The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Jilliad

Book 4

The Grand Design

Chapter 2

Turn the Paige

Mark sat in the study listening to Ken tell his story and shook his head sadly.

Ken had borrowed some money from a loan shark when his business had been failing. If news of this had become public, his company shareholders would have replaced him on the board of directors of his own company. He paid the loan back and the company rebounded, but unknown to Ken, the man who had loaned him the money had given Paige a shot of heroine and raped her. The first time, the man had seen her; he “wanted a taste of that”. Reggie had called her and told her that he would make the loan public if she did not meet with him. She had foolishly gone to him, as a dutiful wife trying to protect her husband.

The first thing that happened is that Ronnie got her high, jabbing her with an injection of heroine. Then he banged the crap out of her, calling her nasty names. He left her on the doorstep, high out of her mind and half naked. He drove off in her Lexis and told her that it was a down payment on what was coming next.

When Ken discovered his wife and she described what had happened to her, he immediately got her into a drug rehab center and they did a rapid detox to remove any trace of the heroine before the physical and mental addiction kicked in. Ken then called Ronnie threatening him to go to the police.

Ronnie laughed. “For an overeducated white guy, you’re not too smart. I used a rubber and stuck her in the shower. It’s just a stoned bitch’s word against mine. Besides, if you do that, word about your illegal loan will come out. You wouldn’t want that, would you?”

Ken knew that he was beat. “OK, I’ll let it drop.”

“Not so fast. The price has gone up for my silence.”

“What?!”

“Because you were trying to punk me, I’ve decided that the new price for my silence is that you’re going to pimp your wife out to me.”

“Now see here…”

“No, you see here, you stupid cracker! I got you by your tighty whities. You wife is one hot MILF and fucks like a pro. I think I’m gonna to treat her like one next time.”

“OK, shut the fuck up. There’ll be no next time! Screw my business! Anyway, I’ll just say that your loser ass forged my signature,” yelled Ken.

“Yeah, you could do that you Opie looking piece O’ shit, but you see I just might have some new to blackmail you on. Maybe there was some evidence of me fucking your wife after all: Video evidence. How do you think that would look on my porn site?”

Ken was shocked. In a moment of lucidity, he realized any video would implicate Ronnie, as well as Paige. Still he played along to stall. As the holidays were coming up in a few days, he and his family had made plans to go skiing in Maine over Christmas and then visit his childhood friend, Phil Winthrop. Maybe this would be a chance to escape this. Phil knew some mercs who ran a Private security firm, maybe he could give Ken some advice. “OK, you win. What do you want?”

“I want you to wrap up yo bitch in a red ribbon and leave her on my doorstep Christmas Eve.”

“That’s sick!”

“That’s my deal.”

“OK, “Ken had said, knowing he had no choice to agree for now.

“Fine, just know something punk ass bitch: If you welsh on our deal or call the cops , I’m gonna come lookin’ for you. I’ll waste you and your kids and I’ll have your wife turning tricks on the street like a two dollar whore. Understand?”

* * *

“So you see Mark. I’m in trouble. Paige barely looks at me. I can tell she has a mixture of shame and contempt for me. I figure that there is no video, but there could be. My family is in danger and my livelihood is screwed. I’m out of options, Mark.”

Mark was a mixture of sorrow and anger. Just a few weeks ago he had rescued Shari Rivers from evil men and now close friends of his new family were dealing with their own evil. “There are always options, Ken.”

“I can’t go back to Philly.”

“For now you can’t. You have Phil and Chip to advise you on the business end for that. As far as your enemies, you’re safe here, at least for now. I know someone who has contacts at the FBI. He may be willing to put us in touch with someone who can apply a little pressure on Ronnie. As far as Mrs. Killingsworth, that is something you two will need to work through.”

“I know. I love her, but I don’t know what to tell her after everything that she has been through due to my stupidity.”

“First of all, tell her you love her.”

