The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Dawn Covy, Dove by Day

Chapter 12: Caucasian

Synopsis: Dawn Covy: entrepreneurial proprietress of the Dove by Day Cafe, vintage music enthusiast, and apparently gifted with an irresistible control over other women. Will she be able to keep her fledgling cafe afloat in a world of high-paced trading teas, percolating profits, and... banging baristas?

Disclaimer: All characters in adult scenes are over 19 years of age. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is coincidental. Story may contain nudity, coarse language, obscure coastal dialects, graphic sexual depictions, and a variety of willing and unwilling mental and physical changes.

Dawn Covy, Armdale Diplomatic Plaza

“Not a bad speech.” Garret remarked with a wide grin. There was something oddly indefatigable about him this evening but I just brushed it off as my own jitters and the treatment I’d had moments before my big debut. “You seemed very relaxed up there. A natural orator.”

“I... thanks.” I said and pretended to clear my throat as I tried to keep my cheeks from flushing. I’ve heard many speakers say that you should picture your audience naked or imagine a box of kittens in the back of the room, but I was now a firm proponent of a pre-speech orgasm to get rid of any anxiety or nerves. More presently, I gestured to Liona and asked, “What are you’re plans for the rest of the evening?”

“Hmm, well Garret has some business he said he needs to attend to so I guess we are going to be busy.” she said with an apologetic smile, “Though I’m sure I’ll find the time to stop by Dove by Day tomorrow. I bet Foley would love the play-by-play of tonight’s... speech.”

“We will be busy. In fact, I think we should be on our way now if we want to get everything done before it gets to late.” Garret said as he scooped up Liona’s arm and then flashed Melisa a bright smile, “Ladies, I hope to see you again soon. Dimitri, I’ll see you Monday, I guess.”

“Good night.” was Dimitri’s reply as the duo walked away. After the couple were swallowed up in the departing crowd he turned towards myself and Melisa and smiled, sincerely if briefly, as he said, “Well. Now that they are gone would you care to join me in a private room for some drinks?”

“They have private rooms?” I asked, my clueless expression earning a chuckle from Melisa.

“I have the time.” she said with a more reluctant smile. “I have some questions I’d love to ask you, Dawn.”

“Alright. As the deer said to the hunter: I’m game.” I joked, then immediately regretted it when the only person to laugh was a waiter who happened to wander past at the right moment. He nearly dropped the tray of hors d’evours he was holding onto a young socialite and this proved a sufficient distraction from my failed attempt at humour to allow my rich companions to move on without comment.

We walked to the edge of the room, Dimitri escorting me by the arm so I wouldn’t add stress to my injured foot, and out a small door in a recessed alcove. I let out a low hum of surprise when the vast and cold hall gave way to a closed and warm sitting room. In the era when this building was constructed I’m certain this placed served as a smoking room, but since city ordinances forbade things like that in a public venue it now served as a secluded parlor for the dealings of the city’s elite.

“Thanks.” I said as Dimitri let go of my arm and let me lower myself into a plush seat. I resisted the urge to curl my legs up underneath me as I sank into the plush cushion. “This place is pretty impressive. I really like the rug, it really ties the room together.”

“I think it was made in the Swiss Alps. I could look into getting one for you if you are interested.” Dimitri remarked Idly as he walked to a sepia globe near the back corner and opened up the northern hemisphere to reveal a core of vodka with a liqueur mantel. “Your preference?”

“White Russian. There should still be some old Belvedere back there somewhere.” Melisa called across the intimate room, herself somehow keeping exceptional posture against the comforts surrounding us. She looked at me thoughtfully for a second and then smiled as she added, “One for miss Dove by Day here, as well. You look like you could something strong.”

“Just a little rattled. I don’t like public speaking.” I confessed, then frowned awkwardly as something irrelevant popped into my head, “I almost failed English class in high school because I wasn’t confident enough in classroom debates.”

