The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Master PC – Child of the Program

TechnicDragon

Part 2: The Storm Coming

Chapter 11: History, Houses, and Honor

Unlike the quick blinks I was accustomed to when I shared memories, this time I felt like I had slowly closed my eyes and reopened them. There was that much information.

The Mind Magi, a society made up of seemingly several tens of thousands of members throughout the world, had lasted longer than any other human society. They had existed since before the birth of the Roman Empire. Even those of Asian decent conceded that their long recorded history hadn’t really began until a few hundred years after that of the Mind Magi. They claimed no lands as their own, they fought no wars and had no enemies. They had achieved the peace and tranquility that the rest of humanity had desired for so long, and it was awe-inspiring.

The Mind Magi did suffer the same injustices and ailments as the rest of humanity, but as individuals. They were humans with extraordinary abilities, abilities that got some a moment of fame, but others condemnation. Humans were always fearful of what they didn’t understand, so the Mind Magi kept their existence a secret. The reason they had no enemies was that the rest of the world could become their enemy. The reason they claimed no land was that they lived among normal humans everywhere. They had achieved peace and stability only because of their lack of actions rather than actively working to pursue those conditions. Quite literally, they had achieved utopia by doing nothing.

Michael’s memories of the Mind Magi’s organization helped me understand their inner workings better. They were structured into Houses. The Houses were loosely ruled by a Lord and Lady. The hierarchy was superficially similar to a feudal system, as were the titles they used, but the tutelage of the centuries had forced the ruling Lords and Ladies to understand that their power and title were placed on them by those they led. After the fall of a few Houses, the remaining Lords and Ladies had learned the necessity of respect for their members. Thus, the Houses that still remained were the ones that had learned those harsh lessons early and well. The Houses were not made up of straight families. The first child of a Mage normally inherited his or her abilities or some variation of them, and sometimes other children beyond the first did as well. There was ongoing effort to discover how different mundane humans affected the hereditary nature of a Mage’s powers, because sometimes a Mage’s child would either have a completely different set of talents or would be mundane, like any other human. Their need to continue their lineage was very much akin to my recent understanding of the bonds I had with my women and how they would strengthen if they bore my children.

The Houses of the Magi didn’t depend solely upon the children of their members though; they also recruited new Magi. When a House learned about a new Mage, they would approach and try to recruit him or her. They offered training and help to a budding Mage in return for loyalty to the House. Sometimes a House would recruit a Mage from another House. Considering the sheer number of members in each House, from one to several thousand each, it was rarely argued over but sometimes a skirmish might break out, only to be squashed quickly by the Lords and Ladies of the concerned Houses. Occasionally the Magi Council might have to settle a dispute, but there were only two recorded incidents that required their intervention. The Lords and Ladies were directly interested in building up the size of their Houses because only the rulers of the five Houses with the largest membership sat on the Magi Council.

The rulers of a House had a special effect on all members of their House: they were able to share their abilities with their House members, and also gained the abilities of all members of the House. It was like the bond between a Mage and a mundane human, but the only effect was the sharing of abilities. Only house Lord and Ladies could do this. Michael didn’t know if it was a inborn gift or something that required a ritual, because he didn’t know anyone who could share powers without already being a House Lord or Lady. It did have the one marked effect of making House rulers exceedingly powerful. In turn, it also enforced the respect the Lord and Lady gave their House members, because if they lost members they would lose additional powers.

Each House held a different color. The marks all Magi bore were essentially color-coded to represent which house they belonged to. When a recruit recited a pledge of loyalty, directed by the House Lord or Lady, the color of the recruit’s mark would change to match that of the House. At the same time, the Lord and Lady would gain access to the recruit’s abilities.

At first, it seemed like a complex system of clubs rather than anything to take seriously. However, Michael’s knowledge showed me more; and, as I absorbed his memories, I took it more seriously. After all, all of these Houses thought I shouldn’t exist and considered me condemned.

Thoughts of the bonds Magi had with mundane humans brought about Michael’s memories and knowledge in those areas. It was quite simple, yet astonishing.

Most Mind Magi needed to be bound to normal humans, even the House Lords and Ladies. The bonds forged would bring them closer together, and any Mage would feel just as protective of their schiavi as I felt for my girls. This usually led to the Mage binding to someone they would be willing to marry and following through with that custom as well. However, there were a few who bound with those they considered good friends too. The will of the person bound to the Mage would strengthen the emotions they already held for the Mage.

The bonds also provided energy for the Mage’s powers. Mundane humans felt nothing being drained from them and there was no real side-effect on the part of the mundane. Most Magi only needed one or two mundane humans to power their abilities, but a few needed more. I was curious about those, but Michael had only met them and never discussed their arrangements in detail.