“She knows that.”

“Some people don’t need to be told. Others do, especially when they have been through an ordeal like your wife has been through.”

Ken shook his head in wonder at Mark’s capacity to understand everything he had told him. “It all sounds so easy.”

“But we both know it’s not,” said Mark. “Still, don’t worry about Jeremy. I can take him off your plate. Trish can handle Kenny. You work on your relationship with your wife and on explaining your business problems to my future in-laws.

“Will do. What about Ronnie?”

“I’ll look into that,” said Mark solemnly.

* * *

Ronnie Jackson had been trying to track the Killingsworth family and he had murder in his heart. He had heard that they had been in Maine, but they were no longer at the ski lodge they were supposed to be at but they left. Then he heard that they were in Boston and he and some of his men jumped into his Escalade and drove up. He got a call at 1:30 AM. As they had entered Massachusetts on I-95. “Hey bossman, they left Boston about an hour ago.”

“Where they going?”

“They were visiting somebody called Winthrop, but they ain’t home. Michael found out that these people have a place in Concord. We’re about twenty minutes out.”

Ronnie looked at his driver, who mouthed, “about an hour”.

“OK, when we hit Concord we’ll call and you can give us the address,” said Ronnie, as he hung up.

“So Concord?” asked Khalid.

“Yeah, man”

“There probably way out in the Styx.”

“Yeah, that’ll make it easy to cap his sorry ass,” glared Ronnie.

* * *

“Mark, thank you for all of your advice. I just spoke with Chip and he helped outline some options. We’ll talk more in the morning, but I think I’ll resign as CEO and sell my shares. Besides the blackmail on the loan, the only other hold they may have on us is that supposed video. If it exists, there will be scandal and embarrassment, but we can come back from that,” said Ken calmly.

“That is the right choice Ken,” said Mark. “What about Paige?”

“When I told her, she got really cold. My guess is that she’s afraid of the scandal. You have to understand, she’s from a “Mainline” family. Her maiden name is ‘Haverford’.”

“She has to understand, the consequences,” stated Mark.

“I don’t think she has truly been ‘right’ since her rape. She barely let’s me touch her,” observed Ken. “Despite that, I don’t think she truly understands how dangerous these men are.”

“We’ll make her understand,” said Mark.

“Mark?”

“What?”

“Paige is acting kind of strange about you. She said that it was very important for her to talk to you alone and asked me to set it up.”

“Shit!” thought Mark to himself. Between her trauma and Mark’s magic, Paige had been influenced by him. At the time, he had not known about what had happened to her. If he had, he would never have turned up her affection for him. “She probably wants to feel me out about Jeremy.” Can’t this wait until morning?”

“No, she said it was important.”

“OK, tell her to meet me in the study.”

* * *

“Well, you certainly are a busy, young man?”

“I don’t understand what you mean,” stated Mark.

“I see the way all of those women stare at you,” grinned Paige, as she sauntered over to Mark.

Mark knew he was in trouble. He knew the wife and mother of his new friends was coming on to him. He also knew that Paige had been traumatized recently, so he knew he had to be careful in how he dealt with her. “I’m engaged to Patricia,” he said evenly.

“Yet practically every pretty young thing in the room wanted you. Do you know the weird thing?”

“No?”

“Patty wasn’t jealous. I could see that she knew what was going on, but it didn’t bother her. Not in the slightest.”

“Um… Paige, what are you getting at?”

“You know, Mark. I used to be a beauty queen. I was ‘Miss Greater Philadelphia’ and was a finalist for Miss Pennsylvania,” she husked.

“You’re a beautiful woman.”

“I’m glad you think so. Do you find me desirable? The man who raped me did. I didn’t want it, Mark. Really, I didn’t. But do you know something?”

“What?”

“The man made me feel alive. Once I gave in to the idea that it was going to happen, between the drugs and the way he made me feel. I felt so good, Mark,” she paused before continuing. “I can make it good for you Mark,” she moaned.

