The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Dawn Covy, Dove by Day

Chapter 5: Probably Red Rose

Synopsis: Dawn Covy: entrepreneurial proprietress of the Dove by Day Cafe, vintage music enthusiast, and apparently gifted with an irresistible control over other women. Will she be able to keep her fledgling cafe afloat in a world of high-paced trading teas, percolating profits, and... banging baristas?

Disclaimer: All characters in adult scenes are over 19 years of age. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is coincidental. Story may contain nudity, coarse language, obscure coastal dialects, graphic sexual depictions, and a variety of willing and unwilling mental and physical changes.

Dawn Covy, Boscone Tower

“Miss.” the attendant said as I was ushered into the main lobby. It was less of a formality than it was an order as the two goons behind me and my baristas kept us from slowing down as Dimitri led the way further into the monolithic tower. The floor was a finely polished stone that I’m going to assume was marble, though I’ve hardly spent enough time in places with marbles floors to be an expert. The walls were another, darker stone, and the lobby desk looked cut from a single block. I was reminded heavily of the time I’d first attempted to get a small business loan to start up Dove by Day, and I have to say it wasn’t a pleasant association.

“Sir. Miss” the porter in the elevator said, greeting only Dimitri and myself, then pulled out a key and inserted into an innocuous looking stud. As the elevator began moving upwards I glanced at Foley and tugged my head in the direction of our captor.

“Hot old guy!” Foley mouthed back at me and winked.

Surrounded by killers, a Newfoundlander, and an idiot.

I was certain at that moment I was about to be killed or kidnapped by the mafia. I didn’t even know if the city had a mafia. No one had come to Dove by Day and demanded protection money, but there was a little over a million residents in the metropolitan area so some organized crime was probably to be expected. I tried to keep my nervous sweating to a minimum, which would be difficult as the stone building was surprisingly well heated.

“Board room, sir. Shall I send the steward?” the porter asked in a deferential tone as we arrived at the penultimate floor.

“Yes. Have him bring up coffee and tea.” Dimitri said as he stepped out and then waved his hand for me and my girls to go first. “In fact, I would like something sweet. Jam drop cookies.”

“Right away, sir.” the porter dipped his head and closed the doors once we’d left him alone.

The only exit to the room appeared to be the elevator, which was disconcerting in the event of a fire or power failure, and the wall of the far side was easily forty meters away. The whole floor, it seemed, was dedicated to this room. The walls were decorated with sterile and listless prints that probably cost more individually than my entire shop, and evenly spaced around the perimeter were small tables with potted plants or decorative statuettes.

Dominating the center of the room was a square table with a large and commanding chair at the center of each side and a pair of smaller chairs flanking those. Seating a possible total of twelve it seemed someone had put a lot of thought into this room to accomplish very little. Two of the large chairs were occupied, one by the familiar face of Garret and his half grin, while the one across from him was occupied by a woman slouching so heavily I couldn’t see her clearly from this distance. Garret had Liona lounging on his left while his right was unoccupied.

As I got closer I noticed that the woman opposite Garret had her hands out to the side as a pair of chiseled men dressed in tight mauve button down shirts and pleated black pants were tenderly massaging each of her hands. She was wearing a little red dress that drew the eyes down to her modest, in proportion if not in exposure, breasts. The woman was as gorgeous as any of the other women present, and I imagine I would have felt a little self conscious if it hadn’t been for the fact that I was, at that exact moment, fearing for my life.

“Dove by Day! Nice of you to join us.” Garret said as he leaned forward in his chair. “I trust you’ve made some interesting discoveries in my absence?”

“Um... Yeah. I was going to ask you about that.” I managed lamely as I checked my stride and stood awkwardly at the nearest large chair.

“Remember me?” Liona held up her hand in an exaggerated wave then winked and blew me a kiss. “I love what you did with your hair! You really look good in blue. Delicious, even.”

“Erm... Thanks.” I managed awkwardly and tried to find something else to look at while I made my way to the table. I did catch Foley shooting a glare at Liona, and I was please she was at least on my side.

Dimitri sat opposite from where I was and his two goons took their place at either side. Catching the vibe that I was supposed to be in charge of my team I took the middle seat and gestured for Foley and Parker to take my flanks. Foley flopped into her seat and beamed like a cat about to get a treat while Parker hesitated and only took her seat when Dimitri grunted and held out a hand to his own assistant.

