The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Gifted

By Wadman

Chapter 9 — Off to see the wizard

Now, normally at this point, I should whip off a line about how amazing magic is, or how surprised I was by what happened when the card came to life, or something like that. I should, but I won’t. I was starting to expect anything, and while the surprise factor had not dropped, it had been muted a little.

So I sighed a little, then sat in a dining table chair that was nearby. “Tell me your name,” I said to the kneeling woman.

She looked up slightly and said, “I am the Ten of Swords, my lord.”

“No, your real name.” I pointed her to another dining table chair.

She sat, and replied, “My name was Luisa Maria del Silvestro, my lord, before the mage ensorcelled me.”

Suddenly, Pam came running in the room, armed with her pistol. “Easy, there, tiger,” I said to her. “We appear to have a new friend, yet again.” I saw the others behind her, back by the doorway into the room.

Pam lowered her weapon, and said, “Sorry, master. We heard a new voice, and got worried...”

I grinned back at her. “It concerned me, at first, but it appears that Luisa here...” I pointed at the girl from the card. “...serves whoever calls her forth. Right, Lusia?” I turned back to her and saw her studying Pam’s 9 millimeter pistol intensely.

Luisa said, still looking at the gun, “Yes, my lord. Whoever calls me forth commands me and receives my protection. I speak their language and know current martial methods... May I see your weapon?” The last was directed at Pam, not me.

Pam raised her eyebrows and looked quizzically at Luisa. “Why?”

“So that I may understand them, to better protect my charge.” Luisa said flatly, as if explaining to a child.

“Master?” Pam looked to me, and seemed not especially willing to do it.

“Give her the 9 mil, Pam,” I responded, waving a hand in resignation.

Pam gave her the pistol, then stepped in between Luisa and I.

Luisa held the pistol in both hands and studied it. Without looking up, she said in a casual way, a little aimed at Pam, “If I had wanted to kill him, I could have already, either with my weapons or with my bare hands. You would be no greater challenge.”

Pam bristled, and said, “I’d like to see that happen.”

Luisa glanced up at her. “By your way of address to my charge, I sense that you serve him too. You are therefore not an enemy. Therefore it won’t happen.” She handed the gun back to Pam, then said to her, “Do you know of armor that can stop the projectiles of this weapon?”

Pam shook her head and snickered. “Same to you, lady. Yes, there’s armor that will stop it—kevlar, a very strong cloth made artificially. It’s not generally available...”

Luisa dismissed her with a curt wave. “That is all I need to know.” She returned the gun to Pam, then stepped to the side of Pam and addressed me. “My lord, would you please return me to the card so that I can modify my weapons and armor to current standards? You may then recall me.”

I was now a little mystified myself. “Sure. I bid you return.”

Luisa suddenly turned back into an origami life-sized figure, which unfolded and shrank to become the tarot card again. I picked up the card and turned it face side up. The image was the same woman, but she now appeared in a tight fitting black spandex outfit, with thicker areas around her torso (for the kevlar, I assumed). She was armed with a submachinegun that looked pretty deadly, and carried a holstered pistol at her side, along with a long blade knife in a sheath at her hip. The dark clothing accentuated her southern European looks. I called her forth, and the card did its thing.

When she had appeared, dressed as the image from the card, she sighed contentedly. “Much better. I knew that I was out of date, but not how badly.” She looked at Pam appreciatively. “Thank you for the upgrade.”

I looked at Luisa for a moment. “Sit again, if you want. So how did you end up like this?”

Luisa sat, and said, “Changing my equipment and fighting techniques are...”

I shook my head. “No, as the image on an enchanted tarot card.”

She stopped for a moment and closed her eyes, as if remembering was difficult. She then took a breath and said, “In the Year of Our Lord 1379, my father, a merchant (and a Castillian that had fled the Moors) lived in Florence. My mother was a servant at an inn that my father tended to stay at. They fell in love and wed, and my father took a job managing the finances of a local noble. A year later, my birth followed. A decade later, the noble was rich, but in becoming so, he had fallen out of favor with his liege, and five years after that, when a company of mercenaries attacked the noble’s land, his liege did nothing to protect him. Eventually, the mercenaries attacked and took the noble’s fortified home and killed many there, including my mother and father. I was captured and raped repeatedly by the mercenaries, then sold to a sorceror from Florence.”