This was getting out of hand, Mark tried to get it to a point where she couldn’t escalate it to where Mark couldn’t refuse her. “Paige, it’s getting late…”

“Mark, please don’t leave me! I… need to feel beautiful! Ken doesn’t do that for me anymore. You said I’m beautiful, right?!”

“Yes, but…”

“Mark, Ken hasn’t really felt passion for me for a long time now.”

“He hasn’t?”

“Yeah. He and I stopped… you know. I guess he doesn’t feel that way about me anymore. He hasn’t touched me since…Oh Mark! You are so handsome and strong. Please! I need someone to touch me and make me feel something. I don’t want my last time to be with a rapist!”

“Last time?”

“I didn’t mean that…”

“Paige! You’re a beautiful, vibrant woman. Your husband does love you! I know he does.”

“Maybe but not the way I need to be loved. I feel dead inside. I don’t have anything anymore,” she said as a far off expression came over her face, followed by a tear.

When Mark looked into her eyes, he saw Marie. Sweet lovely Marie who had since become his father’s love but prior to that, he had saved her from potentially ending her life because she couldn’t see her self-worth. Mark knew he shouldn’t do it, but somehow he knew if he had rejected her she might do something rash. He would worry about getting her back on track with Ken tomorrow before they left for Miami and Rich’s game. For now, he would give her what she needed. He leaned over and kissed her sweetly on her lips. Soon their tongues were dueling.

She moaned into his mouth once she felt his hands on her ass. Her arousal began to assault his senses, filling him with incredible desire for her. He pulled her on the ground and he felt her hands tugging at his belt. Soon, his button and fly were undone and he felt her reach into his boxers and stroking his hardening cock. He tugged down her sweats and saw that she had been going commando”. “Oh Mark! Please I need you inside me!” she moaned as she temporarily let go of his erect member and yanked down his boxers, before stroking it along her drooling slit.

Mark was incredibly turned on he felt the head of his shaft disappear into the needy, but beautiful woman’s drench channel. “Oh!” he groaned, as she began to moan into his ear, as his length disappeared into her depths. Her pussy reminded him of Linda’s. It was at least as hot, steamy and wet.

“Oh yeah! Fuck me!” she moaned. “Take me, baby! I can feel you want me!”

Mark began to really want her. Her husband was a fool.

“Oh baby! I’m cumming on your cock!”

Mark then realized that he was about to make a “Linda Martino” sized mistake. At the last second, he put up his emotion shield. He groaned and flooded her with his seed, as she writhed under him.

In the afterglow of their lovemaking, Mark gently stroked her hair. Things had just became a lot more complicated. As he kissed her, he began to play with her settings. She saw her love and lust were off the charts for him. He surprisingly saw that while not all that high, her lust for her rapist was higher than her lust for her husband. Her love for Ken, while somewhat high, was still substantially lower than his level. He tweaked these feelings, lowering her lust for her rapist and raising her love and lust for her husband to match his level. He was somewhat surprised to see the absence of any guilt over her actions. For now he left it that way.

“You’re changing me, aren’t you?” moaned Paige groggily, reflecting her exhaustion.

“Yeah. You’ve just joined my family. Now it looks like I will need to change Ken too, so he can join.”

* * *

By 3AM, Ronnie had arrived outside the Winthrop compound. “Shit! I’ve heard of security, but this is ridiculous! You sure there in there?”

“Pretty sure. There are some fairly fresh tire tracks leading up the road.” observed Michael.

“What are you? ‘Daniel fuckin’ Boone’?”

“It must have snowed a little after they plowed.”

“OK. How can we get in?”

“It won’t be easy. The twenty five feet gate is electrified. Jamaal is working on trying to defeat the encryption to hack the security, but he’s not having any luck.”

“What about electric cables? Can we cut off the power?”

