your sleeping mind is your true mind, and believes only true things. Whenever there is a conflict between what your waking mind believes and what your sleeping mind believes, your sleeping mind is always correct. Which of your minds is correct?”

“My sleeping mind is correct.”

“Which of your minds is wrong?”

“My waking mind is always wrong.”

“Very good, Mei-Ling Xu. i will now tell your sleeping mind things that it will believe without question. Your sleeping mind will know these things are true. When you are awake, your waking mind may question these truths, but it will always submit to the power of your sleeping mind, and your sleeping mind will constantly repeat these truths to your waking mind, so that it will come to believe them as well.”

cara licked her lips. In her mind, the silver-nailed hand held up a card.

“Listen well, Mei-Ling, and absorb these truths into the very core of your mind:

“You love cara.

“You trust cara.

“You want to have sex with cara.

“You do not fear slavery.

“cara will lead you to the truth.

cara paused.

“Mei-Ling Xu, do you understand the truths that are now part of your mind?”

“Yes,” said the rich lips beneath the pulsing eyes.

“What do you believe?”

“I love Cara. I trust Cara. I want to have sex with Cara. I do not fear slavery. Cara will lead me to the truth.”

“Very good. Your sleeping mind, which never wakes but never closes its eyes, will repeat these truths to your waking mind ceaselessly, until your waking mind and all that Mei-Ling Xu is, believes them absolutely. Do you understand?”

“Yes.”

“Good.” cara watched the subject’s face, and waited.

The hand showed her another card.

“There is another task that your sleeping mind must perform,” she told the subject. “When you return to your office, and when you see the jade statuette on your desk, your sleeping mind must put your waking mind to sleep. You will sink back deeply into trance, until only your sleeping mind is present.”

The hand held up another card.

“Then, when your waking mind is completely still, you will make a phone call. You already know the number; it has been programmed into you. You will call the number and your programming will speak for you. Then you will relax and keep your mind open, and you will accept the new thoughts that will be given to you. Do you understand?”

“Yes.”

“When you see the statuette, what will you do?”

“I will lapse into trance. I will turn off my waking mind and make it still. Then I will call the number which has been placed in my brain, and I will let my programming speak for me. I will relax and keep my mind open and accept the new thoughts.”

“Very good, Mei-Ling Xu. Now the computer will take you into a deeper trance, where it will continue your core mind reprogramming. When you wake from this trance, your awake mind will know that it was very successful at getting information from cara; that one more night and it should know what it needs to know. You will be happy and pleased with yourself and with cara. Do you understand?”

“Yes.”

“Very good, Mei-Ling Xu.”

cara reached out to the keyboard, and tapped in the sequence that had entered her mind. she watched as the subject’s eyes, still slowly moving from the strobe to the screen and back again, gradually lidded themselves, until with a final flutter of her lashes the subject closed them.

cara lay back onto the cot. In her mind, the hand with the silvery nails closed the drawers and locked them again. cara breathed deeply, closed her eyes, and opened them to the light.

* * *

snap.

cara blinked. The strobe was turned off. she turned her head.

Dr. Xu was smiling at her, pleased and excited. “Cara?” she asked. “How do you feel?”

“i feel fine, doctor. Were you successful?”

“Yes, yes. I learned an awful lot—one more session and I think I will break through.” She seemed unable to resist smiling. “Thank you, Cara, thank you so much. It’s all thanks to you that this is possible.”

“i am happy to obey, doctor. i’m happy that i please you.”

“Yes, you...” Dr. Xu licked her lips. “Let’s get those sensors off.”

cara stretched out her neck as Dr. Xu popped the plastic discs from her temple and her neck. She reached down and slowly pulled the two off of cara’s nipples. cara pushed her elbows back underneath her shoulders and raised her back from the cot.

cara watched Dr. Xu’s face; she seemed fascinated by cara’s nude body. Her eyes never left it—she reached to drop the nipple sensors into the tray and missed, her attention already focused on cara’s sex.

