The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Dimensions of Dementia—4

by J. Darksong

Chapter IV. Coming to a Head

Dr. Ivey Parkinson groaned softly, as her eyes fluttered open. Her body felt limp and heavy, as if she’d just run a marathon, and the inside of her head felt as if it were stuffed with cotton. For a long moment she felt confused. Why had she gone to bed completely naked? She never slept naked. She groaned again, twisting, shifting in the bed. The thin sheet covering her naked form caressed her skin, which felt extremely sensitive, as if every single nerve in her body were alive and stimulated. Especially between her thighs. Her hand moved down towards her tingling center, only to pause several inches away.

Finding her wrists shackled to the bed posts broke through the last bit of her fog, bringing her completely awake. Panic gripped her, as she remembered where she was, and what had happened to her. Struggling against her bindings, she found the shackles tight and secure. She was going nowhere.

“Hey, Doctor, she’s awake.”

“Thank you, nurse,” Dr. Jacob Thorton replied, entering the bedroom. Ivey saw he was dressed today like a mechanic today, with oil splattered coveralls, and an old baseball hat. “So, Dr Parkinson, how are you feeling today? Well rested after your nap I trust?”

Ivey struggled uselessly with her bindings. “You bastard!” she snarled. “Let me up! Get these ropes off me this instant!”

Barbara frowned, leaning over her. “Feisty, isn’t she?” she quipped. “Hey Doc, you want me to shut her up again?”

Dr Thorton shook his head. “No, no, that won’t be necessary. She’s just a little revved up, that’s all. She’s been parked in that bed all day, and she’s just a bit cranky at not being able to roam around freely.” He pulled a remote control from his pocket and held it up.

“Now then, Ivey, dear,” he said sweetly. “Can you behave yourself? If you promise to be good, I’ll let you up, alright?”

Ivey rolled her eyes. Oh, yeah. I’ll behave myself, alright. The instant these shackles are off, and your back is turned, I’m out of here! “Alright, Doctor. I’ll be good. Just let me up, okay? I need to use the bathroom.”

Dr Thorton clicked the remote, and the shackles opened. Sitting up, rubbing her wrists, Ivey slid out of the bed. Seeing the mad doctor’s leer, she remembered that she was naked. Gasping, trying to cover herself, she glanced around the room. “Okay, so what did you do with my clothes? Surely you don’t expect me to wander around naked all day?”

“Actually, I do,” the doctor replied. “And don’t call me Shirley.” He chuckled wryly for a moment or two. “But seriously, yes, I expect you to walk around here naked. I don’t see any need to give you clothes when you’re MUCH better company as you are now. Besides, my dear, knowing you as well as I do, I know there is very little chance of you making good your escape when I let you go to the bathroom... which is just what you were planning, wasn’t it dear?”

“Yes,” Ivey replied, then covered her mouth in surprise. She hadn’t meant to say it out loud!

“Thought so,” Jacob mused, making his way to the doorway. “Suffice it to say, I was not idle during your little... nap.” Sighing, Ivey followed him to the door and into the hallway, with the doctor’s insane accomplice following behind her, keeping a close eye out.

Seven doors framed the hallway, three on each side, and one at the far end. Dr Thorton stopped beside the first one and gestured for Ivey to peek inside. What Ivey saw inside made her take a step back in horror, her hand covering her mouth. Lieutenant Davidson lay on a bed, restrained, with tubes and wires all about his body. A helmet was stuck on his head, covering his eyes and ears, no doubt feeding information into his mind. That much was to be expected.

But what disturbed Ivey was his response.

Andrew Davidson writhed and shook, straining at the restrains holding him so hard that the entire bed shook. The room was obviously soundproofed, for she could hear nothing, but from the way his mouth was stretched, the detective was obviously screaming at the top of his lungs.

She turned to face her captor. “What...” she whispered, “What are you... doing to him?”

