The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Girl in the Bookshop

Not for those under 18 (or whatever the legal age for this sort of stuff is in your area). If you’re not that old, Boo! Go away now. If you are offended by graphic descriptions of sexual activities, especially non-consensual ones, then don’t read this. All characters and situations are fictional.

Copyright © 2016

Archived on the Erotic Mind Control web site by permission of the author. This story may be downloaded for personal archiving as long as this notice is retained.

Jess leant against the cupboard behind the counter, arms folded. The store wasn’t quite so full as it had been and she was taking the chance to grab a break. Her two colleagues could take care of any customers for the moment. She’d been hard at work all morning and she wanted to take at least some weight off her feet. It wasn’t her actual break time yet, and there were no chairs in the store, so leaning against the cupboard was the best she could do. Not that she expected the respite to last for long, Christmas was only days away and more customers would probably come in soon. In some ways she hoped they would, and keep her busy. She didn’t want to think about after Christmas. The franchise contract for the store was up for renewal and the owner had decided to retire instead. So just Christmas, the after-Christmas sale to clear out the last of the stock, and that would be it. There was a faint hope that someone else might pick up the franchise, the mall they were in did want to keep the store. But there’d been no news so far, so Jess was resigned to having to look for a different job early in the new year. It wasn’t going to be easy, and she liked working in a bookstore. She’d miss the people she worked with, it was another reason why she was lounging here, tight fit as it was between counter and storage cupboards, so she could chat to Aidan. Luckily she was thin, lanky even. Aidan could squeeze out past her if he had to.

She’d miss the customers as well. Some of them at least. Jess liked books, liked talking about them. Some of the customers shared her tastes. Like the man at the counter now, she realised. Well, perhaps he did. He was buying a sequel to a book she owned, but hadn’t read. Not your average book, she’d bought it to feel a little daring. It was controversial, some of it explicit. Nothing your average bookstore couldn’t sell, but what did that mean anyway, post 50 shades. Still, it was enough to prompt her into conversation.

“Have you read the first one?” she asked. The man was older than her, maybe even old enough to be her father. She wasn’t sure how old he was, he certainly didn’t dress old, his style just a little unusual, making his age hard to pin down. She guessed he was in his 40’s, even though he was thin and his face didn’t have that many lines. As she wasn’t even 21 that meant he could be old enough to be her father. Talking to someone like that about the book gave her a little thrill, provocative and teasing without actually doing anything.

The man smiled at her and said, “Yes, it was pretty good.” He didn’t seem perturbed by a young woman asking him about it, despite the explicit sexual elements throughout the book.

“I’ve got the first one but I haven’t read it yet.” Jess didn’t know exactly what was in the book, but she knew enough, it pushed the boundaries just that little bit further. Not that anyone watching them would have guessed, they may as well have been discussing Harry Potter for all the reaction the man showed. He clearly liked the books, and just as clearly wasn’t embarrassed by them.

“You should, it’s worth it.” By then the man had made his purchase and was putting his card away. Aidan put the book in the standard paper bag and the man took it and left.

The conversation hadn’t amounted to much, but it had reminded Jess of the book. Maybe she should read it. More customers came in and one asked her for help in finding a gift for a nephew. Her little break was over.

A few minutes later the man was back in the shop, obviously looking for Jess.

“Excuse me,” he said, “Jess, wasn’t it?” His tone was polite, apologetic even.

“Yes?” she replied, wondering what he wanted.

“It is a bit explicit,” he said, obviously referring to the book they’d been discussing.

“That’s ok,” Jess smiled, trying to cover her embarrassment. A man that old telling her something like that made her just a little uncomfortable, “I know.” Which was only the truth.

“Oh, well,” the man shrugged, “Just thought you should know.”

Jess thought he’d meant well and at least that had been kind of him, not wanting to give her a recommendation for a book without letting her know what she was in for.

The rest of the day was as busy as she’d expected and Jess didn’t think any more about the man, or the book, until she returned home that night. After eating she realised that she was tired and in the mood for something to read. Then she saw the book they’d been talking about and thought, oh well, why not.