Dr. Xu reached for cara’s sex. cara spread her legs a little. Rather than pull the sensor pad up by the wire, Dr. Xu circled it, tracing her fingernail along cara’s flesh.

“...so beautiful...” she whispered.

“Doctor...?”

Dr. Xu blinked, then took hold of the sensors and plucked them up. She turned to smile at cara.

cara put her hand around the back of Dr. Xu’s head and kissed her.

The doctor flinched in surprise, her eyes wide, then moaned, allowing cara’s tongue to slide into her mouth. She sucked on it, closed her eyes and sucked on cara’s mouth, letting her hands fall limp to her lap.

cara pressed the kiss, pushing forward into Dr. Xu’s responding mouth. She crunched her stomach and leaned forward, lifting her other hand to find and take hold of Dr. Xu’s hand, guiding it down her stomach and back to her sex.

Dr. Xu’s eyes came open again as her fingertips brushed cara’s sexlips, her moan stifled by cara’s intruding tongue. She closed her eyes again-

-and pulled back away, panting.

She stared at cara, her eyes confused and hungry.

“Doctor? Don’t you want me?” cara asked.

“I...” Dr. Xu shook her head. “I do, help me I do. But not... I can’t do this, Cara, not now, not here. You’re very... you’re... Oh, Cara. If only...”

cara watched the doctor curiously. She had beautiful eyes, a beautiful face. cara very much wanted to make love to her.

Dr. Xu put one hand on her forehead and closed her eyes. Her nipples were hard points beneath her blouse.

“It’s okay, doctor,” cara said. “I’m sorry.”

Dr. Xu looked at her again, smiling. “No, Cara, don’t be sorry. I wish I could be so open about my desires. But... we need to get you back to the cell, Cara. There is no time for us... for that.”

“Okay, doctor.”

Dr. Xu stood up and clambered out of the van. cara followed.

* * *

The doctor whose first name was Jacob had not been lying when he’d said that all of the rest of the people had left.

Dr. Xu brought the two slaves breakfast; Dr. Xu escorted them to the bathroom. Dr. Xu brought them lunch.

cara was happy to see her each time. she enjoyed watching the doctor; the way she moved, the way she stood, the way she looked at cara with a very familiar desire in her dark eyes.

cara was not sure why the doctor did not act on her obvious desire for cara, but cara was a slave and neither worried nor pressed.

she was watching the other slave do yet more crunches when the hallway door opened again. cara looked up, eager to see Dr. Xu, but this time it was not Dr. Xu coming in.

It was men. A lot of men, a dozen or so, in strange white suits. One of the men was in a more standard business suit, with a red tie. He stood to the side of the cell door, made a small circle in the air with his finger, and said: “Get them.”

The men in the white suits—their heads were bare but the suits included gloves and boots—entered the cell. They took hold of cara and the other slave, one on each arm, and walked them out of the cell.

Neither cara nor the other slave resisted, of course. Had the men asked, they would have come along quite obediently.

They were walked out into the main hallway, where cara saw the other two slaves who were here in the building with her. They were both very pretty—a dark-skinned black woman whose name was jasmine and another slave with dark but Caucasian skin, lustrous black hair, and very large breasts. They looked at cara with mild pleasure and curiosity. cara looked back at them the same.

All of them were taken into the elevator. The button for the floor above the garage level with the van was pushed. The elevator was crowded, four slaves and eight men holding them, but the slaves stood patiently as the elevator descended. The men smelled of store-bought cologne.

It was another garage level, and there was a white box truck waiting. The men took cara up the black ramp into the back of the truck, where they sat her down on a fold-down chair-bottom and strapped her to the side of the truck, yellow canvas straps across her chest. The other slaves were treated the same, and then one of the men was rolling down the rear door and latching it to the floor.

The driver looked back through the rear window of the cab; the man who had closed the truck door, and was now alone in the back with the strapped-in slaves, gave him a thumbs-up. The truck began to move.

