The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffee Shop III: The Good, The Bad, And The Hypnotized

Disclaimer. The following story, is a work of fiction. The characters portrayed within are a work of fiction as well, and any resemblance to any person, living or dead is a coincidence and unintentional.

Copyright © 1999. This story is the property of the author, Canadian Cowboy. Any duplication, in whole or in part, is forbidden without the express written consent of the author, Canadian Cowboy.

Chapter 12. He Cleans Up Good.

The doorbell rang, shattering my concentration. My attention was wrenched out of the Steven King book I was reading and back to reality. I looked at my wrist watch and saw that it was only 1:30 PM in the afternoon. I wasn’t expecting anyone on that Sunday afternoon. Silently I prayed that it was not another visit from The Panel. I wasn’t sure I could stand that. I had only just recovered from Perry’s visit last night. For a change I had the weekend all to myself. No work, no chores and no hypnosis sessions scheduled. Like anyone else I needed a break now and then too. My curiosity aroused, I went to the front door and peeked through the peephole. To my utter amazement and delight I saw Andy Anderson, my favorite RCMP constable standing on there smiling pleasantly. Eagerly I unlocked the door and opened it. I had been hoping Andy would call me for another date soon, but I had not expected him to show up in person and do so.

“Come on in, Andy,” I said to him smiling cheerfully. “It’s so nice of you to drop by unexpectedly like this. It’s a wonderful surprise.” Boy, was I ever bubbling over with enthusiasm and cheerfulness. I quickly got hold of my self and calmed down while Andy walked into the room. He stopped in the front hall and waited quietly while I closed and locked the door. I was surprised that he didn’t go into the living room to sit down. I guess he didn’t have much time to hang around.

“So what’s up?” I asked him.

Andy smiled at me, and looked me in the eye. My knees got weak, but then his smile always has that effect on me. It’s called falling in love.

“Well...uhm.....I...uhm.....,” he said nervously as he dropped his gaze and looked at the floor. He shuffled his feet for a second and clasped his hands in front of him at just below waist level. I looked down at his feet since my eyes had been attracted to the motion. He lifted his right foot and rubbed the surface of his right shoe up along the back of his left ankle and lower leg. “Well...I...I was sort of wondering about something....” he said in a soft and low voice. His eyes darted upward to look at my face. I smiled at him warmly, trying to silently encourage him. His eyes quickly dropped back down and he took another deep breath which he just as quickly let out. He studied his feet intently as if he’d never seen them before. I couldn’t believe it. Andy was bashful! It was so sweet and tender, and so unlike the man I had know only a few nights ago, that I didn’t know what to say, so I kept my mouth closed. I took a good long look at Andy while I waited for him to continue speaking.

Andy’s face was much as I had remembered it, rugged, hard, square jawed, with a hard Roman nose, and firm full even lips. He was clean shaven, which only added to his rugged good looks. Eyes that were dark and mysterious, an earthly and warm brown, perfectly placed in his face, a face that was powerful and intimidating. Perhaps he wore contacts, but there was no way to be sure, although it was clear that he was not wearing eyeglasses. His black hair he wore in a crew cut which was to be expected. It only added to his appearance. He was handsome, good looking, comely to the nth degree. But now this touch of shyness on Andy’s part, added a warm and softness to Andy’s face that had been missing during our last date. It did not make him appear weak, but rather it seemed to make him seem less like an RCMP constable and more like a human being. (I do not know if that was really a fair statement to make, suggesting that RCMP constables are not human beings. Let me rephrase it to say that the shyness on Andy’s part simply endeared him to me, and let’s leave it at that, shall we? )

Andy wasn’t wearing his dress uniform as he had been on our first date, a blind date that Steven and Jack had set up. Andy was dressed in the ordinary working clothes of an RCMP constable. A standard issue dark green police officer’s hat was pushed back part way on Andy’s head. His shirt was a long sleeved very pale green, boarding on white uniform shirt with two button flapped chest pockets. The shirt fitted Andy well, but it was not at all tight, and he wore it open at the neck. The shirt merely helped to emphasize, without exaggerating, Andy’s physically fit body with its broad shoulders and narrow waist. His uniform shirt was tucked into a pair of forest green uniform pants, which were encircled by a plain black leather belt with a polished silver buckle. The pants were of average fit, not too loose and not too tight (unfortunately). My eyes traveled down the front of Andy’s pants, noting the smooth side angle front pockets, and the thick wide black gun belt that snuggled around Andy’s hips reminiscent of the way gunfighters from the old west used to wear them. My gaze passed by the crotch of Andy’s pants, somewhat reluctantly, and traveled down the length of Andy’s legs. At the end of that all to short journey I saw the expected pair of polished black dress shoes, laced tightly and a foot or so apart. A simple utilitarian uniform, but I could not wait to see what Andy looked like from the back. I kept quiet waiting for Andy to work around to what ever it was that he was going to ask me. I hoped he was going to ask me out, but I didn’t want to seem too eager by cutting him off and completing his sentence for him.

