The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Master PC – Child of the Program

TechnicDragon

Part 3: Fury In The Eye

Chapter 22: Hidden in Bureaucracy

I went back downstairs. Yvonne and Chloe watched me approach, both of them with looks of concern etched on their faces.

~What’s going on, Ral? You’ve been all over the house in the last hour.~

~Mom is still trying to fight the urges driving her. Monique is up in her room fantasizing about me with one of the toys we sell from the store.~ A projection of the very toy told them what I was referring to. ~And either Ryan is totally oblivious to everything going on or is somehow involved.~

~What’s the plan then?~ Yvonne asked with a look of determination pushing away her various other expressions.

~I just got off the phone a bit ago with a law firm that handled some kind of legal action involving me when I was an infant. Michael had said I wasn’t adopted through a normal agency, so these papers may have something to do with my adoption. I’m going into town to talk with them and find out what is up with the papers. Are you two going with me or staying? I’d like someone to be here to keep an eye on Monique. She might try to hurt herself and may need assistance if my commands don’t hold.~

Chloe’s eyes widened at my last statement. ~Master, you’re strong. You shouldn’t doubt your abilities.~

~The strength of my commands haven’t been tested against the manipulations of another Mage yet, so we can’t be sure. I would rather have someone here that can call for help than no one at all.~

Chloe got up and dropped to her knees in front of me. She pressed her body to my leg as she looked up into my eyes. ~I’ll stay. Command me and I’ll stay.~ It was just like it had been with Vikkor, which made me want to take back what I had just said. Vikkor had bound and gagged Chloe, used Chloe to make me give in to what Vikkor had wanted. I didn’t want Chloe or any of my girls putting themselves in that kind of position again, but if I took Yvonne and Chloe with me, what about Monique? What if she truly impaled herself and laid on her bed, bleeding?

Chloe continued to wait patiently for me to make a decision. She had faith in me and all the things I could do. She was willing to put herself out for me because she knew, not just believed but knew, that I would not forget her. That was an incredibly high standard, and I didn’t want to let her down.

~Chloe, stand up,~ I said as I held out my hand to her. Without hesitation or question, she stood and took my offered hand.

~I want you to go upstairs and keep an eye on Monique. She has had thoughts of you and she might invite you to join her. If you can help sate her fires, then do so, but do not participate in or allow her to hurt you or herself.~

For another few seconds, I gazed into those brown eyes. So trusting, so certain. Chloe held me in high regard and gave herself to me willingly. I wouldn’t let her down. I wouldn’t let anyone down. Gently, I leaned down and kissed her. I gave her a hug with one last thought, ~Be safe, my paramour, my Chloe.~

She smiled at me and went to the stairs, which left me with Yvonne.

Yvonne stood up but didn’t have the desire to kneel before me. ~What about Mandy and your Mom?~

~The only fear I have there is Mandy getting turned on and Mom taking advantage of her.~

~Do you think it’s likely?~

Reaching out to Mandy, I could feel how calm she was. I took a chance and opened up to Mom. She was calm compared to when I was nearby.

~Mandy, I can feel how calm you are, as is Mom. I’m going to go into town about this paperwork. If anything happens, anything at all, call for me. Don’t hesitate, okay?~

~Okay, and Ral... thank you... I love you...~

~I love you too. Now take care of Mom for me, okay?~

~For us, and yes, I will.~

I focused on Yvonne again. ~It feels like Mom is doing better now that I’m not around. I’ve just told Mandy to call for me if anything happens. I’ll just have to be ready to leave at an instant’s notice.~

Yvonne nodded. ~Let me get my coat then. I’ll go with you.~

* * *

I had been out after a few snow storms, but the sheer volume of snow covering the ground changed the feel of the landscape. Trees looked smaller, details were lost in all the white, and generally, I felt like I had fallen asleep at home and woken up somewhere else. There was still a light fall of snow, but nothing compared to what had hit the night before. Considering the temperature and cloud coverage, the snow wasn’t going to go anywhere any time soon.

Yvonne and I got into the SUV. Ryan had been telling the truth. Monique apparently did all the driving in this monster because the seat was set for her height rather than his. I had to adjust the mirrors and everything else so I could drive without crashing. Granted the snow was going to be enough of a deterrent of control on the road, but every little bit helped.