“Oh? I never had to do debates way back when I was in school. I was a cheerleader, though, and you had to have confidence for that.” Melisa replied, then glanced at Dimitri, “Boscone over there was on the chess team. If I remember correctly he never won a single game.”

“First place in interstate competition.” was the only reply aside from the tinkling of glasses as he fixed out drinks.

“You went to school together?” I asked when Melisa turned back my way.

“No, but we knew each other back then. Dimitri’s father and mine used to be business partners. That’s ancient history, though. How about yourself? Where did you go to school? Are you an Armdale native?” Melisa asked as she finally let her posture slide into a more relaxed pose. She reminded me of a cat lounging against the sun.

“No, I’m from Concord. I went to a public school on the north side, and I wasn’t in any clubs.” I said, then shrugged, “I’m not a terribly interesting person, or at least I wasn’t back then. Did you go into your father’s business?”

“Good god, no!” Melisa laughed, “That bastard still runs his fertilizer company with an iron fist. No, I jumped ship for telecommunications the second I thought I could get away with it.”

“He get mad at you for leaving?” I asked.

She shook her head and smiled almost nostalgically as some memory flitted across her mind. “No, on the contrary, he was happy to have one of his kids become something important. Fertilizer may have been his life but I imagine after fifty years you don’t think too highly of your kids peddling shit for a living.”

“I guess that makes sense.” I agreed, then turned to Dimitri as he brought a milky drink that smelled like high-grade fermented potato. “Thanks.”

“What of your father?” Dimitri asked, his eyes steady as he awaited my answer. “What was his profession?”

“Oh, please. Like you didn’t have your goons scrape up every little detail of her past the second you met her.” Melisa scoffed playfully, unaware of how accurate that statement was. As Dimitri sat down on the chair opposite myself Melisa turned back to me and confessed, “Actually, do tell. You were really evasive about your parents earlier. Why didn’t you tell them about your award?”

“I... didn’t want to bother them.” I eventually said, my voice flat and my eyes cast down.

“No? They don’t approve of your business?” Melisa continued to pry despite my closed-off body language.

I shook my head and sighed. “No, they don’t even know about it. I don’t talk with them, okay? You are being really nosy here.”

“You don’t get rich by letting people keep secrets from you.” Dimitri intoned, his firm baritone giving way to his caustic scotch for a quick sip as he added, “What did your father do?”

“He was a salesperson.” I said, leaning back and trying to make myself small, idly wondering if it was okay to just walk out of the room, then deciding my foot was going to be swollen enough as it was without aggravating it by storming out. “You two are really insisting on this?”

“Well, now that you’re so adamant against it I have to know why.” Melisa said with an aire of nonchalance, then her expression turned more serious as she leaned forward in her seat. “He wasn’t abusive was he?”

“What? No! He was... well... Not in the normal way, I guess?” I almost spilled my drink as I flailed my hands about in protest. “He was very... insistent that I help out his business.”

“Not more fertilizer, was it?” Melisa chided, looking to Dimitri with an odd smirk, and more surprisingly, laughing when the look was returned by the otherwise stoic man.

I took a fortifying sip of my Caucasian and pursed my lips before continuing. “No. He was... he sold cars and invested in different businesses most of the time.”

“The rest of the time?” Dimitri pressed, his eyes hinting that he already knew the answer.

“The rest of the time he was ripping off innocent people and then skipping town with my mother and I in tow.” The conversation was beginning to sour me, but the wine I’d had with dinner and the vodka mixture in my hand were giving me looser lips than I’d have liked. “He eventually got accused of some elaborate confidence scams and taken to court. At the time I thought he was innocent, he was my dad after all, but a few months later I overheard him talking about doing it again to an old couple who owned a bed and breakfast. I told my mom, but she already knew, lied to the court for him, and told me to keep quiet. Then dad came in and asked me if I wanted to help him make some easy money.”

“Jesus.” Melisa said prosaically, then cleared her throat, “Did you help him?”