Jacob sighed softly. “You know, I’ve been thinking for a long time, even before my own little... incident.” He grimaced at the memory. “I’d always wondered... just what is it makes a person crack? What is it that pushes a person past the limits for sanity? Why is it that a group of people can face the same severe trauma, and some are broken by it, some are virtually unaffected, and others come through it even stronger?” He turned to face her. “Is it something in the person, something in their personality, that defines that breaking point? Or is it all just simple biology, a reaction in a person’s brain that causes insanity... a chemical imbalance of some kind?”

I don’t think I like where this is going, Ivey thought dimly. The image of the young detective writhing in obvious agony made her shiver.

Gesturing to the doorway, he continued. “This is the culmination of my research into that very subject. I’ve spent the past several weeks experimenting with the individual psyches of my subjects, studying various responses. In every case, I got a different response with a different subject... but by comparing each one carefully, I was able to detect the common thread to each and every response, whether positive or negative, good or bad, happy or sad or fearful.” He laughed, eyes shining bright with madness.

He began walking along the hallway. “These six rooms contain my most recent findings. You’ve seen your friend Lieutenant Davidson already. On the left we have his partner, Detective Stevens. The next two doors contain Maria, a lovely young redhead and a recent addition, and the other door... Detective Wugner, the police officer that brought you to me. She accomplished her mission, so now all I need her for is additional research.”

“You sick son of a bitch!” Ivey growled. Her hands clenched into fists. She wanted to wail away on the demented doctor, but she knew it would do no good. She was in his world, and lashing out at him in anger would neither free her nor his tortured and brainwashed captives. Besides, she remembered all too well the doctor’s mad assistant, standing just behind her, the metallic glint of a gun in her hand. No, she would have to bide her time, and wait for an opportunity to present itself.

She could only hope one did before she ended up like poor Lieutenant Davidson.

“And, of course, the last two doors,” Dr Thorton continued on. “The one of the left holds a special little treat, a young beauty named Alice. With the first four I was merely experimenting with pure madness, you see. But now that I’ve perfected my technique a bit, I’ve moved on to more specific deviant behaviors.” He leaned against the doorway, a smile on his face, as if remembering a fond memory. “When I first found Alice, she was the embodiment of sweet and pure. I captured her on the way home from an evening church function or something.” He laughed. “Oh, she was a regular little saint in the beginning. She was even a virgin!”

Peering through the window, Ivey found it hard to believe. The young woman inside the room lay naked atop a bed, the sheets rumpled and creased, and stained wet with her sexual juices. She wore a spiked collar around her neck, and what appeared to be metallic clamps on her engorged nipples. Her body was arched in a tight bow, her legs spread as her hands furiously worked a huge thick dildo deep into her red glistening snatch. When she arched, Ivey could just see the edge of something protruding from the girl’s ass, a pair of thin red wires coming from the end, leading under the bed and out of sight. Her mouth was opening and closing, obviously panting in the ecstasy of unending orgasms. Something about the girl’s predicament touched a nerve in her, and Ivey turned away, ignoring the sudden warmth in her own pussy.

Glancing across the hall, she frowned. “What about this room? It’s empty. There’s no one inside.”

Dr Thorton smirked. “That’s because its going to be your room in a little while. But I think you might be interested in knowing about its former occupant.”

Taking out a small remote control from his overalls, the doctor pressed a button, and a small TV monitor inside the room switched on. “Until as recently as yesterday, this room held a very special person, an old... friend of mine. After what happened to me, I decided to show my appreciation to my former patient by removing his internal organs.” He scowled deeply. “The District Attorney had me tried and convicted, and I was locked away in an insane asylum!!” The anger passed as quickly as it had came on, and he grinned again. “Never mind the fact that I WAS insane... its the principle of the thing. So I arranged an impromptu meeting with our Mr. Harold Kent.. to chat a little while.”

The television set came to life to a news conference being held. Chief Barrows stood before a podium, his face red as he once again spoke to the populace concerning the escaped maniac still on the loose. D. A. Harold Kent stood to one side, a folder in his hand.