The assistant handed him a dossier that had my name on it and he threw opened it on the table before him. “Dawn Elizabeth Covy. Age twenty-seven. Bachelor of Business Administration from the Armdale Community College. Owner and manager of the Dove by Day cafe on Main street. Rents an apartment in the building behind the shop and does not own a car.”

“Excuse me, where did you get all this?” I interrupted when I recovered from the shock of having my privacy invaded.

“This is what we have been able to glean since Mr. Douval alerted us to your presence earlier this morning.” Dimitri said, paused, then looked back down at his notes and kept reading, “Three years ago you went abroad to various countries including Vietnam, Mexico, Thailand, Columbia, Malaysia and Japan to research tea and coffee making methods and to make the contacts necessary to grow your business. Your parents live in New Hampshire and are currently in Canada on vacation.”

“How the hell did you get all this?” I repeated incredulously, “And who the hell is Mr. Douval?”

“That’d be me.” Garret Douval said with a smirk, “Dimitri likes to be formal.”

“And boring.” the woman to my left muttered offhandedly, her slender frame wriggling gently as the two men worked magic on her hands. It was distracting to watch and I had to pry my eyes away from the almost hypnotic way she kept shifting her crossed legs from one side to the other.

“Thank you, Ms. Harvey.” Dimitri clipped curtly, then turned back to me, “Ms. Covy, I have on my staff men whose job it is to find me the information I need. If I required it I could have them locate your bra size and favorite yoga position before you could walk home.”

“You’re scaring her.” Garret pointed out unnecessarily as I pretended vehemently the opposite. “And while I could take a guess at her size I don’t think she’s into yoga.”

“Oh, she totally is.” the woman said in a voice that oozed like golden syrup, “You can see it all over her.”

“I’m not scared.” I snapped, my ears burning as I lied. “I’m just confused over why I’m here.”

“I meant the yoga. You must do something to keep in shape. I mean, you walked in and I felt such envy.” the woman continued, her eyes wandering down my profile to emphasize her point, “If you’d come in wearing heels I bet you’d have turned me.”

“Oh please, Alania, you’ve turned back and forth so many times your sexual history looks like a hot yoga session.” Garret waved his had dismissively while he chuckled.

“What are you trying to say?” The woman, Alania, raised an eyebrow as her gaze left my body to lock onto Garret.

Holding his hands expansively before him, like some kind of benevolent dictator, Garret beamed insincerity across the room. “Now, now. Unlike some of the less savory types in the room, Dove by Day makes her living standing on her feet, not laying on her back.”

Alania bristled for an instant, hackles raised like a viper about to strike, then set her jaw and turned to me and took on a haughty air. “Don’t mind downward-facing-dickhead over there, his mother didn’t give him enough attention when he was young.”

“Hey! My mom took me to NASCAR all the time!” Garret protested without a hint of offense.

“And it shows. Did your daddy drive a big rig?” Alania scoffed patronizingly before turning her attention back to me, the hint of a real smile on her face making me wonder just how vitriolic these two really were. “I apologize, we’ve been making mountains out of molehills. I be—”

“Oh, come on now. C-cup at least!” Garret, the resident attention deficient, suddenly interjected with another wild shift in topic.

“Enough.” Dimitri suddenly snapped forcefully without raising his voice before I could say something I’d probably regret. His eyes had never left my face. “What we want from you, Ms. Covy, is your cooperation.”

“My cooperation.” I repeated, the peak of conversational efficiency. “What—”

“What do you want her to help you with?” Foley interrupted, advocating on my behalf.

“And you must be Amber Foley.” Dimitri said flatly, as if talking to an small vole, his eyes barely flickering across a second page in the folder before locking onto my employee. “I’m sorry, miss, but this is a conversation between those who matter. You may sit in as Ms. Covy’s guest, but you do not speak with out an invitation. Am I understood?”

“Now you’re scaring her employees.” Garret laughed lightly.

“Now you’re scaring me.” Alania pouted for a second then giggled inanely. “You know, Dove, these girls of yours are pretty cute, too. I bet they could make a pretty penny in one of my strip clubs.”

“Alania likes her girls fresh and blushing.” Garret explained, then saw Foley pale, “But don’t worry, she can’t order you around like me and Dove by Day.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, holding up my hand like it was grade school.