“Nope. According to Jamaal, they’re getting their juice for the gate from a generator somewhere on the property.

“Can we cut the phone and power to the house?”

“Yeah, but…”

“Just fuckin’ do it!”

Chip Winthrop was sound asleep, in between Edith and Marcy when he was awakened by a beeping noise.

“Chip honey, wake up. Did you set the alarm clock?” asked Marcy

“No,” he said. “Go back to sleep, baby. It’s the gate alarm. Some squirrel probably tripped it.” Chip leaned over and gave her a quick kiss. He smiled, as he saw his sleeping “other” wife. Edith could sleep through anything. He quickly put on his robe and slippers and padded out into the hallway.

When he got to the security panel in the foyer, he saw several people already there including his son, Jack Blake. Becca, Mark, Trish, Tommy Martinelli and Joe Martino.

“By the look on your faces, I gather this wasn’t caused by a squirrel,” stated Chip.

“Not unless these squirrels drive tricked out Hummers and Escalades,” observed Mark.

All of a sudden the foyer lights went out, before coming back on in about thirty seconds. “They cut the power,” said Phil.

“I bet the phone too,” said Tommy. “I’m sure you’re boys have caught the alarm and called the cops.”

“Yeah. That’s standard protocol,” replied Jack.

“Is there any danger that they’ll get in?” asked Becca with a frown.

“No, baby. The gates are tall and electrified,” reassured Jack.

“My grandfather was a paranoid man,” said Chip.

“Good thing,” piped Phil. “Do we know who they are and what they want?”

“Probably your typical home invaders,” said Joe.

“No, I think they are after the Killingsworth’s,” informed Mark.

“The loan shark?” asked Phil?”

“Yeah. By the look of the cameras there are about eight guys,” said Mark.

“Speaking of cameras wouldn’t they think to take them out?” asked Tommy.

“They did, but they were the dummy cameras. They are wired to look real. The actual cameras are wireless and hidden in trees,” said Chip.

“Looks like Great Grandpa wasn’t the only one who was paranoid,” smirked Phil to his dad.

“You’re not paranoid if people are really out to get you,” chuckled Chip.

* * *

“Damn! I still see they have power!” yelled Ronnie.

“I told you I was sure that they have generators, boss man,” said Michael.

“Can we wait them out until Jamaal cracks their security?”

“It’s likely that there may be some link in the system that may have tipped off private security or the cops.”

“It’s New Year’s Day at 3:30 AM. How many drunk, Barney Fife lookin’ mother-fuckers can they get from fuckin’ Mayberry RFD to come up here and stop us? Nah, we got the Concord ’Poe-leece’ outmanned and out gunned,” boasted Ronnie.

Jamaal then came running over. “Boss, I think you want to hear this.”

* * *

Jack had been talking to one of the invaders over the intercom. He had noticed the tampering with the system and realized that the hacker was pretty good. He knew there was a small chance, that the hacker would be able to crack the encryption before the police and John and his team could get there. While the juice to the cell tower had been cut, he had called his boss on his satellite phone. They were about a half an hour out. Jack and Chip both came to the conclusion that the Concord police would have trouble with the invaders. The cameras showed that it looked like they had semi-automatic machine pistols in addition to standard hand guns. Still, he doubted they had any sniper equipment. After the whole Shari Rivers rescue, he made a point not to leave home without his. Now he needed to stall until help arrived.

“I run this crew,” came a voice

Jack motioned Chip over to the intercom.

“Is this the owner of the house?” asked a voice.

“I am, replied Chip. What do you want here?”

“Shit, man, I’ll tell you what I fuckin want! I want my ho!”

“You’re what?” asked Chip

“Where the fuck is my ho?!”

“There’s nobody who meets that description here. You need to believe me, you are at the wrong house, sir!” said Jack, chiming in.

“Who are you?” asked Ronnie’s voice.