“...and I want to assure everyone that the matter is well in hand,” the Chief said. “We have made the capture of Dr. Thorton our top priority, and we will not rest until he is apprehended and put away once and for all. We have intensified our search for the Doctor and his victims, and we have every confidence of finding them very soon!”

Dr Thorton laughed. “He’s blowing smoke. The Chief needs to put out an all-points bulletin just to find his own ass. Anyway, he’s not important. Just watch when Mr Kent makes his speech.”

“And now, a word from our District Attorney.”

Harold stepped up to the podium. “Ladies and gentlemen,” he said, straightening his tie, “I wish to reaffirm Chief Barrow’s pledge that we WILL find this madman... this... this...” Clutching his stomach slightly, he shook his head. “Um, excuse me... must have been something I ate.” He straightened up. “As I was saying... rest assured that will ll leave no stone unturned in our... our search for... for... uuuhhh... uhhhn, oh my... oh my... uuuhhhhnnn!” The D. A. clenched the edge of the podium tightly, bending over slightly, a look of strain on his face.

Finally, he straightened up, breathing deeply. A gasp went up from the crowd, and Chief Barrows, and the others next to him took several steps back. “Now, then,” Harold continued, as if nothing happened, “We will not rest until he has been brought down and the city is once again safe and secure. I ask that you all continue to support us in our endeavor, and work with the police. If you see Dr Thorton, do NOT approach him yourself. Call the police with the information and let them handle it.”

As he stood away from the podium, a series of gasps and murmurs arose from those assembled at the conference. Ivey’s eyes widened, and she shook her head as Jacob and Barbara burst into laughter, which was soon followed by that of the crowd. Harold stood there, frowning, apparently oblivious to the state of his soiled trousers. Confused, he walked down from the podium, muttering softly, as Chief Barrows moved over to him. He whispered in the D. A.’s ear for a moment. Harold stiffened, then his face went pale. Cursing loudly, he turned and ran off camera, to the continued laughter of the crowd.

Dr Thorton chuckled, switching off the TV. “Incontinent,” he explained cheerfully. He has no control over his bowels or his bladder. And best of all, he remains totally oblivious to it when it happens until someone points it out to him!” He laughed insanely. “Somehow I doubt the people of this city are going to re-elect a District Attorney that someone has to follow around with a pooper scooper.”

Jacob paused, snapping his fingers. “OH! Silly me! I almost forgot. You said you had to use the bathroom, didn’t you?”

Sighing deeply, Ivey shook her head. “The urge to go just passed.”

* * *

The doctor sighed softly to himself and walked back outside to speak with Chief Barrows. “I’ve checked and rechecked my findings, Chief. It keeps coming up the same. The D. A. is perfectly fine.... physically. His blood chemistry is a little off, showing signs that he was recently sedated with something pretty strong, but nothing that would account for what’s happening to him.” He sighed deeply, taking off his glasses. “If you want my professional opinion, sir, I’d say the problem is all in his head.”

Chief Barrows grunted in agreement. “I was afraid you’d say that.”

Glancing through the window, he watched as his former friend and colleague lay, strapped down, in a hospital bed. Shame and humiliation was evident on his face, as the nurse attending him continued to sponge and clean him. Harold closed his eyes, and tears streamed down his cheeks even as his bladder let loose again. Unable to bear the sight, the Chief turned away.

I swear, I never thought it would come to this. We can’t find the bastard anywhere, and the more officers I send out to find him, the more turn up missing. He murmured softly to himself. If he can get to the District Attorney in his own home... do this to him, and return him without anyone even knowing... He shuddered.

Edmund Barrows was not a man given easily to fear. He had no fear of heights, of snakes or spiders. As a police officer that had started off more than twenty years ago walking a beat, he had faced death long enough that, while he avoided it if possible, he did not FEAR it. But... to lose one’s mind? To lose one’s own grip on reality, one’s personality, one’s will... to lose everything about oneself that makes them them?