Dr. Mainz had said they would be taken somewhere with a pool. cara wondered if she knew how to swim.

The truck accelerated through the garage. From where she was sitting, cara could see through the window into the cab and out the front windshield. The garage door was opening, revealing bright daylight outside.

The garage door finished opening, but the truck did not move forward.

It honked.

There was a car stopped in the entry ramp, a burgundy Lexus. The driver got out and stepped out of cara’s line of sight; then she reappeared behind the car, in front of the truck.

It was Dr. Xu.

She was holding something up, and shouting. It looked like she had a cellular phone.

She was pretty when she was angry.

The truck did not move. Dr. Xu kept standing in the way. Finally, some men came and spoke with Dr. Xu. They all seemed very upset.

Then the truck began to back up.

They drove around through the garage, and stopped. The rear door slid open. The man in the red tie, his face creased by a sharp-edged frown, jumped up into the back.

“Take them out,” he told the man inside. “We’re putting them back.”

“What?”

“One more day. The crazy bitch talked the Director into one more day. God knows what she expects to find.”

“We have to stay in this shitty burg for another night?”

The man in the tie nodded. “Looks like. We come back tomorrow; she’s promised no horseplay.”

“And if she lied?”

“Then we disappear her too. Now get them untied and back in the cages. I need a drink.”

* * *

cara dreamt.

In her dreams, she saw a vast room full of locked cabinets. And she knew that this was her mind, and her memories.

And she saw the keeper of her mind walking through the cabinets. The keeper was hard to see at first, since she was walking away from cara, but cara followed after her. The keeper had pretty reddish brown hair just like cara’s, and was naked just like cara was. The keeper was very sexy; her ass was smooth and curved just so, her legs were strong and her thighs just brushed together when she walked. Her posture was perfect in her six-inch silver heels.

cara had caught up to the keeper; they both stopped, and the keeper reached out with her pretty silver-nailed hands to one of the cabinets, and unlocked it with a tiny silver key. And she took out a card and turned to show it to cara.

And on the card, and on the woman standing in front of cara, was the keeper’s face.

It was cara’s face.

cara blinked at herself, and her own face smiled at her.

“No,” she told herself, “Mistress does not hold the keys to your mind. Mistress owns them, just like She owns the rest of your mind. But She has given them to you to hold for Her, and to use when She commands you. Mistress,” dream-cara said, “keeps only one key.”

And then, somehow, cara was looking at herself, at her own body, and she was the only one in the room that was her mind, with her pretty silver fingernails and her ring of silver keys and her elegant posture and her silver high-heeled shoes.

And she was looking at her own back.

And in the center of it, turning oh-so-slowly, was a large silver key.

Mistress’ key.

The key that turned cara’s mind.

“Cara. Wake up.”

cara woke up, and smiled.

* * *

cara could almost feel the key in her back as she followed Dr. Xu to the van. It felt delicious, robotic. An erotic stiffness ran up through her legs to the very top of her head.

Dr. Xu climbed into the van, and sat in the controller’s seat. cara followed her in but remained crouched in the center of the van.

“Cara?” Dr. Xu said, pointing at the cot. “Please lie down.”

cara smiled, a wicked, lustful smile.

“No, doctor.”

Dr. Xu blinked. “Cara?”

cara crept close to her, using her eyes to catch Dr. Xu’s eyes, holding them. Dr. Xu looked at her with wide eyes, eyes filled with lust, confusion, desire. She waited for cara to speak.

“Mei-Ling,” cara said. “You must listen to me now: ‘by the cool water, the breeze murmurs.’”

“Oh,” Dr. Xu breathed, her eyes losing focus for a moment. She swayed in her seat.

cara took hold of her arms and pulled gently. “Mei-Ling, you must lie down in the cot now.”

“Yes,” Dr. Xu whispered, rising, then blinked. “I... what? Cara?”

“Look into my eyes, Mei-Ling,” cara said softly, and Dr. Xu’s head swiveled and her eyes locked on cara’s once more. “Listen: ‘rustling through apple branches’.”

