The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Golden Rule—Part II

As always, all comments and constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated. I can be reached at .

Alex-Eye View

Alex had just settled down at a table in the middle of the university student centre to study when she felt a strange tingling at the back of her neck.

//What the heck is...//

Her thought was interrupted by a sudden pushing sensation somewhere deep in her consciousness. Instinctively, she lashed out at the intrusion with her unique mental abilities, and it instantly withdrew. She fought the urge to look around her. Her heart was racing. She had never felt another power like her own before. It was frightening. It was disturbing. It was intriguing.

When she felt the pressure a second time, she was prepared. Wrapping her power around the unfamiliar presence, insulating it carefully from the rest of her mind, she allowed it to push deeper and deeper. Suddenly, it stopped, and she felt a strange buzzing sensation that, through her mental shield, filtered out into words.

Quitting time. Time to pack up and go home.

//Huh.//

She tried to weigh her options—she could just follow through with the suggestion and see who it was and what he or she wanted. The logical part of her mind rebelled at the thought. She could almost hear her mother’s voice advising her never to allow a stranger to lead her away from public places.

Ultimately, though, her curiosity got the best of her. In the nine years that she had been aware of her power, she had never once encountered anyone with the same ability, and the opportunity to meet someone who shared her gift was simply too rare to pass up. She tried to imitate the response of an unprotected mind, pushing back weakly at the command, then relaxing into unconscious surrender.

She glanced at her watch before gathering her books and rising from the table. It was half past one. David would be home now; she could always contact him if things did get out of hand. Driven equally by resolve and anticipation, she turned to the exit.

* * *

The closer she got to her apartment, however, the more uncertain she became. She made it up to her floor without incident, though she had fairly bounded into the elevator, pressing the ‘close doors’ button as soon as she was inside. Her pursuer had made her both drop her notebook at the front entrance to jamb it open and fumble her keys when she reached her floor—obviously a ploy to buy time so that he could catch up to her. Whoever this person was, he knew what he was doing.

When she reached the door to her apartment, she paused and considered simply rushing inside and locking it behind her. She hadn’t yet seen her stalker, but, judging by his consistent pressure on her consciousness, he didn’t seem to suspect that she was anything other than entirely at his command. She still had the psychological advantage in this situation.

She was quite sure by now, though, that whoever was pushing at her was male. His use of his power was somehow rougher than she imagined her own to be, indescribably masculine. So, in all likelihood, he would be bigger—and stronger—than she was. Once they were inside, the physical advantage would certainly be his, even if she could surprise him with her own abilities, and she somehow doubted that all he wanted was a chat over orange juice.

On the other hand, however, his abuse of his power seemed like all the more reason to see this situation through to the end. After all, if she didn’t deal with him now, he would doubtless just go on to someone less able to protect herself. If she couldn’t deal with him now, well...

She slipped her key into the lock and instantly felt the pressure build once more inside her mind. Meaning seeped through her hastily constructed mental barricade.

Leave it open behind you.

//Great.// She felt less than enthusiastic about this entire situation.

She turned the key. She wouldn’t be able to live with herself if she didn’t at least try to set this guy straight. Alex had promised herself that she would never use her particular talents to change anyone who didn’t want to be changed, but, in this case, when someone with the same gift was using it for something undeniably wrong, she felt ready to make a bit of an exception. Besides, he now knew not only what she looked like, but where she lived, as well. Even if she evaded him for the time being, it wouldn’t be long before he returned, better prepared.

The bolt slid back with a dull thud, and Alex pushed into her apartment, leaving the door behind her ajar while feigning more nonchalance than she genuinely felt. //Let the games begin,// she thought wryly.

Within moments, she heard the door click shut behind her, and her thoughts were suddenly flooded with his words.

You cannot scream. Your emotions paralyze you. You feel too weak to hurt me. You will answer all my questions truthfully.

The mental assault nearly left her gasping. Trembling, she turned to face her pursuer.

