The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Thank you for taking the time to read this, my first ever attempt at writing. I hope that you enjoy it, and would appreciate any constructive criticism or encouraging comments. You can send them to: Sex scenes begin in chapter three.

Overview: A drug that gives everyone a psychic ability has transformed the world. Brian discovers that he is a telepath, but because everyone’s mind is shielded, his talent is useless… or is it?

Insight

By: Rogue Knave

It all began forty-two years ago; in 2009 to be exact. A self-taught chemist who was down on his luck decided to try his hand at brewing up a special concoction to help resolve his financial difficulties. It didn’t take long before he began to experiment with the recipe in an attempt to lower production costs. Completely by mistake, he discovered something that would transform our world in the coming years. It turns out that the human cerebrum has some special wiring that most people, prior to 2013, were incapable of accessing. Oh, there have always been those special few who were able, in some very minor way, to scratch the surface of this latent segment of the mind. But their experience was akin to trying to find your way through a dark forest on a moonless night, with only the dim glow a watch to light the way. The chemist himself did not realize what he had stumbled upon; but his brew tore away the barrier between the conscious mind and this previously buried domain. In comparison to the feeble light of a watch, it was like the blazing headlight of a train illuminating the way through the dark forest.

Unwilling to experiment on himself, he mixed mere drops of the untested elixir into his already tried and true product. As the days and weeks passed, he did not notice any difference, adverse or otherwise, in his clientele. With his confidence boosted, he slowly began increasing the dosage, hoping to soon completely replace his product with this much cheaper version. Then, one day, two black, unmarked vans pulled into his driveway. The chemist was never seen or heard from again.

Over the next three years, in some secret location, the government experimented with and further refined the drug. When the experimentation turned down dark and immoral paths, a conscientious lab technician attempted to blow the whistle on this clandestine project... she too was never seen again. However, her example served to strengthen the bonds of friendship between her coworkers, spurring them on to complete her mission. Shortly thereafter, the recipe was anonymously posted in cyberspace. Within days, entrepreneurs began selling Flash, as it came to be known, in back rooms and alleyways across the globe, and the world changed in the blink of an eye.

During those early days, the planet, completely unprepared for this awakening, erupted into chaos. You see, what Flash does by unveiling this hidden corner of the mind, is to allow people permanent access to a latent psychic ability. While there have been documented cases of people with two, or even three abilities, they are exceedingly rare... and the multiply gifted nearly always demonstrate very little strength in any of their talents. As with physical strength and skill, psychic abilities vary in potency. With training and practice, one’s skill and strength can be increased, but only within the limits of his or her natural ability.

The talents fall into six main categories:

  1. Psychokinesis. This is by far the most common talent among humanity. The Ministry of Psionic Regulation, Identification, and Control (affectionately referred to as PRICk), estimates that approximately 58% of humanity has this talent. The psi ability of many of these people would be equivalent to their physical strength and endurance. However, many others have great strength and dexterity. A family friend, whose skill is considered above average (but not extraordinarily so), works at our local marina. She is able to lift and maneuver yachts in and out of storage without much difficulty. Psychokinetics are often called movers.
  2. Empathy. This second most common ability represents an estimated 17% of the population. These people, commonly referred to as sensitives, are able to perceive other people’s emotions. At its weakest level physical contact is required. As the strength of a sensitive increases so does their range of sensitivity. An average sensitive is able to pick up the emotions of individuals, both human and animal, up to 25 or 30 feet away. More powerful empaths are able to manipulate people’s feelings by projecting whatever emotion they wish the person or people to feel. Many empaths work in the medical field as their ability also allows them to sense and diagnose sicknesses and other physical problems.
  3. Clairvoyancy. While these people compose only 10% of the population, they are in high demand. Through precognition, retro-cognition, and discernment, they are able to both predict events before they happen, and discern details concerning past events. These intuitives, as they are known, must have direct contact with the people, objects, and locations connected to an event in order to discern anything related to it. The more impact an event has on the world, the more distantly, both in time and space, it can be discerned by clairvoyants. Therefore, these people tend to make very skilled detectives and often hold high-ranking corporation or government positions.
  4. Telepathy. With a mere 7% of humanity, telepathy shares the distinction, together with teleportation and astral projection, of being one of the least common abilities. While having, perhaps, the greatest potential of the six psychic categories, it is, in fact, the least useful of them. Telepathy is very closely related to empathy. As is the case with sensitives, a weak telepath must also have physical contact in order to hear the conscious thoughts of another person, or to speak thoughts to them. A telepath of average ability can do the same thing, without physical contact, up to about 25 or 30 feet away (they are usually also able to connect with the minds of the more intelligent species of animals). With time and sustained physical contact, a telepath (commonly called scanners, or the less flattering ferrets) of middling ability, can delve deeper into the unconscious mind to ferret out information. A powerful and skilled scanner is able to do these things at a greater distance, more quickly, and without physical contact. It has been rumored that some, elite scanners, were able to implant or remove memories, as well as program people’s thoughts and emotions.