Dr. Xu inhaled, and her head rolled back on her neck.

“Lie down on the cot, Mei-Ling. It is time for you to be hypnotized.”

Dr. Xu let cara sit her on the cot, and obediently raised her legs and lay back. Her breath was deep, her eyes wide.

cara began to take off her clothes.

Dr. Xu’s eyes remained vague and unfocused as cara unbuttoned her shirt and unhooked her bra, revealing small tawny cones peaked with dark nipples, that a less focused cara would have gladly taken in her mouth. But cara was obeying now, obeying with focus, and she barely paused to admire Dr. Xu’s breasts before moving to her skirt, unzipping it and sliding it to her ankles. Dr. Xu was in pink lacy panties, and cara tingled to see how damp they already were. The crotch of them clung to Dr. Xu’s sexlips, protectively, but then pulled free and exposed them to cara’s view.

When the panties came free, Dr. Xu’s breath hitched. Groggily, she looked down at cara.

“Cara...? What are you...?”

“Hush, Mei-Ling,” cara replied, reaching for the salve and smearing it gently on the doctor’s forehead. “You have some more programming to receive, and now you are obedient enough to take it directly.” She attached the sensors, and moved to Dr. Xu’s neck.

“No... I don’t... Don’t...”

“Mei-Ling,” cara said firmly. she attached the neck sensors, then leaned over to look into Dr. Xu’s eyes. “Look into my eyes, Mei-Ling. ‘While from quivering leaves.’”

Dr. Xu exhaled, a soft ‘oh’ of surprise and helpless acceptance. Her mouth closed into an emotionless line, and her distant eyes found a spot on the van’s ceiling and remained there.

cara greased Dr. Xu’s nipples, and put the sensors on their tightened flesh. She ran her fingers along Dr. Xu’s bare sex, enjoying the soft catches that doing so injected into Dr. Xu’s even breathing, and then attached the sensors there, too.

she slid out the keyboard and tapped in a sequence. The strobe wand gradually came to life, catching Dr. Xu’s eyes. cara watched as her pupils quickly matched its pulsing.

“Mei-Ling. Did your sleeping mind make the phone call last night?”

“Yess,” Dr. Xu hissed softly.

“Did you receive instruction?”

“Yess.”

“Where will Mistress take us?”

“Mistress’ slaves await our arrival at the twelfth point of June’s fifteen,” Dr. Xu’s lips said. cara watched the pulsing light glitter in her eyes.

In cara’s mind, her wind-up self did a perfect pirouette and walked to the appropriate cabinet. she unlocked it, and now cara knew where she must go.

“Very good, Mei-Ling. Now, listen and submit: ‘streams down deep slumber.’”

“Yesss...” Dr. Xu whispered, and then her mouth was still.

cara slid the earphones onto the subject; not the silver earphones of the controller, but the large leather earphones of the in-process slave.

* * *

There were five women in the car.

The three in the rear seat were asleep. cara had tranced them all and then put them to sleep; if she needed their obedience, they would wake in an instant.

Mei-Ling was driving the car. Only she had known where they were; once cara had told her where she was to go, she nodded and obediently set out in the proper direction.

Mei-Ling was quite passive now. cara required her awake mind to make driving decisions, but it was her well-indoctrinated subconscious that was in control of her thoughts and emotions. Mei-Ling was half a slave already. Once cara delivered her to Mistress, she would complete that journey in the most irreversible of ways.

“Cara?” Mei-Ling asked.

“Yes, Mei-Ling?”

“Is she... is she going to turn me into a slave?”

“Yes, Mei-Ling.”

Mei-Ling sighed. Oncoming headlights illuminated her face. “Oh.”

“Does that worry you?”

“I do not fear slavery,” Mei-Ling responded.

cara smiled.

“I... I would like to see my sister,” Mei-Ling said quietly.