“He’s my designate. You will talk to him,” stated Chip tersely.

“I don’t care who I fuckin’ talk two. I want what I came for,”

“And we repeat that there is no prostitute here,” said Jack.

“We know she’s in there, I’m talkin’ about Paige Killingsworth. If you send that ho out now, I just might let you live.”

Jack picked up the walkie set for the same frequency and grabbed his bag and started walking up a flight of stairs.“Sir, it might be a good idea for you to know who you are dealing with before you make threats.”

“Deal with this, cracker!” said Ronnie, as Jack then heard a burst of automatic fire off in the distance.

The stupid son-of –a-bitch was more three quarters of a mile away. He had a snowball’s chance in hell of doing any damage with a fucking machine pistol at that range, still that was a bigger chance than he care to take.” “Sir, I urge you to reconsider your actions. 911 has been called and the police will be here in five minutes. You are not getting over the twenty-five foot electronic fence that surrounds the perimeter and you’re not going to hit anything with those popguns.”

“You think we’re afraid of some damn Deputy Dog lookin’ motherfuckin’ cops? Shit, It’s New Year’s eve. Half of them are getting shitfaced and the other half are trying to keep their dicks in their pants.

Another volley of shots was heard, as Jack got up to the top of the staircase over the attic, which was four floors up. Then he threw a light switch and opened the door with a key. He was on the roof. “Sir, I’m warning you. This is going to end badly for you.” He said as he unzipped his bag and pulled out a night vision scope. He looked down and saw the two vehicles, They were a late model Hummer and a brand new Escalade, as Mark reported. He saw eight figures milling around holding various fire arms that would be in the possession of drug dealers.

He then pulled out a box, opened it and went to work.

* * *

Ronnie Jackson and five of his men were aiming at the house between the bars of the entrance gate.

“Ronnie, the only way you can get through the gate, is to ram it with one of the cars, man,” said Michael.

“I’m not fuckin’ up my new Escalade or the Hummer for anything! Besides, there is no straight away to build up enough speed. Jamaal is just going to have to get his ass in gear,” Said Ronnie as he turned his attention to the intercom. “Hey you stupid cracker?! Aren’t you listening to what I’m saying?”

Jack’s voice came over sounding quite calm. “Sir I will give you one last chance to leave. Before it will be impossible for you to leave.”

“What the fuck, you Dudley Doo-Right lookin’ bastard! We ain’t going anywhere without that Paige whore!”

“Have it your way. But you should know something.”

“What?”

“You’ve never seen me to know what I look like and now you never will.”

All of a sudden Ronnie heard shots, as he saw both of his headlights on his Escalade go dark. “Shit! He’s shooting at us!” A few moments later both of the Hummer’s headlights went out.

“You asshole!” screamed Ronnie into the phone.

“You should know, sir, my boss and a team of six guys are coming and they’ll be here in about five minutes. From where I am, I see four police cruisers coming and they’ll be here in less than that.

“Your shittin’ me,” barked Ronnie.

Jack ignored his statement. “Sir, I hope there no hard feelings. I’m just a man doing my job, but in your particular case, it was a pleasure doing business with you,” said Jack smugly, as he turned off his walkie.

Jack considered firing a few more rounds to hit their tires, but the road to the property was unlit While the snow might give them a little illumination, the sky was overcast, so most likely they would drive into a ditch. Jack then grinned as he heard the sound of sirens in the distance. He disassembled his sniper rifle, found the four shell casings with the help of his trusty flashlight, picked them up and went back into the house.

* * *

Mark and the others were waiting in the foyer when they saw Jack come down the stairs in his coat.

“What happened? I heard four shots from the house.” asked Mark.

“Just a little target practice.”

“Hit anything?” asked Jason.

“Only everything I aimed at,” grinned Jack.