It wasn’t a hard read, or terribly long, but it held her right from the start. She found the main character fascinating, an odd mix of naïve and all too worldly-wise. It was strange to think of her as naïve, given how she earned her living, as a cam girl, but as the character herself said, she was, at least technically, a virgin, whatever she did for her paying customers. As the man had warned Jess, the book was explicit, describing in intimate detail the acts the girl performed on screen. Jess didn’t mind, she thought of herself as anything but a prude and it was well-written. It wasn’t just porn, the character was real and the descriptions took up surprisingly little of the book. There was more to it than that, mysteries, a kidnapping, murders, the heroine’s background, the traumas she’d suffered gradually revealed, a morbid striptease in their own way, and how those experiences had led her to choose her current lifestyle.

Jess finished the last page, finding a happier ending then she’d dared to hope for. She’d read the sequel, she decided, but not quite yet. She’d liked the book, liked it a lot, but it was something she’d need to digest for a little while before reading the next instalment.

After turning the light out, Jess found sleep difficult to come by, the story churning in her head. She’d been caught up in the book, the prose flowing by her. It wasn’t meant to be real, the girl’s situation so extreme, what she’d been through and what she’d done. Even being a cam girl, Jess couldn’t understand that. But then, she told herself, that was probably the most realistic part of the book. As far as she knew, women actually did that. Undressed on screen, on command, used toys, on themselves, as men halfway around the world jacked off to the transmitted images. Jess was no innocent, she owned a vibrator and was no stranger to its use. But the thought of using it on camera, naked, not knowing who or how many people were on the other end. And according to the book it wasn’t just men, sometimes it was women who were watching. Mostly men though, apparently.

Sleep took her, and she was able to stop worrying.

Christmas came and went and Jess didn’t think of the book, or the man who had prompted her to finally ready it. Until, that is, he came back to the shop. This time she was on the counter, and he was making a far less racy purchase, a run of the mill fantasy title. The run out sale had started and he was probably grabbing what he could get.

“So,” he said, “read it yet?”

Jess knew what he was referring to, that book. She bit her lip, unsure how to reply. Nobody else would know what he was referring to. She knew though, he was asking her about a book where a girl, about her age, made her living as a cam girl. A book that described, in intimate detail, exactly what she did. How she exposed herself, used toys, dildos, vibrators, on herself, in her mouth, in her, in her and Jess wanted to think a different word, but pussy was all she could manage. A book where the girl did as she was told by the men paying her by the minute in private chat, where she sold videos of her sessions, so anyone who wanted could see what she did. It didn’t matter how much older than her the man was, he was a man and she was a woman and they were discussing something so explicit.

“No,” she lied. Jess shivered, and couldn’t tell if it was from guilt or arousal.

“Oh well,” the man shrugged, “you should.” Then he changed topic. “How much longer does the sale last?”

“A few weeks yet.” Jess replied, happy to be back on safer ground.

“Thanks, I’ll try and get back in, see if there’s anything else I want.” After a pause he added, “Pity it’s closing, must be hard for you. I’m sure you’ll find something.”

Jess looked up, looked into his eyes. She was sure he’d meant it kindly, his tone was only that. But she thought he might have put too much of an emphasis on that last word. She looked in his eyes and images were flowing around her head. Of lingerie and dildos and vibrators and plugs. Of cameras and lights and a face reflecting off the lens. Her face. He couldn’t mean it. She couldn’t be thinking it. That she should do what the girl in the book did. Yes, the girl claimed to earn an enormous amount, and that looked attractive when you were about to lose your job. But what the girl did was degrading and humiliating and pornographic. Not what Jess wanted for herself. He couldn’t mean that.

Jess managed to avoid thinking of the encounter again until she lay in her bed that night. She was still sure that it must have been her imagination. The man couldn’t have meant that she should do that. Finger herself, take a vibrator and push it into herself, as some man she didn’t know, watched her, that she could only see if he paid the extra for a two-way connection. And if he did pay, watch as he jacked off to what she was doing. Tell her audience how much she was getting off on it as she stripped out of her skimpy lingerie, how much she wanted them. She was sure it was something she’d never do, would never want to do. But she couldn’t deny how hot the idea was making her, she remembered some of the words from the book, how the girl would pretend that the toys she used on herself where the member of the man on the other end of the connection.