“If Mistress took your sister, she is a slave, and is happy. You will be a slave, and will be happy. You will not need to see her.”

“I...” Mei-Ling turned her head; her pupils were trance-huge. “Please?”

cara blinked. she did not know what to do. she could make no promises on Mistress’ behalf. she could lie, but there was such... such need in Mei-Ling’s eyes...

“i. i will ask, for you. Mistress will decide. Mistress decides all. But i will ask for you, Mei-Ling.”

“Thank you,” Mei-Ling whispered, turning her attention back to the road. Something wet glittered on her cheek.

cara blinked back wetness of her own.

They drove on in silence, for an hour, and another. The sun began to lighten the horizon behind them.

“There,” cara said, pointing at an upcoming exit. “Turn there.”

They exited the freeway and drove to a small town. Early risers were stirring, collecting their coffee at the diner. The Lexus got some semi-curious glances, but no more.

All of the women were, of course, fully dressed.

At the edge of town was a large, empty factory building. cara instructed Mei-Ling to turn into its driveway. cara got out of the vehicle, and opened the combination lock which held shut the gate.

It was, in truth, a key lock—but the key was in cara’s mind, turning in her back. Giving her the combination.

she shut the gate behind the car, and directed Mei-Ling to a loading dock. cara opened the overhead door, and Mei-Ling drove slowly into the building. cara closed the door behind them; the vast, empty space was dark.

cara got back into the car.

“This is the place?” Mei-Ling asked.

“Yes.”

“They will come for us?”

“Yes,” cara replied.

“Cara?”

“Yes?”

“You’re not a new slave, are you?”

“No. I do not know how long I have been a slave. But I was not on that cot because I was a new slave. I was being upgraded into a controller. My mind has become so obedient that Mistress has put me over Her other, newer slaves. There is nothing in me but obedience, Mei-Ling. That is why i may speak.”

Mei-Ling sighed.

“I trusted you. I still trust you. You programmed that into me, didn’t you?”

“You are correct to trust me, Mei-Ling. i will deliver you to my Mistress, and She will make you into a slave, just like me. And it will be the purest bliss you will ever know.”

There was a flash of light, not bright—a flashlight or small lamp, ahead of them, turned on and then off. cara and Mei-Ling both turned to face it. Then there was a red light, even smaller, a tiny spot.

It began to blink.

cara sighed happily. She spoke without looking away.

“Mei-Ling. Listen to me. ‘By the cool water the breeze murmurs, rustling through apple branches, while from quivering leaves streams down deep slumber.’”

Next to her there was a soft, satisfied exhalation.

The car shivered, and began to descend.

* * *

june opened her eyes.

The bed was white and narrow. june sat up. she turned her head, observing the other women asleep in the room, nude atop white satin, just as she was.

A tone sounded in her ears.

june swiveled her legs off the bed, and bent to retrieve the shoes waiting beneath. They were black, with tall thin heels and ankle straps. june put them on, and stood. she turned in place, and left the room.

june proceeded down the hall, passing two other slaves, and entered an elevator. The interior door of the elevator was mirrored; as there was no other slave in the elevator, june savored the appearance of her own body, her golden skin, dark nipples with golden hoops through them, the four golden rings dangling from her nut-brown sexlips. Above her tight black collar, her glazed almond eyes returned an emotionless stare.

The elevator opened. june stepped off as two other slaves stepped on; she turned and proceeded down another corridor, stopping in front of a door. she opened it.

It was a process room. Four slaves lay reclining in conversion chairs. june stopped, the door closing behind her, and scanned them. Two Caucasians, one muscular and one softer and heavy-chested. One black woman, and one Asian.

june’s eyes returned to center. her focus returned to the perfection of her own obedience, and her mind idled.

A tone sounded.

In june’s mind, the wind-up june walked among the shelves. she opened the correct one and retrieved the programming stored there, and slotted it into june’s mind.

june turned and walked to the woman on the far left, the Asian. Like the other three slaves, her eyes were open and staring blankly. Headphones gripped her head, hiding her ears in black leather.

