The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Memory Remains

by J. Darksong

Like twisted vines that grow
Hide and swallow mansions whole
And dim the light of an already
Faded prima donna...
Fortune, fame, mirror, vain
Gone insane...
Fortune, fame, mirror, vain
Gone insane,
But the memory remains...
The Memory Remains, from the album ReLoad by Metallica
* * *

Jeffrey Myers sighed deeply, glancing out the window as his limousine passed through the outer gates of his three story manor house. It was nearly ten o’ clock, and the moonless night seemed to weigh down upon him heavier than usual. He’d just come from a long board meeting with the execs at Hardgrove Industries, flying back into the country from his vacation in Italy aboard his private jet. Jetlag, fatigue, and the stress of having to deal personally with yet another crisis with his company left Jeffrey feeling worn out, despite the week long vacation abroad. Still, the idea of breaking in his two newest acquisitions brought a smile to his face.

I hope Janet and Lisa have more energy than I do, he mused, yawning slightly as Hilda activated the garage door control from her dashboard. It’s been a while since I’ve been home, and the other girls tend to enjoying playing with my new ‘toys’. I hope they haven’t worn the poor things out.

The car slid smoothly into the massive garage, the young blonde chauffer working the expensive machine into its parking spot like a professional driver. Jeffrey waited until she opened his door before exiting, frowning at the pitch black of the room. The lights, which should have activated with the raising of the garage door, were dark. “Must have blown a bulb,” Jeffrey guessed, retrieving the briefcase from the car seat. “Have one of the girls attend to it, will you Hilda? I dislike coming home to a cold dark—”

A sharp pain erupted in his shoulder at the same moment his extraordinary senses detected something wrong. He gasped, putting a hand to the affected shoulder, finding himself struck by what appeared to be a tranquilizer dart. “Fuck!” he groaned, pulling the dart free, scanning the pitch black room with all his senses, trying to locate his attacker. No, ATTACKERS. He could just barely make out the dim red glow of IR goggles worn by three persons, hiding in the shadows directly across from him.

“Master! Are you alright? What do I do?” a frightened Hilda asked, grasping him in the dark, trying to shield him from whatever unknown entity was attacking. She trembled in his arms, fearing for her life, but unwilling to leave him unprotected. A lump welled in Jeffrey’s throat; his loyal servant, his sweet Hilda, would die to protect him.

A wave of vertigo flashed through Jeffrey, bringing him down to one knee. His mind felt as foggy and as drugged as his body, and he found himself unable to concentrate his powers on stopping his assailants. “Hilda,” he croaked, sliding deeper and deeper into lethargy by the second, “run. Get... help.” He sensed, rather than saw, the shake of her head. “I said... leave!” Jeffrey grunted weakly. “Just... go...”

“You’re not going anywhere, beautiful,” a harsh male voice sounded from the gloom. Hilda yelped, signaling the firing of another tranquilizer dart. Jeffrey groaned, sliding down to the cold concrete floor. He was fading fast, and he knew it, but he focused all his remaining energy on sending a warning to girls, inside the house. He felt the connection, the dim sense of surprise and fear, that indicated his warning had been received. Then his eyes closed, and he felt nothing at all...

* * *

Light. Sound. A soft rhythmic beep, an electronically generated noise. Jeffrey came awake in an instant, trying to raise his head, regretting it immediately. When the stars before his eyes cleared once more, he looked carefully around the room, taking in the strange surroundings. He was lying in what seemed to be a medical bed, in a hospital, hooked to an cardiograph, several computers, and an IV drip. He would have thought he’d been rescued somehow, and taken to a hospital... were it not for the several cameras stationed around his bed, not to mention the thick leather straps holding him captive.

“Ah, you’re finally awake.”

Jeffrey glanced to his left to see a lovely raven haired woman, wearing glasses and a white lab coat, step forward from behind one of the cameras. “For a while there I thought we’d overmedicated you,” she said, sitting down on the bed across from him. She looked him up and down, coolly, with a definite air of arrogance that instantly pricked Jeffrey’s nerves.

“Where the fuck am I?” he growled, struggling again with his bindings. “Who are you? What am I doing here? Do you have any idea who you’re dealing with here?” He tried to reach out with his mind, to probe the woman’s thoughts, but everything seemed fuzzy, like radio static. “What the fuck did you do to me?

“Calm yourself Mr. Myers,” the woman replied, holding up a small black switch. “I’d hate to have to sedate you again so soon after awakening, but I will if you cannot behave yourself.” Jeffrey bit back the retort he felt welling up inside, and ceased his struggles, not wishing to be rendered insensate again. “That’s better,” the woman said, smiling smugly. “Now then. Where you are, and who I am are none of your concern. Suffice it to say, I work for one of your company’s major competitors... one who is rather tired of losing so much business and money to a relatively newcomer like yourself. I was paid a very tidy sum of money to... arrange a private meeting between Hardgrove Industries’ CEO and owner, and my employer. I was told to use any means I deemed fit to set it up.”

Jeffrey glared back at the woman. “Have you ever heard of a telephone? It’s a wonderful little invention. Let’s you talk to people over great distances, without all the hassle and trouble of kidnapping them from their homes in the middle of the night!”