She paused, finally opening her eyes. “The mage was making a tableau de protere—a deck of defense, it would be called now. While I do not understand fully what was done, it would seem that the use of the tarot deck allowed the spells required to be used to be cast into the cards. He showed me several cards he had made. A two and three of swords—two heavily armed men, both of large size and fighting skill, and a five of wands—a firey norse maiden, armed with a magic staff. I became the card that you first saw. I have served several masters since then, all old sorcerors of one sort or another, who have used me as a protector, and often more than that.”

That didn’t sound good. I decided to change the subject... “And how do the cards work as magic items?” I asked her as I considered her armed status.

“I can defeat most people in combat, either ranged, melee, or hand to hand. I can also defeat any lower ranked protection card. I will obey any commands you give me, and I will appear whenever and whereever you summon me forth with the card. I must be returned to card form at least one hour every day.”

The poor girl had been made subservient to a series of old farts! I moved to put my hand on her shoulder, and she flinched away. I continued the motion, and reached her shoulder, then squeezed it. “Easy, Luisa. I don’t want to hurt you!”

She looked down, hiding her face behind her hair. “My lord, I am your servant and protector. I am unworthy of your attention.”

I moved my hand up to her chin and tilted her face up to me. “In any century, you’d be a beautiful woman. My attention is warranted by that fact, at least.” I leaned forward and kissed her, which she resisted initially. After a few seconds, she leaned into me and put her hand on the side of my face.

When we broke the kiss, Luisa smiled sheepishly and said, “This may make it complicated for me to protect you.”

* * *

After some discussion, we decided that Emma and Tessa should ride to Vegas in the hat, seeing as how Emma may have been too recognizable as Waldo’s assistant, and Tessa had served “the Beard.” Pam should be in the hat also, but she wanted to talk on the way there, so she and Luisa rode to Vegas. Pam would get in the hat when we stopped along the road outside of town.

For Emma, going into the hat was old hat. I gave her a kiss, then gently grasped her neck from the back and pushed her towards the hat, and “pop” she was gone.

I turned to Tessa. “See, no problem. Ready?” I reached behind her neck.

She looked a little frightened by the process, so I looked flatly at her and said, “Relax.” Tessa’s eyes fluttered, and she leaned backwards a little. I caught her in my hand, then took the hat, and repeated the process as I had done it with Emma. Tessa and Emma were now just mental images in my head when I held the hat. Pam was a little google-eyed by the whole thing, but seemed to accept the existance of whatever it was I was doing.

Pam, Luisa, and I grabbed the suitcases and stowed them, then I returned to the house and got the magic items—the hat, the wand, and the cane would stay with me, and the box was in the hat for storage. I locked the front door and got in my car, and we were off to Vegas.

Pam and I spent about thirty minutes filling in Luisa under the theory that an informed protector was more effective than an uninformed one, and Luisa seemed interested, asking several questions. She seemed very interested in “the Beard’s” hired muscle, since they were the people who’d probably be after me the most.

After that, we talked a little, about a lot of things. Pam and Luisa seemed to get along well after that initial dustup, and we flled Luisa in on hhistorical events since her last use. As we got closer, Pam gave me a credit card that had a corporate identity on it that she sometimes used, telling me that “the Beard” may have already controlled some workers at the hotel, and that she knew that the card had not been used in over a year, so I should be safe to use it to check in.

“Well, I may have to use the wand to get through check-in...” I smiled at her.

Pam shook her head. “Master, get serious. Kensington...”

“Oh, I take Kensington seriously. I’ll be careful.” I patted Pam’s head. “Thanks for the card. What name should I use?”

Pam thought for a moment. “Use...oh, crap.” She dug in a folder and pulled out a business card with the name Sam Jones on it. “It’s a generic name, male or female. Useful for me or for any male I may be working with.”

Now I shook my head. “Okay, a plan. Hope that the wand works. And use the card.”

* * *

We’d stopped about an hour outside the city and I’d put Pam in the hat. Then Luisa and I had the car to our selves.

We drove on in silence for a few minutes. I sensed that Luisa wanted to say something to me, but I didn’t know what it was. So I glanced over and asked. “What’s up?”

“Pardon?” She looked at me sidelong.

“You want to say something?” I put my hand on her knee and squeezed.