    Unfortunately, this ability was rendered powerless with the discovery that physical contact with an inexpensive hematite gemstone somehow creates a shield around a person’s mind, granting them complete protection from telepathy. As you can imagine, within months, there was a thriving hematite based jewelry industry. From bracelets to earrings, watches to wedding bands; not a person alive, who isn’t a scanner themselves, does not carry a piece of hematite somewhere on their body. Some dentists even offer to implant small gemstones inside molars. This simple discovery rendered these awesome abilities almost completely ineffective. Telepaths now find work as interrogators for the police and military, or more respectably, in mental institutions, where their abilities allow them to assist people in overcoming their infirmities. Scanners can communicate with one another over great distances. Exactly how far depends upon the strength of the strongest scanner involved in the conversation.

  5. Astral projection. This ability, enjoyed by 6% of people, allows them to detach their consciousness from their physical bodies for short periods of time. In this state, they are able to travel quickly for distances as far as eight or ten miles, and to observe events without being detected. These people are often called ghosts, sneaks, or lurkers. Recent research has discovered that ghosts are not easily able to penetrate electromagnetic fields. The stronger the field, the more difficulty they experience in passing through it. It is suspected that the earth’s electromagnetic field is what limits the ghosts╒ range to just eight or ten miles.
  6. Teleportation. This final category has been one of the most useful and dangerous of abilities. Thankfully, only an estimated 2% of the world’s population has the ability to teleport. Only a fraction of those people are able to port objects with themselves much beyond their own clothing. All known porters have had to chose between accepting a GPS enabled explosive chip, surgically placed inside their skull, or having their ability removed via a simple process called silencing. The procedure is related to, but much simpler than, the famous lobotomies practiced in the mid 20th century. Concerned with how this ability could be used in war (imagine how simple it would be to deliver biological weapons, poison, explosives, etc. behind enemy lines) an international coalition was formed to keep an eye on these individuals.

For several weeks after Flash became public, governments and military forces around the world were unable to quell the resulting chaos. It was the people, ordinary civilians, who after weeks of living in fear, began to band together in order to bring a semblance of control to this new world.

As things began to settle down, governments were able to reassert command over their nations. Countries began to develop new laws, and policing divisions to enforce them. Now, nearly 38 years later, these abilities have become such an integral part of everyday life, that people cannot imagine living without them.

I was born three years after Flash transformed the human race. By then, rules had been made, protocols put in place, and, though the public discussion raged on, peace reigned once again. I remember as a child dreaming of the day when my ability would be awakened. PRICk rules the distribution of Flash in North America with an iron grip. In order to get Flash there were a number of prerequisites. All applicants must:

  1. Be at least 18 years old.
  2. Have a clean criminal record.
  3. Pass a course on ethics and civil responsibility.
  4. Register in the PRICK database.
  5. Take a post-Flash course, run by PRICk, on how to safely and responsibly use your ability.

I remember how nervous and excited I was for an entire month before my 18th birthday. My deepest desire was that I would turn out to be a powerful mover. However, when I awoke from the drug-induced stupor, I was devastated to discover that I my ability was telepathy. The post-Flash training course for telepathy consisted of a phone number to call if I had any questions. What, after all, was the purpose in training a person to use a useless ability?

Over the years since that depressing day I have often reflected bitterly on the hand life dealt me. My friends, my parents, my wife… who is a gifted empathy╔ they all have useful or at least usable abilities. Everything came to a head nearly a year ago, at a surprise party for my 35th birthday. Family and friends all gathered at my parents place, and the event started off well.

