The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Reality

by asianpersuasion & J. Darksong

Liberation

“Leila! This way! Hurry!”

Leila glanced up, then turned, glancing at her. Kyle was waving to her from one of the rooms further up the hallway, instead of down, towards the stairs, as she’d expected. Frowning, not sure what he had planned, she obediently followed him, waiting patiently as he closed and locked the door, setting the sleeping Nora aside for a moment as he began searching around the room. “So... um,” she began awkwardly, shuffling her feet slightly, “you knew I was there, huh? I thought I’d been pretty stealthy all this time... but you knew I’d followed you.”

Kyle nodded. “Yeah. I knew. And once we’re back home safe and sound we’ll have a discussion about you disobeying my orders to stay put with the others.” Leila flinched at that, coloring brightly at the rebuke. “But you’re here, and you were a big help,” he added, softening the blow somewhat, “so I guess I should say good job... and thanks.” He paused, kneeling down underneath the bed, grunting in satisfaction as he retrieved a length of rope, using it to tie up and secure Nora. “Okay. That should keep her still while we make our way back to the cove. That drug should keep her out for about two hours, but I don’t want to take any chances.”

Leila nodded. “Oh! Master, use this! I brought it with me, just in case it might be needed,” she said, tossing him a small gray cloth bag with runes stitched all along the sides.

Kyle grinned. “A bag of infinite holding? Good idea! I can slide Nora into this and just carry this little bag instead of hauling her around over my shoulder. Where did you come up with this?”

“We kinda used the same idea to transport Vale back from the Athenium earlier,” she explained, “and I actually had one in storage from a dungeon I’d cleared back in my assassin days.” She sighed softly, glancing around idly as Kyle secured their captive. “So, um, Kyle... I have to ask... what are we doing here? Shouldn’t we be hightailing it down to that hidden passageway Vale took us through to get out of here? That gas should be wearing off any second now, and this place will be crawling with guards.”

“I know. That’s why we’re here, in Vale’s room.” he clarified, taking out the small piece of parchment that Serena had given him earlier, just as the sound of bells tolling loudly rang out. “Ah, the alarm, just like I thought. Anyway, this is the last place they’ll think to look for us. If Marion and the others knew about Vale’s plan, they also had to know the escape route she’d given us. So I’m willing to bet that secret passageway in the dungeon is completely sealed off.”

Leila nodded. That made sense. “Okay. You seem to have some kind of plan for getting us out of here. But Master... I am... I have to know. How did you know I was there, following you? And how did you know I had those stun gas grenades?”

“When I first became a werewolf and joined Hollowclaw’s pack, I took notice of how sharp my senses had become. And when I began training in my new class, I burned a lot of ranks in enhancing my perception stats. That’s how I knew you were following me—I caught your scent shortly after we appeared in the forest outside the castle. And I heard you take out the soldiers on patrol before they could ambush us.” He chuckled at her startled expression, then sighed softly. “That’s also how I knew Vale was leading me into a trap. I could sense all the other people hiding in Nora’s room waiting to ambush us. I even gave her an out, one last chance to come clean... but she was totally committed to going through with it.”

“Of course she was,” Leila spat. “She’s a low down and dirty snake in the grass. A liar and a bitch. This was all part of her plan from the beginning like she said. And it really takes one seriously fucked up person to do all of this, to put herself and us through all of this just to please her ‘beloved Marion’.”

Kyle sighed again. “Yeah. That’s just it. I know she lied about pretty much everything, but I still get the feeling she was... I don’t know, conflicted about what she was doing. I mean, if all she wanted was to have me captured and turned in to Marion, she had plenty of chances.” He shook his head ruefully. And maybe I’m reading more into it than was actually there, but I kind of thought we connected there a little bit at the end... that despite her griping, she actually enjoyed being with us the past few hours.. and that it was only the thought of getting back in Marion’s good graces made her go through with it.

“Who knows?” Leila shrugged. “The girl was totally mental. Anyway, I still think we need to move. It’s only a matter of time before they perform a sweep of the area, and work their way through the individual rooms, including this one.”