The woman laughed. “Oh, Mr. Myers, I am SO going to love dulling that sharp tongue of yours. I hope Ms. Billings lets me keep you around after she gets through with you.” She rubbed a long manicured nail along Jeffrey’s jaw line. “It’s been quite a while since I’ve had a new toy of my own to play with.”

Alarms went off in Jeffrey’s brain. He knew he was in serious trouble. The words After she gets done with you had a very ominous tone to them, and the thought of being give to this dark haired woman as a toy made him very nervous. His psychic abilities had been somehow blocked—had it been intentional, or an accidental effect of the drugs keeping him sedated? If one of his business rivals had discovered his secret power, found out about the several dozen girls he’d enslaved back at his manor house... Dread settled into the pit of Jeffrey’s stomach like a sharp-edged stone.

“Look,” Jeffrey began, striving for a non-threatening tone, “I don’t know what she’s paying you to do this, but I’m not too bad off financially myself. I could easily double—”

“Don’t insult me, Mr. Myers!” the woman snarled, fury written across her face. “If nothing else, I am loyal. I’m not some mercenary, selling my services out to the highest bidder! I was asked by my employer, and my FRIEND to deliver you, and that’s what I intend to do.” She sighed, shaking her head. “I almost pity you, Myers. You have absolutely no idea what you’re up against. You never had a chance in this.”

A buzzing sounded, and the woman retrieved the cell phone from her pocket and flipped it open. “Yeah? Oh, of course. Everything went perfectly. I have him right here and he’s quite eager to meet you.” Pause. “Yes, that will be just fine. I’ve got him pumped full of ‘M46’. He’ll behave himself.” Pause. “Thank you, ma’am, that’s most generous. By the way, the men picked up the chauffer in the raid, a little bonus package. If you want, I can have her prepped to send over as well. Hmmm? Really? Oh, you’re too kind.” Pause. “Alright. The package will be ready to send over momentarily. I’ll see you in a few. Bye.”

Jeffery sighed in relief. Hilda was still alive. He’d been worried that his assailants would have considered her as expendable, and gotten rid of her, killed her and dumped the body somewhere. Though his own situation was still grave, he felt better knowing that the young girl’s life had been spared.

“It’s a done deal,” the woman replied, walking over to the lead computer console. “I’m to deliver you directly to Ms. Billings straight away.” She tapped several keys on her console, checking the monitor, before nodding. “A word of advice, friend. Mind your manners when you meet Ms. Billings. She is not nearly as forgiving a person as I am. Get on her bad side, and you’ll live to regret it.”

Jeffrey turned to face her. “If she’s smart, she’ll simply kill me when she gets the chance. Otherwise she, and you, will both live to regret it. That’s a promise.”

“A tough guy to the very end, hmm? Too bad this is the end, Mr. Myers.” She pushed the switch held in her hand, releasing massive doses of the drug into Jeffrey’s system. “Good night, Mr. Myers. I look forward to seeing you again soon.” Jeffrey’s eyes drooped, then closed shut.

* * *

Amanda Billings stood before Jeffrey, seemingly shining with an ethereal glow. Her long dirty blonde hair seemed radiant, as if it were not merely hair but strands of spun gold. Her eyes were the purest ice blue, and Jeffrey felt convinced that he would drown in them if he dared to meet Her gaze. As it were, he could only stare helplessly at Her incredibly long, slender, well-tanned legs, gorgeously exposed in the red micro-miniskirt that barely concealed Her privates. Her feet were clad in stylish matching red sandals, Her toenails painted a blinding scarlet, all perfectly complementing Her state of dress.

If he had not been tightly bound, manacled wrist and ankle, to a thick vertical metal slab, he would have fallen to his knees, begging only for the honor, the privilege to kiss Her glorious feet, to suckle Her toes, to give Her pleasure with his unworthy lips.

He wanted to break free, to grab the fucking bitch by the throat, and throttle her, to slowly squeeze the life out of her, until her entire head popped like a balloon.

He wanted nothing more than to confess his undying love and devotion to his Goddess, to pledge his unworthy soul to Her protection, to Her service, and Her pleasure. He would serve her all his life, to a ripe old age, if only to see Her grant him a smile, to know that the unworthy slug that he was had managed to please such a wondrous being such as She. Then, only then, could he die a happy man.

If only he could get free, get his hands on a sharp knife, a piece of metal, something with a serrated edge to slice into her soft tender flesh... THEN he could die a happy man.

Jeffrey gazed at his Goddess, his All, his Savior. He loved her more than life itself.

Jeffrey bit down on a growl at the sight of his enemy. He loathed her more than life itself.

“Excellent,” Amanda purred softly, caressing Jeffrey’s chin, as she walked around to the computers monitoring his condition. “You have a really strong sense of will, for a man. I’m impressed. Most of My subjects gave in long before now, succumbing to the inescapable pleasure of submitting to My will.”

“F-f-f-fuck... you!” Jeffrey grunted, struggling to resist the errant thoughts crashing through his mind.

“No, I’m afraid not,” Amanda said, nonplussed. “I don’t fuck men. I prefer a woman’s touch. But, if you’re a good slave, and a hard worker, I might like you kiss My feet once in a while.” She keyed up another sequence, watching the brain monitor for a reaction.