Desperately Jess scrabbled for her vibrator. She didn’t care how wrong it was, she needed it now. She drove into herself, amazed at how wet she was. Lines from the book were in her head and then she realised she was saying them “I really need you inside of me. I’ve been waiting all day for your big cock.” It was wrong and demeaning and oh so right. She was thrusting the vibrator in and out of herself as it hummed away, “God, baby, you are so fucking deep in me. This is what I needed.” She imagined the cameras, and the lights and her image on a screen. Her back arched, under the covers, as she came, and at least, she thought, it was under the covers, not with the whole world watching. Then she shivered as that thought set off delicious aftershocks in her body.

Jess was too embarrassed to even think about what she’d done, cumming to the fantasy of being a cam girl. She pushed it out of her mind, didn’t think about it again, not for days, not until she saw the man in the shop again. She didn’t want to serve him, didn’t want to talk to him. But she had no choice. She was the only one at the counter. She couldn’t just run away, no matter how much she wanted to. And even asking him to wait and then finding someone else to serve him would involve some conversation. Better, she thought, just to make the sale and be done with it.

The man was as polite as any customer, and said nothing more than you’d expect. Jess began to relax as she handed him the bag with his purchase. But then he leant over to her, just a little. She was looking into his eyes, couldn’t avoid it. More than anything else Jess wanted to look away, but she couldn’t. The man’s gaze held her, her body unable to obey her desire to move. She could sense things building in her head, images beginning to form. Then he spoke to her, very quietly, just a few words, before he turned and walked away “Have you thought about it?”

It could have been anything, he could have meant anything. But Jess knew, and she knew that he knew, and the images exploded through her mind. Her fingers were inside her and she was deep-throating a dildo and when she was wet enough she took it out of her mouth and began ramming it into herself, all the while smiling into a camera and saying how much she needed it.

Jess felt her legs buckling and she had to hold onto the counter to stay upright. Aidan asked if she was all right, but Jess waved him away as she felt her balance returning.

That night Jess couldn’t help but have her vibrator with her as she turned out the light. She didn’t want to, was afraid of what she might do, what images her mind might conjure up. But she couldn’t stop herself. She was edgy and nervous and those feelings didn’t start to subside until she had her hand around the vibrator. She could feel how deep her breathing was.

As she snuggled under the covers Jess realised that she was naked. She could barely remember undressing, no thought given to her night wear. It didn’t matter, it felt right. She held the vibrator out before her, the shape looming in the dark. “Oh, you’re so big baby.” She didn’t know when her arousal had started, but it was claiming her now, her nipples hard against the sheet.

She took the vibrator into her mouth, sucked it down, ran her tongue over it. Her legs were moving under the bedclothes, writhing, she couldn’t control them. When she thought she was good and ready she took the vibrator out of her mouth and plunged it in to her eager snatch. “Oh yeah, give it to me, that’s what I need, so deep, so big, yeah.” The hum and thrusting were pushing her higher and she could feel her orgasm, the taste of it on her tongue and then. Nothing. Jess whimpered as the feeling slipped away. She tried again, tried to hold on to the images but it didn’t work, wasn’t enough. She needed something else, she needed…

Jess knew what she needed, she could feel her eyes widening as she thought of it. She bit her lip, gently, wondering if she could, if she should. It didn’t matter if she should, she knew she had to, or she just wouldn’t get what she needed. With one hand she pulled the vibrator out of her pussy, the wet slipping sound provoking a mix of embarrassment and arousal, with the other hand she threw back the bed clothes. In the dark she padded over to the light switch. Swallowing, she turned it on.

After a moment’s hesitation she looked in the mirror, full length on her wardrobe door. She could see her long, lanky frame. Sometimes she thought she was a little too thin, not quite enough curves, but men seemed to like it. She could see her own nakedness, nipples erect on her b-cup breasts, her pussy unmistakeably moist. She could see the flush in her face, arousal unmistakeable, the vibrator in her hand.