“Agreed,” Kyle stated, walking over to the large closet, brushing aside the clothing hanging there, to push hard against the far wall. To Leila’s surprise, the wall groaned and shifted, revealing a hidden panel. “Vale’s little map may not have pointed out all the little hidden surprises of this place, but the map Serena gave me shows all of them. Come on. This crawlspace should lead us all the way up to the attic, and the stairs going up to the south tower.”

“Um... the roof? Master, we should be going down, not up, if we want to escape.”

“Not in this case,” Kyle replied with a smirk, sliding carefully into the passageway. “We only need to get clear of the actual castle. Once we’re outside, we can use our teleport crystals freely. All we have to do is reach the roof, and we can escape this death trap.”

* * *

“...and that brings us to the quartermaster’s report,” Rald stated, reading from the scroll in his hands, “of which the quartermaster, Enzo, reports that the number of practice weapons and munitions used in training this past month is at an all-time low, at thirty-eight percent, meaning the cost to repair and replace those used should come in under budget for a change.” He paused, glancing over at his leader as she sat at her desk, frowning, apparently deep in thought, the ink from the quill in her hand having dripped and run down onto the parchment below. “Um, Lady Shalandearl?” he prompted her, clearing his throat loudly. When she turned to stare at him blankly, he prompted again, gesturing to the paper in front of her.

“Oh! Ah, shit,” she muttered, grabbing a blotter, cleaning up the excess spillage. “Sorry, sorry... my mind wandered.” Straightening up, she nodded to him. “So, the, um... the quartermaster report. You were saying?”

Rald sighed heavily, folding up the scroll. “My Lady, if I may be blunt. Something is troubling you. Since the moment you returned, your mind has been elsewhere. Your private matters are purely your own,” he said carefully, not wanting to offend, “and I am but your subordinate. But... if something is bothering you, I would hope you could consider me a confidant... someone you could talk to...”

“You’re right,” she said heavily, hanging her head. “My mind’s not on this at all. Honestly, I feel like a nervous wreck. It’s... it’s Nora. Kyle left several hours ago on a mission to infiltrate Marion’s castle and rescue her.” She laughed ruefully. “I’m honestly a bit torn about who I’m more worried about, Kyle or my cousin. At least I know Nora’s safe. She’s under Marion’s complete control, but at least I knew he won’t hurt her as long as he has a use for her. Kyle on the other hand... who knows what Marion would do to him if he catches him.”

Rald nodded stoically. He didn’t like Kyle Shadowchaser. At all. But he did respect the man’s character and abilities. “I trust that he’ll be fine. He’s very strong. And he’s clearly no stranger to infiltration and rescue missions, from the way he handled the White Grave on our first mission to save Lady Snowfallen.” He grunted, feeling slightly ill at adding the next part. “Plus... he is a man of honor. If he says he will rescue Lady Snowfallen, then he will. Rest assured, milady.”

“You... have a good point,” Anadriel admitted, smiling again. “Thank you Rald. I guess I just needed to hear that.” She glanced back at her paperwork, then yawned, stretching. “Well, Rald, I think this should complete the backlog of paperwork we had to go through. Do we have anything else on the agenda tonight?”

“No, milady, that’s everything,” Rald replied, checking his list. “The Sylvan Order is running smoothly again. We’ve covered and solved every potential problem for the foreseeable future.” He gave her a look, eyebrow raised. “If the Lady wished to, ahem... return to her friends to await news of cousin’s return, that would be acceptable.”

“Thanks, Rald,” Dri replied, blushing slightly. “I think I shall, actually. But, um... before I go? I did need to talk to you about something important.” She took a deep breath. “Rald... I think it’s time I stepped down as Guildmaster of the Sylvan Order.”

Rald’s jaw dropped. “St... ste... step down?!?” he repeated in disbelief. “But... but my Lady! We need you! You helped make this guild into the envy of all Axaelle! We would be lost without you!”

“No, you wouldn’t,” Dri replied in a small but confident voice. “I will admit that I did a lot to bring us into the spotlight, back in the beginning. But everyone working hard together as a unit is what has enabled us to continue growing. And Rald, really, I haven’t exactly been more than a figurehead for a long time now. All of the true work is done by you, my friend, you and the other lieutenants.” She sighed heavily. “And... to be completely honest... I haven’t been happy here for a long time. It’s always been a job to me, but lately, it’s become a lot harder to keep doing it. Being forced to fight Nora in that duel... it just made me realize how empty my life has been up to this point.”

