The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Lucky Stiff

Author: JiMC

Chapter 7—Thanksgiving in Boston

Talk about the life in Massachusetts,
Speak about the people I have seen,
And the lights all went out in Massachusetts,
And Massachusetts is one place I have seen.
I will remember Massachusetts...
I will remember Massachusetts...
Massachusetts (Bee Gees)

It was the day before Thanksgiving, and I was in the Swift’s family Mercedes with Harry driving Kristen and me to Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.

We gave our bags to the skycap, and I handed him a twenty-dollar bill that Kristen gave to me earlier when we were in the car. He looked at our tickets and saw that we were flying first class. He stapled our claim checks to our ticket folder, and Kristen and I entered the bustling airport.

I never flew before in my life. Of course, I visited this airport a few times; the last time was when we picked up Patty after she came back from New Jersey. Even so, I never saw it so busy.

Kristen noticed me gawking at the crowds and giggled. “It’s the day before Thanksgiving, silly. Of course, it’s going to be crowded.”

My darling Kristen was aware that this was my first flight, and was determined to make it memorable for me.

We showed up at the departure gate about twenty minutes before the scheduled departure time. The status board showed that our flight would be late in departing.

Kristen smiled at the flight attendant as we checked in at the gate, and after we got our boarding passes she took me by the hand to a cocktail lounge near the gate. She slapped a bill on the bar and asked the bartender for two glasses of Chianti.

The bartender looked at the two of us, probably noticing that I was most likely under the minimum drinking age of eighteen. He saw Kristen’s stare, and he lowered his eyes and found that she placed a fifty-dollar bill on the bar. He took the bill and poured us our drinks.

This wasn’t the first time that I saw Kristen order something alcoholic, but it was the first time that I saw her sort of insist on it. Once we obtained our drinks, Kristen led me to a table in a dark corner.

“You look so nervous that you might just shake your clothes off,” Kristen noted.

I looked at the wine dubiously. Despite the fact that I was underage, I did not share most of my fellow teenagers’ desires for a taste of the forbidden drink. My real father was a drinker, and I always associated his drinking with the behavior that caused him to leave my mother and me. The only alcoholic beverages that I drank were occasional tastes of Champagne that I shared with Kristen, usually for celebratory purposes.

I didn’t know if Kristen’s suggestion of a glass of “liquid courage” would help. She urged me to drink it, however. After I saw Kristen take a couple of sips, I did the same. The wine tasted very tart and didn’t seem to do anything to my stomach, which admittedly was indeed turning cartwheels.

I left most of my wine behind when the loudspeaker announced our flight. Kristen and I returned to the gate where they were pre-boarding first class passengers, and the person at the doorway was a bit surprised to see that Kristen and I were traveling first class.

We walked from the runway up the stairs into the jet, and found that our seats were the second row—very close to the entrance of the plane. Kristen had a purse and a small carry-on bag, and she placed her purse in a pocket in front of our seat and her bag in the overhead bin. The flight attendant offered us some pillows and blankets, and Kristen accepted some for both of us.

The seats were roomy and the arm between them lifted to make a nice and comfortable chair just a bit smaller than a love seat for the two of us.

The flight attendant returned and asked us if we wanted anything, suggesting some Champagne. Kristen looked at me and then nodded at the woman, who left to retrieve a small bottle for the two of us.

I watched the rest of the people start to board. It seemed like quite a crowd, and I wondered aloud if everybody would fit.

“Sometimes they overbook,” Kristen observed. “That rarely happens in first class.”

In between the people moving through the aisles, our flight attendant brought over a couple of small boxes of chocolates. Kristen accepted one and I declined the other one.

“First time flying?” the flight attendant asked me.

“How can you tell?” I asked.

The flight attendant smiled. “You look like Alice in Wonderland.”

“It’s hard to imagine how a vehicle this big with this many people on it will actually get off the ground.”

“We’ll do so, as long as God doesn’t repeal the laws of physics,” the flight attendant said. She noticed our bottle of Champagne and said, “Oh, dear. I forgot the glasses. I’ll be right back.”

When the flight attendant left, Kristen turned to me and smiled. “She thinks you’re cute.”

“Huh?”

“Don’t worry,” Kristen giggled. “I won’t let her attack you. I’m here in the aisle seat ready to defend you.”