“A fate worse than death,” he whispered, as he walked into the doctor’s office.

Dr Thompson looked up. “Did you say something, Chief?”

The Chief shook his head. “No, nothing. I just need to use the phone for a minute, Fred.” Picking up the receiver from the desk, he sat and dialed the East Valleyview Clinic. “Hello? This is Chief Ed Barrows. I’d like to speak to Doctor Jackson.” He waited a few minutes. “Hello, Ben? It’s Ed. I was wondering if you’d made any progress with the officer we recovered from McDonald’s a few days ago... Detective Frank Dawkins. He was reported MIA several weeks ago while investigating an abandoned warehouse for the escaped Doctor Thorton.”

Chief Barrows sighed softly, rubbing the bridge of his nose. “Uh huh. I see. Well, keep me posted if you make any progress. In the meantime, I’d like you to come here to St. Alphonsus Memorial to consult with Dr Reggie Thompson. I assume you saw the press conference last night? Then you can guess who we would like you to examine.” He glanced out the window at D. A. Kent, then sighed again. “Yeah, Ben. Just get here when you can.”

Hanging up the phone, the Chief rose to his feet. He felt tired... beyond tired. He was forty-eight years old, with just the slightest bit of grey in his dark brown hair. But facing the madness that had enveloped the city for the past several weeks, he felt nearly twice his age.

He felt totally Ancient.

“So, Chief,” Doctor Thompson asked. “What now? What do we do?”

“What else? We wait for him to make his next move. We wait for our boys to catch him. Either way, old friend, we wait.”

* * *

Waiting.

Waiting is always the worst part, Ivey thought grimly. I almost wish he would simply fry my brain and get it over with. At least I’d be oblivious to all the suffering and destruction he’s going to reek. She sighed deeply. I’m screwed. If anyone was coming to rescue me... if anyone had any idea on how to find us, they’d have been here by now.

The door opened. Ivey glanced over as far as the restraints holding her would allow. The figure slowly stepped into view with a loud clack, clack, clack, the sound of high heeled boots on the tile floor. A dark female shape soon stepped into view, and Ivey recognized her as the girl she’d seen in the second-to-last room, the girl named Alice. What disturbed her, however, was the attire she wore: black leather thigh high boots, a tight leather brassiere covering a torn and ripped pink shirt, a pair of tight, slitted leather panties, and a spiked dog collar. The look was completed by the riding crop in her soft, delicate hands.

Smiling with ruby red lips, she ran a black lacquered nail along Ivey’s thigh. “Well, aren’t you just precious,” Alice crooned seductively. “I’m sooooo glad the Doctor let me have the first crack at you.” She slid her panties down her long slender legs, revealing her pussy, lined and penetrated by several piercings. Licking her lips, she crawled seductively atop Ivey, staring down at her with bright green eyes. “The Doctor told me not to break you... yet. Just to have some fun... and soften you up a bit for the REAL event.” She laughed. “But then again, the Doctor knows my taste run a bit along the... exotic... so I’m hoping he won’t mind a few bumps and bruises.”

Ivey struggled in her restraints despite herself. “Listen, Alice,” she said in a low soft voice, as the girl slid the crop teasingly along her thighs, “We don’t have to stay here. Let me out of these restraints. Let me up, and we’ll escape together.”

A hard slap against her inner thigh with the crop was Alice’s reply. Ivey winced. “Let you go?” She laughed. “Perish the thought! Why, if I let you go, sweetness,” she purred, running her long sharp nails along the center of her victim’s flat tummy, “then I wouldn’t be able to play with you.” She dug in, hard, raking her nails down Dr Ivey’s tender flesh, leaving angry red lines in her wake. She tensed, biting her lip to keep from crying out.

Alice sighed pleasantly, grinding her hips against her victim’s own, feeling herself begin to moisten. “Oh, you really ARE such a treasure. Most girls in your position would be making some noise by now... at least a whimper or two. But not you, no, you’re too much the stoic, analytical little bitch to simply give in to the inevitable.” Reaching underneath the bed, she pulled out a small brown paper bag. “Luckily, I came prepared. So come on, sweetie. Let’s have some REAL fun now.”