Getting out of the garage was easy, but once I was out of the driveway, it was nearly impossible to know where the road was. Mom’s suggestion of the larger vehicle was good, a car would have been stuck in the snow in no time, but Monique’s SUV plowed through with only a little fight.

There was a creek that separated our property from town. A paved bridge had been built to cross it because we weren’t the only ones who lived out this way. Fortunately, the break in the trees along the creek told me where the bridge was, otherwise, we might have gotten stuck in the sudden drop of the creek.

For her part, Yvonne sat quietly, watching our progress and trusting that I knew the way. I thanked her for her patience and soon we were out of the deep snow and on a road that looked like it had been recently plowed.

My home town was small, with only one main road running through it and a spattering of buildings. The law firm I had to get to was small considering that it had three partners. It made me wonder about the validity of the paperwork I had tucked between my seat and the console. It had been twenty years since that paperwork had been put together. Why hadn’t they grown or moved? Maybe they were happy with the small business. No way.

Finding a parking spot was easy. Only a Jeep and another SUV sat there in front of the building. Yvonne and I got of Monique’s truck and I led the way in.

A pretty young woman, probably in her early twenties, was sitting at the desk of the foyer. She smiled, and though she was pretty, I could tell she wasn’t happy. In fact, I could feel it. She had hoped to stay at home today. She wanted to be with her fiancé by a nice cozy fire, but Mr. Johnson had called her in knowing she had a jeep that could make the trip. Her impression of him was that he worked too much but didn’t take on enough big cases to really make the firm take off.

All of this flashed through my mind. I felt slightly out of control, much like when my Charm had first manifested, but knowing I had the ability I quickly figured out how to turn it off and did just that.

“How can I help you?” she asked politely.

“My name is Ral Setton. I called and spoke with Mr. Johnson about some paperwork earlier.”

“Oh, yes, Mr. Setton. Follow me please.” She got up and went through the door on our right. That room had a large conference table with eight chairs spaced around it. “Wait here while I get Mr. Johnson.”

Yvonne and I took off our coats and sat down. The office was plenty warm, but the scene outside made a cold shiver run down my spine. The snow had piled up high on one building, covering all but the top trim. Another was being cleared away by four guys. It was a diner called Pete’s. I was pretty sure Pete was one of the four out there. Thoughts of the diner reminded me of Sally and some of the dates we had had. I didn’t want to think about that. I wanted to find out as much as I could from this lawyer and then get back home.

Mr. Johnson came in shortly after. He was fairly tall, though I still had a few inches on him. His hair had gone gray long ago, but he still had a youthful twinkle in his eyes. He was a charmer which probably helped him in his profession. Still, I wondered why it hadn’t grown more than it had. He wore his suit, including jacket, and asked us to sit again after Yvonne and I had stood up to shake hands with him.

“Okay, Mr. Setton, where are the papers?” He seemed a bit anxious.

I handed him the folder and he spread everything out as if trying to put together a big puzzle. Maybe it was, because he seemed satisfied with the arrangement and began looking over details.

“Just what I thought...” he said, more under his breath than out loud, but the office was deathly silent. It was easy to hear him.

“What?” I asked just as softly.

He looked up and the anxious look was replaced by anticipation. “These papers wee prepared in lieu of normal adoption papers. They outline your care, your raising and your inheritance.”

“What?”

Mr. Johnson made three stacks out of the papers and set the note I had seen earlier to one side of those stacks. He put his hand on the stack to his left. “This details your adoption. Garret Setton signed them and your biological parents only stamped them.” He turned the papers and pointed at the stamp at the bottom. “They said it was their mark. It’s old-fashioned to use a mark rather than a signature, but still perfectly legal.”

“Then why didn’t they just go through an agency?”

Mr. Johnson held up his hands. “Hold on Ral, let me explain it all. Most of your questions will be answered, but it’ll be easier if you see the whole picture.”

I nodded and sat back as he continued to explain.

He put his hand on the second stack and said, “These are the papers regarding how you were to be raised. I hated seeing anything like this, but your parents insisted. To this day, I don’t understand the reasoning behind a lot of it, but they said their reasons were personal.”

Finally, he put his hand on the third stack and said, “And this stack is regarding your inheritance. I have to admit, Ral, you are one wealthy young man.”