“No.” I downed the last of drink rather quickly then tried a couple times to clear my throat, “He... he actually had me convinced he was doing something right, that they were bad people and they got their money illegally. Dad told me it was fair game for us to take it from them. So I went to their business, and I was going to do it, but when I met them they seemed so nice I couldn’t imagine them taking anything from anyone. My... my father got mad at me when I came back empty handed, but rather than shouting he just started... talking. Pleading, demanding, bargaining. Anything he thought would change my mind. He didn’t care that I didn’t want to do it, he just wanted that old couple’s money and he knew I could get it for him. He tried to manipulate me, tried to use me like he did all those people over the years. When I’d had enough I turned around, stormed off to my room, and in the middle of the night I left town. I haven’t been back since.”

Melisa was quiet for a moment, a mixture of emotions on her face as she absorbed my story, and I could see her maternal instincts were trying to convince her of something against the influence of my powers. Dimitri, still unreadable, sipped his drink and waited.

I sighed and looked directly into Dimitri’s grey eyes, “My mother always said I inherited his gift of gab, but I can’t imagine doing the things he did. I’d never try to use people like he did. No one has the right to manipulate others.”

“You aren’t like him.” Melisa said suddenly, her eyes carefully scanning mine as I felt a heady buzz fill the back of my mind. “You don’t get to be where I am without being able to read people, Dawn, and I can tell you are an honest person. You’re ambitious, yes, but you are also kindhearted, and in the end that is what will separate you from scam artists and conmen trying to make a quick buck.”

There was a soft knock on the door and we sat there quietly for several seconds, staring at each other, before Dimitri sighed and went to attend to the interruption. Melisa seemed like she wanted to say more, but before she could Carrie, her secretary, stepped lightly through the door and whispered something in her ear. Carrie shot me a look and licked her lips in a way I found entirely at odds with my mood at that moment, before she turned around and walked back out into the main hall.

“I’m sorry, Dawn, but I have to be going.” Melisa said reluctantly, her voice laced with some small regret that I suppose I didn’t need to understand, as she got to her feet and started towards the door. “Dawn, I... I want you to have my business card. That’s my personal number and email. Call me or send me a message if you ever need advice, okay?”

“Yeah. Thanks.” I managed awkwardly, unable to rise properly to take her card and shake her hand due to my injury. She smirked for an instant as she watched me attempt anyway, then closed the distance herself and gave me a brief and professional hug.

As we embraced I felt her chuckle as she mulled something over and when we finally pulled away she asked, “Dawn Covy; Dove by Day. I look forward to seeing your name on the cover of magazines.” Melisa walked out of the room and I pointedly ignored the look her secretary gave me as she persistently refused to read the mood.

When we were alone I looked up at Dimitri and just watched the subtle play of expressions across his features. After a time he got up and refreshed our drinks, then sat back down opposite myself. “What does this power meant to you?” he asked suddenly.

“What does it mean to me?” I parroted, unsure how I should answer.

He set his glass down on the low table and straightened his tie. Leaning forward he repeated his question, this time emphasizing the last two words specifically, “What does it mean to you?”

“It’s inconvenient.” I decided, “I don’t like it when people have too much power over others.”

“The only one with power over you is your own self, Dawn. There isn’t a person alive that can make us do something against our will once we have our powers.” Dimitri said, then was silent again for several long seconds. His eyes locked unwavering on my own, before he tilted his head back slowly and looked to a decorative mirror mounted on a nearby shelf. “When I first gained my powers I made myself a promise. Much like yourself, I have spent my life around those who could, and would, manipulate me for their own benefit. I swore to never use my gift for evil, for selfish reasons. Now I am a weapons dealer, a drug smuggler, and the leader of a cartel of murderers so large that I wield more power than most world leaders.

I didn’t even blink as I listened to his eerie monotone, the gravity of his words carried without a hint of threat. A strange feeling came over me, and I attributed it to the alcohol I’d consumed, but the buzz at the base of my skull suddenly started to grow. I felt a warmth, like sunlight through honey, saturate my body as I listened. A polite smile cracked onto my features as I realized I was becoming aroused and that there was nothing I could do to prevent it.