As soon as she saw him she knew. //Rape.// The word leapt to her mind with the speed of truth. She suddenly found herself remembering a conversation she’d once had with her friends. ‘Which would you rather,’ they had asked, ‘to be raped or to be dead?’ She recalled being the only one to pick the latter.

He was taller than she was and broad-shouldered. His dark hair contrasted his warm hazel eyes, which were almost jarring in a face set with such veiled malice.

“Are we alone here?” he asked, his voice deep and somehow tainted with predation.

“Yes.” She hadn’t meant to answer so quickly. For a moment she was afraid that she was under his power. She tightened her hold on his presence in her mind—she didn’t want him seeping out into her consciousness while she was distracted.

Suddenly, he stepped around her and grabbed her wrists, pulling them behind her back. She nearly lost it right then. It took all the self-control she could muster to keep her from screaming and giving herself away.

He wrapped his free arm around her waist and began dragging her towards her living room. She recited her ABC’s in her head as she made weak attempts at fending him off in order to prevent herself from giving in to her instinct to thrash, kick, bite, and punch until one of them was on the ground.

When they reached the living room, he threw her across the couch. Before she could recover her wits, he was on top of her.

There was absolutely no need to feign fear. She had never been so utterly frightened in her life. Her heart was in her throat. It was all she could do not to rip him apart, not to throw him from her and run.

But for all that she wanted physically to hurt him, she knew that she really only had one chance at coming out of this mess on top.

He reached one hand up and pressed it roughly against her breast.

//Holy shit. Holy shit.// He was really going to rape her. She wanted to lash out at him; she wanted to crush his perverted little mind, but she had to catch him off-guard. Right now, he was still too focused on her.

As if on cue, he reached down to unzip his pants.

Alex seized the moment and hit him with the full force of her power, thrusting him violently out of her thoughts. She felt the impact as his body jerked back. He looked as if his mind had just been thrown across the room. And had hit the wall.

While he sat in obvious shock, Alex took the opportunity to knee him hard in the groin. She might have temporarily hobbled his mind, but she would feel safer if his body was likewise out of commission. He doubled over, falling backwards onto the couch, and she jumped away, standing at a safe distance near the door.

It was at this moment that Alex realized that she had no idea what to do with him. His physical pain, and probably whatever psychological damage she had done, was temporary, but she had nothing handy with which to tie him up, no handcuffs, and none of the doors in her apartment locked from the outside.

//Shit.// Now she was in trouble. She had managed to disable his power, and now she was probably still going to be raped just because she hadn’t thought far enough in advance.

//No. No. I can always just get out of here.// Slightly calmed by that thought, she looked back at the stranger lying on her couch. He still looked confused, disoriented. //Good. This is probably the first time he’s felt someone else’s power, too.//

“Surprise, asshole,” she said, though, judging by the expression on his face, she doubted that he understood her words. While she still had the upper hand, she decided to give him another push, and she used the first that came to mind.

Sleep.

And he did. His eyes fluttered closed, his rapid breathing evened out, and his body relaxed.

Alex let out a slow breath, then left the room on a scavenger hunt.

* * *

Once she had his hands and feet securely bound to the legs of the couch, the rope she had found in her bedroom closet, left over from the last time she had moved house, strung taut over the arms of the sofa, she made her way towards the telephone in her kitchen. She punched the digits in with accustomed speed.

The phone at the other end rang once, twice.

“Hello?”

“Hi, David. Uh, I have a bit of a problem...” Her voice trailed off.

“What is it, love?”

“Well, what would you say if I told you I had a mind-controlling serial rapist tied to my living room couch?”

He paused. “Uh... Happy April Fool’s?” he said uncertainly.

“I don’t know who’s the biggest fool in this situation, but it’s after noon, so I promise you I’m not joking.”

“Oh my God... What the heck happened? Are you all right? What’s going on?” The words spilled out. Then, David paused, and when he spoke again it was in a quiet, dangerous tone. “He didn’t... do anything to you, did he?”