Luisa smiled at me. (When she did that, she looked much less threatening!) “You’re not like the masters I’ve had before.”

“Younger? More handsome? Sillier?”

She took my hand. “All that, and more. How you treat those others—they are your abject slaves! Yet you care for them...”

“Well, they’re that way because it was the only way I could free them from Kensington. I didn’t have a lot of choice about how to do it. They serve me, but I’d like to think that I’m better to them than he ever could be.”

Luisa used her hand to guide mine up her leg. “I too am your servant, in every way, my lord. I will do whatever you command.” Her hand took my hand up to her groin and left it there. Then, she unzipped her outfit and revealed her firm body to me. Her breasts (medium sized ones) stood out from her chest unsupported, and the aureoles were almost dark purple. A thatch of hair barely visible at the bottom of the zipper matched the color of her hair. “Do you think that you could stop this vehicle, my lord, so that I may serve you more completely?” She re-took my hand and led it up her chest, over both breasts, and then back down to the thatch of hair...

I nearly drove off the road at that point, but I was able to get to a parking lot.

* * *

Luisa was remarkable for one thing. Okay—lots of things, but the most remarkable thing was her strength and limberness. She was on top of me, riding my penis in and out of her, her breasts matching her body’s up and down motion with an appealing motion of their own.

Her tight vagina seemed to be pulling the very orgasm out of me. Not that that was a problem. Suddenly, she lay on me and squeezed me with her arms—her wiry strength was surprising. She gasped out, “Oh, my lord, I have never felt this way before...”

I flipped her over, so that I was on top, thrusting down into her. Suddenly, she shook violently—I couldn’t tell whether it was an orgasm or convulsions, that’s how wildly she moved. It was at that point that I came into her, and we collapsed together in the back seat of my car, me still inside her.

Luisa was the first to speak. “That was unlike anything I have ever encountered. Certainly, I have laid with many a mage, but most are old and withered. You, on the other hand...”

“I don’t want to know!” I covered my ears. “La la la la!”

She smiled again, one of those “reduce her threat level by two orders of magnitude” things. I smiled back, and kissed her.

* * *

I drove into the parking lot of the hotel, handed my keys to a valet, took the ticket from him, and walked in, Luisa by my side. Her arms and armor had somehow disappeared the last time I had returned her to card form on her advice, just a few moments before we had reached the hotel, so other than her black jumpsuit and boots, she was unencumbered. I carried the wand in my sleeve, and the hat in a small case (along with the walking stick—the box was folded up and put into the hat, which held it quite nicely).

We walked to the desk, and I attracted the attention of a clerk—a nice brunette one, with pert looking breasts, dark eyes, and a dazzling smile on her pretty face.

“Hello, sir. Do you have a reservation?” She flashed the smile at us.

I shook my head, and affected a bit of a drawl. “Nope. ma’am. Just thought we’d run up here for the weekend. Do ya’ have anything?” I noticed that no-one was immediately near us, so I decided to try using the wand.

The woman started to shake her head. “No, nothing...”

I slightly extended the tip of the wand from my sleeve taking it in my fingers so that I held it just short of the outside end, and pointed it at her, then thought, Entrance.

The woman’s eyes glazed slightly, but locked on to mine. “...is available,” she finished slowly.

“Check again. You should find me something nice, please?” I said it like a question, but it was a command to her, and she seemed to be carrying it out.

The desk clerk looked down briefly, and said, “The reservation for Room 658 just expired. You could have that one.” Her eyes re-acquired mine.

I continued to point the wand at the woman, and read her name tag. “That would be nice of you... uh, Shelley. You enjoy helping people, don’t you. It makes you feel good inside.”

Shelley’s eyes rolled back for a second. “Oh, yes.”

I handed her the credit card. “Just use this for the room, all right? And I’m Sam Jones.”

Shelley took the card, slid me a registration form, and then said, “I’ll need some ID other than...”

I waved the tip of the wand at her, and again thought, Entrance.

Shelley’s eyes glazed again, but remained fixed on mine. I got the distinct sense that entrancing her was getting easier as I continued to use the wand.

In fact, it was sort of addictive.

Using the box to sever Kensington’s hold on the girls was like surgery—connect, snip, and it was done.

This—this was more like an art form. I had to word things carefully, both to get Shelly to do the things I wanted her to do and to avoid detection of what I was doing.

