The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Master PC – Child of the Program

TechnicDragon

Part 5: Clearing Sky

Chapter 33: Obscurity of Vision

Paramedics arrived in what I considered record time. I was sure they were a special squad sent by House Isaacs. I watched them check Randal over and them prep him for transport. I walked up to him. I was feeling torn. Torn between what he had done to my foster family and the fact that he was my grandfather. I wanted to talk to him, to know him better, but from the chaos I had seen in his mind before the clarity of how my parents had died, I wasn’t sure if he would or even could talk coherently. Still, there was one thing I had to do. I may not be able to help put his mind back in order, but I could still help my foster family. I needed his memories of where they were.

Just before the paramedics put Randal into the ambulance, I reached out and grazed his hand again. His memories were still jumbled but I caught glimpses of a house and a number. There were also images of my family. They were doing things to one another, trying to fulfill all the desires they had tried to get me to do to them. There was even a glimpse of my foster father, a look of anger and pain on his face, but I couldn’t tell what he was doing or what was happening to him.

Andrea caught my move and looked at me. ~Any luck?~

~Possibly. I saw a house and a number. Not a street or anything though.~ I told her the number and she headed for her cruiser.

The rest of the search party had gathered at a distance. I spotted Yvonne, Chloe and Savannah and headed toward them. After what I had seen from Randal, I needed comforting. His emotions were of self-loathing, probably amplified by his own ability. Honestly, that made sense. He felt guilty for the death of his son, my father, and his ability to amplify things, emotions included, had caused him to lose his grasp on reality. The only real cure would be for Randal to forgive himself. It wasn’t his fault his son had died; he had done what he could to protect him.

I got to my girls and though their thoughts were questions of what happened, and who the man was, and if I had learned where my family were, my only response was, ~Hold me.~

Without question, all three gathered in and group hugged with me in the center. Their touch comforted me, made me feel stronger and encouraged me. I knew where my family was. Most were in Texas, some were here with me, but others were in trouble. I needed to rescue the latter, and I would need the support of those with me. I needed their assurance that whatever I had to do to save my family it would not affect how they saw me. I might have to do something drastic, but not knowing what was happening to them, I didn’t know what I would face. It’s always a good idea to expect the worst, but hope for the best. Well, my level of hope was quite low. It was there, but only the tiniest star in the vast blackness of the sky.

Officer Colburn returned a little while later. I was feeling better and had answered the girls’ questions. Her news was irritating but not bad. “House Isaacs will be seeing to his... er, your grandfather’s care. My contact at House Vaughan has verified that Randal is the only member with such a mark, but the House claims that he’s been missing for the last seventeen years.”

That would put it a year or more after I was born. “Doesn’t House Vaughan keep better tabs on their members? I mean, he needed help. They should have realized what happened. There was a Dragon there. A Dragon with a red mark. I can’t say that Randal knew him, but the color of their marks put them both in the same House. You can’t tell me House Vaughan denies any knowledge of my parents’ death.”

Andrea shrugged and looked worn. Either the cold was finally getting to her or my intricate family issues were. It didn’t matter. She was trying to take care of issues that should have been resolved by the House Lords and Ladies.

Andrea started to say something else, but her cell phone rang. On reflex she pulled it out and looked at the caller ID. She looked at me and said, “It’s Michael,” as she flipped it open to answer it.

I waited while she told Michael what had happened, and then she held it out to me. Not sure what other advice Michael might have or could offer, I took the phone.

“It’s Ral.”

“Ral, I’m driving through Charleston now. I’ll be there in another twenty minutes. What all did you glean from Randal?”

“Not a lot, just the way my parents died and glimpses of a house and a number.” It took me a minute to compose myself; the thoughts of what had happened to my parents didn’t bother me, it was like I had seen a movie of characters I was rooting for but felt nothing for otherwise, and that bothered me. It shouldn’t have, because I had never developed that kind of attachment with my real parents, but it did nonetheless.

Michael seemed to know what I was going through. However, he had had that attachment. He had attended their funerals. He had never known what really happened to them.

“Get here safe, Michael. I’ll share the memories with you. I know you didn’t know how my parents died but now you can find out.”

Michael’s answer was a surprise to me. “There’s no need, Ral. Just focus on finding your foster family. This house and number, Andrea says they haven’t put it together yet.”

“Well, I couldn’t offer more. There was no street sign or anything.”

“Then you need to get more info from Randal.”

“Or figure out why I can’t feel Mandy. I could locate them if they’re together and she wasn’t... well, if I could find her.”

“You sound like you’re giving up.”

That fired me up. “No. I’m not giving up.”

“Good. Let me talk to Andrea and we’ll set up a meeting so we can figure out where your family is.”

“Okay,” I said and handed the phone back.

A few minutes later we were all leaving. The local town hall had maps and records of addresses. Michael would meet us there. With any luck I might not need to try to dig the address out of Randal’s dizzying psyche.