The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Cricket

Chapter 2: A Stalker in Bulgaria.

Disclaimer: Hypnosis does not work as described in this story. And would be incredibly unethical if it did. There are descriptions of sexuality that are not appropriate for minors. Any similarity to actual persons or organizations is purely coincidental. Feedback is always appreciated.

There’s a trance idea that’s taken fairly blatantly from Anne Lamott’s “Bird By Bird.”

(Transcript from August 14th, 2007 2:07 PM-2:45 session of Dr. Thomasina Certwick and patient Robin Adelstein. Tuesday August 14th, 2007. Voice activation on listening device seems to be malfunctioning, since it begins partway through the session and cuts off before the very end. I won’t mention who brought up replacing said listening device last week, or who shot him down implying sexual perversity on his part rather than a sincere desire to shut this down this hypno-menace, not to mention ensuring the safety of our asset[BH:Too easy, not to going to touch it.])

“How often is Ladner calling you?”

“It’s down to twice a week. 8 PM, which is considerate, given it’s 3 AM there.”

“Why do you even answer the phone?”

“I don’t know. I guess it’s nice to be noticed…”

“You think his overtures are nice?”

“Overtures?”

“Bad word choice. How would describe them?”

“Salvos. In his mind, I hurt him, and he wants to hurt me back until I admit I was wrong. ”

“Were you wrong?”

“Lardner made a shit first movie. An ambitiously shit first movie. You don’t see a lot of people trying to tackle the ambiguities of bilateral nuclear disarmament in a romantic comedy. But it was bad, with whiplash editing to conceal an incoherent plot, and a female lead who was so uncomfortably aware of the camera’s presence that she looked like she was going to bolt if it focused on her for one more second. Without glancing at the press kit, I knew she was his girlfriend. And when she, or the Secretary of Defense (who had a pony tail and an earring just like McNamara) pitched woo at each other with that Tarantine dialogue, I did my level best not to run out of the theater.”

“And you wrote a bad review.”

“If anything I was too kind to him. I said he ‘had potential,’ which should show how much the film defeated me. I didn’t even mention the continuity errors. It wasn’t scathing, it wasn’t mean. It’s easy to ladle sarcasm. It’s hard to approach movies like you want to….like you want to fall in love with them, to lose it. And honest to God, I give everything a chance. And I was in the minority, everyone else adored it. But me, in a small paper they give away on the subway, subway, a paper, a paper which doesn’t even have a website, me, he goes after.

“He calls me, I don’t even know he got my number. He wants to explain to me how I’m wrong. How I missed the subtleties. How I didn’t understand (a) politics, (b) waiting tables and eventually (3)…. I mean (c), ‘love itself’. How I’ve never been in love, or understand love, or been loved. And he would follow up ‘been loved’ by lowering his voice aiming for Barry White, but hitting Bea Arthur and say ‘You know what I mean.’ I’m sure he was wiggling his eyebrows over the phone. On the third call, when he had been… when he was being toasted and getting varying offers from studios and supermodels… when he was on the third phone call… he offered to fly me out and teach me what being loved really meant.”

“I hope you laughed.”

“Which only made him more persistent. And alternated between insulting me— I think he had an intern go through every past review and compile the spilt infinitives— and propositioning me with ever more elaborate exotic destinations and sexual positions. And then he started Fed-Exing me the sketches for the digital character General Adelstein,”

“Your name.”

“My name, my eyes, my nose, my ears. Not my breasts, thank God for my back. General Adelstein is the feared second in command to the Dragon Queen, leading a maurading band of trolls, yetis, and fuck I don’t know, chupacabras against the band of heroes. One night tries to seduce the protagonist, Bobby, over to jrt side. He ravishes her on a boulder and then stabs her in the eye clean through to the back of her skull. If the MPAA agrees, there’s going to a be a perspective shot through her perforated head. He sends me sketches. He sends me test animation.. He sends me prototypes for the Christmas toys.”

“You need to learn to relax.”

“I feel pretty relaxed right now. The way I feel right now is pretty relaxed.”

“You’re going to break that teacup if you hold onto it any harder. You’re getting wound up over that director and he’s going rule your life. But I’m going to show you to how to exorcise him.”

“As long you don’t end up thrown over the Georgetown steps… What, not even a smile on that?”

“We’re going to do an exercise now.”

“An exercise to exorcise. I like. But I feel like I’d like anything right now.”