Kissing her feet! YES! BLISS! RAPTURE! JOYJOYJOYJOYJOYJOY! Jeffrey’s naked cock, much stimulated, yet denied release, jerked hard, throbbing desperately for climax in the aftermath of the mere thought of being allowed to serve his Goddess.

With a supreme effort, with nearly the last of his strength, Jeffrey forced the pleasure back, pushing it down into something resembling normalcy. His entire body was covered in sweat, his heart was racing, and his breathing was shallow. He sensed he was at his breaking point; either his mind would snap under the constant barrage of dominance and pleasure, or his heart would explode. His mazed and confused mind wondered vaguely which he would prefer.

“Very good,” Ms. Billings commented, watching the wave patterns of his brain as they slowly began to change to the desired wave pattern. “You’re nearly mine. You’ve put up a brave fight, Mr. Myers, but the end result was a given. No one can resist My Synapse Inducer.” She tapped the metallic helmet strapped to Jeffery’s head. “My invention injects My specially programmed nanobots directly into your gray matter, where they slowly but surely augment your organic tissue with My neo-organic neuron fibers. Your entire brain becomes literally hardwired to My specifications, changing your behavior, your entire way of thinking, to what I wish it to be. You cannot resist it. You cannot resist ME.

Jeffrey’s eyes rolled back into his head, Her words working their magic on him. Resisting was hard, do hard... and in the end, fruitless. The microscopic machines inside his brain were constructing their own information superhighway, guiding his thoughts along the pathways Amanda Billings wished. Right and wrong disappeared. There was only one way: Her way. The way of his supreme Goddess.

“Uuuhhhhmmm...” Jeffrey moaned, his head slumping forward, as his mind dissolved, gray matter and synthetic fiber merging, reforming into an organic crystalline substance. Amanda, eyes glued to the computer graphs, smiled a knowing smile. The Crystal Matrix created by Her nanobots would harden into its permanent form in seven days, but for all intents and purposes, Jeffrey Myers was no more.

“Excellent work, Miss Billings,” the raven haired doctor commented, walking into the lab. “Took a bit longer than You thought, though. I told You he had a lot of will in him.”

“You were right, Electra,” Amanda replied, turning to face her visitor. “You were always a good judge of character. But whether they submit in the beginning, or at the end, they ALL submit,” she said, sliding into Her thick leather recliner, lifting the silken red skirt, exposing Her naked pussy. Electra, her calm, cool demeanor broken, moved forward, towards the lounging executive. Amanda smiled, spreading Her legs, welcoming Her beloved in.

“He even lasted longer... uuuuuhhhhhmmmmm... than you, My dear,” Amanda purred, arching Her back slightly as the dark haired doctor began teasing Her rapidly wettening slit. Electra responded to the barb by clamping her lips on her Mistress’ clit, tonguing it deftly, before returning to her previous slow teasing licks. Amanda shuddered. “Not that you didn’t put up... oooohhh... a good fight too,” the blonde added after a moment, catching Her breath. “You were... aalhhh... always... my favorite, Electra darling. Mmmmmm... yess... do that again, lover... just like that...”

Electra did as she was bidden, soon sending her lover into an erotic frenzy, culminating in an explosive finish. Giving pleasure to her beautiful Goddess, and being called Her ‘favorite’ had brought Electra’s own passions to the brink. She pulled away from Amanda’s sopping wet pussy, panting, begging with her eyes for her Goddess to allow her pleasure as well. Amanda smiled, eyes bright in passion, as She nodded, speaking the word softly.

“Cum.”

The raven haired beauty bent nearly backwards, her mouth opened wide in wordless ecstasy. Amanda, diddling Her own clit as She watched Ser slave cum, moaned softly. It sometimes amazed Her just how passionate and loving the dark haired woman had become since the treatment. Electra Kane had once been Her boss, her direct supervisor in TransCorp’s Microtechnology Division. She had ridiculed Her theories, had insulted Her for her sexual preferences, and even gone as far as to sabotage the presentation She’d intended to give to the Microtechnology Division’s Chairman, on Her new innovations on the nanobot program. Electra had likewise been Her first test subject in the practical application of that program, once She had discovered the sabotage. Since that day, Electra had been subservient, loyal, and extremely passionate.

“YEEESSS!! MISTRESSS!” she screamed, her voice finally forcing itself free from the pleasure-induced paralysis. Electra slumped over as the wave of bliss finally broke over her, leaving her completely numb, limp, and completely satisfied. Climaxing at her Goddess’ command was always a taxing experience; only the need to rise and complete the rest of the assignment her Goddess had given her enabled her to get to her feet.

“About the other one,” Amanda was saying, Her attention back on Her work once more. “You said there was something... odd about her.”

“Yes,” Electra replied, willing her heartbeat to slow to normal again. “She was abnormally susceptible to my control. There was no resistance in her whatsoever. And, my men reported that she referred to Myers as ‘Master’ back in the garage when they took them.” She frowned, glancing at the still form of Jeffrey Myers, his Crystal Matrix brain being reprogrammed through the coaxial cable plugged into the back of his head. “Do you think this girl, Hilda... that he has a collections of slaves similar to Yours?”