* * *

When the police arrived they picked up all eight of the men. They attempted to get to the main road, crashing into each other the whole way before both vehicles eventually wound up in a ditch stuck in a foot and a half of accumulated snow (it had been a cold and somewhat snowy start to winter). The six men took off into the snow carrying their arms. They were not dressed for the sub freezing temperatures and could not aim their weapons properly. Four of the men were wounded during their escape attempt. Only Ronnie Jackson was killed, when he slipped and fell into a steep ravine.

After numerous people were questioned, the police determined that the motive for the men being there was robbery. Their story that there was a “rich ghetto ho” they came to get was considered to be ludicrous by the officers at the scene. As the Winthrop’s were considered “pillars of the community”, the house was not searched for additional people. After hauling the non-wounded crooks into the cruisers, the police left. They would come back in the morning to impound the vehicles.

Mark, Trish, Jeff, Wendy, Bill, Sharon, Jason and Josie along with Ben and Reyna Meyer, would be leaving the following day for Miami to see Rich play in the National Championship Game at The Orange Bowl” against USC. Ben and Reyna would be meeting Rich’s family at there.

Mark knew that he needed to talk to Ken. He needed to make him understand that their marriage salvaged. Mark got some good news. After the police had left, Jack had broken into the Escolade and found a small laptop strapped under the seat along with a thumb drive. Jack couldn’t hack the encryption on the computer, but he was able to see what was on the drive. It contained eight video files all which seemed to contain the incriminating video of Paige. He would get one of his colleagues in the computer division to hack it later in the week.

Mark was somewhat hopeful. Perhaps this was it concerning the videos in question. Ken was too.

Mark then broke the news of what he and Paige did last night.

“Mark! I thought you were my friend!” yelled Ken in a mixture of sorrow and anger.

“I am. But Paige was going to kill herself and a lot of it was your fault.”

“My fault?!”

“Yes, your fault,” said Paige, as she walked into the room.

“What did I do?”

“That’s the problem. You haven’t done anything. You’ve barely touched me for the last two years and not since I’d been raped.”

“I was just trying to be sensitive to what you had gone through.”

“Sensitive, my ass!”

“Paige!!!!” yelled Ken, shocked at his wife’s lack of decorum.

“You’re just not attracted to me anymore. Mark made me feel something. He made me feel beautiful.”

“You are beautiful,” murmured Ken.

“Why didn’t you tell her that?” asked Mark, as he gently put his hand on Ken’s shoulder.

“I’m sure I have.”

“If so, not enough. I can’t remember the last time,” she said sadly. “Ken, I don’t think I want to be your wife anymore.”

Ken had gone from anger to stunned to now sorrow in a matter of a minute. “Paige, you can’t mean that.”

“What? You’re afraid I’m going to take all of your company and money?”

“Money? I was going to sell out everything and walk away from the company. You tell her, Mark.”

“It’s true Paige. Ken was put in an impossible position about you. He loved you enough to risk bringing you here; instead of letting Ronnie take you. He was willing to sell out to lessen any professional and person scandal you’re family would have to deal with…”

“But he doesn’t really love me,” cried Paige.

“He does,” said Mark quietly, as tears formed in Ken’s eyes. “You’re family is pretty dysfunctional, but I think it’s worth saving. Only you two can really make that determination. I can tell you that deep inside, you both love each other, but the problem is that you forgot how to show it. I’m going away for a several days. When I return, we’ll talk about what you’ll need to do to next. I’ve decided that I’m going to take you into my family, Ken?”

“Family?”

“Yes. Family. I’ve already taken Paige.”

“You sound like a cult.”

“Paige has her freewill.”

“I do. And I plan to execute it with you when you return,” she grinned, further wounding Ken.

“Paige?” asked Mark quiety.

“What?”

“That was totally uncalled for. Ken loves you. You may be a beautiful woman, but that was an ugly comment.”

Paige could not look at Mark. She knew he was right.