‘Fun’ was definitely a relative term.

For the next hour, Dr Ivey Parkinson was run through the gauntlet. She writhed and struggled mightily; sometimes she cried, sometimes she moaned. Sometimes she even screamed. Throughout it all, Alice rode her like a bucking bronco, grinding her crotch into her, getting off on her torment. Ripping away her bra, Alice revealed the extent of her own depravity. Her breasts were a motley patch of bruises, red, black, and blue, her nipples distended from the three studs embedded in each.

After an hour of her ‘tender ministrations’ most of Ivey’s body matched Alice’s breasts.

“Uhhhnnnnnghh!” Alice moaned as she came yet again, clenching her thighs tightly around Ivey’s hips, as if trying to fuse with her from the waist down. Sighing softly, she lay atop Ivey, panting, resting a bit to catch her breath. “Mmmm, that was the best one yet... oohhhh... mmmmm... I only wish... I was tied down there... instead of you... mmmmm... you’re so lucky...”

Despite the pain and suffering she had endured, Ivey’s mind had been working furiously. As hopeless as things seemed, she had held on to the thin thread of hope, that somehow, some way, she would find a way out of this mess. As the torment went on, a plan began to form in her head, and at Alice’s previous statement, she decided the time had come to implement it.

All or nothing, she thought dimly. No time like the present.

In her current position, Alice lay with her head only a few inches from Ivey’s right hand. Stretching to her fullest, she managed to grab Alice’s hair. She pulled. Hard.

“AAAAHH!” Alice jerked forward in surprise, adding to the pain. “OWW! Let go! Let go of my... hair...” she gasped.

Ivey merely tightened her grip. “Uh, uh, uh. We both know you don’t want me to stop. You want more... more pain. More pleasure.” She jerked sideway, forcing Alice’s head to the side, facing her. “If you let my hands free, I can hurt you a lot more. And you want that, don’t you, Alice?”

Her breath caught in her throat as she toyed with the idea. Then she smirked evilly. “Oh no, my dear. This little session is all about you, not me. I can play anytime... but this is YOUR special ni—aaaahhhHH!” She cried out again, as Ivey jerked harder on her hair, trying to pull it out by the roots. At the same time, she shifted her hips as much as the bindings allowed, grinding against Alice’s hips. The studded dildo Alice had forced inside her at the beginning of their little ‘session’ rubbed back against her, slipping between Alice’s puffy swollen labia.

“But that’s not what YOU want, is it, Alice?” Ivey continued unabated. “You WANT to be where I am... tied... bound... helpless... vulnerable. You WANT me to be able to HURT you... to give you the pain you CRAVE.” She punctuated each word with alternating pulses of pain and pleasure. Alice’s eyes fluttered under the onslaught. She knew what was happening, but she’d been conditioned too deeply to resist.

Which was just what Ivey was counting on.

“You LOVE this, don’t you?” she murmured in the same low flat voice she’d been speaking in. She stared deeply into Alice’s eyes. “You DESIRE it, Alice. You NEED it. You simply MUST have more... more pain... more pleasure. You are helpless to resist it. You crave the sweet release that comes with it... the complete and total relaxation... the MINDLESS pleasure.” Alice’s eyes glazed over, her mind sinking deep into the soothing siren song of her words.

“Release my hands now, Alice,” Ivey purred softly. “Release me, Alice, and I will give you the pain and the pleasure you seek. You will release me. You MUST release me.”

Alice’s eyes fluttered wildly. “Yes... must... release.. must... no. NO! I can’t I... the Doctor.... must obey the Doctor... or... I will be... punished...”

“You MUST obey ME, Alice,” Ivey persisted. “You must FREE me. To get the pleasure and pain you crave... that you need... that you desire...”

Alice shook her head. “No... Doctor... will punish... must.... obey...”