I pulled out a card that had the name and information Pam had given me about the address for the card I was using. As I filled the form out, I told Shelley, “I’d like to see a friendly girl like you again. Come to my room when you get off shift. Please?” ( I threw that last part in because a snoopy old lady had moved up next to me.) I slid the completed form back to Shelley and said, “Here’s the form. When do you get off?” I pointed the wand at her.

She stiffened slightly and said, “At five o’clook, m... Mister Jones.”

I smiled at her. “See you then. Could I have my card back?”

Shelley blinked, and handed me the card. “Sorry. Here you go.”

I pocketed the credit card and looked back at her as I left. “Don’t be sleepy. Wake up!”

She blinked again, and shook her head slightly, then turned to help the next person in line. Apparently, she didn’t remember what just happened—she wasn’t screaming bloody murder.

I, on the other hand, grabbed the suitcases and headed for the elevator, Luisa joining me from where she had been watching about fifteen feet away.

“That was quite interesting to watch, my lord,” Luisa said softly. “Your little toys appear to be powerful.”

I put my hand on her back as we walked through the elevator doors. “Yes, they are. I told the clerk to come see me when she gets off shift. I thought that we could use someone on the inside to help us.” I looked back at Shelley as the doors closed. “You know, I think I understand why Kensington is doing this. It’s a real rush!”

Chapter 10

Room 658 was nice, with a large bed and a good view of the pool area (the outdoor one—there was an indoor one, also).

I had pulled all the girls out of the hat, and we were sitting around the room discussing strategy.

Pam had the floor. “If we have a contact and can find out, I’d like to check out the room Kensington is staying in.”

I swung around to face her (she was sort of behind me). “That sounds dangerous. Those two thugs...”

Pam shook her head. “Master, I don’t intend to enter the room, just figure out where it is and watch what goes on from somewhere discrete.”

“You’ll be seen!” Tessa burst out. “They’ll recognize you.”

Emma looked at me, and said, “Not if the Master changes her appearance with the box.”

I thought for a moment. “I know that the box allows that, but how much of a change?”

Smiling, Emma stated, “For several months, Waldo would turn me into a tall, African-American woman as part of a specific routine. As far as I could tell, no one could tell the difference. It was like I was just another assisitant was part of the routine.”

Pam stood up and stretched. “I don’t care what I look like. Just change me to help blend in.”

I still wasn’t convinced. “And Waldo could change you back, no problem?” I asked Emma.

Emma nodded vigorously. “No problem.”

“Okay.” I stood up and got the hat, then pulled the folded up box out of it. With Emma’s help, I had it assembled in a few minutes, and Pam watched with an odd look in her eyes.

“What’s with you?” I slid a panel into position on the box, and turned to Pam. “You look all spun up.”

“Master, the one thing I could never do as an investigator is go undercover easily. My body is just all wrong for it. Too tall, too large framed... So being able to disguise myself is something I’ve never been good at.” She looked at her body and then said, “I’m thinking hotel maintenance person. That okay?”

I grimaced and hunched over to look like a stereotypical mad doctor’s assistant. “Your transformation chamber awaits...” I said with a vague Eastern European accent.

The girls all laughed (except for Luisa—she just looked at me strangely), and Pam walked into the open magic box. “Okay, master. I’m in your hands.”

I reached out and softly palmed her breasts, then slid my hands around to her butt and pulled her to me. “Yes, you are. And I don’t think that your body is all wrong for this...” I kissed her and then carefully positioned her in the box and closed the door. “Where are those swords I was going to slide through this thing?”

Pam’s muffled voice responded, “They’re in here with me.” We all laughed, and I pulled out the wand and tapped the box with it. I could sense that she was gone from the box.

An image of Pam formed in my mind, and I slowly began to modify it. I changed her hair to become shorter and dirty blonde. She lost about four inches in height and but kept the weight, so she was a little tubby. I gave her face a couple of tweaks, like a once-broken nose, and flatter cheekbones. I mentally removed her clothes and gave her some functional-looking underwear, and then I gave her some work shoes and a set of slightly dirty coveralls with a nametag like I had seen the hotel staff wearing that read “Toni”, complete with a tool belt full of tools. Then I changed her voice to become a little higher pitched.