“I’d like to ask you a favor,” Andy began, and blushed yet again. “I’d like to borrow your bathroom to clean up after my shift, which just ended. You know, have a shower and stuff. I’d also like to borrow your spare bedroom to catch a few hours sleep before I go out.” (My hopes were crushed. A favor was NOT a date. I kept that pleasant smile glued to my face, though.)

“I’m afraid I don’t understand why you would want to sack out here for a few hours, Andy,” I said in a cool tone. “What’s wrong with going home to rest up before you go out on the town?”

“It would be a waste of time,” Andy said quietly. “Besides, I’d prefer to have you scrub my back, and sleep a few hours in your arms before we go out to dinner and a show.” With that Andy blushed beet red, slipped his hands into the right chest pocket of his shirt and extracted a couple of tickets for the local symphony tonight. He held them out to me, and in spite of his sudden attack of shyness, managed to look me directly in the eyes.

I was caught completely by surprise. I just stared at him dumbly unable to believe what it was that I was hearing.

“No sex, just sleeping together,” Andy added upon seeing my shocked expression.

I pounced on Andy and gave him the biggest and strongest hug that I possibly could. When I could breath again, I covered his face in kisses. He had to actually pry me off of him before he could manage to speak.

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’,” he said, smiling at me. “I’ll be back in a couple of minutes. I have to get my stuff.” Andy left the apartment, and I picked up the tickets that had slipped from my fingers when I’d hugged Andy. I placed the tickets on the table in the front hall. I had to take a few deep breaths to calm myself down while I waited for Andy’s return. I was suddenly thrilled to core of my being that Andy wanted a second date, and even more so that he wanted to become somewhat physical with me.

Andy returned a few minutes later with a garment bag and a duffel bag. He hung the garment bag in the front hall closet, and left the duffel bag on the floor. He looked at me for a moment, and then grinned at me questioningly. “Okay, what’s going on in that pretty little head of yours?” He asked me. “Just what are you up to?”

“Who me?” I asked as innocently as I could, blinking my baby blue eyes at him.

“You see anyone else in this room?” He joked at me.

“No, I don’t,” I answered. ‘But if you look behind you, you’ll see a pair of purple fuzzy bunny slippers.” I said to him.

Andy’s eyes went wide with surprise, and then quickly closed as he returned to his hypnotic trance. His head slumped down to his chest and his entire body relaxed. He didn’t fall over, but he did sway a bit.

“How do you feel, Andy?” I asked him.

“Good. Nice, Corporal,” he answered quietly.

“Are you glad to be back in hypnosis?” I queried him. “It is okay that I surprised you with this?”

‘Oh yes,” he answered quickly. “I’m happy to be back in hypnosis. It was a nice surprise. Thank you, Corporal.”

“You were heading off to take a shower now, weren’t you, Andy?” I asked him.

“Yes, I was, but this is much better, Corporal,” Andy said, and smiled.

“You still need a shower, though, I think,” I said to him. “I think you stink.”

Andy sniffed at himself a few times, raised his head, opened his eyes and looked at me. “You’re right,” he said to me. “I do need to take a shower. Shall I head get started, Corporal?”

I walked up and stood right in front of Andy, looking him square in the eye. I placed my hands on his gun belt and pulled at it, dragging him closer to me. I fumbled with the belt buckle for a second but finally managed to release it. The gun belt slipped from Andy’s waist and fell to the carpeted floor with a soft thump. “You can’t take your shower until after I’ve stripped you down,” I said to him.

“Oh yes, please!” Andy cried out joyfully. His body trembled once or twice in anticipation. It was clear that he was going to enjoy feeling my hands on his body as much as I was going to enjoy feeling his body with my hands.