Ivey smiled. “Yes. The Doctor will PUNISH you if you free me... he will give you PAIN, Alice. The PAIN you crave. He will HURT you if you disobey him.” She smiled slightly, seeing Alice’s shudder of pleasure. “Yes, Alice. Naughty disobedient girls get punished. If you free me... the Doctor will PUNISH you... SEVERLY... in ways you have never been PUNISHED before.”

“Will... p-p-p-unish... me..” Alice groaned, one hand squeezing her breast and pinching her nipple.

“Yes. And all you have to do is release me.”

“Re... lease... you...”

Ivey’s heart quickened as she felt Alice’s slender fingers unbuckling them leather wrist restraints. The need to escape was overwhelming, but she knew her control over Alice was tenuous at best. She needed to escape before Dr Thorton decided to pay them a visit, but still, she needed to deepen Alice’s trance. The last thing she needed was for her to snap out of it at the last moment. Mindful that time was running out, she quickly took Alice deeper and deeper, desperation giving her incentive to deal out the pain and pleasure necessary to make Alice submit.

Finally, satisfied, she made her way carefully to the door. Checking around, she sighed. “Well, there’s no way around it. We’ll just have to run out of here and take our chances. Alice, sweetheart, you take the lead. Show me the quickest way out of here.”

* * *

Moving on weak and shaky legs, the two women made their way down the hallway. Through the doorway at the end, and out, Ivey nodded inwardly. Despite strangely modeled rooms, and confusing surroundings the doctor had kept her in, she had guessed his hiding place to be in the basement of some abandoned warehouse or factory. Making their way up a flight of stairs, Ivey heard then saw several machines running, large iron vats, some rusted and in disrepair, some gently percolating with their contents. In the far corner a generator hummed loudly, conspicuously new wires running down into subbasement they’d just emerged from.

No doubt to run all his little brainwashing machines, Ivey thought grimly. Well, once I get out of here, I’m bringing the police, the FBI, and maybe the national guard with me to shut this little operation down. She glanced ahead at her guide, dancing nimbly between cognizance and somnambulism, and felt a wave of shame pass through her. And I promise to help you, Alice, she vowed silently, you, and all the rest of those poor unfortunates Dr Thorton has altered. I hated having to mess with your mind too... just like he did... but it was the only way of getting out of this mess. I promise... I’ll make it right in the end.

Their flight was mostly uneventful. Most of the factory—the old abandoned paper mill plant, Ivey realized after a while—was uninhabited. Dr. Thorton had apparently taken only the subbasement area as his base of operations, leaving the rest of the plant untouched, to fool anyone searching for them into thinking the place was unoccupied. The plant was dark. It was night, Ivey discovered, the only light shed by the nearly full moon shining through the broken windows and the holes in the walls and roof.

It was also cold. Ivey shivered lightly, her arms crossed at her chest. She’d been taken naked to the room and strapped down; the only things she wore were the ripped cut-off shirt, and the slitted black leather panties Alice had worn. Her feet were bare; to her dismay, she’d found Alice’s boots were a size too small for her. Still, it was a hollow comfort that she’d have no trouble attracting the police or other help to her once she escaped... dressed as she was.

A few yards from the front door disaster struck. A tiny flash of red light alerted Ivey to the motion sensor an instant before Alice stepped through the beam. “Wait!” she yelled out helplessly as her guide stepped through the beam. A soft thudding sound rose from beneath them, and Ivey groaned, knowing that if they were still below, the muffled sound would be the blaring scream of an alarm being tripped.

“Shit!” Ivey shouted. “Should have guessed he would have some kind of early warning system set up. Damn him!” Running towards the door, she yelled out to Alice, “Keep going! We’re almost to the exit. Just keep going! We can make it!”

“No, you won’t!”

They skidded to a halt as the front door opened, and the demented doctor’s insane assistant, Barbara, stepped into view, holding a police issue tazer in her hands. “Alice, grab her and hold her steady!” she commanded, taking aim with the weapon.