This reminded me. “Are you sure you don’t want the window?”

“No, dear. I want you to be able to see outside all you want. It’s your first trip, remember?”

“Thanks, love!”

The flight attendant arrived with our glasses. They clinked as she set them on the tray. “Are you on vacation from college?” she asked.

I was about to correct the flight attendant when Kristen answered, “We’re visiting my brother, who lives in Cambridge. He goes to Boston University.”

The flight attendant smiled at us and poured our drinks. “Well, I trust that the two of you will be good.”

“Thank you,” I answered.

After what seemed to be an eternity, the crew closed the boarding door. There was a series of amusing announcements, including how to fasten your seat belt, what to do in the event of a water landing (I whispered to Kristen, “Isn’t a ‘water landing’ also technically referred to as a ‘crash?’” which caused her to burst out laughing during the demonstration). The stewardess also showed us where the emergency exits were. I started to worry that there would be a test afterward.

The plane started to taxi away from the terminal, and then there was another delay, as the aircraft needed to wait its turn to take off.

My ears popped after we took off, and Kristen smiled at me. “We’re in the air now!”

Luckily I knew a trick on how to “unpop” my ears. When I was a baby, I caught the measles. As a result, I was left with an 85 percent hearing loss, which was corrected in an operation where they also removed my tonsils since they were in the same general area. Ever since then, I was able to “pop” and “unpop” my ears simply by breathing through my nose while pressing the same muscles that I press when I normally yawn. This action depended on whether or not I was breathing in (“pop”) or out (“unpop”) through my nose. This is about the first time that I’ve ever been able to describe this action accurately, by the way.

I saw the ground below, and realized that for the first time in my life, I no longer had a physical connection to the planet Earth. It was an exhilarating feeling, and I was glad that I was sharing the experience with my beloved Kristen.

Our flight would last two and a half hours, during which we would be getting a meal. Kristen pulled the blankets over the two of us and curled up with a pillow, facing away from me toward the aisle.

I thought Kristen’s behavior was unusual. First, she usually sleeps over the covers, preferring a chilly atmosphere when she sleeps, unlike me. I never knew her to curl up with a blanket around her like that.

The tiny blanket was over both of us, though, so I took Kristen’s hint and placed one of the tiny pillows next to her shoulder and cuddled next to her.

After about ten minutes, Kristen appeared to be asleep. However, I felt a gentle movement under the blanket. I was surprised to feel Kristen’s fingers start to pull down the zipper in my slacks. I didn’t see any movement from over the covers, though, so I relaxed. If Kristen wanted to give me a hand job, that was her prerogative. I never experienced one from Kristen in this position with her facing away from me. I just hoped it wouldn’t lead to an embarrassing mess on the seat.

Once Kristen found that my member was hard, she moved slightly, and I noticed that my dick was against her ass. I could actually feel the skin on her backside; Kristen’s skirt must have ridden up.

Underneath the blanket, I moved my hand over to where Kristen was still guiding my cock, and was surprised to find bare skin from the top (her left side) to the bottom. She wasn’t wearing any panties! I verified this with a slow insertion of my finger between her legs, and found the squishy wetness of her cunt.

It was at this point that I noticed that Kristen and I were in the “spoon” position. This was the position where her backside would be against my front.

Kristen’s movements now made sense to me. Slowly, I moved my body and Kristen’s hand guided me into her hole. It required a little maneuvering between the two of us, but we did it. I slowly started pushing in and out of Kristen’s lovely body.

Due to the slow pace—I didn’t want people to notice—it took me a bit longer than usual to reach orgasm. That was fine with me, as the feeling was exquisite. During that time, I managed to move one of my hands down Kristen’s chest and I could feel Kristen’s breast, unencumbered of any bra, and its rock hard nipple. I started squeezing her sensitive breast in time with my slow thrusts.

Eventually, I reached my limit. Kristen sensed my cock start twitching and she clenched and unclenched her cunt muscles somehow, as if her body was trying to milk me. I started to pump my semen into her body, and I heard her exhale a happy sigh in response.

Afterward, I wasn’t completely sure what to do. I pulled away, and tried to zip up. I couldn’t get myself into the proper position, though.

Kristen pretended that she just woke up. “Hmmm, you need to go to the bathroom?”

Go to the bathroom! Now, that was a good idea.

“Yeah,” I mumbled.

