The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“The Odyssey”

by ThatSquickGuy ()

Chapter 2

Part 5: Ellie

Elizabeth rubbed her bleary, blue eyes. She’d been pouring over the scanner data the Captain had sent her for almost three hours. She was glad that they had stayed in the system. She knew that she’d found what she was looking for. With every new piece of information to answer one question, two more seemed to arise. These alien ships where almost certainly responsible for the hyperspace noise she’d been looking at. Now that she knew that, there were even more things that she didn’t know. What were all those alien ships doing in this particular system? What had caused their malfunctions? Could there be a connection to the planet? And, if so, how did it relate to the slime? And what could that slime be hiding?

“And why haven’t I eaten?” Elizabeth mused another question aloud to herself. Then she quietly chuckled. “Maybe I can get some answers on those ships after I eat.”

Elizabeth set off for the commissary. At the request (read, command) of the Fleet Admiralty she had been granted private quarters towards the back of the ship. Much to the annoyance of the Captain. This arrangement meant that she had to walk farther to get what she wanted, but it also meant that she could work without constantly being interrupted. Or spied on. The only person she saw regularly was Lucy as she went back to her shift in the engine room. Every time she went past she buzzed Elizabeth’s door and wanted to talk. After a few months it had gotten impossible to ignore. So, she had finally broken down and talked to her a little. Not that that had satisfied her any. Why did Lucy always have to be so nosy? She sighed as she thought about it.

Other than that one minor annoyance, the rest of the crew had kept their distance from her and she’d taken no strides to change that. Elizabeth wished the Federation High Command had sent her on a different assignment, but this is what she had gotten so she’d better make the best of it. And now it was considerably more interesting than the webs of trade disputes she’d had to deal with before.

At least no one’s shooting at me this time. Elizabeth thought.

The commissary was as empty as she’d hoped and she quickly grabbed her favorite ‘meal’ from storage. She shook her head. This food was so much worse that what they had on the ships in the core systems. At least they had kitchens. She’d gotten used to better accommodations and being stuck way outside of Federation space was not her idea of a good time. But now at least she had a portion of the information she needed.

She thought again about all the hours of video footage of the away team she had gotten from the Captain. It was going to take forever to go though. She hoped that she could get some highlights of the footage from Dr. Bowman once he was finished looking through it. She was also awaiting his analysis of the slime. The slime itself wasn’t all that interesting to her. It made a convenient excuse to stay in the system. The ships were far more interesting. After all, this is what she was here for. But the slime’s possible connection to the alien ships’ presence could not be ignored. Perhaps…

“Hi, Elizabeth.”

Oh, no… Elizabeth thought as Lucy quickly bounced over and sat down right next to her. Her long, almost-white hair bouncing along behind her.

“Any word on when we’re going to take off? The engine’s in perfect order.” She said happily. Her thousand-watt smile almost blinding Elizabeth. Lucy was the epitome of the perky blonde. A stark contrast to Elizabeth’s own, always business attitude.

“That’s Ms. DeWitt, Ensign Westenra. And no, I haven’t heard from the Captain what she wants to do.”

“So, what do you think is going on? I don’t get to hear much in engineering, but you always seem to know what’s happening. What do you think about this weird slime stuff that I heard Marybeth fell into? Is it true that we found another alien race? Have we made any contact with them yet? Do you think we’ll head back to the Federation or keep going? I can’t believe we finally found something so interesting, can you? Aren’t you glad we stayed in the system?” She leaned in closer and closer to Elizabeth as she talked. Her large breasts getting dangerously close to poking Elizabeth in the side.

As Lucy continued nonstop, Elizabeth sat there calmly trying eat and avoid having to answer her questions. Her eye was almost starting to twitch. She knew that Lucy was just trying to be friendly in her own way, and many of these questions were her own, but… God! Did she never stop?

Lucy continued unabated, leaning ever closer. “I heard that there might be a problem with leaving the system though hyperspace. Is that true?”

“Ensign Westenra!” Lucy jumped back a little at the loud noise. Elizabeth bit her tongue and tried to be nicer. “Lucy. My job is gather information for the Federation High Council. That doesn’t mean that I know the answers to all the questions. I’m sure the Captain will tell you if there might be a problem with the engine. Right now, I have to see Ensign Stamper about the debris we’ve collected.”

“Grace? If she’d let me look at the alien ship I could tell what happened to them! I heard what May thought. About the ships falling out of hyperspace. I spent years studying hyperspace theory and I’ve taken apart and rebuilt more spacecraft than I can count. Please, can I come with you?” She tried to look like a little blue-eyed puppy dog while at the same time almost vibrating in her seat. Grinning from ear to ear.

She might yet prove to be more useful than just a distraction. Or I might go crazy first. Elizabeth thought. However, getting a firsthand account and information could be valuable, she tried to persuade herself. “Alright, you can come, but I don’t want the Captain to know right now. I’ll report it to her later.” She said finally.

“Okay…” Now Lucy sounded less than thrilled. “Why do we need to keep anything from the Captain?”

“I’m sure that the Captain can wait a little while longer for some answers while we make sure that we have all the facts.” Elizabeth tried to reassure her.

“Okay, I guess…” She frowned slightly. Then it was instantly replaced by her usual smile. “At least I’ll finally get out of that boring engine room. Between the computers monitoring everything and this being a relatively new ship nothing ever happens back there. It almost runs itself.” As they set off, Lucy started up again with her nonstop stream of questions. “So, what do you think that Grace has found so far?”

They passed the rest of the crew quarters and for a second Elizabeth swore that she heard the sound of passionate sex coming from one of the quarters. However, Elizabeth was on a mission. She could let the crew deal with its own problems until later.