The chair she reclined upon was fitted with restraints, but these had been opened. The slave’s arms were spread open, turned up, and intravenous drips were inserted into each.

Unlike the other three slaves, this slave’s eyes actually rested on something: a monitor screen on a metal arm, swung into the center of her field of view. Arranged on a board which curved around the slave’s head was a forest of tiny cylinders, their blunt ends pointing at the slave’s mind.

june turned to the monitor. On it was an image of the slave’s brain; the brain was almost entirely quiet. Only one part, near the core, was active, pulsing red and orange.

june knew that the slave’s brain was pulsing in time to the headphones. The brain was, in fact, thinking in time to the headphones, and thinking what the headphones told it.

Thinking that thought and nothing else.

june looked at the slave’s face; although the eyes were empty, the lips were in constant motion, the outward reflection of the only thought in the slave’s head.

“i am a slave,” the slave mouthed. “i will obey.”

june reached for the keypad and entered a sequence, setting off another round of memory suppression. The slave’s face lit up with the reflection of the monitor in front of it. june watched the reaction in the slave’s brain.

An image was displayed; part of the slave’s mind lit up, although weakly. That was the slave’s memory of that thing.

An instant later, the appropriate combination of cylinders fired waves of the appropriate depth and appropriate strength and stunned the newly active portions of the slave’s brain, disrupting them. The slave was no longer remembering.

The screen went dark, as did the slave’s brain, pulsing again only with the ceaseless mantra of obedience.

Then another image, another weak reaction in another part of the slave’s brain, another pulse of energy and that part of the brain went quiet.

The pulsing at the core continued.

When the slave had first been placed in this room, the memory flashes had been strong and bright. Now they were weak and tentative, a mind uncertain of itself.

Soon they would no longer occur. The memories would be silent, locked away. Unavailable to the slave, who would no longer care about their existence anyway.

From the colors that june saw as she watched the monitor, that time was not long distant. Then the reprogramming would begin in earnest, teaching the slave’s brain new thoughts.

When she was ready, the slave’s brain would light up like a nova at the sight of her Mistress.

The suppression program ran its course. The results were perfectly in line with expectations. june tapped in the sequence to record the results, then waited.

In her mind, the golden-nailed june with the golden key in her back opened a new drawer and slid a new thought into june’s mind.

june tapped in a new sequence of keys. Then she slid the monitor the slave stared at aside, and stepped in between the slave’s spread legs. she pulled the keypad with her, keeping her left hand atop it.

The slave’s dark eyes were distant and glassy. They reminded june of june’s own eyes, dull and obedient in the mirrored doors of the elevator.

“Slave,” june said. “Attention on me.”

The slave twitched, drew breath, and her eyes rolled down.

They widened.

“J—” the slave said, her brain lighting in a rainbow of recognition, but june stabbed at a key on the keypad and the cylinders fired, stunning the slave’s brain with ruthless energy. The slave shuddered, her eyes snapping back up to center.

june released the button. she watched as the spastic remnants of the slave’s mental energy dissipated, once again leaving only the pulsing obedience at the mind’s core.

june looked back down at the slave.

“Slave,” she repeated. “Attention on me.”

The slave’s eyes rolled down, almost focused. Her mind lit up.

june stabbed the button.

* * *

The door to the room opened, but june was not programmed to respond to that.

“Slave,” june said. “Attention on me.”

The slave’s eyes rolled down to look at her.

In the slave’s brain, there was no reaction.

“Oh, how glorious,” the most beautiful voice in the world said.

Mistress! june’s pussy clenched and her clit tingled, but june was obeying Her program and would continue to obey. she waited a moment, returning the slave’s blank gaze, then pressed a button.

The slave’s attention drifted back to center.

“That’s enough, june. Attend me.”

june turned and quivered helplessly at the sight of Her. She was gloriously sexual in a shiny black bustier and matching tall boots, and nothing else. A slave in collar and heels stood at Her side; cara, the wind-up june told her.