Rald frowned. “And this doesn’t have anything to do with Shadowchaser?” he persisted. “He didn’t press you into making this decision?”

“He doesn’t even know I’ve decided yet,” Dri answered. “And if anything, he’d probably try and talk me out of it.” And, if he pushed the issue, I’d even stay with them, she sighed inwardly. He’s a great guy, but Master can be really old fashioned about a lot of things. Before she could continue, however, her comm beeped, signaling a message. Scrolling through, she sighed softly. “It’s from Honor. Kyle just returned. I’m going to meet him now.” She paused, pulling out her teleport crystal. “Rald... I don’t want to leave things like this. And I don’t want you to think my experiences here with the Order were bad. I have nothing but good memories of my time with you and this guild. It’s just... as good as they were, I was never happy here.”

Rald nodded. “And... this Kyle Shadowchaser?” he asked quietly. “Being with him... will make you happy?”

Anadriel stood silently for a moment. “Yes,” she admitted softly, nodding. “It will.”

Rald bowed deeply from the waist. “Then, by all means, my Lady, go to him. I have much enjoyed serving at your side all these years. It has been an honor. But as much as I wish for you to stay... I wish for your happiness more.”

Eye wet, Anadriel hugged him deeply. “Thank you, Rald. For being so understanding. And for... well, for everything.”

The old soldier grunted, sniffling slightly, not wanting to let his own tears show. “Of course, milady. And... be sure and let that knave of a peasant know—if he ever mistreats you in ANY way, he’ll answer to me!”

Dri chuckled softly. “Don’t worry, I’ll let him know.” And with that, she departed.

* * *

“Gaaaahhh!” Vale Stormsinger gasped aloud as she rematerialized back in the Reality, appearing back at the spot where she’d fallen in Nora’s room. Panting deeply, she placed a hand on her chest, at the spot where that bitch had stabbed her. Ugh...no wound. Huh. Guess it healed when I came back to life, she mused silently.

“Welcome back.” Marion’s voice spoke from behind her, causing her to jump. Whirling around, she found him sitting idly on the bed. “You seem a bit shaken up. This is the first time you’ve actually ‘died’ in game, isn’t it?”

Vale nodded, scowling. “Yeah. First time. Usually, I’m the one taking out other people.” She shook her head. “Can’t say I enjoyed it either... felt weird, like getting knocked out and waking up a few minutes later. Kind of like being on a bender, minus the hangover.”

Marion nodded. “Yes, a bit like that. It’s been a while since I was defeated, but I do recall what it feels like.”

Vale sighed, stretching. “I’ll try not think about it. I don’t intend on ever letting it happen again. And if I ever see that little straw-haired BITCH again...” she paused, frowning, glancing around. “Speaking of which... which is everyone? Did your guards catch them yet?” She grinned sadistically. “If you have her locked in the dungeon already, I want to be the first one to, ah, ‘interrogate’ her—”

“Yes, about that,” Marion interrupted her, standing up. “We haven’t caught them yet. They’ve managed to give their pursuers the slip so far.”

“Really?!? You’re fucking kidding me!” she growled, shaking her head. “Gawd! I practically gift wrapped them both for you, and these incompetent peons you call soldiers can’t capture them?!? And where the HELL is Barena? Don’t tell me ‘Jungle Grrl’ is unable to track them down after tracking ME all over the goddamn country setting up this little scenario? Or more likely, she’s half-assing it, hoping to shift the blame on failing to catch them back onto me!”

Marion raised an eyebrow. “You? To blame? I can’t see how anyone would blame YOU for this,” he commented idly, turning away, crossing his hands behind him. “After all, you carefully planned out every little detail of this scheme to the letter. You managed to draw Kyle Shadowchaser here into my lair, and even bring with him the three missing relics that I so badly need to be retrieved from him.” He paused, turning around to face her, his expression brooding. “No, wait. Scratch that. As it turns out, he didn’t actually bring the relics with him,” he stated, holding up a handful of goldplated trinkets in his hands, “just a few poorly disguised fakes!”