I tapped the box with the wand, and the new Pam appeared in it. Opening the box was like an unveiling, so I said, “Ta-da!” as Pam walked out. She was just the way I had pictured her, and I couldn’t see much of any resemblence to the original Pam.

“Wow, master,” Pam said looking at her body in a nearby mirror , “Good job!”

“Thank you, uh, Toni.” I looked at my watch, then changed the subject. “So I assume that Luisa and I are the ones going to Kensington’s show tonight?”

Pam looked up at me from her self-inspection in the mirror. “Since he doesn’t know what either of you look like, I think that that would be the best plan.”

I took in Emma and Tessa with a glance. “Sorry girls. You have to stay here for now. I understand that the TV gets lots of channels, however...”

“You need to order tickets for Kensington’s show, master,” Emma suddenly said. “I should have thought of that before. I’ll call the concierge desk and charge them to the room. You should be able to pick them up at the desk.” She spun around and headed for the phone.

Pam had gone back to admiring herself in the mirror. “Nice touch with the toolbelt, master.”

Luisa and Tessa just sat in their chairs. Then Tessa looked at Luisa. “I wonder if we have anything that will fit you to go to the show tonight?” Tessa stood up and took Luisa’s hand. “Come with me.” They surveyed the open suitcases.

From the phone, I heard Emma say, “...no, the nine o’clock show is fine...”

* * *

It was six-fifteen, and there was a knock at the door.

The girls filed into the bathroom and closed the door to just a crack.

I picked up the wand off the table, then crossed to the door and looked through the peephole. It was Shelley, so I opened it and let her in. “Hello, Shelley. Come in,” I said, backing into the room.

She followed me in, looking pretty uncertain. “Mr. Jones, employees aren’t really supposed to...”

“Oh, nonsense. I’m new to Vegas, and I wanted the advice of someone who’s in the know.” I waved the wand at her, and thought, Entrance. “Like it? It’s sort of from a magician who used to perform here in Vegas.”

When I waved the wand, her eyes went sort of half shut. She said, slowly, “I could get into...”

I waved it at her again, repeated the entrance command. Her eyelids stayed at half-mast, but the eyes behind them rolled around like a rag doll’s when shaken lightly.

“...lots...of...trouble,” she finished. She was now swaying slightly, like a tree in a breeze. Her eyes tried to focus on the wand’s tip. Tried, and suceeded every so often.

I nodded my head to Luisa, and she moved like a cat from the bathroom to the entry door, and closed it. Shelley didn’t even seem to notice the activity behind her.

When I had attended Waldo’s show, he’d used the wand to entrance a lady who’d responded to a call for a volunteer. Now I copied Waldo’s lines almost verbatim—I was no expert on hypnosis, and this needed to be done right, so I emulated the only expert I knew. I adopted his monotone voice, and I moved the wand again, and said aloud, “You’re tired, Shelley. You could close your eyes and sleep right now, but you can’t. You have to watch my wand. Back and forth. Back and forth. Sleepier and sleepier, but unable to sleep. You can’t sleep. Say it to me.”

Her eyes were fluttering, but she repeated, “I can’t sleep.”

I continued. “Only I can give you the sleep you want. Only I can. Say that.”

“Only you can give me sleep.”

I walked to her, still keeping the wand moving before her eyes. “I’m going to lead you to a chair so that you can get ready to sleep. You want that, don’t you?” I reached out and took her hand.

“Yes.”

“Then follow me.” We walked to the couch, and I sat her down slowly, just as Waldo had done with the volunteer.

Shelley laid back and closed her eyes. Suddenly I was in unexplored territory, because the volunteer hadn’t done that...

I improvised, and hoped that the wand would help, as it had before. “No sleeping yet, Shelley. Open your eyes and watch the wand. Back and forth. You’ll sleep soon.”

Her eyes opened slightly. “I want to sleep.” That came out like a petulant eight year old who had stayed up too late, but she started watching the wand again.

“Back and forth. You will, soon. Now listen to me.” I thought that I was back on track, so I continued, “When you sleep, you’re still going to be able to hear me, and you will do what I say. You’ll do what I say because if you don’t, you won’t get to sleep. And you’re so sleepy.”

“Sleepy...” Her eyes fluttered closed.

“Watch the wand. Back and forth.”

Her eyes opened again, just enough to see the wand.