“It’s possible,” Amanda remarked, deep in thought. “I’ll have to question him about his slaves once his programming is completed. I doubt whatever technology he used to program this Hilda, and his other slaves, is as sophisticated as Mine. It shouldn’t prove too hard to reprogram them to do My bidding.” She grinned wickedly. “He certainly won’t be needing any slaves of his own, anymore, and I’m always on the lookout for a few more beautiful women to add to My stable.”

Jeffrey twitched, blinking slowly once, but otherwise gave no indication that he’d understood or even heard the conversation.

* * *

“You can’t be serious!!”

Marvin Edwards slammed his fist hard against the heavy oak table, causing a ripple that knocked over the half-full glass of water. The other executive board members grumbled loudly, agreeing with Edwards. Jeffrey Myers stood at the head of the table, letting his men have their say. In a way he felt sorry for them. They had done their jobs well, working hard to make the relatively new company into a giant of industry, rivaling the number one conglomerate, TransCorp Industries. Any man would balk at learning, out of the blue, that he was being let go, that the company was being sold to their biggest competitor. Jeffrey knew his decision would hurt them greatly, but he was determined to follow through.

After all, it hadn’t truly been his decision at all. It was the will of his Goddess.

“Jeffrey,” Edwards began, his voice low with barely-suppressed emotion, “forgive my bluntness, but this is complete insanity! You took over control of this company after your mother’s unfortunate... breakdown. You’ve done a good job since then, handling problems with your own unique insights, your cool business savvy, and your eye for finance. You’ve never given us reason to question any decision or choice you’ve made. Until now.”

Again, a chorus of voices began to speak, many agreeing with Edwards, some restating his argument in less flattering terms. Jeffrey sighed deeply, then held up a hand to silence them all.

“Gentlemen, please!” he said, waiting for silence. “I know how you all feel. But trust me, I didn’t make this decision to sell lightly. Things have been... difficult lately. I’m still a young man, not even twenty-five years old yet, and my entire life is being devoted to the running of this company.” He shook his head. “Well, not anymore. I’m tired of the hassle, of the late-night meetings, of the never-ending crises every other week. One of TransCorp’s executives met with me a few days ago, in private, to discuss a possible buy out. Their terms they offered were more than generous; all of you will be well compensated in the merger.”

“It’s not a question of compensation!” Joel Melton exploded. “Dammit man, you can’t just do something like this all out of the blue! I’ve been here since the beginning, since your mother and her partners formed this company! Thanks to her you’ve got more money than you could possibly have a use for! If anything, Hardgrove Industries was a way to help spread that fortune around, to help the community with good jobs and a steady income. What are we going to tell the thousands of employees that will be laid off by TransCorp after the merger? Hmm? What about the families of those people? Do you even give a damn about them?”

“You make a very good point, Joel,” Jeffrey responded, coolly, tiring a bit of the argument. “I brought that matter up in the meaning. TransCorp has been working with the community for several years now, to provide jobs and income for its people. They promised not to fire anyone from Hardgrove, and if some positions need to be downsized, they’ll simply be transferred to another position within the parent company.” He sealed the matter with a thought, pushing everyone to agree, if grudgingly, with the proposal. “Now then, all in favor of the merger show your hands.” All hands raised. “Any opposed?” No one moved. “Very well. The motion has passed. I’ll conclude the rest of the business myself tomorrow evening, when I meet with Miss Amanda Billings from TransCorp.” He flashed the bewildered men a smile. “Good evening gentlemen.”

Jeffrey pocketed the signed documents as he entered the elevator. His pocket buzzed, and he removed his cell phone. “Hello?” The pleasantly enticing voice of his Goddess replied, melting his will into butter. “Yes, Ma’am,” he spoke dreamily, arousal and pleasure suffusing every cell of his being. “I have the documents with me. It’s all totally legal now. You own Hardgrove Industries, lock, stock and barrel.”

“Good work, My pet,” Amanda purred softly. “I’m quite pleased with your performance. I didn’t think you’d be able to convince the board members to go along with the buy-out so easily. You’re quite the negotiator when you want to be.”

Jeffrey blushed deeply. “Thank You, my Goddess,” he murmured. “I know it is Your will that I wait to present You with the deed tomorrow evening... but I wish I could come to You now, and give You what You so richly deserve.”

Amanda chuckled. “Yes, I know. You desire so much to please Me. But for now, it will please Me more to have you prepare My new slaves to meet their Mistress. Afterwards, you have another appointment with Dr. Kane at the medical lab. Make sure you don’t keep her waiting.”

“Of course, my Goddess,” Jeffrey sighed, weak-kneed at the thought of obeying Her commands. “Everything shall be as You say. I shall call You tomorrow afternoon for final confirmation. Be well, Mighty One.”

The phone clicked off. Jeffrey sighed, resisting the urge to stroke himself through his pants. Few things got him as sexually charged as the thought of performing some task for his Goddess. Serving Her will was bliss. Knowing that he had served Her will, and that he has pleased Her was even greater bliss. Knowing that She was gracious enough to allow an insignificant little nothing like him, a mere MAN, to serve Her Glorious Elegance nearly boggled his mind. Sometimes, in the deepest, darkest parts of his mind, he wished that he had been born a woman, that he might have been slightly less reproachful and less disgusting to Her, that he might, in Her infinite mercy, be allowed to give Her pleasure the way Her favorite, Electra Kane, was sometimes allowed to.