Jess slipped to her knees, still facing the mirror. Her wavy brown hair, that grew three-quarters of the way down her back, was almost brushing the carpet. She had too see, had to know, what she would look like if, if. She couldn’t complete the thought, didn’t dare. Her fingers found their way to her pussy, spread her lips wide, she could see the pink wetness, glistening in the mirror. “Look how wet I am for you.”

Then Jess shoved the vibrator into herself, hard and fast, not bothering to turn it on. Her eyes began to lose focus, she wanted to throw her head back and moan her pleasure into the empty room. But she didn’t, she made herself watch, she had to see. So she watched, as with one hand she thrust the toy in and out, saw it spread her lips wide, as the other hand played with her nipples. “Oh yeah, you’re so big, you’re going so deep.” Then she came, her body shaking as the sensation flowed through her, the hand that had been playing with her nipples now supporting her so that she didn’t fall over. She could still see the vibrator, lodged within her, it was perverse and wrong and the image drove into her skull, setting off spark after spark.

A few minutes later Jess shivered in embarrassment as she finally extracted her toy. She felt sick, not really believing what she’d done, how much she’d enjoyed it. She couldn’t do it again, wouldn’t do it again. And all the next day she kept telling herself that, whenever she couldn’t stop herself thinking of what she’d done. Never again, she told herself, every time, until she found herself naked and wet again, in front of the mirror, vibrator in hand. Jess couldn’t understand how she’d let herself get here again. But she needed it, need to cum, she’d barely stepped in the door, hadn’t bothered with food, before she was stripping off her clothes.

Jess was plunging the vibrator in and out of herself, feeling her arousal take hold. Then she stopped, and hung her head, and cried. Not in shame, or regret, but because she knew it wasn’t enough, it wasn’t going to get her off. Sighing, she got to her feet. She could just say no, put some clothes on, get something to eat and try to forget this strange fetish that was eating away at her mind. Or she could…

Jess opened her wardrobe, pulled out some clothes. They weren’t clothes to make her forget. They were short, and skimpy and the panties she put on were lacy and high-cut. Her arousal wouldn’t go away and she needed to cum.

Swallowing, she sat in front of her laptop, turned on the web cam. She wasn’t recording, wasn’t broadcasting. But she needed to see, not a reflection, but what she would look like, on video, on some stranger’s screen. She pulled back, so most of her was visible on screen.

“You want me to touch myself? Like this?” she asked no-one as she hiked up her short skirt and ran her fingers over the black lace encasing her pussy. She could feel how wet she was, how much she wanted to plunge something into her waiting pussy. But she knew that wasn’t what a man would want. Knew that wasn’t what the girl in the book would do. She’d draw it out as the dollars rolled in, a private session, paid by the minute.

“I want you to fuck me but first I want to suck your cock. I want to gag on your yummy meat.”

Jess shoved the toy down her throat, a quick, hard, movement. Down, until she gagged, then back out again. She couldn’t take her eyes off the screen. Maybe, she thought, she should look at the camera, but it was near the edge of the screen, so it was close enough. She was jacking off the toy as she sucked it down, over and over, her eyes almost as wet as her pussy, cheeks moving in and out as she swallowed the toy and then withdrew it. Occasionally she’d pull it all the way out, slap her cheeks with the saliva-covered toy, echoing something she remembered from the book.

“Please? Now? I want you so bad.”

Jess stood up and pulled her panties down, then was back in her chair, skirt hiked up around her waist as she began thrusting the vibrator, slick with her own saliva, in and out of her pussy. It moved so easily, wet from juices from both her holes.

“Oh yeah, fuck me, fuck me hard, so deep, so good.”

She could feel the orgasm rising, and it was so hard to keep her eyes on the screen. She knew an actual cam girl wouldn’t watch. She wouldn’t need to, the display all for whoever was watching. But Jess needed to see it, needed to know what she’d look like. The idea of someone watching was enough, was tipping her over the edge, she felt so full, so exposed, her image on the screen penetrating her mind as deeply as the toy penetrated her pussy, thrusting hard into her, leaving nothing to the imagination.

Jess watched as she came, jamming the vibrator as deep inside her as she could manage. She was left panting in the chair, the images bouncing around her head. It was so hard to reach over and turn off her computer. And then she just sat there, biting her lip, nervously, unable to understand what she’d just done. She’d never felt so good in her life, never cum so hard and long. It scared her, she didn’t know what she was becoming. But for orgasms like that, she couldn’t say no.