“Well, we had a bet going on about what you would be, before we knew you existed. A bet I won, by the way.” Garret said with his trademark smirk on his blue jowls. “See, we have a woman who controls men and a man who controls women. Dimitri would be the odd one out as a man who controls men, so it was my guess that you would be a woman who controls women.”

“You mean my... this thing doesn’t work on men?” I asked after I took a second to do the mental arithmetic.

“You haven’t tried?” Alania exclaimed in shock, jerking forward and nearly causing the man working her shoulders to lose his balance. I shook my head and endured another of her well practiced pouts as she said, “First thing I did when I got my powers was try to enslave my whole school. When I awakened I wasn’t the most popular girl in my school and I thought I could change it by making the other girls show up naked. I ended up just stealing all their boyfriends instead.”

“I did try to get revenge against my dickhead boss.” Garret admitted sagely, nodding as if it were a task worthy of toasting. “Didn’t work and I got fired, though.”

“So, you all run business using your powers?” I asked as the elevator door behind me slid open and a trolley emerged. As it was pushed towards us I continued, “I mean, it makes more sense for Garret to do hairdressing and fashion and such, but Alania, why do you run a... gentleman’s club?”

“Three actually.” she said proudly, and I caught her sizing up Parker again with a wistful expression, “And think about it. All I have to do is mention to a few guys that they love, love, loved their time at my little clubs and then they bring all their friends along without any extra effort on my part.”

“Right. I don’t just go around convincing women to get haircuts at my shops.” Garret inserted as he was passed a steaming cup of coffee and a small plate of cookies, “All I need to do is convince a few high-powered or trendsetting women to come and then simply become a must-have staple.”

I turned to Dimitri who had just finished having a silent word with one of his goons and asked rather carelessly, “What about you? Did you wrestle control of the underworld with your super powers to become a super villain?”

“Ms. Covy.” he said with a deep sigh, “I am not a villain. I was already in control of the city when my powers developed. They have merely been instrumental in maintaining my position with a minimum of unpleasantness.”

So he was already a scary mobster before he became a all-powerful bond villain. Liona slipped quietly from her own seat to sit on Garret’s armrest and began to playfully feed him cookies between his sips of coffee. Alania shuffled forward in her seat and let one of her men work on her middle and lower back while she dipped her own snacks in the cup of hot coco that had been supplied to her. It was my turn and I was surprised when I realized no one had even spoken to the server. They must have been at this for a while if he knew their orders so well.

“Miss,” the steward said in a very hushed tone, his eyes not meeting mine as he leaned forward for a quiet exchange, “Forgive me, but I do not know your preference. What may I get for you?”

“Um... Tea. No milk or sugar.” I managed after glancing at the cart. I didn’t know what kinds of tea would be there, but it was probably Red Rose or Tetley. In my shop we wouldn’t have trucked such nonsense as the packaged brands, but being a tea snob was sort of my job. When he handed it to me and started to pack up his trolley I said, “Thanks. Can my friends have some?”

This, it seems, fairly rankled the man. He looked me uneasily for a second then looked helplessly to his boss. Dimitri paused for a moment, his eyes held on mine like two fading coals, before he nodded imperceptibly. As if the action itself offended him, the steward placed a cup of tea identical to my own in front of Foley and Parker then did his best to both sprint and slink towards the elevator. I was not used to this kind of treatment, but I did my best to act as professional as I had when applying for my business loan all those years ago.

The vast room was devoid of noise save for the giggling of Liona and Garret as they nibbled at cookies and each other, and the occasional moan of satisfaction from Alania’s small frame as her men seemed to hit the right spot. Dimitri, for his part, seemed to be suppressing a frown as he sipped his own drink and took a bite of one of his cookies. His men, I noted, didn’t move except to breath.

“Um...” I interrupted the silence in what I would later remember as a confident manner, “What exactly do we do here?”

“Nothing fun.” Alania muttered as she slumped forward and let her men push thumbs on either side of her spine.

Garret chuckled and scooted Liona off of his lap, slapping her ass lightly as she took her own seat. “We talk shop, piss each other off, then leave angry.”

“As we are all powerful people in our own right it is necessary for us to keep tabs on each others operations. We make a great deal of effort to not only avoid disrupting each others plans but to assist where possible.” Dimitri supplied more helpfully, though I could tell from his tone the others didn’t always make the effort. “With you now becoming aware of your abilities we would like to extend membership into our... cabal.”