“No, no. I caught him by surprise. I guess he wasn’t expecting to encounter someone with the same ability. Right now, he’s still asleep, and I tied him down as best I could. I’d still feel a lot better, though, if you could come over.”

“For God’s sake, Alex, I’m not about to leave you alone with a maniac.”

“Great,” said she, relieved. “Bring my spare keys—I won’t be able to let you in.”

“Got it. I’ll be right there. See you in five minutes.”

* * *

As she awaited David’s arrival, Alex stood near the door to her living room, keeping a watchful eye on the unconscious man on her couch. She stayed on the threshold to be cautious—if the situation suddenly took a turn for the worst, she was prepared to bolt. Meanwhile, however, she was psychologically preparing herself for the potential battle to come.

As long as her captive remained oblivious, she had no power over his mind. So, once he awoke, she would have to act quickly, taking advantage of his initial disorientation. Her fear was that he might turn out to be more powerful than she. Even assuming that there was no innate difference in potency between their two talents, her opponent’s abilities had to be, at the very least, more refined than her own out of sheer use. After all, Alex obviously wasn’t the first girl he had attempted to ‘pick up’. She consoled herself with the knowledge that she was probably the first one with whom he had failed to do so—failed astronomically, in fact. She began to regret not messing around with her teachers more often back in high school.

The intruder stirred on the sofa, and Alex froze, mobilizing her thoughts against him. Then, he exhaled slowly, settling back into sleep, and she allowed herself to relax slightly once more, though she remained on her guard. Having him securely tied down made her feel better, but she knew that the real threat didn’t come from his body.

Alex tried to focus on her plan. She would have to pay close attention to him so that she could strike out the moment he awoke. If she could catch him off-guard, she might be able to stun him for long enough to attempt a partial mind-wipe. //Partial mind-wipe?// What was she thinking? She didn’t even know what that meant, let alone how to pull it off. An hour ago, she had been in the middle of another boring afternoon of studying morphology, and now she was contemplating an act out of a sci-fi movie. She was out of her league.

Making minor personality changes was relatively simple—one could “convince” a person to quit smoking with merely one or two straightforward mental commands. She had no idea, however, how many subtle preferences, tendencies, and memories played into the desire to rape. She sighed heavily, running a hand through her hair, unsure and uneasy. Her only hope was to catch him in those first moments after he returned to consciousness. If she could dispel the immediate threat posed by his presence, she would have all the time in the world to decide how to proceed from there.

Suddenly, there was a sharp click and the groan of old wood as her apartment door swung open. She almost jumped out of her skin.

“Alex?”

“Shhh...” she whispered, keeping her eyes trained on her uninvited guest and breathing deeply to calm the rapid-fire beating of her heart, which had nearly seized at the sudden noise. “I’m in here.”

She listened as David quietly shut the door behind him and crept towards the living room, the creaky sound of his rubber-soled shoes startling in the silence of the apartment. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched as he rounded the corner in the hall and tiptoed to her side.

“Are you okay?” he asked in a stage whisper, glancing warily at the man on the couch.

“I’m fine.” She exhaled slowly. “I’m really glad you’re here, though.”

“Me, too. What do you want me to do?”

“Just be back-up. I intend to catch him the moment he wakes up. We’ve just got to watch.”

“Okay.” David settled into an imposing stance behind her and to her right.

They stood in silence, watching the stranger on the chesterfield breathe. Alex nervously rehearsed possible scenarios in her mind, practicing simple commands she could thrust at him during his first moments of waking confusion. She grounded herself in David’s reassuring presence behind her. She could hear him breathing, too, and feel the warmth of his body crossing the air between them to press in gentle waves at her back. She only wished she could...

“Alex...”

And, at the crucial moment, she looked to David.

It took less than a second for her to follow his gaze to the open-eyed, smirking man on her living room couch, an instant for her eyes to travel the distance from the sofa back to meet with David’s once again. She was just in time to see them roll back in his head as a shudder passed through his body.

//Oh.//

When his eyelids fluttered open again, he was smirking, too.

//Shit.//

(To be continued.)