Electra. The image of her stirred something in his mind... something dark. Sinister. Whatever the thought, it flitted away into nothingness before he could even focus on it. Strange. He made a mental note to ask Dr. Kane about the strange unsettling thoughts that sometimes popped unbidden into his mind.

“Your car, sir,” the valet said, stepping out, handing Jeffrey the keys to his Mercedes. He accepted the keys gratefully, slid into the passenger seat by habit, then, blushing slightly, moved over into the driver’s seat. Times such as this, he really missed having Hilda around. It was a shame that his Goddess had taken such a strong liking to the young blonde chauffer; after so many years being driven around, he’d had to learn to drive all over again.

Thoughts of Hilda turned again to that dark unsettling feelings and images that sometimes popped into his mind. He knew very clearly what had occurred on that night three days past: the attack, the abduction, the mind control session with Dr. Kane and Ms. Billings. He knew everything that had happened, and he knew precisely what he had lost in submitting his will to his Goddess. He felt no malice, however, no ill intent towards them at all. Indeed, his feelings on everything had been reordered to Goddess Amanda’s specifications.

He knew that he had been de-masculined, rendered virtually impotent, interested in nothing other than serving his Goddess. He remembered perfectly the way things had been before, but he didn’t feel a sense of loss. Only the memory remained; the feelings associated to those memories had been swept away, drowned in the overwhelming, all-consuming need to serve.

Jeffrey arrived home little more than an hour later, miraculously, with the car still intact. Brenda, a beautiful young brunette, met him at the door, nude, kneeling on the carpet. He smiled down at her, marveling again at her beauty. I’m sure my Goddess will appreciate her as much as I have, he thought with pleasure.

“Welcome home, my Master!” she said happily, kissing his shoes lovingly. “We were all starting to get a little worried. Is everything alright?”

“Yes, Brenda,” Jeffrey said, lifting the girl to her feet. “Everything is perfectly fine. Go and gather the rest of the girls, please. I have an announcement to give to everyone.”

“At once, Master,” Brenda replied, turning on her heel, walking seductively down the hallway.

Damn, I forgot how sexy that sweet little ass of hers can be when she walks—

—ERROR! ERROR!! Program has produced a general fault in line 67,890: Illegal value {}=0 error 603—

Jeffrey jerked his head up, holding his temples. A loud ringing filled his ears, and his head throbbed as if he’d rabbit punched by a gorilla. For a moment he was completely unable to think, his mind frozen, locked down while the microscopic computer system inside him rebooted.

“Master?”

—Boot sector scanned: no viruses detected. Subfolders scanned: 21,165,389,758,343. No viruses detected. UltraHi-Mem engaged—

“Master?”

—Checking: Media descriptor—errors: none. Checking: File allocation tables—errors: none—

“Master?”

—Commencing surface scan: 87% complete. ERROR! ERROR! Crystal Matrix unstable in quadrant 7709. Sector bad. Data streams rerouted to alternate sectors. Reboot complete. Program resumed.

“MASTER?!?”

Jeffrey blinked again. All of the slaves he’d accumulated over the years were standing before him, eyeing him strangely. The pain in his head ceased abruptly, and he shook his head to clear the cobwebs. Brenda bit her lip, wanting to question his strange behavior, but not daring to. He granted her a soft smile, rubbing the bridge of his nose, as he often did during a migraine.

“Headache, Master?”

“Like you wouldn’t believe,” he answered, finally able to speak once more. “Now then. You’re all probably wondering why I gathered you here like this.” He sighed, pacing back and forth across the floor. “Three days ago, as many of you now know, Hilda and I were kidnapped right outside the house. The plan was to hold me for ransom, at least at first, but as it turned out, my captors found a somewhat better use for me.”

He related quite frankly what had occurred, what had happened to Hilda, and the news about the selling of Hardgrove Industries. The girls listened, shocked, dismayed, but too well trained to object. “And so,” he concluded, a twinge of sorrow in his voice, “now everything I own belongs to Goddess Amanda. Including all of you. My Goddess has asked me to prepare you all for your new lives as Her slaves.”

“But... but what about you?” Janet cried, pushing her way forward. “You made me this way! You forced your way into my brain, turned my mind inside out. You made me desire to serve YOU, Jeffrey, not some insane woman with delusions of grandeur!”

Jeffrey gray hot with anger. No one spoke about his Goddess like that! “How DARE you?” he thundered, striking out with his power, grasping her entire mind with psychic talons. Janet shuddered, feeling herself held, knowing that she’d angered him beyond reason. She was still newly taken, but she had seen firsthand what his psychic powers could do when he was enraged.

“Master, please, don’t!” Lisa cried, running to her friend’s aid. “Please! She didn’t mean any harm! When you took us, saved us from our old Master, you promised, you swore you would never abuse us, treat us like he had! Please! Don’t hurt her, Master!”

The ringing returned to Jeffrey’s ears, as did the pain, muted to a dull throbbing pulse, but still there. He wanted to punish Janet for her words, for insulting Goddess Amanda... felt the deep desperate need to strike her down for her arrogance. But... why? His Goddess hadn’t ordered him to do so. She had commanded him to prepare the girls for servitude, not to dispense punishment in Her name. She would be displeased if he killed one of Her slaves.