“The lavatories are over there,” Kristen pointed lazily.

I nodded my understanding.

Kristen then whispered, “Three knocks, and then one, and then open the door.”

“OK,” I said, wondering what Kristen planned next.

I got up past Kristen and went into a lavatory. It was surprisingly small. I was about to get a paper towel when I heard Kristen’s pre-arranged signal.

Despite the cramped quarters, I opened the door anyway. Kristen rushed past me, closed the door behind her and sat on the toilet.

Kristen turned me so that I was facing her, and she pulled out my wilted dick. It still contained our combined juices on it, and Kristen simply opened her mouth and sucked it in.

Having nothing to do, I unbuttoned Kristen’s blouse, and played with Kristen’s lovely breasts. I could tell by feeling them that her nipples were quite erect.

Kristen cleaned me up in no time, but continued sucking for a couple of minutes more as I continued to play with her breasts. Finally, she smiled and whispered, “Thanks. I’ll be out in a few.”

Again, I nodded my understanding and put my still-erect penis into my pants. I now considered my situation. How was I going to get out of the lavatory if somebody was watching?

I took a deep breath, and opened the door. I didn’t see anybody around, so I quickly closed the door behind me and heard Kristen once again lock the catch.

Back in my seat, I could still smell Kristen’s faint musk from our encounter. I quickly moved the blankets over me and tried to act innocent.

The flight attendant came over and smiled. “Is this your first time?” she asked me, quietly.

I thought she asked me that question before. “Yes,” I repeated.

The flight attendant looked around and then leaned down over me and whispered, “Welcome to the Mile High Club.” She then kissed me on the cheek, and quickly moved on.

I was quite confused, and Kristen returned a minute or so later. She noticed my look of confusion. “What’s up, honey?”

I told Kristen about the flight attendant, omitting only her kiss, and Kristen thought it so funny that she laughed outright.

“What’s the joke?” I asked.

“I’ll explain it in a bit,” Kristen replied, and she got out of her seat and walked toward the area where the flight attendants were preparing a meal. Our flight attendant noticed her and pulled her aside. There was a quick whispered conversation between the two of them, and Kristen came back to our seat, still smiling.

“What’s this all about?”

Kristen looked at me and then whispered, “The Mile High Club is just a name they give for people who ‘do it’ on an airplane.”

I was a bit surprised that this happened so often that there was actually a name for it.

“In addition,” Kristen continued, “our stewardess won the pool. The five stews have a pool, five dollars each per flight, on who they think will join. They didn’t have any winners on the last three flights, so the kitty is up to a hundred dollars!”

I was amused, and then a bit stunned as I realized that our actions hadn’t been as private as we thought.

* * *

The flight attendant was very friendly with Kristen and me after that exchange. She kept smiling at us knowingly all through the trip, which was making me more and more embarrassed each time she did so. Kristen thought my embarrassment was cute, of course.

The two of us played around a few times after that first encounter. Since she was still without panties, I was able to rub her to a small orgasm, which I could only detect by the sudden change in her breathing. Another time, she laid her head in my lap with my cock in close proximity. She gave me a slow and pleasant suckle for about twenty minutes, during which the flight attendant walked by and gave me a knowing wink. I simply shrugged, reveling in the sensations that Kristen’s talented mouth were able to elicit.

Later on, the flight attendant warned Kristen that the seat belt light would be on in about five minutes. Kristen thanked her, took her purse, and left for the bathroom.

I was curious about what Kristen was doing, and when she came back, she explained, “I asked for the warning. I needed to get proper.”

My confusion ended when I noticed that Kristen was now wearing a bra, and presumably her panties as well. I smiled in understanding.

As we left the plane, Kristen discreetly handed our flight attendant an envelope, which she later told me contained two hundred dollars.

At Boston’s Logan Airport, we met Will at the gate.

Kristen showed me some pictures of Will, but none of them were recent. I hadn’t expected the tall, brown haired hunk that met us at the gate. Will was about six foot, three inches tall. His head was full of wavy brown hair that fell down to his shoulders. His shoulders were broad, and when he greeted Kristen, he picked her up off her feet and kissed her full on the lips.

Once he let Kristen down, Kristen introduced me, and he greeted me with a warm and very firm handshake. I looked into his brown eyes, and he did the same to me; our eyes locked for a few moments as we sized each other up.