“Bend over and take off your shoes, one at a time, and then your socks,” I instructed him. Andy looked a little disappointed, but he carried out my instructions. He turned to his left and bent over to untie his right shoe. I moved to my left and slightly around Andy until I was directly behind him and could see that wonderful ass of his in all its glory. His uniform pants from the back were all that I could have wished. They were close fitting, and in this position wonderfully snug and tight with two pockets in the back, the pocket on the left having a button through closure. The right back pocket was where Andy carried his wallet. It was a big enough wallet to cause a substantial bulge in his pants and that only enhanced how nice his butt looked in those pants. I reached out started fondling Andy’s butt. I was not timid or shy. I grabbed those two hard and firm buttocks of his, with both hands and started kneading and squeezing them. Andy moaned out loud in joy. He braced himself by placing his hands on his knees, all thoughts of taking off his shoes forgotten for the moment. I reached forward between his legs and felt around for his cock and balls. They were not hard to locate, mostly because Andy’s cock was fully erect now. Andy’s moans of joy and delight were nearly continuous now, as I groped him thoroughly. The feel of his body in those pants was a wonderful aphrodisiac for me. I was so close to Andy I could smell the sweat on his body, the wonderful aroma of his having worked a full shift. After about five full minutes of this wonderful exploration of Andy’s butt and crotch, I finally stopped, and with drew my hands.

“More? Please?” Andy pleaded.

“Take off your shoes and socks, first, Andy,” I reminded him. “I have to get you ready for your shower.”

“Oh, right...” he said as he suddenly remembered what I’d told him earlier. Andy bent over and untied his right shoe in record time. He slipped it off quickly. It took him only a second or two to remove his left shoe. Andy stood there in his stocking feet and looked around for a nearby chair. He didn’t see one, so he stood on his left foot, carefully balancing his weight on his left foot, as he reached down and slipped off his right sock. Of course this meant he had to lift his right leg up a bit, but that was the whole idea. It caused his pants to be just a bit tighter on his right buttock. Andy removed his left sock by balancing his weight on his right leg, and lifting his left leg up a bit. Still standing behind Andy, I had a wonderful view of all this. It was over all too quickly of course. I had to admire Andy’s coordination. He made it seem easy, and I know it isn’t easy to stand on one foot and take off your sock. (Well, it isn’t easy for me, but maybe I’m just a klutz.) Andy turned around to face me, a look of anticipation pasted on his face.

I reached over to the belt of his uniform pants and quickly undid them. Andy only nodded his head eagerly. I reached down and unzipped his fly, brushing across the huge mound of his hidden cock. Andy wiggled with pleasure. It took some fiddling to undo the catch of his pants, but only because Andy would not stop his squirming. He wasn’t fighting me, only enjoying himself. Once I had his pants undone I pulled them down slowly over his hips. Andy’s body shook a few times and he whimpered and moaned softly as he felt his pants being pulled downward. I was slow and careful as I pulled down his pants, wanting only to draw out this moment as long as I could. Gravity took over, though, once Andy’s pants were past his hips. His pants fell the rest of the way to the floor. He stepped out of them quickly. Andy’s cock popped up and strained against the fabric of his white briefs, as he stood there. I was tempted to make his briefs my next target of attack, but thought it would be better to wait. With some difficulty I forced my fingers to attack the lowest button on Andy’s uniform shirt, instead of the elastic top of his briefs. I undid that button and slowly worked my way up his shirt, button by button until I had reached the topmost button just below his collar. Andy’s shirt hung open, providing a clear view of his white T-shirt and the wonderful chest that it covered. Andy’s eyes were closed, I noted, and the smile on his face was outrageous. It is rare that I have seen anyone enjoy themselves as much as he was. It was an easy matter for me to pull Andy’s uniform shirt back and to slip it off of him. It fell silently to the floor, but neither of us really cared where.

There he stood, in only his white short sleeved T-shirt and his white briefs, sporting a huge erection. God he was good looking. I reached out and hugged him fiercely, savoring in the feeling of his cock pressing into my thigh. He returned the hug wholeheartedly. I broke away from him. I was sorely tempted to take off these last two items of clothing myself, but realized that I shouldn’t. Andy had never been nude in front of me before, and I wanted to be sure he would be okay with the idea. Andy open his eyes and looked at me quizzically.

“Did I do something wrong, Corporal? Why did you stop?” He asked me.

“No, you did not do anything wrong, Andy,” I assured him. “I only want to be sure that it is okay with you if I remove your underwear. Or, would you rather do that?”

“I wish you would, Corporal,” Andy said softly. “I have to take my shower now, and I would like to show you what my body looks like.”