Vale winced as he stepped menacingly towards her. “Of course, that’s not really your fault, though, is it?” he continued. “Shadowchaser is a very cunning adversary. Even if he DID trust you enough to come here, I doubt he’d bring so precious a commodity into the enemy’s own lair. I hadn’t really expected it to be that easy. And I can even give you credit for the part of your plan that took into account that he might actually escape and make a run for it, and posted guards at the hidden passageway to ambush him if he attempted to flee by that route.” His scowl deepened. “What I DO have an issue with is the part of your plan... that ends with MY HEALER BEING KIDNAPPED AND TAKEN AWAY!!”

Going very pale, Vale took several steps back, finding her back literally against a wall. “B-but... you can’t blame ME for that,” she protested. “I did my part! I brought Kyle here just like I said I would! He was surrounded by a room full of your finest soldiers! Hell, I took a spear to the chest to pull this off!” She swallowed painfully, seeing no sympathy on his face. “Marion, baby, c’mon,” she whined, taking his arm gently, rubbing it against her chest, “you don’t need that little bitch anyway. You’re better off without her. You have three of those relic things now... and it’s only a matter of time before you get the rest of them. Kyle Shadowchaser is nothing compared to you!”

Marion paused as if considering. “That’s true. But Nora filled a very important role for me. She was the one I depended on, the one who was always by my side if I needed anything, no matter the day or time.”

“I could fill that role,” Vale exclaimed, sensing an opening. “I am your second-in-command, after all. Your right-hand woman! Who better to serve as your personal go-to girl?“

“So, you’re offering to take Nora’s place, then?” Marion asked, grinning wickedly.

“Oh, Marion, baby,” Vale gushed, “that’s exactly what I wanted! You never needed that little bimbo anyway... not when you have me!”

“I’m glad you feel that way,” Marion replied, holding up his arm, the golden bracer around his wrist beginning to glow, “because that’s precisely what’s going to happen. Make no mistake. You’re no Healer. You’ll never be able to match up to Nora in that respect. But Nora was also my obedient slave girl,” he added, causing Vale to stiffen in his arms, “and in that respect... you will fit the bill perfectly.”

“What? No! Wait!” she protested even as she felt a wave of power building up within Marion pressing in on her. “This... this wasn’t what I wanted. Please, Marion! You can’t do this!”

“I can... and I will,” he replied coldly. “You’ve been a thorn in my side for a long time, Vale... and I was planning on plucking you. But since you volunteered for this, I’m more than happy to indulge you. Vdri vur oontanx plythu!” he said suddenly, using the same words he’d used to enslave Nora so long ago.

Vale’s reaction was much the same as Nora’s only faster, the power of the three relics he held leaving her without even the slightest chance of resistance. Her eyes fluttered shut, and her head dropped to her chest as a shudder went through her body. When he eyes opened again, they were flat and empty, glowing with a soft golden glow. “Si mi dout pliso,” he stated with a smirk on his lips.

“You are my master,” the once proud Snow Elf recited listlessly, dropping to her knees before him, pressing her forehead to the stone floor. “I am your humble obedient slave. I live to serve. I will obey.”

“Yes, yes, I know,” Marion replied smugly. “And now, you will. No more going off on a tangent. No more bickering with Barena about every little thing. From now on, you’ll do exactly what I tell you, how I tell you when I tell you. Understand?”

Vale nodded. “Yes. Master. I understand.”

Marion chuckled darkly. “You always were a suck up,” he stated staring down at her. “A real bootlicker. Well, slave, consider that one of your duties now. My boots are right there by your face. Get to licking!”

“Yes, my Master,” she stated in a flat empty voice, and she moved slightly, kissing Marion’s left dust and dirt covered boot gently before she began licking. A solitary tear leaking down her cheek was the only outward sign of any emotion from her...

* * *

Stein frowned intently, working through the list of papers on his desk, pondering through all the different options before picking the best choice. Noting his approval, he signed and stamped the document with his official seal, then let out a deep sigh, glad to finally be done. He glanced down at the floor at his side, at his lovely wife Isiltani, who knelt calmly and serenely beside him, completely naked, staring straight ahead, with a blissful smile on her face. Sighing again, he retrieved the golden pocket watch on his desk and snapped it closed with an audible click.

“Ahh... ummm... what?” Isiltani mumbled, blinking, shaking her head briefly to clear it. “My... my Lord?” she asked, peering up at him. “Is something wrong? Why did you bring me out of it?”