“Interested?” Garret asked with a gleam in his eye.

Taking a moment to look around I felt extremely self conscious as the center of attention. Alania, Dimitri, Garret, and Leona were watching me while Parker and Foley pretended to be busy with their cups of tea. I took a second to meet everyone’s eye, though I’m sure mine were furtive and darting as I did so, and felt a pang of something when I noticed the three other leaders all had the same eyes as my own.

“Do I have to get involved in anything illegal?” I asked in a small voice, not sure what would happen if I said no to their offer.

“My dear, you’ll never even have to pay for parking ever again.” Alania said with a smirk.

“She doesn’t own a car.” Garret reminded her, and he snorted when both Alania and myself shot him a glare. “Oh yeah, you’ll fit in here.”

The steward returned from the elevator, a quiet ding the only sound to mark his entrance, and made a heading right for Dimitri. “Sir, it’s Mayor Grayson.”

“What does he want?” Dimitri said evenly, though his displeasure was visible on his face. He leaned in and the two exchanged very brief and quiet words while Alania and Liona made faces at my employees. After a short while Dimitri took to his feet and addressed us all, “If you will excuse me, ladies and gentleman, I must go tend to something. I shall return shortly.”

“Trouble with your boyfriend?” Alania teased as she waved off her men and sat untouched for the first time since I’d arrived. “Oh don’t make such a face. You go and do your business things and we’ll keep her entertained.”

Without dignifying her with a reply, Dimitri straightened his already immaculate tie and left for the elevator. As soon as he was gone Liona took her position on Garret’s lap and planted a deep kiss on his lips. My eyes went wide at their display and I turned towards Alania to distract myself from the sloppy high school make outs on the other side.

She was leaning across the the table now and resting her head on her hands as she beamed me a smile. “They’re cute aren’t they.”

“I... yeah.” I muttered as I suppressed the urge to watch them go at it. The sounds they made were enough to make my cheeks burn.

“I meant your thralls.” Alania giggled cheerfully as she stood up and walked over to Parker, who watched with understandable horror. Alania ran her fingers lightly through Parker’s hair before sighing and moving over to my side where she parked her tight little bottom on the table before me. “I always loved red heads, but I gotta say I’m digging the deep blues on you. You’d make so much money at my clubs you could probably afford another pub.”

“Cafe.” Garret supplied without looking as Liona tried to find other uses for his tongue.

“Cafe.” Alania repeated, shooting him a sour look. “I’m only teasing. Trust me when I tell you it’s not easy work. Especially if you aren’t attracted to the men you’re pleasing. Hmm.”

She took on a sudden smirk and I have to admit between the eyes and the mischievous look on her features she looked like she wasrelated to Garret. She turned her head and motioned to the two men she’d left near her seat and then gestured to Parker and Foley. The men took station behind each of my girls and placed their hands lightly on their shoulders.

“Hey! Get you’re hands... off... ooo, that’s nice!” Foley moaned as she slumped forward and let the man’s large hands work her shoulders into submission.

Parker for her part was humming in a lyrical tone as she got the same treatment. “Oh, Ms. Covy, you got’s to try this.”

“You’re welcome ladies. I also own a... happy endings massage parlor, if you know what I mean. These men are working overtime today.” Alania said as she suddenly slipped off the table and onto my lap, one leg on either side of my thighs. She started to roll her hips languidly back and forth to a slow beat only she could hear while her hands reached behind my braid and clasped over the back of my neck. “You know, Dove, some people think that a happy ending is all about the sex at the end. The jerk off or jilling the masseuse gives you to make it worth the extra money. No effort into the actual massage; no artistry in their hands.”

I gasped lightly as she suddenly leaned in and pressed her breasts against mine, her face inches from my own as she looked me straight in the eye and picked up the pace with her hips. She liked what she saw, evidently, and kept one hand on the back of my neck, locking my eyes to hers as her other hand trailed lazily down my arm in a soft caress.

“I think it’s always better to get the whole body relaxed before you get it worked up again. The massage is every bit as erotic as a dance; every bit as sensual as a... kiss.” she spoke softly, barely breathing her words as her lips got closer and closer to mine. “And then, isn’t it better to have something to watch? Two women making sweet use of each other while strong hands run over you and mold your sore limbs into a soft putty?”

“I don’t think...” I started, but was interrupted before I figured out what I wanted to say.