What he did know about the binding process was, it didn’t always require sex. It really only, commonly, required the desire to be tied to that person. What did that mean for me? All of the women I had sex with, even if I didn’t want them bound to me, ended up that way. Why did all other Magi have to make a conscious effort to form a bond when I couldn’t seem to prevent it? That was one of those questions that would probably never have an answer. At least, Michael had never met anyone like me and had no idea.

In addition to standard Magi in House society, there were also outcasts, banished, Dragons and non-recruited Magi.

Outcasts were those who had left the society. They had been recruited by a House, but left it after discovering something they didn’t agree with. It wasn’t against any law, but the lack of loyalty to the House marked them as outcasts. The mark of an outcast would fade back to gray over time. The bond between the individual and the House Lord or Lady would maintain the full color, but by refusing to continue to be loyal, without being recruited by another house, the color of the individual mage’s mark would fade and become gray outlined with their former House’s color. They were usually not approached by other Houses.

Non-recruited Magi were pretty simple: they were Magi who still had a gray mark because they refused to be recruited.

Banished Magi were ones who had broken one of the laws of the society. They were considered less than mundane—normal human, because they were not only cast from their house, to which they had brought shame for breaking the law, but they were also blocked from being able to use their abilities.

That last held my attention for a moment. If there were Magi who could block the powers of another, then they could be extremely dangerous to me. However, Michael knew the process for blocking powers, for he had seen it a few years ago. One Mage had turned on his schiavi and killed them all. The police had arrested him but he escaped. When the Dragons found him, they took him back to the Magi Council, who passed judgment and Banished him.

Banishment was a complex ceremony that took many Magi in combined effort to perform the main ritual necessary to block the powers of a single Mage. No matter how weak or powerful a Mage was, the ritual was the same and it was important that all those involved believed the same way to finish the ritual because if a single Mage doubted the individual’s guilt for breaking the law, then the ritual would fail. In the case of the murderous Magi, all agreed and he was Banished, then turned in to the police for the mundane courts to deal with.

It felt good to know that I couldn’t just be stripped of my powers by an individual, but still scary that if a group got together and performed the ritual... I stopped that train of thought. I needed to be positive. I wasn’t the only one that might suffer what the Magi wanted. My girls might become more involved and I wouldn’t let that happen.

Dragons were the enforcers of Magi Law. Born with abilities beyond the typical subtle powers of most Magi, Dragons could do the seemingly impossible, such as throwing fireballs or causing lightning to strike with uncanny accuracy. Michael knew one who could literally transform his body into stone. The idea of running into any one of those Magi made me cringe. I was strong and fast, but I wasn’t in that kind of league.

The term Schiavi had come up several times in regards to those bound to a Mage. Michael knew the term but only accepted it because it had been used for so long. It was Italian for slaves. Now that I knew what it meant, I immediately dismissed it. There was no way I would refer to my girls that way. I would find a word for them that meant more for them and me than just the Mind Magi’s idea of what they were. In this day and age, another term, something more modern, couldn’t be used? I let it go. Just because they used the term didn’t mean I had to.

I thought about Michael’s knowledge of marks again. Non-aligned Magi normally had a gray mark and that mark only ever became present when that Mage’s abilities manifested, just like mine had.

Still, I was curious why my mark was Amber, rather than gray. Michael didn’t know the answer, he had never heard of anyone who was born with a colored mark. Even Magi born to a House Lord or Lady had to be recruited and sometimes not even by their parent’s House. Professor Belton had said that there had been a few who had, so that meant I wasn’t the only one, but Michael had never met any. It was a sort of dead end. Not that he was blocking me from seeing those memories, but he simply didn’t have any.

I had also noticed the older titles and feudal hierarchy of the organization of the Houses. It went along with the longevity of the Mind Magi society. Yet regardless of how long they had been around, and all the details on how they were organized, nothing had indicated what these laws were or the reasoning for my condemnation.

There were several laws in the society of Mind Magi, but only two of them were really enforced. Most of the other laws were regarding what to do if one of them broke a normal human law. Those two main laws, though, had nothing to do with any human laws. The First Law, as it had always been called, was that no Mage shall bear children with any other Mage. The Second Law was enforcement of the society’s secret existence. Both laws were punishable by Banishment, and while the Second Law made sense—I certainly didn’t like what I was sure how others would treat me if they found out what I could do—the First Law didn’t.

It was short, to the point, and seemed odd to me. Why not allow two Magi to have kids? What was wrong with it? Would the child be deformed or possibly die such a horrible death that it was better to not let the child exist?

Exist.

There were those who believed that I should not exist. Michael had said that my parents were magi. Both of them?

I tried to find Michael’s memory about the origin of the First Law. Why had it been introduced and why were they enforcing it? There had to be a reason, and a good one, for me to even entertain discussing this because quite frankly, I was ready to run and do everything I could to hide.