“Nothing is wrong, my love,” he said simply, extending a hand, helping her back to her feet. “And I am sorry to bring you out of your, um, ‘restful state’,” he said with a slight smirk, “but I needed to talk to you. And by that, I meant you, not the dreamy waif you are when you’re under the effect of that watch.”

Isiltani blushed heatedly. “Well, my Lord, I would argue that I am the same person either way, and actually more focused on your needs and desires under its effect... but given the fact that I would not even argue with you at all in slave mode, I suppose you have a point.” Taking a deep breath, she moved to sit down across from him. “How may I be of service, my Lord?”

“Well, actually, I’m in something of a quandary,” he admitted, leaning back in his chair, stretching briefly. “I just finished the paperwork for preparations concerning the Obelisk Cup, and its proceedings for the Pantheon. Everything is pretty much set and ready to go, aside for a few inconsequential details. My concern, however, is what to do regarding Marion and his eventual challenge to the Pantheon.”

“Hmmm... I see,” Isiltani replied, biting her lip idly. “That is a tough call. Even with everything we know, we can’t simply forbid him from participating. And considering the contacts he has within the echelons of the Reality’s upper management he’s had to help him all this time, it’s unlikely going directly to the Board would do any good either. Have you tried talking to Kormak?”

“Yes, multiple times,” he grumbled, shaking his head, only to gasp, and scowl at his lovely wife. Down in his lap, a soft dainty purple bare foot was rubbing idly against his crotch, her long slender toes teasing his growing manhood through his pants. “My love,” he said in a somewhat strangled voice, “not that I don’t appreciate the attention, but you are making it very hard to focus on the topic at hand.”

“Hmmm?” Isiltani asked, coyly, clenching her toes lightly, added just the slightest bit more pressure to her husband’s covered cock, smirking as he moaned involuntarily again. “I’m sorry, my Lord. Am I being a distractionnnn-yiiiieekk! Eeehehehehehee!” she squealed, jerking her foot back down as he responded by raking his fingers down across her long purple sole. “Not fair,” she murmured, giggling, planting her feet back firmly on the ground again.

“Serves you right, you little minx,” Stein chided her, chuckling. “I’m trying to have a serious discussion, and you’re trying to seduce me.”

“Well, my Lord,” she stated with a smirk of her own, “you did just bring me out of a very aroused state when you woke me. I am completely naked, and still very turned on, and my husband, Lord, and Master is so concerned about some other man that he hasn’t even noticed.”

“Oh, I noticed,” Stein replied back, taking her hand in his own, kissing it deftly, “and I promise, once this matter with Marion is settled, I shall whisk you away to bed, where I fully intend to take advantage of your aroused state to the fullest. But alas, business before pleasure. And I do, truly, need your thoughts on this, my Lady Love. We, as much as anyone, know what Marion is capable of with the relics he has in his possession. JD stated unequivocally that the power this watch wields pales in comparison to any of the true Dragon Relics Marion holds. And he has three of them.” He sighed heavily. “Just knowing a few words of Dragontongue can be dangerous, even without the relics to boost that power.”

Isiltani shuddered slightly. Having experienced the watch in its full and delicious glory for herself, knowing firsthand how deeply its power affected her, she couldn’t begin to imagine how irresistible a true Dragon Relic’s power would be. “Just how much of a boost are we talking?”

“Normally, Dragonspeak only affects females,” Stein stated with a shrug. “I’m not sure on exactly why that is, if its genetic or something it the way it was designed, but it affects females universally, though some of the stronger willed ones can resist it somewhat. Each relic apparently strengthens and increases the effect. With enough relics, it can influence and affect men as well. And if Marion somehow obtained all seven of them, and combine their effects, he would be able to affect anyone and everyone with his voice. His normal words would be as effective as Dragonspeak.”

“All that power... in the hands of someone like Marion,” Isiltani mused aloud, shuddering again. “Suddenly, I’m not feeling in a playful mood anymore.”

Stein took her hand, kissing it again. “It’s not quite as bad a situation as it seems, loveling. Marion has three of them, but so does Kyle Shadowchaser. And according to the Dragon God Himself, there is still one more relic up for grabs. If Kyle manages to obtain it before Marion, it certainly tips the odds back in our favor.” He paused, frowning slightly. Kyle was a close and personal friend, and confidant, but the fact that he had enslaved a number of young beautiful woman, including his fellow Pantheon member, Anadriel Shalandearl, still bothered him somewhat.