“He seems to be a good man, Krissie,” Will said.

Kristen, who I knew hated that nickname, except when the two of us were playing “dress-up,” playfully hit Will on the shoulder.

There was another man with us. Will introduced us to his roommate, Robert. Robert wasn’t as tall as Will was, but he was a bit taller than my five feet, eleven-and-a-half inches (on tiptoes). His brown hair was cut shorter than the current style at the time. I shook his hand as well.

“You guys hungry?” Will asked.

“Think we can make it to Legal?” Kristen asked.

Will frowned. “Legal doesn’t take reservations, but most people are probably getting ready to cook a big meal and may not be out tonight. What do you think, Jim?”

I was clueless as to what they were talking about, but I noticed that Kristen was excited so I went along. “That sounds good to me. What kind of food?”

The three others stared at me.

Kristen scrunched her nose, giggled, and explained, “This is Jim’s first trip to Boston.” She turned to me and said, “The name is Legal Seafood. It’s a fish place with great lobster.”

I realized that we were on the proper coast for a Maine lobster, and I grinned. “Sounds even gooder to me.”

“Gooder?” Kristen asked.

“’Legal’ sounded good,” I explained. “’Legal Seafood’ sounds gooder. Don’t correct me.”

Kristen scrunched her nose and giggled again.

Will shook his head and asked Kristen. “Where did you get that tic?”

“What tic?” Kristen asked.

“You did it when you giggled,” Will explained. “You never did that before.”

“Huh?” Kristen asked, totally bewildered.

It finally dawned on me. “Kristen, I told you how you scrunch your nose when you giggle.”

“I do not!” Kristen said, giggling, and most definitely scrunching her nose.

After a burst of laughter from everybody, Kristen finally gave in. “All right. I do, but only when Jim’s around. He... um... expects it.”

“I think it’s cute,” Will said.

“I think she’s adorable,” I said, agreeing one hundred percent with Will.

* * *

During the evening, I found Will to be a genuinely pleasant person. He didn’t seem like a phony, and if you said something funny, his laugh was infectious.

I could see love in Kristen’s eyes when she looked at her brother. One thing I noticed, though, was that it was different from the emotion I saw when Kristen looked at me. I also noticed that Will had the same look in his eyes when he looked at Kristen. Somehow, this made me feel more secure.

On the other hand, I found it difficult trying to figure out Robert. He didn’t seem as sure of himself as Will was, and didn’t offer much into the conversation.

Near the end of the meal, I remembered Kristen telling me that Will’s apartment had two bedrooms. I now realized that if Will and his roommate each had a separate bedroom, Kristen and I might not have a bed to share. It didn’t really matter to me, though. Kristen promised me that we’d have reservations at a hotel sometime during our trip, and I trusted her.

Robert left the table to use the men’s room, and Kristen started talking to Will about him. I saw this same behavior before with my other female friends; when one leaves, the others start talking about the person who just left.

“Robert seems shy,” Kristen observed.

“Sometimes, he’s such a flirt,” Will said.

That was an odd statement from Will. I hadn’t noticed Robert looking at any of the girls—or even Kristen, for that matter—in the restaurant.

“How are Mom and Dad?” Will asked.

“Doing fine,” Kristen said, smiling. “Dad’s working his ass off, as usual. Mom’s the queen socialite the way she always was.”

Will nodded. He looked at me. “Kristen was right about you, Jim. I don’t want to embarrass you, but I want you to know that I’m protective of my little sister. I can tell, now that I have met you, that you are everything she told me about you. I’m sure you will make her a happy woman.”

I felt my face go red.

“Will, stop,” said Kristen, her eyes blazing. “You know that he’s not on his own turf.”

“I know,” Will said. “Sorry, Jim. As I said, I didn’t mean to embarrass you. I hope we remain good friends.”

“Um... me, too,” I answered.

The meal, of course, was excellent. To this day, when I am in that area, I look forward to eating at Legal Seafood—it has expanded from that one restaurant to a chain of them.

* * *

Will’s apartment in Cambridge was a little more than twice the current size of Kristen’s apartment back in Illinois. There were two bedrooms at opposite ends of the apartment, each with its own bathroom, and there was a living room, kitchen, and even a small dining room.

Will indicated that Kristen and I retire to the “guest room” on the side of the apartment near the dining room and kitchen. Kristen and I moved our luggage into the room.