And why did he care so much about what Lisa had said? His promise to protect them, to care for them, was still clear in his memory. But the person he had been back then no longer existed. He was no longer Jeffrey Myers, dammit! He was only a nameless drone, a slave that played the part of Jeffrey Myers, to aid in his duty of pleasing his Goddess. Right?

ERROR! ERROR! General program fault detected in line 786,203. Input/output error.

A sharp spike of pain lanced across his right eyes, making his knees buckle. His focus gone, the hold on Janet’s mind released, and she gasped, shuddering softly. Brenda, and several of the other girls ran to him, asking if Jeffrey was alright.

“I... I’m fine,” he said after a moment, knowing different. Something was wrong, dreadfully wrong. He closed his eyes, ignoring the pain building slowly in his head, and focused his power on the entire group of girls at once. “I want you to listen, and listen closely,” he said, speaking with his mind as well as his tongue. “Amanda Billings is your Mistress. She is your Goddess. She whom commands me, also commands you. This is permanent. This is eternal. Even as I am bound to Her will, so shall the lot of you be bound. Obey.”

“Yes Master,” the stunned girls uttered in unison. Including Lisa and Janet, who stared wide-eyed, sightlessly, at the far wall. Jeffrey snapped his fingers, awakening them again. “I have an errand to run,” he said through clenched teeth. “I’ll return late tonight. All of you, pack your things, and prepare to move out in the morning, to be presented to your Goddess. Till then... enjoy yourselves. You are free to do as you normally do until I return home again.” Not waiting for a reply, he made his way wearily towards the garage.

Driving the fifteen miles across town without crashing, or wrecking on the side of the road proved to be a Herculean task. By the time Jeffrey arrived at Dr. Kane’s office, he was in poor shape, his head an explosion of pain. His thoughts were littered with nonsensical words and phrases—program faults, error numbers, strings of digits and other computer terms that he couldn’t even begin to guess at. The act of thinking clear enough to ask the gate guard to call for Dr. Electra Kane nearly drained him of his strength. By the time the dark haired doctor had arrived, he was completely unconscious.

* * *

Jeffrey dreamed. Or rather, he slept, but his mind, fully awake, began sorting through the nigh-infinite amount of information contained inside itself. His senses were fully attuned to his environment, and he noted every moment of his body being carried by the guards to the lab, being stripped and strapped down onto the medical bed as before, the probes and sensors being applied to his head and chest.

Electra watched the screens, puzzled by what she was seeing. Jeffrey’s brain wave patterns were erratic, highly erratic, and unlike anything she had ever seen before. No one knew the delicate intricacies of the nanobot replication process, the utilization and effects of the Synapse Inducer, and the functions of the Crystal Matrix they formed, better than she. Except, of course, for her Goddess. Over the past three months, nearly eighty percent of the people in their department had undergone the process, all with complete success.

“So... what the hell is wrong with you, Jeffrey?” she asked softly, thrumming her fingers against the computer console. “Why isn’t the Crystal Matrix stable inside your brain?”

Jeffrey wondered the same thing, seeing the computer screens through Electra’s eyes, hearing her thoughts as clearly as if she were speaking them aloud. His telepathy was wide open, flooding his disordered mind with yet more raw data, which the nanobots struggled mightily to sort into practical, useful information. He saw quite clearly the conversation he’d had with her, three days ago, just before he’d been shipped across the compound to Goddess Amanda’s laboratory.

“A word of advice, friend,” she’d said. “Mind your manners when you meet Ms. Billings. She is not nearly as forgiving a person as I am. Get on her bad side, and you’ll live to regret it.”

“If she’s smart, she’ll simply kill me when she gets the chance,” he’d retorted. “Otherwise she, and you, will both live to regret it. That’s a promise.”

A promise. The memory invoked a dark sensation within Jeffrey’s somnolent mind, something black, hot, dark, an emotion that the poor overworked nanobots worked overtime to suppress. The memory, and the feeling, however, would not fade this time, surfacing again and again despite the Crystal Matrix’ best efforts.

Electra frowned with concern as the brain waves grew more and more erratic. She’d never seen readings like these in her life! Picking up the phone, she quickly dialed her Goddess. When the heavenly voice on the other end answered, she replied, “We have a problem. It’s Myers. I need you here, quickly!”

Five minutes later, Amanda Billings was there, staring over Electra’s shoulder, a worried scowl etched into her lovely features. “I don’t understand this!” she said, frustrated. “We’re seeing a cascade failure of the entire Crystal Matrix. Its... unheard of. Impossible. His organic brain is somehow taking in too much information, too much raw data, for the nanocomputers to process. His mind is basically overloading the supercomputers implanted! That’s fucking insane!”

Other thoughts slowly crept into Jeffrey’s consciousness now. His brain had endured drugs, nanotechnology, and abnormal emotional stress, altering its biochemistry to strange new levels. His telepathy responded by increasing in power and sensitivity, as hundreds, then thousands of thoughts began leaking through, becoming a white noise in the background of his mind. Thoughts of his Goddess brought Amanda Billings’ thoughts into focus, while his much beleaguered mind struggled to bring order to chaos. He felt her worry, her confusion, which only added to his own.

If She is a Goddess, and Perfection Personified... how can She be confused? How can She be worried?