The evening wore on, and a couple of casual acquaintances had a bit too much to drink. They began making inappropriate advances on some of the ladies. I tried to ignore it, but when a guy named Jason smacked my sister on the butt as she walked past, I had had enough. Now, I’m just an average sized guy, and a sedentary lifestyle has helped me pack a few extra pounds around my waist. Jason, on the other hand, is a man’s man. He is big, strong, and has the calloused and powerful hands of a mechanic. He is also a fairly strong mover. But the situation really didn’t leave me much of a choice. “Hey, apologize to my sister,” I said, standing up and shoving Jason in the chest with my hand. If he had been a little less smashed he probably would have thought things through before reacting. As it was, however, after he regained his balance, he braced himself, swore at me, and took a mighty swing.

Under normal circumstances he would have easily crippled me. In his current state, though, I was able to easily dodge his wild but powerful punches. I pushed him back again, and this time he stumbled and fell against the wall. He looked at me with reckless hatred flashing in his eyes. I felt something grab me around the chest with a crushing force and then hurl me across the room, smashing me up against a wall fifteen feet away, and knocking the breath clean out of me. I hung there, pinned like an insect, dangling two feet above the floor. As people began to scream, Jason struggled to his feet, holding on to the mantle of the fireplace for balance. He looked at me from across the room with crazed eyes, and an iron fire poker that was propped up beside the fireplace slowly rose into the air beside him. Fear choked me, as I realized what he intended to do. A grin slowly spread across Jason’s face, and then the iron poker streaked towards my exposed chest. I tried to hurl myself out of the way, but his power was too great. Mere milliseconds before the spear reached me the kitchen table seemed to come to life, leaping into the air, turning sideways as it rose, creating a giant shield. The poker slammed into the table with such force that it sounded like a thunderclap. The thin wood of the table, no match for the iron bar, blew apart as the pole blasted through it. It was enough, though, to deflect the poker’s trajectory. It scrapped the left side of my ribcage, drawing a thin line of blood, as it thwacked into the wall and stuck there, humming as it quivered.

Silence descended on the room as everyone tried to come to terms with what they had just witnessed. It was my mother, also a psychokinetic, who had in desperation thrown the table up to protect me. She was the only one who wasn’t frozen in disbelief. Motioning quickly with her hand a large, heavy flowerpot flew across the room, hitting Jason a crushing blow, square in the chest, and throwing him off his feet and into the wall.

Whether it was the pot or the wall I’m not sure, but one or the other knocked him on the head hard enough to put him to sleep. I felt the pressure holding me against the wall suddenly disappear, and I dropped to the floor with a thud. The entire situation had happened so fast that I still hadn’t been able to recover the breath that had been knocked out of me. I was trembling like a leaf in a strong wind, and felt weak, and sick.

The police arrived ten or fifteen minutes later and Jason was drugged and taken away. Nobody felt much like partying after that dramatic scene. Soon everyone said goodnight, and headed back to their homes.

I couldn’t sleep that night with all the thoughts and emotions coursing through me. It was like I had stuck my finger into an emotional power outlet. I felt relief, gratitude, embarrassment, and a tinge of irrational fear that still clung on with determination. The most overwhelming feeling however, was shame. I felt as though my manhood had been ripped away from me. I had been like an infant in Jason’s awesome power, and there had been absolutely nothing I could do to defend myself. Then, to top it off, my mother had rescued me. Don’t get me wrong, I was grateful! But being rescued from a bully, by my mother, on my 35th birthday… it made me feel like I had been castrated!

Then it began to dawn on me that, in reality, I hadn’t lost anything; I had simply had my eyes opened to the truth. I was a weak man in a world of powerful and gifted people. I could do nothing to protect my family, or myself, if someone decided that they wanted what was mine. This shook me to my core, and, I’m ashamed to admit it, but I spent a good part of the next several days wallowing in drunken misery.

I didn’t know it at the time, but this was the catalyst that was to radically alter my life. Sometime in those days a muddled thought began to form in my pickled brain; I decided, for the first time in my life, to learn how to use my ability. That idea, when it was fully formed, gave birth to a renewed sense of purpose.