Not that I am comparing Marion and Kyle in any way, he admitted to himself. The two of them couldn’t be more different. Kyle is the very epitome of honor and integrity, and I highly doubt Marion even knows the meaning of those words. And out of all the people in the entirety of the Reality, JD chose Kyle to go to with this. I highly doubt he picked him on a whim. And really... I know Honor explained that each time he used his powers to enchant and enslave one of them it was for a good reason. Nor can I fault him for indulging his lusts, considering the way I’ve done so myself with Isiltani. It’s just... I can’t help but remember that old saying about power corrupting, and absolute power corrupting absolutely...

“I know that look, my husband,” Isiltani said, drawing him back out of his thoughts. “You’re about to work yourself into a worry-tizzy, trying to figure out not only what Marion and Kyle will do, but what they might do, the worst case scenarios, and how to counter each of them.” She stood up and walked over to him, pushing back his chair and sitting on his lip, pressing herself into him. “My Lord, some things in this world are simply beyond our control,” she said gently. “This battle is between Kyle and Marion, and they will be the ones to settle it. In the end, all you can do is help and support Kyle as much as possible... and trust him to do the right thing for everyone involved.”

Stein chuckled softly, shaking his head ruefully. “Very true, my lady love. Thank you for putting things into perspective for me.” He kissed her deeply, passionately, feeling her melt into him again. “I know not what I did to warrant being gifted with a partner and love as smart, sexy, and wonderful as you... but I do indeed thank my lucky stars every single night that I was.”

“Oh, you flatter me, my Lord,” she said shyly, blushing again, rubbing against him, cooing softly as she felt him responding again to her nearness. “So... would you consider the matter concerning Marion closed, for the time being?”

“For the moment, yes,” he replied, grinning, reaching out a hand for the watch on his desk. “I intend to speak to the entire Pantheon on the matter when we gather tomorrow, and perhaps with Dri and East backing me up, we can convince Kormak of how much of a threat his brother truly poses. And if that fails, I have a few more ideas in mind. But yes... for now, the matter is closed.”

“Then, if it would please my Lord,” Isiltani purred, placing her hands in his, clutching the watch, “perhaps we should retire to the bedroom, and... continue where we left off-aaaaahh... ooohhh,” she moaned softly, eyes rolling back into her head as Stein’s hand deftly opened the watch once more. When her eyes rolled back down, they flashed gold for a moment before dropping to half lids. “Mmmmm... my Master,” she said gently, submission and love dripping from every syllable. “How may I serve your pleasure? Please, Master, I beg you... allow your humble slave to serve you!”

“I can think of a few ways you can serve my pleasure,” Stein husked, standing, lifting and carrying his slave-wife in his arms, “but you’re right. Let’s continue this back in our bedroom, where we can be more comfortable. The business has all be taken care of,” he said, staring into her lovely pale eyes, “and now is time for the pleasure.”

* * *

“Hey.” Kyle said, “You awake Nora?”

Her eyes fluttered awake to see… Kyle Shadowchaser before her. Instinctively, she cast her strongest spell, locking him in place for a brief second. “For Master Marion!” She cried, reaching to draw the dagger from her belt before she was hit with a powerful Knock-back spell, ending her Hold spell on Kyle and sending her back into unconsciousness.

“Damn.” Kyle said, wincing slightly, “She sure has gotten a lot stronger. I still feel sorta stiff.” Honor gave Kyle a raised eyebrow, “No jokes Honor. Not right now.” Kyle chided her, “We can make sex jokes later. For now, we gotta figure out how to free her.”

“It would seem we can’t.” Calypso offered, “At least not yet.”

“What do you mean?” Anadriel asked, tending to her unconscious cousin, stroking her hair.

“Kyle’s Dragonspeak and Marion’s are of equal strength,” the blue-skinned shapeshifter explained. “It’s simple to tell with a bit of a magical check up on her.” Kyle reached out, his hand glowing, and Anadriel did the same, and they both nodded and sighed.

“Ok, so what do we do?” Anadriel asked, “We can’t leave her like this.”

