The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Librarian of Pathos

By...”The Naked Prose

Chapter 14: Acceptance

One month after the change had begun Dominic was still feeling undirected. He had taken the time to try and correct the damage he had done, but had found many of the changes difficult or impossible to remove. He reasoned that the early onset of his power had led to brutal, emotion-provoked modifications, which had caused permanent damage he could not easily repair.

Meanwhile, he had secured the contents of the secret room in a local, highly secure storage facility and set about the paperwork that would end his involvement with the Greene estate. It was a simple task, once he had decided to do it, to see the estate off into oblivion. He pushed the right paperwork the right way. The conclusions were easily substantiated. The Greene estate would pass into the public domain, and the legacy of the Library would see a new face.

He also reasoned that taking over the Swiss account would be about as easy.

Brenda, with a little help from Dominic, had managed to sever the ties with work and friends that she could no longer properly sustain. Once the details of her indiscretions had gotten out, her rapid disappearance was easily rationalized. A few public appearances, a few out-of-court settlements, and a lot of paperwork began to stabilize all of their lives. Catherine and Angelique had re-contacted those from their former life and were working out details that could possibly bring them back. It was difficult for all of them, but at least progress was being made.

Until stability was reached, however, Dominic felt that he had to get a grip on his ability. His thoughts lingered back to the pamphlet he had found in Greene’s safe.’

“Maybe some time away would be just the ticket.” He mused to himself, “After all, this was what Greene had recommended for his predecessor. Maybe being far out on the ocean where I can minimize the damage would be a good idea right now.”

So it was, barely four weeks after his life had been turned completely inside out, that Dominic had donned his best suit and headed downtown to the travel agency. He had Jeanette call ahead to make a reservation. He figured his “secretary” making the appointment would go over better than he himself calling. He hadn’t been far from the truth.

The moment he entered the office, the receptionist had begun sizing him up. The room was empty but for the two of them, and he could feel her eyes probing him. The Sense revealed a very professional examination. The smile was a deception, only there as a professional courtesy for a potential client. Her assessment hadn’t been very positive, quickly surmising that he was not the sort of client that could afford their business. Still, she notified the agent that Dominic was waiting.

She was outwardly kind, but inwardly judgmental. Dominic hated that kind of duplicity. He toyed momentarily with the idea of changing her, but quickly thought better of it. He needed to learn to behave if he was ever to regain control of his life.

“Mr. Addison will see you now, Mr. Argento.” The derision was slight, but still present behind her words. Dominic’s temper flared momentarily, but rather than let his subconscious take hold of her, he gave her a conscious command.

“You shouldn’t be so quick to judge, Miss.” Dominic spoke the words out loud as he projected the thoughts. “Someone like me could be the greatest thing you’d ever experience.”

He leaned in close to whisper in her ear, and she leaned back from him with obvious concern.

“In fact, tonight, and every night, you’re going to think about me and be aroused. You’re going to masturbate and have a tremendously powerful orgasm each time...and when you’re done, you’ll remember that even poor people have their good qualities.”

She looked at him with a combination of disgust and disbelief, uncertain of how to react. The use of the power gave him a quick but fleeting arousal. Before he walked into the office, he gave her a final thought.

“In fact, you feel a need to go to the rest-room right now and masturbate, all the while thinking of me. Once you’re done, you can go on about your day.”

Dominic had been learning how to combine his words, thoughts, and emotions in ways that would not directly affect the people he changed. While the words that he spoke and thought might be as ambiguous as before, they were coupled with clear images of what his intent was. He was getting better at gauging the intensity necessary as well, and the changes were not quite so dramatic or drastic as they had been earlier. He didn’t have it quite down, but he was certain he was on the right track.

She was already shifting in her chair as he walked through the doorway. Once inside, the intercom buzzed to life. “Mr. Addison, would it be possible for me to take a quick break?” There was a note of urgency in the receptionist’s voice.

“Certainly, Miss Sharp.” Mr. Addison rose to greet his client. “I expect she’s due for a smoke, my apologies. What can we do for you, Mr. Argento?”

Dominic smiled.

“Well, I’m looking for a chance to get away for a little while, and I thought a cruise might be a nice opportunity to have some time off. I’m wondering what you might offer.”

Mr. Addison smiled back at Dominic and seated himself, gesturing for Dominic to follow suit. He too had appraised the potential client and had come to the same basic conclusions as his secretary.

“I’ll be frank with you, Mr. Argento, I’m not sure that we’re exactly the travel agency you’re looking for. We offer a variety of services and packages, but our services come at a premium cost. Most of our clients are interested in...how shall I put this...more discreet packages. I’d be happy to recommend any one of a number of other agencies that I’m sure could help you.”

Dominic decided to play the trump. “Well, I was actually referred here by a client of mine. He gave me this brochure.” Dominic passed the brochure across the desk. “I was told that you might have something I’d be interested in.”

He had been banking heavily that the coded number on the brochure would trigger something in Addison, and he was not disappointed. The man’s expression changed immediately upon seeing the symbols at the bottom of the page, and he turned to his filing cabinet.

“Well, why didn’t you say so at first, Mr. Argento? We’ve actually been expecting you. I was told to prepare a rather...liberal package for you, and I believe I have something here that you’ll find interesting. We keep a track of the cruises going out of southern California and rate the passengers according to various indicators. I believe I can find you something that will have, shall we say, a large number of ‘opportunities’? I really just need to know a few things first.”

“Uh, alright, I suppose. What kind of opportunities are we talking about here?”

“That depends on you, sir...that depends on you. Now then, do you prefer men or women? Perhaps both?”

The rest of the interview went by in a flash and was considerably less subtle. Dominic wondered at first why all these questions were being asked. He also wondered how an agency was able to “provide” him with such a custom-tailored group of potential subjects. He decided he did not want to know the details.

“And finally, how many will be going on the trip?”

Dominic hadn’t thought of that. He would have to bring the girls along if he was to keep them out of trouble.

“Four others, excluding myself.”

Mr. Addison smiled a wide, toothy grin in response.

“Excellent, sir. I believe we can accommodate you.”