I went for it again. “When you sleep, you’ll hear what I say and do it, or I won’t let you sleep. You’ll hear what I say and do it. Repeat that.”

She was almost gone. She mumbled, “...hear what you say and do it.”

“You’ll do what I say.”

“...do what you say.”

“You will obey me.” I continued to wave the wand before her.

She paused for a moment, eyes almost closed. “Obey you.”

I let the hammer drop. “Then sleep, now, and listen and obey me.”

Her eyeslids fell like cement blocks, with an almost audible click. Her body went limp on the couch.

I decided to test her. “Shelley, can you hear me?”

Somewhere deep inside her mind, something responded. “Yessss.”

Now I was on new ground again. I sure didn’t want her to lay on a couple of chairs and act like a two-by-four, or to cluck like a chicken. But I had had an idea this afternoon after my initial contact with Shelly.

Role-playing. Waldo had also engaged the woman volunteer in role-playing—she had become a race car driver, and a supermodel.

“Shelly, you’re now a spy. A spy for another...um...company. You’re spying on the guests in this hotel, and also on the staff of the hotel, and the entertainers here. What are you?” As I said this last, I forcefully pointed the wand at her.

“I’m a spy.”

I grinned, and noticed that all four women were watching me from the dressing room area just outside the bathroom. Emma smiled, Tessa was making odd motions with her hips (well, in retrospect, not that odd), Toni (Pam) was grinning like a fiend, and Luisa watched with a expressionless look and folded arms. I continued with Shelley. “Yes, you’re a spy, Shelley. Undercover. Unknown. You must keep it that way. The only person who knows you are here being a spy is your spymaster.” I paused for effect. “I am your spymaster. Repeat that to me.”

From deep within her, it seemed, she dragged up, “You are my spymaster.”

“You must do what your spymaster tells you. You must obey him. You must obey me.” Another wand motion accompanied that statement.

She responded sleepily, “...obey you.”

Well, I thought to myself. This seems to be working!

* * *

Half an hour later, my new agent was going home, convinced that she was spying on everyone and everything in the hotel, as clandestinely as she could, and also that she would report anything unusual to me, and follow any instructions I gave her. She’d already proven valuable—a quick call to the front desk had given us Kensington’s room number. I’d then sent her home to get some rest so that she’d be a bright little spy tomorrow on her shift. I’d also left her with the idea that her spymaster would sometimes give her hypnotic instructions so that she would only remember them later, and that a specific word spoken only by me, “pegasus,” would put her back into the deep hypnotic state she’d been in earlier.

Here’s the thing about Shelly. I’m not in need of another sex slave. Any one of four of the existing...well...harem, for lack of a better word, could and would provide any sort of entertainment I needed along those lines. But I needed someone on the inside, keeping me informed on what was going on in the hotel. I needed Shelley as a data source more than I needed her as a...

If I use a strong term here, it’s only so you understand.

I needed Shelley as a data source more than I needed her as a fuckhole, not that I actually thought that about the others. And, not that she wouldn’t make a good one. But my plan at that point was that at some time in the future, I would be able to let her go back to her normal life. In fact, I wanted to interfere in her normal life now as little as possible, hence the secret spy act.

* * *

Luisa and I (with the wand in my pocket) had gotten dressed for Kensington’s show and we were on the way down in the elevator at eight-thirty (by ourselves). The ladies had whipped up an outfit for her that included a black knee-length dress and a tan colored blouse. Look, I’m not Mr. Blackstone, or whatever his name is, so don’t count on long, detailed explanations of what we wore. It looked good on her, and it felt soft when I touched it. Luisa, on the other hand, felt like a coiled spring under that.

I rubbed her back and shoulders. “Whoa. Nice tight muscles. What are you nervous about, Miss-Ten-of-Swords? You trump almost everyone, so to speak.”

“I don’t know, my lord. Something is going to happen.” She shrugged my hand off.

“Reverting to your tarot underpinnings? Forecasting the future?”

She didn’t respond, and we rode to the ground floor in silence. As we went, I thought about Pam, scouting out Kensington’s room. Suddenly, my cell phone vibrated. I silenced it, and checked the messages. Pam had texted me that she was in position near “the subject’s old location”, and that she would stay there for about fifteen, then return to the room—another message to follow.