Electra attached the small coaxial cable to the implant in the back of Jeffrey’s head. “Its in,” she said, running back to her console. “I’m pulling up the latest text log from the nanobots. If his system rebooted and failed, we can at least see where the problem is located.”

“Good idea,” Amanda murmured, scrolling through lines and lines of text. Five pages of general fault errors and program errors stared back at her, confirming her worst fears. The Crystal Matrix was about to shatter. Near the bottom of the page she found something that caught her eye. “Hey. Look at this! What the fuck is this?”

Electra frowned. “Surface scan of neural net halted at eighty-seven percent? Bad sectors found?” Electra thought for a moment. “If this was purely your standard run-of-the-mill computer, I’d say that the hard drive had been damaged. ‘Potholes’, my professor used to call them. They’re places where the master drive has been physically damaged, where it’s unable to store data. The program classifies the section of the drive as BAD and bypasses it completely.”

“Brain damage,” Amanda said, snapping her fingers. “That’s the fucking problem! Damn. I should have seen it from the beginning.” She flipped on a series of monitors, switching thru menus until a colored graph of Jeffrey’s brain popped up. “There! See? Right there. A tumor. Mr. Myers has a malignant tumor growing in the middle of his parietal lobe. The nanobots trying to crystallize that area of the brain are malfunctioning.”

Another image, a long repressed memory, materialized in Jeffrey’s mind. That fateful day, long ago, when he and his street friends had been taken in by those two drug dealers, and fed an experimental new drug. Of all the people tested, only he had lived. Jeffrey’s mind focused on the moment, when, coming to, he saw Dinah, his beloved, his first true love, face down on the cold hard ground. Lifeless. Dead. Her beautiful eyes wide and sightless. The pain.

Jeffrey shuddered slightly, grimacing. The pain of her death welled up in him, fighting against the analytical computer programming, the cold emotionless logic that held sway, however tenuously, over him. Dinah. Sweet loving Dinah. His first true friend, the girl he’d loved truly before learning what love was. Dinah, dead and gone now. And he, denied the sweet ache of her loss, denied any emotional connection with she whom he had once loved with all his heart.

“Looks like the system is crashing,” Electra said with a sigh, staring at the monitors, unaware of Jeffrey’s animated thrashing and writhing. “I’ll prepare the next batch of nanobots, my Goddess. I’m sure we can still salvage Myers if we act quickly.”

Dinah. The pain. The loss. Denied to him? No. Never. NEVER! Not even his Goddess could deny him the pain of that loss. No. Fucking. Way.

“Complete cascade failure,” Amanda said, shaking her head. “I would have never believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. I still don’t understand how a small mass of tissue in an inactive quadrant of the brain could disrupt my nanobots, though. I’ll have to run a system wide diagnostic on the next group, just to be sure it’s not a software conflict of some kind.”

Dinah. Gone. Forever denied to him in life.

I’ll be damned if anyone... ANYONE... will take her memory from me!

Jeffrey’s eyes opened. Electra started, surprised at seeing his sit up, awake and alert. “Goddess! He’s awake!” she cried, moving hurriedly towards the drug cabinet. She picked up a small syringe, and made her way back towards the bed.

“I don’t think so,” Jeffrey growled, as Electra gripped his arm, swabbing a small patch of skin near the vein. She smirked at him, a vicious little smile on her face.

“Well, I do think so,” she replied, sinking the needle in. “There. In just a few minutes, you’ll be calm and relaxed again, all peaceful and rested.”

“Electra? What the hell are you doing?” Amanda demanded, grabbing the doctor’s wrists, pulling her away from the bed. “Are you insane? What’s gotten into you?”

Electra looked up at her Goddess, feeling hurt and confused. “B... but, Goddess,” she stammered softly, resisting the urge to sob, “I just did what I thought you would want me to do. I injected him with sedative to keep him quiet while we prepare—”

“You fool,” Amanda said, holding up Electra’s right arm. “You injected YOURSELF with the syringe!” Electra’s eyes went wide in surprise, suddenly feeling the pain that she’d previously ignored. The needle was still embedded into her flesh, its contents empty. “If I hadn’t pulled you away, you would have released Myers’ bindings! What’s gotten into you?”

“I have... ‘Goddess’,” Jeffrey replied, coldly, coming up behind the pair. Amanda, finding herself no longer in control of the situation, blanched, stepping back away from the angry naked man before her. “I’ve gotten into the doctor... or more precisely, her mind.”

Amanda frowned, slowly making her way towards the door, keeping a wary eye on Jeffrey. “And what do you mean by that?” she asked, reaching for the doorknob.

“I mean, I’m inside her mind. I’ve temporarily usurped your control over her, bypassing the programming you’ve given her. I implanted the thought in her mind that her own right arm was mine, so that she would drug herself, which makes it even easier for me to manipulate her.” Abruptly, Electra reached out, grabbing Amanda’s arm, holding her still in a grip of iron. “Like that.”

“How... how are you doing this? This is impossible! Amanda, release me at once! I command it!”

“Yes, my Goddess,” the black haired woman intoned, holding her Goddess all the harder.

“I told you,” Jeffrey said, walking towards her, wearing the same evil smirk that she had so often favored him with. “I’m in control of her now. You know that patch of inactive cells in my brain, that supposed ‘tumor’ you were so concerned about? That’s the area that is responsible for my psychic abilities.”