Michael had searched for me, just as he said. At the same time, he had looked everywhere he could with regards to the reason for the First Law. Was it there to save the child, or for another reason? He talked to the Historians, the ones who could share memories with such detail to make my ability seem trivial. One of them owed Michael a favor.

The Historian had told Michael about a prophecy that predicted the end of the world. The birth of a child to two Magi was the first sign. This gave Michael hope. If the other signs didn’t show up then it couldn’t have been my birth that heralded the coming of the end. He began questioning the old man about the other signs, but he didn’t know. The First Law made it unnecessary to even know what the other signs were. If the first sign never occurred, then the rest could not follow and the end would not come.

I could feel Michael’s anxiety about that revelation, and mine matched it. Michael had seemed genuinely concerned for my continued existence and that made me finally want to know more about him.

Michael had grown up in a small town much like me, but his ability to track others had developed early on. One of the girls he had known in school had gone missing one day. The whole town was out looking for her, but Michael had known just where to find her. How he had known she was down by the creek near their school, he couldn’t begin to understand, but he found the girl and helped her home. She had sprained her ankle chasing after a rabbit that led her there. Her face was soaked with tears and she was so grateful help had arrived. They had become good friends after that and Michael never forgot her, Teresa Hillman.

Later Michael had used his ability again to locate a local cheerleader. However, he had already been recruited by the Mind Magi and instead of going straight to the girl, he took some of the others with him in search of her. One of the other searchers found her and Michael was happy just to have led them in the right direction. It turned out to be the daughter of the Historian that Michael had talked to. That was the reason for the favor.

His abilities to affect dreams and thoughts came later but still held a lesser strength than his tracking. He had even noticed that he could seemingly follow anyone he wanted without being noticed. Until he met me, he had never known whether his target wasn’t paying attention or if it had actually been his own power. I had been actively looking for him and twice looked past him as if not present. Michael was elated to know it was his power. Those powers gave him rank among the Mind Magi and that seemed important to him too, but not like it had years ago. The sharing of our memories told me how he had finally started to notice the depravity of the Mind Magi. They saw themselves as better than normal humans merely because of the gifts they were born with. It was the very trait I had sworn not to become acquainted with personally, conceit.

Michael had been that way for a long time, but after the death of my parents an epiphany hit him. If they could die, even in a natural catastrophe such as a hurricane, then any of them could be killed too. Their powers made them forget that they were not immortal. The older Magi knew this, but the ones in power—especially the newer ones—would never listen to their warnings.

That idea and the information that made its way to him about my existence were the two driving forces for doing everything he could to both find me and make sure I didn’t suffer from a nearly-forgotten prophecy.

His thoughts about my parents hurt him a lot more than I had guessed when I saw the look on his face. He had hidden much of the turmoil he felt, even after so many years, for the loss.

Michael had not only known my parents, he had been good friends with both of them. I could see them as if I were sitting and chatting with them, eating meals with them and even longing after my Mother. I understood what Michael meant about them being popular and well-liked. Mom was a gorgeous woman with long dark hair, deep brown eyes, long legs, a lean body and large, full breasts. Dad had been tall, well built and also had dark brown hair and eyes. I could see, through Michael’s eyes, the resemblance between my Dad and my current appearance, what I had changed to when my powers first manifested. I had my Dad’s stature and strong appearance. For a wild moment I wondered if maybe Dad had the same size in equipment, but Michael, not being a lover of men any more than myself, didn’t know. He had heard rumors of my Dad’s size but never tried to find out. I had only been curious if my Dad had been the reason I had put on so many inches and became so much thicker than I had been when I graduated high school.

The emotions connected with my parents were perfectly expected. Michael and Dad were friends, good friends. Michael also lusted after my mother, but never approached her, even though they seemed to flirt with one another a great deal. Mom and Dad flirted with one another as well, but Michael seemed to not know about their relationship. The First Law wouldn’t allow them to have children together, so most Magi simply avoided temptation.

Memories, filled with pain from my parents’ death, flicked past. Michael attended their funeral. He had cried and regretted... something. I wasn’t sure what. It was a memory that had been blocked. He didn’t want me to know what it was he regretted.

That was all I could take, my head felt full. It was like someone had stuffed a warm, wet towel inside my skull. Considering I had never gained so much information from anyone like that before, I had always been able to handle the exchange with no side-effects.

After laying my head down on the table for a minute, I looked up at Michael. He was slumped down in his seat with his own head laid back on the chair. Apparently I wasn’t the only one feeling the effects.

I had thought wrong of Michael when I first met him. I now knew him to be a friend deserving my trust. To show me all of the efforts he had gone to not only to find me but to find out why I was condemned...

I looked at Yvonne and Chloe. They had remained quiet for the entire exchange—which had probably only taken a little longer than normal—and though they had feared what Michael represented, they felt how I felt, they understood my change in attitude toward the man sitting across from me and with no more that slight nods of their heads, each accepted my decision to trust Michael as much as I did both of them.