Luisa and I picked up our tickets and then walked to the magic theater. A sign warned us that the show was not intended for children, and it included some entertainment deemed suitable for mature audiences only. Thus warned, we’d found some seats in the back and ordered drinks, and right at nine, with the house pretty much full, the lights dimmed and the show started.

Kensington himself started the show, appearing from one of the wings, and looking just like the flash image I had gotten of him. He strutted out and began to talk about the power of hypnotism. How it could be used to help people, but it had a darker side.

“We’re going to explore that side tonight,” he said ominously. “I’ll be asking for volunteers later—I hope you will help me explore.”

Then the show began. First, he brought out a box or rather a delivery crate, upright, about six feet tall (about a foot taller than he was) that looked vaguely like a boxy coffin. He theatrically produced a crowbar from his coat, and attacked the nails on one side. A moment later, the box opened to reveal a stunning blonde standing at closed-eyed attention and wearing a skimpy purple harem-y outfit.

Then Kensington produced an object from a pocket, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. He pulled out a watch, like the kind people used to get when they retire from a bank or something, and he held it in front of the blonde. The watch spun, slowly at first, but then faster. The blonde’s eyes snapped open, and she plainly said, “I obey you, master.”

Kensington looked at the crowd and chuckled, then turned back to the woman. In a stage whisper, he said, “Monica, I told you not to call me that in front of the audience.” He faced the audience and said, “Heh-heh.

Yes, it was staged. The man was miked, so he knew the audience could hear him. But it hinted at something deeper underneath. And the watch—it had almost glowed when he spun it before the woman’s face.

The act went on, with Kensington revealing a leggy redhead in another harem-like green outfit about ten minutes in (she appeared in an empty tiger cage in a cloud of smoke). He worked his way through the normal hypnotist fare, then started in on some more suggestive things. Parts of their outfits had come off at different times, leaving the assistants essentially in skimpy bikinis. At one point, the two girls kissed, deeply and sensuously, and Kensington was the object of a role-play cat fight that ended up with him having two purring women in his lap as he stroked them. This first part lasted perhaps half an hour or so.

At some point, Pam texted me that she was back in the room.

Then, with the women hypnotized into rigidity on the stage, Kensington took to the crowd to search for volunteers. He passed by several tables, eventually ending up infront of a table of what appeared to be college girls. He locked on to one girl, a black-haired hispanic girl, well built with a cute face, and held up the watch. “Perhaps someone here would like to explore hypnotism’s capabilities with me?” The watch spun once, right as he held it in front of the girl. “Come to the stage... If you dare...”

I recognized that kind of command method. I’d used it earlier on Shelley. I watched as the the girl got up and walked to the stage. The other girls at the table laughed and called her name (Angela), but no one stopped her.

In a few minutes, Angela was deeper than I’d had Shelly in half an hour. And the watch did glow. It wasn’t a trick of light or a spotlight on it or some sort of stage effect like that. It genuinely glowed when in use.

Kensington led Angela through the normal routine hypnotists used on a volunteer. At one point, he had her loosen her blouse, revealing a nice set of breasts, still protected by her bra. He’d also had her do a sexy dance, pretending to strip, but actually removing no clothes, then bringing her temporarily out of the trance to her consternation (“I’m naked!") and the audience’s amusement.

For a moment during the show, Kensington had a mike problem. His mike cut out as he was talking to Angela, and he didn’t notice until about thirty seconds later. However, during that thirty seconds, he had spoken to Angela quietly. I didn’t think that anyone in the audience could hear him, and I sure couldn’t. What I could see was that one of the big thugs I had seen before appeared near the back of the theater, just before the sound went out. He’d gone through a small door, probably into the mixing booth or something like it.

Eventually, Kensington released Angela back to her friends. She claimed to remember nothing of what happened.

Kensington repeated the volunteer gig with another woman, this time a somewhat older blonde who was almost pushed onstage by her husband. Again, the normal tricks with Beverly (that was her name). Again the anomalous mike problem, when Kensington was in mid-sentence. Then back to normal.

And like that, the show ended. Kensington thanked everyone, and especially the two volunteers. He asked for one of the theater’s staff to provide the women with a complimentary gift in payment for their assistance, and he disappeared. The big thug re-appeared from the soundroom and headed towards the stage.

It was then that I saw Luisa watching the thug. She was wide-eyed, and rigid with tension.

