The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Master PC – Child of the Program

TechnicDragon

Part 3: Fury In The Eye

Chapter 23: Fire of Vengeance

As we left the conference room, a siren pierced the air. Thankfully it was muffled by the closed door. Outside a fire truck was moving down the road, chains on the tires helping it to move faster than what normally would have been safe.

Like Mr. Johnson and the secretary, I stepped outside to watch it pass. Over the tree line, I saw heavy black smoke. My heart fell. It was just about where my house was...

Panic started pumping adrenaline through me. The fire truck slowed down and turned into the break in the snow that Monique’s SUV had created.

I reached out to Mandy... nothing. I didn’t feel her. I couldn’t hear her. She might have been asleep, but I should have felt a calmness from her. There was nothing.

Chloe... She was there, but sleeping... Please, oh, please tell me I was wrong!

I turned to Yvonne, she looked back at me and I felt that sensation of everything taking on a slow dragging... I was speeding up. I held out my hands and she looked down. Just as she started to hold up her hand to mine, I let the keys drop and they fell... slow...

I turned and left her standing on the snowy steps. I didn’t care who saw me. I didn’t care what anyone thought. I had to get to the house and a little snow wasn’t going to stop me.

I could feel my body pumping, running, moving. The roads were slick, but not enough to make me go sliding past the turn. I got past the bridge, past the slow rise and saw a horrific sight, something no one should ever see.

The house was ablaze. Smoke poured out of broken windows and flames reached for the sky.

The fire truck had just stopped and the volunteer firemen were moving so slow, so very slow.

I was next to the truck. Looking around, I noticed the shovel Ryan had been using to clear the driveway but he was nowhere to be seen. I went around back, no one was there. I circled the house twice more, looking to see if anyone had made it out. Nothing. I was inside and went up the stairs first. The heat of the fire didn’t even hit me until I was at the top and looking through the rooms.

My room, Mandy’s room, the spare space and bathroom were all clear. However, I found Chloe curled up and asleep on Monique’s bed. I went and got her coat, wrapped it and the blanket around her, and carried her back downstairs. Outside, I laid Chloe down a few feet from the truck. Whether it was from the cold or the motions of me carrying her, I didn’t stop to find out, but she woke and started sitting up.

Back in I went. The upstairs were clear. Smoke started to get to me, but I couldn’t stop until I knew everyone was safe. I had to find my family. I had to.

I didn’t know how I missed it before. A great, towering black cloud stood in the middle of the great room. The fire was along the walls and some of the furniture, so this wasn’t a billow of smoke I was seeing. Then I felt it. A mind. Something conscious. It was looking at me. It had watched as I had moved through the house looking for my family to get them safe. A voice pierced my mind.

~Your family is no longer yours to worry about, Nautikuus. You should have accepted my gifts. You should have given them the pain that they asked for. You should have punished them for the hardships of your life.~

I wanted to throw up shields to keep that... thing out of my head, but it knew where my family was. I was sure of that. I couldn’t hide from it. I had to face it. “Where are they?” I screamed. The fire was roaring all around us. Between the heat, the smoke and the sheer noise, I was having difficulty keeping my focus.

~That is not your concern. Be glad with the knowledge that they shall all be properly paid back for your pain as well as the pain they have caused others.~

I remembered the shovel outside. Ryan was missing too. He wasn’t a part of the family this thing was referring to. Had this thing taken him, too, or was Ryan in there somewhere, hiding behind the billowing blackness?

“Ryan! Is that you?” I was beginning to shake. If it was Ryan... if he had been behind this all along...

~Ryan is with the others. He refused to stand back and allow vengeance.~

“Vengeance? What vengeance? What the hell did they do to you? What family deserves to have their house burnt to the ground?” This wasn’t an act of vengeance, but pure hatred. This thing was taking justice into its own hands—only in the proverbial sense because it didn’t appear to have hands—and I wasn’t going to let anyone be punished for something I had already forgiven them for, for what had already been explained.

I didn’t bother yelling. This thing wasn’t speaking. I didn’t have to either. ~They are not your responsibility. You have no right to punish anyone for my pain or anyone else’s pain. Tell me where they are. Show me or you will regret ever having stepped foot in this house.~

~I am not the one with regrets, Nautikuus. I am perfectly justified. You should thank me. You should bow down and kiss my feet. I’m removing the memories of pain and the family that has been the harbingers of that pain. Soon, they shall cause no further problems. Soon they will be no more.~

I still couldn’t feel Mandy. No pain, no consciousness, nothing. It was like the bond had been broken or somehow blocked. Ryan may not have been a part of the family, only a victim because he tried to defend them, but Mandy was mine. She wanted the improved connection with me. She wanted to have children with me. She had proven that people can learn and change. I wouldn’t let this thing take her! ~NO!!~ I rushed it. I didn’t care if it was just an illusion or very much just a cloud of smoke. All I had to do was touch it. I could get the memories and know where my family was. I would know who this was. I would finally be able to right the wrongs that had been inflicted.

What I didn’t consider was any other powers of the thing. I had speed and strength, the ability to share memories and command at a touch. What I didn’t consider was how the fire had started in the house so very fast. I hadn’t worried about the building falling down around me. The steam issuing from where the firemen were working to douse the flames. So many things that should have kept me from being able to stand were forgotten. So many mistakes that would cost me my life.

I rushed the thing anyway and felt the sting of fire licking my body. My clothes were burning, erupting into flames. Just as fast, I stripped them off, tearing them away and discarding them. My body hurt, but my mind was still clear enough to know what I was going to do.

Sweating, burnt and beginning to become exhausted, I strode towards the towering black cloud. It didn’t back away. It didn’t fear me. That was good. It would make things easier for me.

I reached into it, feeling for something solid, but there was nothing there. Nothing to touch, nothing to feel. I had nothing to connect with. The presence was still there. The consciousness that I had been communicating with. It was malicious, vile and ready to do everything it had mentioned. This was not something to negotiate with, it would do what it wanted with no remorse or regret. There was no pity, no true desire for justice. It just was. A force of nature, a will to be seen and heard and understood, but nothing else.

I had dealt with a consciousness before in the form of a split personality, but there had been still a body for it to occupy. This was different. Instead of being in someone’s head to deal with his or her mind, I was standing in a burning house doing the same...

The voice that had pierced my head before had been nothing. Aching, burnt and weary, I fell to my knees holding my head.

~Do not try to command me! Your attempts to take my memories are futile! Pain is your penance. Death will take you. Your family will meet you again soon. Feel not for them or yourself. Feel only the cold of the Void. I am vengeance. I shall not be denied.~

I felt that I was flying. Then I hit something and tumbled down stairs. It was the basement. I felt my head hit the concrete hard and then I felt nothing.