“Will and Robert will be sharing a room tonight?” I asked.

“They share a room every night,” Kristen said.

Seeing my reaction, Kristen said, “Oh, shit. Yeah. Will is bisexual—bi, for short.”

“You mean...”

“Yes. They share a room just like us,” Kristen explained. “I think Robert is just a temporary fling, though. Will seems to think Robert is a bit of a flirt.”

“Oh.” I didn’t know what to say.

Kristen looked at me for a minute. “Jim, my brother’s lifestyle doesn’t bother you, does it?”

“Um, no...” I said quickly.

“He’s bisexual,” Kristen explained. “I can tell you that there’s nothing wrong with his plumbing as far as this female is concerned.”

“I just thought...”

Kristen frowned. “I’m really sorry. I was going to tell you a couple of months ago, when I told you about Will being adopted. I really think that I should have. It would have given you more time to deal with it.”

I nodded. My head was spinning from this new information.

Kristen added, “You know, last year, Will and I had a long talk about his sexuality. He knows that he doesn’t live a mainstream lifestyle, but he is who and what he is. As he put it, it’s not as if he doesn’t love girls. He does. He just also likes boys. Doesn’t that make him a much more loving person?”

“I don’t know.”

“Remember what Camille told us?” Kristen asked. “She said not to let things fester. Will is my brother, and he is, additionally, my friend. Talk with him. Tomorrow, we’ll be going to Sturbridge to have dinner at a place called the Publick House. It’s a great New England inn. We have reservations for dinner as well as two rooms nearby, if we decide to spend the night there. You’ll have plenty of time to talk with him. He’s the nicest guy this side of Chicago.” Kristen paused, and added, “At least, he was until you landed here!”

Kristen earned herself a kiss for that compliment.

“Oh, and Robert will be with his own folks tomorrow, so it will just be the three of us.”

I smiled, and watched Kristen unpack her bag. I opened one of my own bags and found a suit that I never saw before.

“A suit?” I asked.

“Thanksgiving is a nice day to dress up,” Kristen answered. She pulled out a ravishing evening gown from her own luggage. “Wouldn’t you like to put your Krissie doll into this?”

I gulped, as I saw the matching lingerie that she revealed when she picked the gown out of her suitcase.

Kristen saw my reaction and smiled. “Now hang that thing up before I have to iron it, and you know how I hate doing that sort of thing!”

I got the message and did as my Goddess requested.

That night, Kristen was a fireball in bed. We started with a sixty-nine position. To make things a bit different, I placed Kristen’s head on the pillows, with my head towards the foot of the bed. It was a king size bed, and there was plenty of room to rotate.

* * *

The next morning, we got into the car that Will rented for the weekend and drove the hour to Sturbridge. Our reservations were for a two o’clock seating for dinner, so we walked around the grounds. Kristen left Will and me alone.

“I see Kris told you my horrible secret,” Will said. I think it was his way of breaking the ice.

“I wouldn’t say ‘horrible,’” I answered. “I just didn’t know that about you.”

“Does it change your opinion of me?”

I hesitated. For some reason, my opinion did seem to change. I wondered why that was.

Will waited a few moments and then said, “You know that I love Kristen with every ounce of my being, Jim. I would never do anything to hurt her.”

“I understand that,” I said.

Will continued, “If I thought that my lifestyle would hurt her, I’d give it up in a heartbeat.”

“You would?”

“Yes,” Will assured me. “And if it hurts you, then it will hurt Kristen as well.”

I looked at the man who was telling me this. “I love Kristen with every breath that I take, Will. If you changed your lifestyle, it would probably hurt her as well. And I wouldn’t do anything to hurt her that way.”

Will looked at me for a long moment. “What are you trying to say?”

I sighed. “What I’m saying is that we both love Kristen. Neither one of us would want to hurt her. I just want you to understand that I didn’t have any real opportunity to think about this; I only found out last night. To tell you the truth, I cannot see any reason why it should make any difference to me.”

“Most homophobia is rooted in insecurity,” Will said.

“Homo-what?”

“Fear of homosexuals,” Will explained. “I’m not a homosexual, but I sometimes hang out with them. They’re people, too. They’re lovely people. They have to put up with a lot of hatred just to express their love.”

“I’ve never thought of it that way.”