“Don’t think.” she said huskily before her lips closed tenderly on my. They were as soft as velvet and as warm as a summer day, every bit as tender and sensual as I’d imagined them to be. She worked slowly and with practiced ease as her embrace increased in tempo, her body and her lips working in concert to rob me of breath and flush my body with heat. I don’t know how long we stayed that way, but by the time Foley took the chance to make a smart-ass remark I had already had my hands on Alania’s ass and was pulling her towards me.

“Wow, boss. You go, girl!” the more annoying of my two underlings called out like a girl at a rodeo, “That is some seriously hot loving right there.”

“I wish I’d brought a camera.” I heard Liona mumble from across the way and shivered in revulsion when Garret chuckled along.

“Stop!” I cried, pushing her away and gasping for breath, “I’m not like that. I don’t... not... I’m straight. I am!”

“I don’t know, I have pretty good evidence to the contrary.” Alania said as her hand trailed down my arm to where my own had found its way under her dress and onto a bare ass cheek. As I snatched my hands away from the flawlessly smooth flesh and held them protectively in front of me Alania laughed a husky giggle and added, “I’m sorry we did that in such a public space. I don’t even think of thralls as humans anymore and Garret is basically an insect by this point. Maybe we can continue in private some other time.”

“Damn, boss!” Foley laughed as the man rubbing her shoulders broke off to help Alania off of my lap, “Should have just let her do her thing. That guy’s got amazing hands! Like a freaking miracle worker.”

“I could probably lend one or two of my thralls to your shop if you want more... man power.” Alania said as she walked slowly back to her seat. She let her hand trail tenderly across my shoulder and down my braid before letting out a husky chuckle. “They have so many... other uses.”

“Is everyone’s power super perverted?” I asked miserably as I tried to shrink into my seat and tried to delicately wipe something sweet from my lips.

“More or less. As I’m sure your girls have told you they get just a little tuned in every time you order them around. Makes them more pliable. Isn’t that right, Liona?” Garret said and gave her thigh a squeeze, causing her to coo playfully as she clutched at his chest. “Of course it is.”

“Do you guys have any idea how you can... do this stuff?” I asked, eager to change topics. “Like... is it cosmic radiation or like a government thing?”

“Radiation just gives you cancer, Dove by Day. Aztec curse. Genetic mutation. Under-cooked fish. Genie in a bottle. We have no idea. Dimitri has had his power the longest and he says he just realized he had it one day. Not now, Liona, I’m talking to my friends.” Garret shrugged and lightly rebuffed Leona as she tried to resume their embrace before he continued, “It doesn’t really matter though, does it? We can make anyone we want do anything we want and no one can stop us.”

“I... You aren’t a little bit curious? What if it just goes away suddenly?” I prodded, desperate for answers.

Alania hummed a three-tone tune and stretched as her men took up positions in front of her and started attending to her feet and calves. “No. We’re gods among mortals. Thralls exist for our leisure, our pleasure, and to them we are quite the... treasure. Know what I mean?”

“Not at all.” I said miserably. The two of them seemed to be so used to having this ability they couldn’t process it like a normal person. Then again, it was quickly becoming apparent that I wasn’t a normal person so who was I to judge.

Just then the elevator dinged open and Dimitri walked in then strode back to his chair. He sat down carefully, a hand holding his jacket and tie to prevent them from becoming ruffled as he did so. “I apologize. Being a civil servant can be so busying at times. Where were we?”

“You were just trying to recruit our virginal dove into our evil organization.” Alania said languidly, relishing in my discomfort at her word choice.

“Ah.” Dimitri said with a scowl to match my own. I was starting to see the politics of the table showing through it’s self-absorbed veneer. “Well, Dawn? We would rather have you as a friend than as an acquaintance.”

“Not as an enemy?” I joked nervously and immediately regretted it.

“I have no enemies, Dawn. Only people who waste my time.” Dimitri didn’t flinch as he replied without pause. “I am sorry, but we need your reply now. People of our caliber are too important to leave by the wayside.”

“What happens if I refuse?”

“You won’t.” Garret said with a flare in his eye.

I hesitated, glancing at Parker and Foley in turn. Parker gave me a slight nod of her head as she met my gaze. Foley shrugged and then smiled before matching Parker’s nod. With team Dove by Day on my side I swallowed hard and made my decision.

“I’m in.”