Was a lawyer supposed to offer personal opinions regarding the legal paperwork? When Charlotte, Lawrence and I had worked out the legal aspects of adding me to their partnership in the store, we didn’t need lawyers and that was the closest thing to needing legal counsel I had ever been involved in. Maybe it was part of why Mr. Johnson’s firm hadn’t made it big, because he was too personable and not detached enough to remain impartial. It was possible.

“Now, I’m glad to see you for another reason. It’s something I’ve not been able to wrap around my head, but I’m hoping you can help me with it.”

I sat back just looking at him. I had no idea what he was talking about. “Help you with what exactly?”

Mr. Johnson looked at the door leading to the entry, and then looked at Yvonne. “I’d rather discuss this in private, if you don’t mind.”

I looked at Yvonne and back at Mr. Johnson. “If you can trust me to help you, you can trust Yvonne to maintain confidentiality. What kind of help do you need?”

That anxious look returned. After a minute of quiet deliberation with himself he finally nodded and said, “I’ve got a problem. I used to be extremely ambitious. I made this firm with my friends from law school. Ever since your father, your biological father, came in and put this all together,” he held out his hands to the papers in front of him, “I’ve not been able to land a single decent case or bring in any substantial work. My partners have tried leaving to go to other growing firms, but no one will hire them. It’s like the three of us have been black-balled and quite frankly we’ve all blamed you.”

“What are you saying? That my showing up will what? Lift a curse?”

Mr. Johnson let out a heavy sigh as if a heavy weight had been lifted from his shoulders. “Yes, a curse. That’s a good word for it. I’m convinced that when I give you your inheritance and closing our file on you, things will pick up around here.”

I nodded. “Well, I’m anxious to know as much as I can and get this over with too.”

Mr. Johnson smiled. That glint returned and he began explaining in detail what everything meant.

My adoption was just that. I was sure the reason my biological parents hadn’t used a normal agency or normal documentation was to help hide me from the Mind Magi. They knew what would happen to me and deliberately did everything they could to make sure I was safe from harm.

The second stack confused me at first. Then Mr. Johnson started reading the documents and explaining the legal jargon. My parents actually wanted to make sure I wasn’t overly happy or too well off. They wanted me challenged and always pushing to reach for greater successes, to become independent and learn to be responsible, most especially for myself, no matter what adversity I went through. The Settons would essentially be paid for their efforts through the money and properties left for me.

As Mr. Johnson explained these details, ideas of what had transpired between my biological parents and my adopted parents came to the forefront. I suspected that if my biological parents had similar gifts to mine, they had adjusted the way my adoptive parents would treat me. Livia and Garret were to make sure I had the basics—food, clothes and a place to live—but the rest were for me to learn as I grew. When I left for college, the agreement had reached fulfillment and they were released, but they didn’t know how to explain what had happened and probably felt resentful both toward my biological parents and themselves for doing what they had been compelled to do, which explained why they were unwilling to discuss my adoption when I started calling about it.

Finally Mr. Johnson reached the last stack and began going over the details of my inheritance. Rich was overstating the situation, but I would never have to worry about money again. My biological parents had owned land in several locations in the United States and in Europe. There were certain items waiting for me in a bank in New York that probably only had a sentimental value, and then there was the mysterious scrap of paper with the number written on it.

“This is the account number for the bank here in town. Your parents didn’t say how much is there, and to be honest, I’m not sure if the account is still open, because that bank has been through a few buyouts since they left,” Mr. Johnson finished.

Mr. Johnson sat there looking at me. He seemed relieved because nothing weird had happened, I hadn’t made any bizarre predictions, nothing.

With a final sigh, I met his gaze. “Well, Mr. Johnson, I do apologize for the inconvenience you’ve suffered. If there’s anything that comes up that I know needs a good lawyer, I’ll send them your way.” It was the only way I could make up for what my biological parents had done. I stood up and held out my hand to shake. “Thank you. For everything.”

Mr. Johnson joined me and shook my hand. Then I felt it. It wasn’t the soft, warm liquid of my body-molding ability, more like a hot spark. It didn’t make us jump, but I could tell Mr. Johnson had felt it too. Then he smiled. “The same thing happened when I shook your father’s hand after accepting his case. Of course, that was before I knew everything that would be involved.”

I smiled. “Well, then hopefully that’s a sign of the end of this curse. Good luck to you, Mr. Johnson.”

“You too Ral, er... Mr. Setton.”