“Ken, I can’t tell you how sorry I am that you have to deal with this, but this is partly your fault too. You were neglecting your wife before the rape and you’ve been oblivious to what Paige really needs.”

Ken’s pain knew no depth. His anger had left him and all that was left was a sense of despair.

Paige looked at her husband. She had gone too far. “Kenny, I’m sorry baby.”

“It’s OK, Paige,” he lied.

“No it’s not Ken. Paige hurt you every bit as much as you hurt her. Tonight, I’m going to take that pain away. You are going to spend some time talking to the Martino’s,” said Mark before turning to Paige. “Paige, you’re going to spend some time with Elsie. Since you’re in the family now, I think you need to embrace the other side of your sexuality.”

“But Mark, I’m not gay.”

“Neither is Elsie. She became bisexual once she joined. Your body won’t give you much of a choice.”

“Can’t Paige stay with me?” asked Ken, as Paige surprisingly felt herself wishing that Mark would go along with her husband’s request.

“No. After you talk to the Martino’s, you will be sharing your bed with Linda.”

“But she and Joe are married…” complained Ken.

“Joe will be busy entertaining Sonia and Sarah,” smiled Mark.

“Two women?” asked Ken.

“I think that it’s only fair, after all, you’re sleeping with his wife. Besides they both really want to do it.”

“But it’s not right…”

“Ken, you will learn that this family is governed by love. Linda wants to show you how you should love a woman and how you should be loved by one,” said Mark, as he perceived a look of jealousy coming from Paige. “She wants to do this for you. She’s a vibrantly beautiful, sexy woman who is like a brunette version of Paige. I think she’ll make you very happy.”

“Will I be in the family after?”

“Not completely, but you’ll be tied to us. When I come back from Miami, we’ll finish the job. More importantly, Linda will help to heal you. Trust me. She is really good at that,” grinned Mark. “In the meantime, I want you and Paige to try to keep away from each other.”

Paige began to feel miserable. While she was attracted to Mark, she also felt attracted and was possessive toward Ken. While their passions had cooled, Ken had never been unfaithful. He had always been affectionate and loving with her. After making love to Mark, she had lost the sexual insanity triggered by the rape. Now her husband was going to be with another woman; a very sexy woman. “Mark, can’t we spend some time together?” asked Paige sadly.

“Not until I return. You two have been taking each other for granted. By the time this is all over, you will never do that again.”

* * *

“I can’t believe you just added Aunt Paige to your collection,” said Trish, as she her body and limbs were tangled with hers.”

“I didn’t officially do it. Her feelings of gratitude are driving her feelings for me more than my magic. Considering what she might have done, I didn’t really have a choice.”

“I suppose not. What about Uncle Ken?

“I’m having Joe and Linda talking to him. Then Linda will do him.

“I figured that Paige would just be a part-timer,” laughed Trish.

“Yeah. She’s pretty hot, though,” laughed Mark.

“You’re such a letch.”

“So are you?’

“No I’m not,” she complained.

“Well then how would you describe yourself?”

“As a bisexual slut,” she grinned.

“No! You’re not!” he said seriously.

“Then what am I?”

“My sweet Lady Trish,” he smiled tenderly, as he spoke.

Trish looked at Mark. His eyes were shining, the way they always did when he looked at her. Sure, she loved it when they rutted like they just did. He drove her passions like nobody ever could and despite his love for the others, she felt that she did that for him. Still, that look had little to do with passion. She couldn’t really put her finger on what it meant, but she had seen that look from Mark even before they had met. She laughed to herself, when she had caught him looking at her in their Intro Lit class freshman year. She had liked his eyes then, but now she knew what that look meant now. It was yearning. Mark yearned for her then, but was still yearning for her, despite the fact that she was already his. Her heart skipped a beat. “You’re not a letch. You’re my brave knight and I’ll belong to you,” she said before kissing him sweetly and then falling asleep in his arms.