Will said, “I love females. I also love males. I think it’s wonderful—I love everybody! Straight people—people like you, Jim—sometimes fear that if people such as my friends or I exist, then we may be some kind of threat to them.”

I thought about it for a few moments. “Kristen told me about you loving everybody. I think it’s an interesting way to put it, but something about the way you say it makes me think it’s a bit shallow.”

Will stopped walking and turned to me. “What do you mean, shallow?”

“I love Kristen,” I explained. “It’s an all-consuming love. If I felt that way toward everybody, though, I would never be able to have any friends, and I’ve found out recently how important and necessary friends are.”

Will pondered what I said. “Well, I didn’t mean that I have a physical relationship with everybody, Jim. I just meant that I don’t exclude half the human race just because they happen to be male.”

I nodded. “That makes more sense, Will, but I still see a difference. With Kristen, the two of us can raise a family.”

Will smiled at me. “Well, if I was to settle on one person, and that person happened to be male, then we might be able to adopt. As an adopted child myself, I can see the benefits. Of course, a male partner and I would not probably be able to adopt due to the two of us being male, and that’s another way that homophobia raises its ugly head. Nobody knows what the future will bring, though; maybe people will be more enlightened in the 1980s.”

I considered what Will said, and we resumed walking. “I wish you the best in the future, Will.”

Will nodded. “Kristen said you were a smart person, Jim. You are insightful, as well.”

“What do you mean?”

Will said, wistfully, “Once upon a time, I loved somebody in a way similar to the love you describe with Kristen. I will love that person until the day I die. That love is no longer mine, though. She’s in love with another.”

“Kristen will always love you.”

“I wasn’t talking about Kristen, Jim.”

I didn’t know what to say. Kristen hadn’t told me anything about Will having a serious relationship with anybody except her. It was possible that Kristen didn’t know everything about Will, but that was very doubtful. All the same, something inside me told me that Will’s statement was an out and out lie. Why would Will want to lie to me?

We continued walking around until Kristen found us.

* * *

When Kristen and I found ourselves alone together for a few moments, Kristen asked me if I talked with Will.

“Yes, I did.”

“And...?”

“He’s a very lonely man, Kris.”

Kristen didn’t say anything, but nodded.

Thanksgiving meal was the feast that you would expect from a quaint New England inn for that holiday. Soup, plenty of turkey, and for the adventurous, there were desserts from a bake shop within the Inn that were guaranteed to double your weight in a single meal.

We spent the night in Sturbridge, and the next morning, Will drove us back via the “Mass Pike” into Cambridge.

Since Will needed to do a few things on Friday, Kristen took me on a tour walking down Massachusetts Avenue from Central Square (near M.I.T.) to Harvard Square (near Harvard University) and back. It was busy, being the day after Thanksgiving. There were many places to eat; cuisines that I never experienced before.

Kristen led me by the hand and we walked around the quaint little place. I saw so many things that my mind just reels when I try to remember it, but I do remember being in a huge campus bookstore that seemed to specialize in Harvard and M.I.T. paraphernalia as well as mountains of books. It was obvious that Cambridge was a bustling college town, and those two prestigious institutions were very daunting to me. In my heart, I knew that my future would probably involve music, and neither institution specialized in that particular subject, although it was possible that one or both might actually have an excellent music curriculum.

From Cambridge, we took the subway (the “T”) to the North End of Boston, where we saw Paul Revere’s house, the Old North Church, and many little Italian restaurants. My only knowledge of the North End was from a bunch of spaghetti commercials with a woman yelling “Anthony!”

Kristen and I ate lunch at a very tiny restaurant on a busy main street. We could smell garlic as soon as we entered the restaurant and we scrunched together on a tiny table for two in the corner next to the shop window.

I noticed the menu on the wall. “Most of the dishes here are calamari,” I noticed.

Kristen grinned. “Yeah,” she agreed. “That’s...”

“I know,” I interrupted. “It’s squid. I don’t think I ever ate that before.”

“They have shrimp scampi if you don’t feel like the calamari, as well as other fish,” Kristen said.

“I’ll try anything once,” I said.

“Let’s order the fried calamari appetizer first, and then decide what you want for the main meal.”

We did just that. The appetizer was huge, and the squid didn’t have much of a fishy taste. For our main meals, Kristen and I ordered calamari with white sauce over linguine, which they served to us straight off the stove in the same skillets they used to cook it!