I put my hand on her leg. “What is it?”

Keeping her eyes fixed on the thug, she said flatly, “Two of Swords.”

I grabbed her hand and stood up, then dragged her into the departing crowd and towards the exit. “Did he see you?”

She laughed slightly. “My lord, he has never seen me, to my knowledge, but I saw him in card form. Remember?”

“Kensington has another bodyguard that looks a lot like that one. Could he be the Three of Swords?”

She looked at me and nodded. “Probably.”

So, he had three artifacts. Crap!

Interlude Five

The first show was over, and Kensington was relaxing in his dressing area. Monica massaged his neck, and Kaitlin rubbed his feet, which were very sore from the new shoes he had been wearing. He relaxed with his eyes nearly closed. He’d removed his jacket and hung it on a changing screen in one corner of the room. He had another show in forty-five minutes, and he wanted to relax.

Someone knocked at the door.

Deuce moved to block it, and said, “Who is it?”

“It’s Rebecca, Mister Kensington. I’ve brought the two volunteers from tonight.”

Kensington flipped his hand at the thug. “One second, then let ’em in.” He looked at his assistants. “Ladies, go behind the changing screen over there, and then give each other a big kiss, with lots of tongues. When you feel the other’s tongue in your mouth, you will enter a deep sleep, but stay standing. You will remain thus until I awaken you.”

The two women went behind the screen and there was a brief kissing noise, then nothing.

Deuce opened the door and admitted Rebecca and the two women. As they walked in, Kensington took out his watch and held in his hand.

Deuce closed the door behind the women, and Kensington let the watch drop on its chain and begin to swing. “Return to the deep sleep you were in previously, Angela and Beverly.”

As he said it, both women closed their eyes and said, “Yessss.”

“Then sleep deeply. In a moment I will touch your arm and give you specific instructions. Until then, sleep.” Kensington turned to Rebecca and told her, “Another of my slaves will be arriving tonight. Her name is Donna Markham, and she will need access to the suite.”

Rebecca nodded, “Yes, master. I will have the front desk page me when she arrives.”

“Also, have you arranged for someone from your business office to become my slave?”

Rebecca nodded again. “Yes, master. She will be in the audience at the midnight show. Her name is Laurie. I have been told that she sees all the hypnosis acts here. A co-worker says that she has a ‘thing’ for it. I have told her that if she volunteers to be a subject, she will meet you after the show, as these two have done.”

“Very good, Rebecca. You may orgasm now, and now, and now.”

Rebecca nearly fell to the floor. Her moans were probably audible through the door, but Kensington really didn’t care at this point—the backstage was home to all sorts of activity, some loud, some not-so-loud.

He was still concerned about Pam and Tessa’s absence. What could have happened to them? So he had told Donna to come to him here at the hotel. She could work out her vacation time later. And Donna’s message stated that someone who bore the name “Wilson” knew that Kensington was doing something that was related to their family.

He sensed that everything was coming to a head. Speaking of which... He reached out and touched Angela’s arm.

* * *

Later that night, after the midnight show, Laurie had come to his dressing room. He had repeated her trance, then taken her deeper, and completely enslaved her, unlike the two women earlier, who just had instructions to slowly sever all ties (over the next week or two) with their family and friends and then come back to him.

But Laurie was here now, and presented a bit of an oddity.

“So, Laurie, you are interested in hypnosis?”

“Yes, master.” She lay on his couch, mostly undressed. Her dark hair and pale skin made her look vaguely like a doll. Her glasses reflected the watch’s light, but did not diminish the watch’s effect. Kensington stroked a nipple erect. “You have a hypnosis fetish, don’t you?”

“Yes, master. I have studied it for years.” She squirmed under his attention to her nipple.

Kensington wondered about her ability. “Have you ever hypnotized anyone, Laurie?”

She nodded, slightly. “Yes, master. A couple of times.”

Kensington thought for a moment. What if he reinforced her ability to hypnotize someone? It might be convenient to have an “assistant” who could also put people into trances. Not that he’d ever give up his watch, but there was always the old fashioned way...

His hand wandered down to Laurie’s panties. He slipped them off her unresisting body and climbed on top of her, sliding his penis into her vagina swiftly. “You will not orgasm until I allow you to, do you understand?”

Laurie smiled sleepily. “Oh, yes, master.”