“Great!” I cried and slipped my hands into the elastic waist of Andy’s briefs. I took a firm grip and yanked them down savagely, peeling them off him like you would peel the skin off a banana. Andy’s cock presented no problem, either. Once the briefs were pulled down past it, Andy’s cock sprang up and out in all its glory. It took some additional pulling and at one point I had to get on my knees in front of Andy, to pull his briefs all way down to his ankles, so that he could step out of them. Yes, that was such a hardship, having my face only a few inches away from his hot and hard cock. Talk about temptation! I climbed back up to my feet, reached out with my hands and securely grabbed the bottom left and right side of Andy’s T-shirt. I pulled upward strongly. Andy raised his arms above his head as I lifted his T-shirt higher and higher. I pulled and yanked my way to my goal of having Andy nude before me. I would have used my teeth to shred that T-shirt off of him, if necessary. One last pull and the T-shirt popped off of Andy’s head. I let the T-shirt fall from my fingers as my eye drank in the sight of Andy standing at ease before me. He was beautiful. Muscular chest, powerful arms, narrow waist, handsome and rugged face, well muscled legs and pelvis, and a long hard thick cock waving about in the air. Six inches? Eight inches? Who cares? Andy was standing there nude in front of me, and he was beautiful.

“Do...do you like me, Corporal?” He asked bashfully.

“Oh, yes indeed,” I breathed at him. “You are magnificent.” Andy beamed at me, pleased beyond words that I enjoyed the sight of him nude. It was such a wonderful moment, that I didn’t want it to end, but I knew it had to. I had to know what Andy thought of this in his normal state, outside the joys of hypnosis. I counted him out.

He awoke with a start, blinking his eyes a few times. He looked at me, and then looked down at himself. He blushed, and covered his cock with both of his hands. He looked up at me, his face unreadable as his blush slowly faded. I wasn’t sure if he was upset or not, so I kept quiet and waited to see what he was going to do. Slowly a smile came to his face, and in less than a minute it grew to a grin. A twinkle grew in his eyes as Andy stood there looking at me. “That was nice, Paul,” he said. ‘Time I hit the showers though don’t you think?”

“Yes, I guess it is,” I answered him. I leaned forward and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. He smiled back at me and wrapped his arms around me firmly. Before I realized it, Andy had hoisted me up and was carrying me in a fireman’s carry, as he walked of to the bathroom.

“What’s going on?” I called out to him as we headed down the hallway to the bathroom.

“I’m going to take a shower, and you’re going to help me,” Andy laughed. “You did offer to scrub my back, remember?”

“Well, yes, but I didn’t mean this,” I protested faintly. If the truth be told I was enjoying being carried around like a sack of potatoes by Andy. There was something about knowing just how strong he was that made me feel safe and secure.

Andy lowered me to my feet as soon as we were in the bathroom. I smiled at him as I tried to adjust to what had just happened. Andy grabbed my white golf shirt and pulled upward on it. I was too surprised to resist, and he had it off of me in less than a second.

“It’s only fair,” he said to me as he pawed at the buckle of the brown belt that held up my light blue comfortable jeans next. “You got to undress me, so I get to undress you. Besides you wouldn’t want to shower with your clothes on would you?”

“Shower? With....with you?” I asked dumbly. I could not quite believe that this was happening. I wanted it to happen, but Andy was doing this all on his own without any hypnotic suggestions from me. It seemed unreal, like a dream.

“It’s going to be hard to scrub my back otherwise,” he answered me as he grinned at me while sliding my jeans down to my ankles. I stepped out of them, without even thinking about it. Andy slid my blue briefs down quickly. My semi erect penis popped out and became much harder. I enjoyed the sensation but my eyes were still focused on Andy as he knelt there in front of me lifting my feet one at a time so that he could remove my briefs. I stood there looking at him, wondering why he had stopped.

Andy grinned at me and said, “You have to remove your socks yourself, just like I did mine.” I whipped off those suckers in record time. I stood nude before him, and he stood nude before me. I trembled in anticipation for a moment and then my mind finally started working again. I stepped into the bathtub and walked over to the far end where the taps were. I bent over and turned on the hot and cold water taps. As I fiddled with them to get just the right water temperature, Andy gently but firmly squeezed my right buttock with his hand and said, “You are beautiful.” He climbed into the bathtub behind me. He pulled the shower curtain closed. He wrapped his arms loosely about my waist and waited. I pulled the handle to divert the water to the shower head.