One thing I was learning about Boston was that there was an awesome selection of seafood!

During lunch, I asked Kristen how she knew so much about Boston, and she told me that she stayed with her brother a couple of times, the last time staying a month last July. She seemed to know every place to go, and we didn’t have much time to do our exploring.

We took the “T” back to Cambridge and met Will in Harvard Square. When Kristen kissed him, Will laughed and said, “Lunch at the Catch today?”

“Of course!” Kristen giggled.

I was curious as to how Will knew where we ate. Will saw this and said, “Your bodies have absorbed nearly a pound or two of garlic. It’s quite obvious where the two of you have been!”

Kristen and I laughed at this. For dinner, we went to an Indian restaurant and I learned that I enjoyed lamb curry and tandoori chicken.

Kristen and I told Will all about our explorations of the city over dinner, and Will seemed to enjoy our stories.

After dinner, we started walking back to the apartment. When I was sure where I was in relation to everything, I said, “Excuse me, Kris. Would you mind if I take a walk around for a half hour or so?”

“By yourself?” Kristen asked.

“Yeah,” I answered. “There are some things that I need to think about alone, and I thought I’d look around the square again.”

Kristen looked at me concerned. “I guess,” she finally answered, sounding dubious.

“Maybe I’ll be an hour,” I said. “I have change, and if anything happens, I’ll phone you guys.”

“Are you sure that you know your way around, Jim?”

“Yes, Kris. I’ll stay near Massachusetts Avenue. I won’t get lost.”

Finally, Kristen said, “OK. Don’t take too long.”

There was an ulterior motive for my taking a walk. Kristen and her brother Will used to have a relationship before I came into their life, and as brother and sister, I figured the two of them should have some time alone. Whether they talked or even fucked during that time was their own business. It hadn’t been an easy decision for me to make, but I owed it to Kristen, and, somehow, to Will as well.

I also brought some money that Kristen didn’t know about. In the weeks before I left, I pestered my parents for an allowance for doing chores. Even Merry, the big money grubber of my family, stopped insisting on doing things for me, figuring that I needed money for this trip. I wanted to find something special for Kristen to let her know that I was thinking of her.

Money was the biggest obstacle between Kristen and me. She had lots of it, and I didn’t have very much. I always felt uncomfortable with Kristen paying bills at restaurants and at the mall, and Sherry’s accusation about me being only after Kristen’s money alerted me to the fact that others may think the same thing.

At the same time, money was the least important thing to me. I mean, it was nice to be able to pay for a great meal at a restaurant, but it didn’t cost a fortune to buy some ground beef and some bread to make a great hamburger. There’s an old joke that says, “You’re a musician? I didn’t know you were broke!” I more or less expected that money wouldn’t be flowing from water taps for me.

This was a very difficult situation for me. I could be forever proving myself to everybody on the earth that Kristen’s money wasn’t the reason that I loved her, and it would be fruitless. Kristen seemed to be happy with me, and I made very few demands on her, especially financial ones. I never got any vibe from Will that he harbored any such suspicions about me.

I thought about Will. He was a very handsome person, and could easily have a harem of girls if he wanted them, but I knew that he didn’t. He was completely infatuated with Kristen, and I was certain of that. I saw him look at her. There wasn’t longing in his eyes, but instead, I found wistfulness. They seemed to know each other’s moods and playfully touched each other, not as brother and sister, but something closer. I knew where their closeness came from, but for the first time since I knew of Kristen’s ongoing relationship with her brother, I found that I was no longer jealous of their relationship.

Before I met Will, I thought that I could never compete with the lifetime of affection that he shared with Kristen. When Kristen told me that their sexual relationship was more than a one-time affair, I guess I was afraid that she might leave me for him. When I met him at the airport the other day, he was everything that I was afraid he’d be: he was good looking, he showed a great sense of humor, and he was a genuinely affectionate person.

Therefore, I originally expected that Will would see me as competition for Kristen’s affections. When I met him, however, his words and attitudes did not reflect that at all. Instead of seeing me as a competitor, he really seemed to like me. This took me by surprise.

Thinking about my talk with Will the other day, I knew that Kristen and her brother needed some time alone together. I knew that neither one would ask this of me, so I decided to take the initiative and offer it to them. I’m not sure if Kristen knew my motivation, but I was very sure that Will would understand.