For a week it was Jess’ nightly ritual. Get home, put on something skimpy, or even some of the lingerie she had or the school girl uniform she bought. She scoured the book, not re-reading it, but just looking for the cam sessions, learning the lines the girl used and then repeating them in front of the camera or improvising her own, as she stripped and exposed herself, spread herself wide, took her fingers and her vibrator deep within her and came in orgasms she’d never imagined. And always she was so careful to make sure that the camera wasn’t recording and the internet was turned off. It was her fantasy, her private fantasy and she was determined to be careful.

The last day of the sale, the last day the shop would be open, came almost before Jess knew it. With a sinking feeling she realised that she hadn’t done anything about looking for a new job. The owner had given them all references, and her severance pay would support her for a while, but she’d need to find something to support herself, let alone continue her studies.

Little stock left meant few customers, and Jess’ mind was drifting as she minded the counter, wondering what she was going to do, how she’d find an income, when she was jolted back to the present. The man was standing in front of her, one last purchase in hand. She hadn’t thought of him since the last time she’d seen him in the shop. She didn’t know what to say, didn’t know what to do. Did he know what she’d been doing? He must have some idea, know that it was at least a possibility, given what he’d said to her last time. Nervously, saying as little as possible, she took his money, put his purchase in a bag. He smiled and thanked her and just when thought she was safe, thought he was about to leave, he leant over to her and whispered “You’ll never cum again unless someone is watching you on camera.” Then he walked away.

Jess wanted to scream, cry, stamp her foot, run after the man and demand an explanation, demand he take back what he’d said. She didn’t. She just stood there, stunned, feeling the words sink into her, leech into her mind, take over and twist her sexuality.

After a few minutes of standing there numbly Jess started to cry. Aidan noticed and came over.

“You okay Jess?” he asked.

“Yes, no, I,” Jess didn’t know what to say. Her world was collapsing around her, she wanted to deny the changes she felt in her mind but didn’t know how.

“It’s all right,” Aidan smiled at her, “I get it. I can finish up if you want to leave now.”

Aidan didn’t get it, didn’t get it all. But if he wanted to think that Jess’ distress came from the end of the shop then she wasn’t going to tell him the truth. She couldn’t, could barely admit it to herself. There was no way what the man had said was true, no way mere words could make it true. Jess tried to tell herself that, as she stumbled away, tried so hard to convince herself, all the way home.

It didn’t work. Jess knew, as she knew her right hand from her left, as she knew black from white, that she had two choices. She didn’t know how she knew, didn’t know how it could be possible, but she knew, that they were all the choices she had. Resign herself to never having an orgasm ever again in her whole life. That was the price she’d have to pay to forget this, to be normal, or as close to normal as she would ever get. Or become what the girl in the book was, perform on camera, expose herself, humiliate herself. And get to come over and over and over.

It wasn’t a hard choice in the end, not really. Jess knew exactly what to do. The book told her, it was her bible. And what she couldn’t find there she could find on the internet. Her severance pay was enough to buy what she needed, cameras, lights, toys, clothes, a tablet, just like the girl in the book, setup to control the cameras and lights, the images she’d send out, zoom in on every inch of her body, or pull back to show everything she had.

Not that it was easy. It took weeks for everything to arrive, to get it set up and working, sign up to a site. Weeks in which Jess was frustrated, unable to get herself off, in which doubts and fears flickered, flamed and died. In which she screamed, over and over, as she tried and tried to get herself off and failed every time.

Finally everything was ready, lights on, cameras on, website set up. A public session first, of course, she needed to attract customers. Jess wasn’t going to use her real name, that would just be stupid, inviting trouble, plus she had security on her systems to stop anyone tracking her. Jess needed a different name, one to use for her new line of work. The girl in the book used a different name for that too. It was one of the things that had caught Jess right from the start, held her, despite the little tremors of fear it had given her. The name the girl in the book used for her cam sessions was Jessica. So there was only one name Jess could use.

“Hi boys, I’m Deanna. Who wants to play with me?”

The End