The first touch of the water was ice cold and it took my breath away. Seconds later the water became warm and wonderful. I let it course down my front, and slipped my hands over Andy’s. Carefully I turned around to face him. He smiled at me, and I grinned back. I pulled him under the stream of water with me. It coursed down his face for a moment, and then as he stepped back a pace it coursed down the front of that wonderful chest of his. I pulled his head down and pressed my lips to his ear. “Slippery when wet.” I said to him. He chucked and hugged me gently. In only a few moments we were thoroughly wet from head to toe, and not just from the water streaming out of the shower head.

“Let’s wash up first, love,” I said to him.

“Yes, let’s,” Andy agreed and grabbed the bar of soap from the soap dish. He turned me around to face away from the stream of water, and proceeded to run his soapy hands all over the front of my body. He worked up a good strong lather on my chest, stomach, and arms. I didn’t resist. I just stood there and let him do the work as I luxuriated in the feeling of his fingers and hands on my skin. I kept my eyes closed as he lathered my face. He worked his way up to the top of my head and worked through my hair too. I couldn’t see him, it was true, but I sure could feel him. Andy’s hands were as gentle and tender as they were big and strong. He soaped the front of my legs from my feet all the way up to my waist. So what if he took some extra time soaping my cock and balls? I sure as hell wasn’t going to complain about it. The moans of delight that escaped from my lips were proof enough of that. When he turned me around to rinse off the front of my body, I was a bit disappointed. I rinsed out my hair as Andy started to wash my back. He did a wonderful job on my shoulders, back, and my ass. It was only slightly sexual, but extremely sensuous. All too soon he was finished washing me. I blinked my eyes open as I turned about to face him.

“You have talented fingers, love,” I said to him as I hugged Andy carefully.

“Your turn,” he said to me as he smiled at me and handed over the bar of soap. I took it gladly and had Andy face the shower head to get his front wet. A few seconds later, I turned him around and got down to business.

It was an experience that I will not soon forget. Andy stood there in front of me with his eyes closed as I soaped him all over. As he had done to me, so I did to him. I ran my lathered hands over every square in of his skin. I spent a bit more time on his chest and stomach than was necessary, but he didn’t mind. I paid careful attention to his cock and balls being sure that they were squeaky clean. Like me, Andy moaned in pleasure as his balls and cock were cleaned. I felt a warm glow inside me as I realized I was giving him the same pleasures as he had so recently given me. Washing Andy’s body was not a chore. It was a delight. When I had lathered up his entire front, I had him turn around to rinse off as I got to work on his broad back. I moved my hands all over his back, and slowly down to his ass. His buttocks were smooth and wet, all the better for my hands to slide over them. In due time I finished his back and his legs, and had him rinse them. We did a final rinse of each other, and then stood under the pouring water for a few moments.

Andy slowly enfolded me in his arms, and held me close, his eyes closed. I returned the embrace as best I could. “Thank you,” he whispered in my ear.

“For the shower?” I asked.

“No, for not trying anything when you had a chance,” he responded. “You are a man of your word, and you’ve proven it again. I’m lucky to have found you.” Andy squeezed me close, and I was in heaven. I had thought about how easy and simple it would have been to have tried for force myself on Andy, but I knew it was wrong and so I didn’t do that. I was pleased to know that he appreciated me. Just then the hot water ran out.

We bolted from the shower as quickly as we could. I reached over and flipped over the handle to divert the water from the shower head back to the faucet, then turned off the taps. As we stood there starting to shiver I reached down into the bathroom cabinet under the sink and plucked out some fresh towels, tossing a coupe over to Andy. With each of us having a towel securely tied around our waists we proceeded to towel each other dry. It was not the rough and tumble toweling you might expect in a locker room. It was soft, gentle and delicate. We patted each other dry, smiling and chuckling gently the whole time. Eventually we finished, and left the bathroom. I headed off to my room to change, and Andy went to the spare bedroom to change.

I slipped into a pair of clean briefs, put on my bathrobe and waited outside the closed door of the spare bedroom. Andy finally opened it after a century or two. In reality only a minute or so had gone by, but it felt much longer to me. Andy was wearing a bathrobe as well, but his was a royal blue where mine was a pale sky blue.

“Your place or mine?” I joked.

“Mine,” Andy answered as he scooped me up into his arms and carried me into the spare bedroom. He deposited me onto the turned down bed, and slipped off his bathrobe. A pair of white boxers was revealed. I slithered out of my bathrobe and tossed it on the floor. I patted the bed next to me. Andy slowly lowered himself into the bed and lay down beside me.