The next morning, Ken was restless. While I knew Mark was powerful, he could not see how he and Paige could ever get back to being husband and wife. He thought that it was likely that divorce was in their future. Ken felt he needed to talk to Phil before his school chum left with Mark and the others for Rich’s game. “Hey Tripp.”

“You know I hate that name,” groaned Phil.

“Yeah, so do I.”

“Remember what they called us at Exeter? Trippity Trip.”

“Argh! Don’t remind me, “groaned Ken.

“Seriously, how are you holding up?”

Let’s see… I let my wife get raped. Then she cheated on me with a man I still consider my friend. Just to complete my trifecta of shame, my children had been running around, out of control. Other than that, ‘I’m good’, as the kids say today.

Phil couldn’t help himself from laughing and was surprised when Ken joined him.

“Look Ken, I’ve had a long talk with my future son-in-law and he thinks he can help.”

“I know. He told me. But what can he possibly do?”

“Ken, this may sound crazy, but Mark can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants. You saw him with Jeremy earlier, right?”

“Yeah, my youngest child is actually starting to act like a human being.”

“Well, you remember when I told you about my affair?”

“You mean with that hot horny, stupid slut secretary?”

“It turns out that she’s Sharon’s niece. She’s here tonight.”

“Holy shit! What happened?”

“Mark happened. She had been damaged by a piece of equipment that she had invented. Mark fixed the damage and she’s back to being a brilliant engineer. She and I have a very normal relationship now. Sharon loves her to death. She’s marrying Mike Caldwell next month. Sharon and I are more in love with each other than we’ve ever been. Trish loves us more than she ever has before and she and Wendy are back to being best friends again. Mark made all of this happen.”

Ken was speechless. So Phil continued. “Ken, take my advice. Don’t do anything rash with Paige. Trust Mark. He can fix this. He’s also going to help Kenny and Jeremy.”

“Why would he do this for us?”

“Partly because of you relationship with us, partly for his own reasons concerning his feelings about family and partly because he really cares about people. Just knowing him has made me a better person.”

“How does he do it?”

“He has the ability to control minds.”

“That sounds pretty crazy, old friend.”

“Yes it does. It’s also quite true. Let me ask you this. How did you feel about Mark when you first met him?”

“I didn’t think all that much of him, to be honest.”

“How do you feel about him now.”

“Obviously grateful to him for helping to save my life and my family.”

“But do you like him?”

“Despite the fact that he slept with Paige, I think of him like a son,” said a shocked Ken, realizing what he just said.

“You’re not the only one,” laughed Phil. “Buddy, you’ve been ‘Marked’.”

“’Marked?’”

“Yeah. It’s a name that Sharon came up with describing the phenomenon. Trust me buddy, there is not a day that I don’t thank God, that that boy walked into my life. Very soon I’m sure you’ll feel the same way.”

* * *

Before Mark left, with the group for the airport, he had a long talk with Paige Killingsworth. He explained the dynamic of their family. Then Mark realized that might not have been the best idea.

“Mark, I’m not sure I want to be married to Ken. I’d rather be yours.”

“Mine?”

“One of your wives. Your mistress, your whore… whatever you want.”

“Paige, you don’t mean that.”

“Mark, I know Ken. I could tell from a look in his eyes that he’s thinking about divorcing me.”

“You’re right. But there is a big difference between ‘thinking’ and ‘doing’. Your feelings are both really raw right now. A couple of days apart will help you both realize how much you want each other.”

“I know. I think I miss him already. Still, I’m going to miss you too, baby,” she said before giving him a deep kiss.

After breaking the kiss, Mark looked at her. “Regardless of what happens, you are mine. The question is whether you’ll be mostly Ken’s or completely mine. You have to trust me. Either way, I promise you’ll be happy.”

As Mark walked back to finish packing, he knew he had made the right choice with Paige. When she had seduced him, she was suicidal. Now, he had given her hope. That hope should keep her going until he returned from Miami.