“And we won’t.” Kyle replied, “The worst case scenario is we keep her asleep until we get that last relic, but if my Dragonspeak is good, and it IS getting better… I might be able to figure out a workaround for this. At least something temporary.”

“A ‘workaround’?” Serena asked.

“Exactly. And Serena, you might be able to help me with this actually—I can write it out in layman’s terms, but basically, Marion’s words are ingrained in her mind. But his… phrasing, I guess that’s the best way to put it, is rather crude. The words I used on you all, um, well you’ve seen the effects, they turned each one of you into someone that could never harm me because your whole universe is…well me.” Kyle said, shuddering slightly at his own words. “That aside, you love me. And I love you all. Nora doesn’t love Marion, merely worships him like a pagan god or something like that. He is absolutely her Master through and through, but she doesn’t love him, she is more accurately dually obsessed with pleasing him and not displeasing him. And I wouldn’t call that love at all.”

The group nodded solemnly. The very idea that one could be enslaved like they were without the love they felt was haunting at best.

“I’ll help any way I can.” Serena finally said.

“Alright. I think we’ll need some privacy, so everyone, just take turns watching her and knock her out if necessary. Leila, if you wouldn’t mind binding her up a bit to make sure she can’t escape. Otherwise, do as you please.”

The group parted ways, Leila offering to take the first watch and bind Nora up good and tight. Meanwhile, Kyle and Serena went off to a corner of Kêr-Is and Kyle, focusing his Dragonspeak energies on Nora, decrypted and wrote out the words that Marion had branded on Nora’s mind in everyday language.

“Ok, so basically here, Marion gave her the sleep command and made her mind weak, and his actual phrasing is: ‘I am your master.’ Very simple and crude.”

“Hmm. I see. What did you use on us, Master?” Serena asked, curious.

“Well, the phrase that I learned means: you are my absolute slave.” Kyle replied, “Though thinking about that now, those two aren’t actually incompatible.”

“How do you figure?”

“Well, it’s more than just the words itself. It’s the context. For example, the ‘feel’ of the words Marion used are very authoritative; the word for Master here is along the lines of slave driver or boss. Meanwhile, with my words used, the word for ‘absolute’ is more along the lines of captivating or enraptured.”

“Yes… yes… I get it!” Serena exclaimed, “With the first, Nora views Marion as her Deity, the center of her universe that demands obedience, but we view you as someone that we love so much, that we simply choose with the utmost joy to serve you.” Kyle nodded encouragingly and Serena continued, “Soooo…if we take that into consideration, then what’s to stop you from saying those words to her and have her have an overwhelming adoration for you? Wouldn’t that override a robotic need to obey?”

Kyle scratched the back of his head, considering. “It’s certainly possible. Though I’d fear that might also just break her mind in half, pulling it two conflicting directions like that.”

“But they’re not really conflicting,” Serena pointed out, “at least not in a way that would cause her to have a mental breakdown or something. Let’s say you have her heart, Master. Marion has her mind, and I can tell you, at the very least, the heart and mind are equal in strength unless you focus quite strongly.”

Kyle nodded. “It’s certainly worth a shot. Though I’d prefer to consult an expert on Dragonspeak before we give it a try.”

“Aren’t you a relative expert now Master?”

Kyle rolled his tongue within his mouth, “Well, maybe. I’m still not entirely confident, however. At the very least, I’ll play around with the phrasing and connotation, and try and make a cohesive and effective sentence.”

Serena nodded, “I’m glad I was helpful, Master.”

Kyle kissed her on the lips, “Yes. You were. And I love you whether you are useful or not. But thank you. You did quite well.”

Serena basked in the pleasure of pleasing her master and then bowed to him, “Is there anything else I can do for you, Master?”

Kyle shook his head, “No, I’d best be alone for now to concentrate. You girls get to be quite distracting.”

Serena nodded as she left him be, though Kyle noticed an extra sashay in her step as she did.

Damn... Distracting indeed, He thought to himself shaking his head, Ok, now lets see, how about... si mi vsist…

* * *

“Are you sure?” Kyle asked, “This is the best way to put it?”

“To the best of my knowledge, yes.” James Windsaber replied, reviewing the wording Kyle had chosen. “It feels right in my bones.”