Ivey flinched. Alice wavered, frowning, confused, her mind caught between the overlapping and conflicting directives in her mind, to guide and protect Ivey, and to obey the Doctor and his ‘nurse’. Barbara, growling, gestured again. “I said, grab her! What are you waiting for?!?”

Alice hesitated, then turned slowly towards Ivey. “No! Alice. Protect! Block her. Remember your reward... remember the punishment! Remember the pain!” Alice gasped, eyes fluttering as a spasm of pure pleasure ran through her. She wavered, then turned back towards Barb again.

Barbara’s eyes widened, then narrowed in understanding. “Very clever,” she murmured softly. Then, clearly, loudly, she spoke. “Alice, remember who you serve, and who your TRUE Master is! It’s time to go through the looking glass, alice.

Alice immediately stiffened, her eyes widening. Her posture, her expression, everything changed. Ivey knew her control had been overridden. In desperation, she moved as if to run past her, and towards the door. Barbara, waiting for just such a movement, raised the tazer and fired, just as Ivey feinted, and reversed direction. The two probes struck the newly tranced Alice, shocking her. Moving forward, Ivey sprinted the few feet to the door, shoving Barbara back into the violently twitching Alice, sending both of them to the ground.

Gasping in exhaustion, and relief, Dr Ivey Parkinson exited the factory, her bare feet slapping softly against the pavement as she ran thankfully into the dark of night.

* * *

Epilogue:

Dr Thorton sighed softly to himself as he watched the security tape of the evening’s proceedings. He had to admit, Dr Ivey was a remarkable woman. The way she’d used Alice’s programming to her own advantage, had managed to gain control of her jailor through a weakness in the girl’s twisted psyche reminded him of how he himself had managed to escape from the sanitarium. Turning up the volume, he slid a hand against the bulge of his overalls, rubbing himself idly as he watched the forced girl on girl action that had lead to her escape.

The door behind him opened, and he waved idly, gesturing to the seat to his right. As Barbara sat down next to him, he shook his head. “Your performance tonight was LESS than spectacular, my dear,” he remarked, gesturing to the forward monitor. “It’s a good thing I didn’t program you to be a security guard,” he said dryly. “I would suggest you keep you day job as my assistant and partner-in-crime; trust me, Barb—Robocop, you are not.”

The dark haired beauty lowered her head in shame, pouting. “I’m sorry, Doctor,” she said softly. “It’s not my fault she got away. Really! If it wasn’t for that stupid little pain-slut getting in my way... the weak-willed little thing let herself get taken over.” She sighed in relief as she felt the Doctor’s hand slide up her back, caressing her shoulders and neckline gently. “Don’t worry, sir,” she purred. “We can recapture her. Just say the word, and I’ll track her down and have her back here in less than five minutes!”

“I appreciate the thought, Barb,” Thorton replied, turning off the monitors, “but its not necessary. She didn’t escape, you see. I let her go.” He smiled evilly at Barbara’s expression. “Believe me, my dear. I’ve been sitting here, watching and listening to her whole ‘grand escape’. I sent Alice to be her guard specifically BECAUSE I knew Dr Ivey could capitalize on her weakness and use it to make her escape.”

He flicked a switch and the monitor came to life again, showing a tape of Ivey lying motionless on the bed, as Dr Thorton himself fitted a small helmet over her head. “I all but put the idea into her head after all,” he commented smoothly. “The trick was making it seem like it was all HER OWN idea.”

Barbara sat there, frowning. “But.. why? I just, I don’t get it, Doc? Why go through all of the trouble to get her, just to let her go? And what did you do to her anyway? I mean, I’m your assistant, right? C’mon, Doctor. Let me in on the surprise!”

Jacob laughed softly. “Oh, yes, it will be a surprise, my dear. It’s time for The Plan to move into full gear. And dear, sweet, Ivey Parkinson will be knee-deep in the middle of it... whether she realizes it or not.”

((to be concluded...))