“Trust me on this one, it’ll be good for you. Close your eyes. I want you to pretend to hold your phone up to your ear.”

“Generally I use a hand-free kit. It helps with taking notes during interviews.”

“That’s not really important right now.”

“Also it helps, it helps with recording stuff over Skype.”

“Ok, however it works for you, I want you to pretend you’re on the phone.”

“I’m on the phone.”

“You can hear Ladner’s voice on the phone.”

“Ok.”

“You can hear him, but he can’t hear you. How does he make you feel?”

“Like he’s expectorating into my ear.”

“That’s not a feeling. Just answer fast, don’t think. How does he make you feel?”

“Angry.”

“What else?”

“Scared.”

“What else?”

“Weak.”

“What else?”

“Helpless.”

“Hold onto that feeling. You might become aware of your right hand starting to float a little bit into the air. Good. There’s a knob in your right hand. Can you feel it?”

“Yes.”

“Very good. This knob controls the volume and the pitch of the phone.”

“It does?”

“It does.”

“Wouldn’t it be better design to have separate knobs for pitch and volume?”

“Well, that’s just not the way this phone works.”

“‘Knob.’ That’s a funny word.”

“Stay with me, Robin. Listen to my voice.”

“I thought I was listening to Ladner.”

“Yes, and he’s still yelling at you. Now I want you turn the knob to the right and as you do so, you might find his voice becoming louder. Now turn it just a little bit to the left and you can feel it get a little quieter and squeakier. Like a mouse.”

“A rat.”

“A rat. A little rat. And I want you to turn the knob down a little further.”

“Ok.”

“And what happens.”

“He’s getting quieter and squeakier.”

“And he knows he’s getting quieter. And he tries to yell at you louder.”

“I turn down the knob further.”

“Good. What happens?”

“His voice starts to recede further and become more high pitched. It pisses him off so much he stomps his little rat foot. Paw.”

“Keep turning it down.”

“He’s screaming now; he’s at that pitch that only teenagers can hear.”

“What happens if you turn it a little further.”

“His voice is almost gone.”

“Now turn it a little further. What happens?”

“His head explodes.”

“His head explodes?”

“His voice got so high pitched that his skull was filled with helium. Then it exploded. Now he’s not talking.”

“Ok, that works. Do you still feel helpless?”

“No.”

“How do you feel?”

“Like making some more phone calls.”

“Do you also feel maybe calm, like there’s a wave of relaxation flowing through your body?”

“Yes.”

“And who made you feel that way?”

“The knob.”

“And who gave you the knob?”

“You did.”

“That’s right. So who made you feel that way?”

“You did.”

“Very good. And I want you to continue to follow my voice. You’re paying attention to my voice. What else are you paying attention to?”

“The chair.”

“You’re doing very good, I want you to relax further into the chair.”

“Oh.”

“What else are you paying attention to?”

“The knob.”

“You can go ahead and let go of the knob now and feel your arm float gently into your lap. And when your hand reaches your leg, you’re going to feel 10 times more relaxed.”

“Oh, that’s nice.”

“You may want to talk more, but you might just find that it’s very very tiring to form words and move your throat and mouth. I want to try to say something, try to tense up force your voice out.”

“…..”

“And stop trying and relax your voice. And as you let go off the muscles in your throat and your mouth, you’re going to find yourself becoming that much more relaxed. And more. And you’ll feel that relaxation spread further down and across your body as you feel each and every muscle become loose and limp. You feel so light, so relaxed. Your thoughts are just floating away so all you can think about is the sound of my voice. I want you to try and think about something apart from the words that I’m saying. Try very hard and then let go. Realize my voice completely fills your mind. You don’t need to find any thoughts in your head other than the ones I put there. I will think for you. Say it for me.”

“….”

“Your voice muscles can work again. But remain relaxed.”

“You will think for me.”

“You will follow what I think.”

“I will follow what you think.”

“Not thinking makes you feel good.”

“Not thinking makes me feel good.”

“Obeying me feels good.”

“Obeying you feels good.”

“You like having me think for you.”

“I like having you think for me.”

“You need me to think for you.”

“I need you to think for me.”

“You want me to return you to this relaxed place.”

“I want you to return me to this relaxed place.”

“That’s very good.”

“That’s…”

“You can stop repeating what I say. I’m going to give you a word to get back to this state easily and safely. That word is ‘cricket.’”

“The sport or the insect?”

“Which one comes to mind first?”

“Insect.”