Kyle nodded, turning to Nora who was just rousing awake. The three of them were alone in Kêr-Is, the rest of Kyle’s harem waiting just outside. James covered his ears for safe measure and Kyle spoke, just as the young healer opened her eyes. “Nora. Si mi vsist dout pliso, wux re sia teno silit!”

Nora shuddered once again, gasping from the power that overwhelmed her. Her eyes flickered from a golden glow to more of a silver.

“Wha—What?” Nora mumbled, shaking her head as if to clear it.

“Are you ok Nora?” Kyle asked.

“Kyle?! Master?! Kyle?! Oh, my head!” she winced, holding her head in her hands. Nora’s face became twisted with pain for a second and she grimaced, biting her lip as she went. The soft glow in her eyes shifted from silver to gold, back to silver again, as if the two powers controlling her were truly at odds. And then finally, the silver brightened, then faded, as if sinking deep within her. Panting softly, a little trickle of blood dribbled down her chin, from where she’d bitten her lip, she finally looked up at Kyle with new eyes.

“Oh!” She said, smiling at him, “Master! Thank you for rescuing me! I—I am not worthy of such risk—I—” Before the young girl could go any further she was swept into a powerful hug by a burst of blonde and energy.

“Oh, Ko-chan! Ko-chan! You’re safe! You’re safe!” Anadriel held her cousin tightly, crushing the smaller girl in between her chest and arms, crying tears of joy. Nora’s tears matched Anadriel’s as the two held each other.

“Ta-chan. I—” she began, lip trembling, trying to find the words to apologize.

“Are you okay?” Anadriel cut in. “Did Marion hurt you? Did he touch you? What did he—?”

“Sorry to interrupt but, please.” Kyle said, clearing his throat, “I have another phrase to give Nora. Should help with the headache. And I promise, as soon as we’re done, you two can catch up to your heart’s content.” Nora nodded, though Anadriel seemed reluctant to let her cousin go. Anadriel slowly walked away, James close behind to escort her out. “Nora.”

“Yes, Master?” Nora asked, deeply pleased to hear her name spoken.

“I’m sorry for what has happened to you,” he said with will regret. “And I’m sorry that it’s going to have to continue for just a little while longer.”

Nora’s eyes grew slightly wild with fear, “Why? What is it?”

“Well, I was unable to undo what Marion did to you,” Kyle explained. “The words I spoke to you, and the words I’m about to speak, they allow you to reach… an equilibrium. If you are near me, I am your master, if you are near Marion, he will be your master, and if we are both nearby, your mind may just fall apart not knowing what to do. Further, the more time you spend with either of us, the deeper both of our holds over you grow.” Nora’s expression fell. “Unfortunately, it seems it must come down to which one of us gets the last relic and wrestles control of you from the other. I’m sorry. It seems you must be a pawn to one of us no matter what.”

Nora nodded softly. “I understand. I thank you for doing this, however. You... you risked so much to come and save me... and I...” her eyes went wide as she remembered what happened in Marion’s hall. “Ohhhh oh god... Master! I... I’m so sorry! I tried to trick you, trap you... I went along with Vale’s plan, and you were almost—”

Kyle stopped her babbling with a gentle kiss, that drained the fear and anxiety from her. “It’s okay, Nora. That was when Marion had control over you. You were serving him. That’s over now. And I don’t blame you at all. So I don’t want YOU to blame you either. Got it?”

“Y-yes, Master,” she replied shyly, a small smile creasing her lips now. “And again... thank you. If, as you said, I have to be the slave... the ‘pawn’ of either you or Mas... Marion,” she said with a slight frown, “I’d rather it be you.... oww oww oww!” she winced, clutching her head again. “No... bad thoughts, bad thoughts,” she muttered, shaking her head.

“Sorry. I’d better go ahead and complete this so you can relax in peace. Origato wer luh batobot ui silit ekess Marion vdri!” Nora’s eyes flashed briefly for a moment, a shudder running through her before slowly calming and relaxing again. “Okay, that should do it,” Kyle replied. “Now, Nora, you should go and talk with your cousin. I know Dri has been worried sick about you. Go and catch up with her.”

Nora nodded, smiling grandly. “Yes, Master! Thank you, Master!” she said, leaning forward to kiss him again, deeply. “Thank you for everything!” With that, she went out to the front of the cave to meet the others.