Amanda let out a harsh laugh, still trying to pull free of Electra’s steel grasp. “Psychic powers, eh? You’re more delusional that I thought. Obviously those nanobots have Swiss cheesed your brain, altering your entire perception of reality.”

Jeffrey arched a brow. “Is that so?” Twist. Amanda’s free hand rose slowly, moving to her lips, where two fingers slid deep into her unresisting lips. She watched, stunned, as her errant hand descended, sliding up underneath her skirt, and deep into the cleft between her thighs. A huge gasp erupted from her mouth at the intrusion, her hand finding the perfect rhythm, sending her body into a pleasurable shudder.

“Either you enjoy masturbating in front of naked men,” Jeffrey commented dryly, rubbing his growing erection, “or you’re trying to seduce me. You want me to fuck you, don’t you, ‘Goddess’?” he taunted, moving closer. “Is that why you’re giving me the free sex show? Is this your way of inviting me to join in?”

“NO!” Amanda yelled, trying desperately to regain control over her possessed limb. It was futile; she had no control over her hand whatsoever, and each pass along her clit, each deep probe into her nether region, made her fight a little less to stop it. “Damn you, how are you doing this?” she growled, choking back on a moan, not wanting to give Jeffrey the satisfaction. Of course, Jeffrey saw exactly how deeply affected she was becoming.

“I told you. I’m psychic. Since you didn’t take my word on it, I thought I’d give you a little demonstration. Of course, I needed a hand from you,” he said, chuckling at his own pun. “You know, Amanda, you never did question me thoroughly as to how I managed to obtain my rather sizable collection of slaves. The mere fact that I had twenty-six very lovely, well trained sex slaves at my disposal blotted out all other considerations. The fact of the matter is, I found a nice attractive woman I fancied, reached inside her mind, and gave it a little... twist. Viola! Instant slave. Far less messy and painful that injecting a bunch of damn robots into a person’s brain.”

He grabbed the small metal container of altered nanobots from the shelf, and took a full syringe from the cabinet and approached Amanda. “Take this,” he said to Electra, handing her the hypodermic needle. “Inject her full of the same wonderful little sedative that you pumped me up with, and bring her over to the bed.” Then he walked over to the computer console, and typed a quick series of keys.

“What are you going to do to me?” Amanda demanded, struggling as her once-slave bound her wrists and ankles in place, and strapped the glittering metal helmet to her head. “You don’t know what you’re doing! You have no idea of how to run that machine! Let me out of here this instant!”

“Not going to happen,” Jeffrey replied, emptying the nanobots into the receptacle. “I picked all the information on this little baby from your head. I can run it just as well as you ever could... which brings me to the experiment.” He keyed a button, and the machine whirred to life, sending the thick silver fluid down the tube, into the probes inside the silver helmet atop Amanda’s head. Another button press, and she grunted, the probes sinking deep into her head, through her skull, directly into the outer lining of cerebral matter. Jeffrey smiled, watching the nanobots’ progress on the screen.

“I have a question for you, ‘Goddess’ Amanda. Your nanobots interact with a person’s brain, remapping the synaptic pathways, constructing new paths, physically altering the way a person thinks. This batch of nanobots was programmed to make its intended target, me, completely, and permanently, in thrall to you. The nanobots completely alter perceptions, destroy free will, rendering the subject unable to think or do anything of their own free will, only to do whatever you will them to. Ah... but you are the intended target this time, a victim of your own nanobots. So... what will happen when your mind is reprogrammed to serve and obey the will of your Goddess... which is now a mindless slave, a woman without a will of her own?”

“NO!” Amanda shrieked, struggling desperately with her bonds. “NO! Please! Stop this thing! Let me out, let me out! You can’t do this to me! Please!”

Jeffrey merely shook his head, as he collected his clothes from the floor, dressing himself. “I’m afraid I can’t do that, my ‘Goddess’. That would ruin the experiment.” Slipping on his shoes, he moved to the door. “Personally, having gone through the experience myself, I’m betting that you go stark raving nuts from the paradox of trying to submit yourself TO yourself.”

He stepped into the open night air, breathing the sweet taste of freedom. His control over Electra would wear off in several hours; the twists and turns he’d made to her perceptions would be countered by her nanobots, returning her mind to its previous state. It would be interesting, however, to see what she would do once she released her former Goddess from the table.

A larger problem was Hilda. She’d been implanted with nanobots shortly after he had, and had been remade into another willing servant of Goddess Amanda. The Crystal Matrix within her mind was not yet permanent, not yet set in stone, but it would take many sessions with the girl to undo the damage done. He sighed deeply as he made his way across the lot to where Hilda was being kept. Once he arrived home, he would have to find a way to remove the commands he’d given the others, ensuring their loyalty to the Goddess. Tomorrow, he’d have to reestablish the board of trustees, and somehow pull his company back together. He had a long long week ahead of him.

It will pass in time, he thought, cheerfully. One day I’ll be able to look back on this, look back on these events, and remember only the victory at the end, not the ordeal leading up to it. In time, the emotions will fade, never completely dying out, but fading away, till just the memory remains.

He went inside to free Hilda from her servitude.

((END.))