“Melisa said that our fathers did business with each other, but I doubt she ever knew why. The chemicals that give life so vibrantly to a crop of wheat or barley can just as easily bring death and destruction to a village of innocent farmers.” Dimitri continued, his eyes losing their severity as he retreated inside himself to reminisce, “My father manufactured and sold weapons to criminals and terrorists, and when he passed away I inherited his business. I have used my powers shamelessly to get what I want, and now I am in a position so high from the world that I can no longer indulge in my own goals and dreams.”

Though I had no idea where this conversation was going I was starting to feel an anxiety flood into the warmth that suffused my body. That warmth, that arousal, was starting to ebb. I stood slowly, my injured leg weighting me down less and less as I focused my willpower into making that warm feeling return. Standing, it seems, made the feeling return only to begin fading away in almost the same instant. I couldn’t bring myself to focus on the words Dimitri was saying, so engrossed was I in hunting down this joyous sensation.

Small alarms sounded in the back of my brain, distant klaxons against the rapturous roar of nuclear detonations across my body as I moved towards a desk in the back of the room. I choked back a low moan as I reached the desk and for a moment I stopped to wonder just what the hell was wrong with me. Here I was, a god-like crime lord baring his soul to me and I couldn’t stop thinking about... Thinking about the desk. Thinking about my own arousal.

Without hesitation I quietly pulled open the first drawer and nearly fell to my knees in despair when the warmth instantly faded, fallout and black rain on my soul as I quickly closed it and opened another. More ash and devastation across my mind as it proved to be filled with naught but papers and pens, a compass, and a half-finished pack of Mentos. Then my hand fell on the third drawer, no different from the others, and I dreaded the feeling of irradiated hellscape that would slam across me in a caustic wave.

Hallelujah.

I slid open the drawer and my stomach twitched and jumped as I was instantly ramped up to near orgasm. Bliss and ecstasy raced across my body, from lips to chest, chest to head, and head to core as I gasped in arousal. I felt something cold and metallic against my breast as I moved my hand to cover my heart and realized I had thoughtlessly grabbed something from the drawer and was cradling it to my chest.

“Dawn?” Dimitri said from over my shoulder. I hadn’t noticed his approach against my needs and desires, and I pivoted on my good foot to find him standing mere feet behind me. “Dawn, what do you have in your hand?”

“It’s—” I started to reply, then recoiled as the music and strobing lights instantaneously assailed me. I couldn’t hear, deaf against the sudden sound, blind against the sudden lights, and unable to breath against the fake fog that filled the dark room. I felt my heart hammer and my own body suddenly relax as the sense of orgasmic beauty drained out in my confusion. I felt better than I had in the dress shop, and I felt more free than I had in the lavish restroom, but amongst it all was the familiar feeling that I’d just gotten something I needed from someone I wanted.

“Dawn? Are you okay?” some one asked, her voice loud against the pulsing music. Shouting merely to be heard, the woman looked down at me with concerned, if amused, smile.

It took me a second for my eyes to adjust, and then again for my mind to recognize the woman before me, but when I realized to whom I was speaking I only felt my sense of confusion grow. “Stilletto?? No, sorry, Regina?” I stuttered in confusion, my head starting to ache at the sudden disconnect. “What... what did you say, sorry? I was...somewhere else.”

“I asked you what you had in your hand.” Regina pressed, her smile fading to a look of genuine concern as she stepped closer.

“In my hand?” I repeated without thinking, looking down and nearly screeching as I threw the foreign object away from my body. I watched, almost in slow motion, as a silvered letter opener, a dull dagger meant for the thin seal of an envelope, flew across the room and clattered soundlessly against the wall. It’s gleaming surface slick, smeared with something dark against the bright strobes as it fell to the floor.