“Then the insect. Whenever I, and I alone say the word ‘cricket,’ you will return to this special relaxed state.”

“Ok, Dr.”

“Repeat it back to me.”

“I will go back into this relaxed state whenever you say the word ‘cricket.’”

“But only when I say it.”

“But only when you say it.”

“When I say it to you when you’re in your normal state.”

“Do you like my tea, Robin?”

“No, Dr.”

“Why not?”

“It tastes… It tastes weird.”

“What’s your favorite beverage?”

“Venti vanilla latte with two shots of espresso.”

“What’s your favorite non-caffeinated beverage?”

“Egg creams.”

“In the future, whenever you drink the tea, it will taste just like an egg cream.”

“Mmmm….”

“And as you take another sip, you can feel it not just warm, but tingly.”

“Tingly?”

“Tingly all over your body. Up and down, from the top of your head, to your toes to….where do you like to be touched to begin.”

“To begin?”

“If someone were to start to make out with you, to feel you up, as you remained so relaxed, so passive, so absorbing, where would they start.”

“He would start tracing a pattern around my neck with one finger, and lead up towards my earlobe.”

“And as you describe it, so you can feel it happening.”

“And then he’d blow gently into my…my ear….and I’d shiver a bit and lean further into him, and we’d kiss, and I’d start to feel his hands on my stomach pushing the energy down. Shyly, he plays his fingers over one of my breasts, at first playing it off as an accident.”

“Is it your right breast or your left breast?”

“Right breast.”

“Actually it’s both breasts. The hands, they don’t leave one position to another, it’s like time-lapse photography. As one pair of hands go on your back you still feel the hands on your ear, the breath on your ears, and another pair starting to play with your nipples.”

“Oh!”

“And the hands begin to multiply as they go across your body, reaching you all over, how many pairs of hands?”

“Ten.”

“Now it’s twenty.”

“Twenty.”

“And now it’s more and you lose track of how many hands are going across your body, and you’re too relaxed to rise out of the chair or move your body, so you can just feel the vibrations that would be expressed by you moving your body going deeper and deeper within you.”

“Oh. Ok, that’s a, oh.”

“And you realize I’m controlling these hands, just like I controlled the knob before. And that makes you feel so good. You like having this control over you.”

“Oh.”

“And now the hands stop moving.”

“Uh?”

“Yes, they stop right there, leaving your arousal built up but unreleased. And you’re going to find an unusual thing. Do you have a boyfriend?”

“No.”

“Girlfriend?”

“No.”

“How often do you masturbate?”

“Uh…”

“I’m your doctor.”

“Actually I think I’m still in the shopping around phase… I think I might need another appointment…”

“I am your doctor.”

“Once in the morning.”

“I am you doctor, and you’re going to find an unusual thing. You’re going to find that every time you try to masturbate, you can’t quite bring yourself to orgasm. You try and you try, but it’s like there’s a filter between you and your orgasm. And every time you try to masturbate, you think of me. And in the back of your mind, think about how I could help you with this. You’ll see my face floating before you. ”

“Um.”

“Say, ‘Yes Dr.’ and seal it into your mind.”

“Yes Dr.”

“Did you bring your MP3 player with you, like I asked?”

“Yes Dr.”

“Is it in your purse?”

“Yes Dr.”

“Christ, is this gum?”

“Yes, Dr.”

“Who puts unwrapped, chewed gum in their purse? I mean really. What are you, seven?”

“I didn’t have time to wrap it, Dr. Wait……… You’re not my mom. Also, I got some boundary issues that I’m sorry I should have gotten into earlier…. and I’m not abiding your ….its not good when Dr. … don’t touch my bag… got serious boundary issues…Probably it started in high school when my first boyfriend….”

“That’s fascinating. Cricket.”

“…”

“Where are you Robin?”

“I am in my fluffy relaxed state.”

“‘Fluffy’ works for you? Let’s go with fluffy. “

“Fluffy.”

“What color is your MP3 Player?”

“White.”

“I think you’ll find it’s actually pink.”

“It’s actually pink.”

“That’s right. That’s good. And there is nothing unfamiliar or unusual about the music. It’s your favorite music that you’ve already listened to a hundred times.”

“Why would there be anything unusual about it?”

“Precisely. And there’s no need to remember me asking about it earlier. But you find yourself wanting to listen to it more and more. You want to listen to it when you go to bed.

“Now, let’s talk about the your locks/roommate situation…”