In my heart, I knew I could trust Kristen. She told me that she considered me a long-term relationship, and that her feelings toward her brother were different from the ones she had for me. In addition, Kristen allowed me to play around with Patty after we started going out together. I could at least let Kristen and her brother do whatever they wanted.

Although Kristen was occasionally with me when I was playing with Patty, I didn’t have any desire to be present when and if she played around with her brother. It was one thing to accept such a relationship intellectually, but I didn’t think I was ready for confronting the situation in reality.

I found a few bookshops, and spent a while checking out the titles. There were many books on psychology, but their contents seemed impenetrable to me. I didn’t see too many introductory books in the subject, unfortunately.

After an hour and a half, I found a pay phone and called Will’s apartment. Kristen answered and sounded worried. “Hello? Is this Jim?”

“Yes, love,” I answered. “I was looking at books and didn’t notice the time.” This was a white lie.

“Are you sure you’re all right?” Kristen asked, still sounding worried.

I did my best to assure Kristen. “Yes, darling. I’m going to be heading back toward the apartment. I should be there in about ten minutes.”

There was a pause on the other end, and then Kristen said, “All right. Thanks for calling.” After another pause, “Oh, Will says, ‘Thank you.’”

I smiled. I knew that Will would have understood my motivations. “Tell him it wasn’t a problem. Thinking it over, I see another store that I would like to visit. It may be more like a half hour or so, all right?”

Yet another pause, and then Kristen said, quietly, “I think you are the kindest, and most understanding lover that I have ever known.”

I beamed from Kristen’s praise. I answered, “I know one just as understanding and kind, Kris.”

“I love you, Jim.”

“I know, and I love you as well. I’ll see you in a half hour.”

“OK. Thanks for calling.”

I hung up and walked over to Harvard Square and sat for a few moments to think about things. Once again, I thought about Kristen’s request that she made a month or so ago. I did turn her down, but now that I was alone, there was time for me to reconsider it. I hadn’t thought about Patty sucking me with Kristen’s tacit permission. Did this change anything?

I really wanted Kristen to be the one and only person that I would ever make love to. That meant that I would never have sexual intercourse with any other person. Wasn’t that the proper thing to do? Neither Kristen nor I would be saving our virginity for marriage. Nevertheless, wouldn’t an exclusive relationship be the next best thing?

Apparently, Kristen didn’t seem to think so. Her request seemed to indicate that she wouldn’t mind me fucking somebody else with her around.

Who would be the third person in this scenario? The three people that sprang to mind were Patty, Camille, and Sherry. In my answer to Kristen, I rejected the three of them, and I still felt the same way about Patty and Sherry. I didn’t think it would be fair to either one of them.

Camille, on the other hand, just might be the right person. I saw Camille nude on a few occasions and she once gave me an excellent hand job. I also remembered seeing her masturbate to the point of orgasm while describing a sexual fantasy. Camille was also known to have many male friends, and I was pretty sure that her friendships extended into sexual relationships as well.

I decided that the best thing would be to talk this over with Camille. It could be that Camille, for all her talking about sexual promiscuity, could be quite different in reality. I needed to see how she felt about Kristen’s request, and if she would be willing to participate in such a scenario.

Back at the apartment, I found Will and Kristen playing cards. When Kristen saw me come in, she threw her cards down, ran up to me, and planted the biggest kiss on me. “Just wait until later!” she whispered.

I smiled at my lovely Goddess, and then turned to Will and asked, “So, what are you guys playing?”

“Cribbage,” Will answered, picking up a small wooden board with some pegs on it. “Kristen skunked me last round, and if I lose this round, I’ll owe her five hundred dollars.”

“You play for money?” I asked, incredulous that anybody would play any card game against Kristen for money.

Will grinned. “What can I say? I’m a glutton for punishment.”

I laughed, and Kristen just gave a “harrumph” in mock anger. “That’s about as smart as playing Monopoly against her with real money!”

Will and his sister looked at each other in amazement. “You know, Kristen, we haven’t tried that one! How many five hundred dollar bills do you have?”

Now I knew that they were having me on. I continued laughing, and Kristen invited me to play cribbage against her brother. She quietly explained the rules and the odd way they count points. We played for a few hours until Kristen called it a night.