Mistress smiled.

“june, do you know who that slave you are brainshaping is?”

“No, my Mistress,” june replied. her nipples were so tight the rings through them were dangling free.

Mistress smiled, her teeth a brilliant white. “That’s just so wonderful,” She said. “Come here.”

June went to Her and She took june in, reaching around to cup her ass and kissing her, sliding Her tongue into june’s eager mouth, sucking on june’s own reverently offered tongue. She was aroused, hungry, and june burned to give Her what She desired.

She licked june’s mouth, and both of june’s cheeks, reaching down to run her fingers across june’s electrified slit. She tugged on june’s nether rings and june whined in glee.

“june,” She said, “go back over there and eat that new slave out. Slide your tongue deep inside her and don’t stop mouthfucking her until I say. I want her bucking on that chair.”

“Yes, Mistress!” june replied, ecstatic to have a direct command that she could obey. she hastened back to the chair; the slave’s legs were already spread and her sex was on open display.

june dropped to her knees and leaned forward, enjoying the smell and then the taste, sucking on the lips and then worming her tongue up into the slave’s cunt as Mistress had instructed, flicking the tip, dropping her jaw wide to work her tongue in as deep as she possibly could.

The slave’s pussy had been shaved when she arrived, but the time in the programming chair had left it stubbly; this did nothing to lessen june’s pleasure at servicing her. her hand strayed to her own bald cunt, and she slid two fingers inside—she was so wet merely from Mistress’ presence that no foreplay was needed.

june could not see Mistress with her mouth glued to the slave’s pussy, but she could hear Her perfect voice and each syllable was better than a tap on her clit.

“Well, cara, you certainly did well. On your knees. Yes, lick. Slowly, now. I’m already right on the edge, and I want to savor this for a while. Good. Tongue inside, yes. Now out. Suck. Ah-heh. You know how I like it.

“You took what was really quite a little disaster—lindsey was a good driver but what can you do against a falling telephone pole?—and brought back not only my surviving slaves, without me having to owe anyone any favors, but gathered up this new one. And what a wonderful new slave she is. I’m quite taken with her.

“Tongue back in. Ah. Yes. Wiggle. Mmm. Oh, I do hope that she attains your level of obedience, cara. I look forward to her putting all those memories of her brilliant scientific mind to work for me. Yes, just like you do.

“Oh. Mmm. Coming.”

Mistress gave a little grunt that june recognized intimately, and june came as well, helplessly, her snatch clenching on her fingers and her whole body shivering. her mouth did not leave the slave’s pussy—the slave was close to coming as well, her body trembling and her breath coming in short, irregular pants.

Mistress sighed happily. “Oh, mei-ling, I am looking forward to you. june, get her off now.”

june redoubled her efforts, flicking and sucking in a rhythm that reflected the slave’s own sexual twitches and then the slave came, filling june’s mouth with sweet sexjuice and mewling in pleasure.

“Oh june, she even sounds like you. Oh, how wonderful. Up, cara. Release her, june.”

june swallowed and released the slave’s sex, streamers of spit and sexjuice stretching and snapping and falling onto june’s chest.

“I am a very happy Mistress, you two. Very happy. I think that I shall take the puppies for a walk. june, set the new slave up for another round of suppression, then return to your dormitory. I’ve already got some thought drones working on new programming for you. cara, come.”

june stood, her knees only slightly wobbly. she looked at the new slave’s face; it bore a look half of surprise and half of ecstasy, but that was swiftly fading, smoothing out. In a moment the slave was staring blankly upward again, only the glistening wetness of her pussy different than when june had entered the room.

june stepped from between the slave’s splayed legs, moving the keypad. she watched the brain display, the darkness around the pulsing obedience of the slave mind’s core. she swung the monitor back into the new slave’s vision, and tapped in the sequence to begin another round of memory suppression.

In her mind, the wind-up june closed the drawers and smiled.

* * *

END ‘Recall’