He reached out his hand to touch my face. He brushed his fingertips against my skin, and a thrill shot through me. I looked down into those warm brown eyes of his, and I was lost. I felt my heart to out to him, and in that moment, I knew my heart was his. I wanted to say “I love you,” but the words would not come. My throat was closed too tight. I merely stared at him and blinked away the tears as fast as they came. He leaned over me and lowered his face next to mine. His soft gentle full lips pressed against my cheeks as he kissed my tears away. Each tear that I cried he kissed away, until finally I could cry no more. I looked at this wonderful strong powerful man lying next to me, and I saw for the first time the depth of caring and compassion in his soul. I had never imagined that he was so understanding. I swallowed and cleared my throat.

“I love you, Andy,” I said slowly. “With all my heart and soul, I love you.” My lips trembled as I waited to see what he would say. My body shuddered with repressed desire to hold him in my arms. Time stood still for us both.

Then, I saw something that I could not believe at first. I saw a wetness in Andy’s eyes. I saw the tears slowly fill his eyes as he reached out and caressed my nose with his fingers. Slowly the tears started to run down Andy’s left cheek as he quietly cried. Hesitantly, I reached out to his face with my right hand. I brushed the tears from his cheeks. I reached out and cupped Andy’s head in my hands. I pulled him towards me. He did not resist. I cushioned his head on my chest and started to stroke the hair on his head, while softly muttering a soothing “It’s okay Andy. I’m here.” That did it. Andy started to shake and to bawl, like a little boy. I held him closer and continued to soothe him as best I could. He wrapped his arm around me, and cried and cried and cried. I didn’t know why, then, and I didn’t care. It was enough just to hold him in my arms. There are times when there are no words, and this was one of them.

After a while Andy stopped crying and shaking and drifted off to sleep. I gently reached over and flipped the covers over us. We had only our underwear on, and neither one of us needed to catch a chill. After about thirty minutes Andy rolled away from me, as he shifted position in his sleep. I took the opportunity to go and grab a book from my night stand in my bedroom. I was back in a flash. While Andy slept, I read my book. When he woke up suddenly a coupe of times, blindly reaching out for me, I was there to hold him in my arms and ease him back to sleep. After about five hours Andy woke up.

“Hello Sleeping Beauty,” I teased him.

“Yeah, hi,” he said groggily. “What time is it?”

“Oh about seven p.m.,” I answered.

“Seven? We’ll be late for the show!” He exclaimed as he bolted up in the bed.

“So what?” I asked. “You needed your rest. There’ll be other shows.”

“But this one was special!” He protested. “It was going to be our first real date!”

“Andy,” I said to him quietly. “Something happened to you this afternoon. I don’t know what it was, but it was profound. You needed to rest. I saw no reason to wake you up just so we could go out on a date. Now I don’t know about you, but I’m hungry. How does pizza sound? We can order it for delivery and save ourselves some trouble.”

“Don’t you want to know about what happened this afternoon, when we were in bed?” Andy asked me, blinking his eyes in confusion.

:Of course I do, but I would never pry,” I answered him. “You’ll tell me if you want me to know. Now about the pizza?”

“Yeah, okay. Pizza’s fine. No anchovies, though,” Andy answered still a bit confused.

I ordered the pizza from the bedside table. (I’m single. I know all the telephone numbers for the pizza places by heart.) “Pizza will be here in about forty-five minutes. I’m going to go get dressed and run a comb through my hair. I might suggest that you do likewise,” I said to Andy. The last sentence came across a bit meaner than I intended but it did get Andy going.

I dressed in a clean pair of jeans and a black cowboy shirt, with a black belt and a pair of black socks. Simple and quick to put on. I went off to the kitchen to make a cup of tea while I waited for the pizza to arrive. Andy arrived in the kitchen a few minutes after I did. He was wearing a pair of tight blue jeans, with a brown belt, brown socks and a plain white dress shirt, unbuttoned at the neck. Andy took a seat opposite me at the kitchen table and made himself a cup of coffee.

Making coffee and a cup of tea can only take so long. We were soon sitting opposite each other nursing our beverages through the roaring silence that filled the room. It was so quiet that you could have hear a mouse hiccup. I was at a loss for words. I wanted to ask Andy to explain why he had broken down and cried himself to sleep in my arms, earlier this afternoon, but I couldn’t I told him I wouldn’t pry. I couldn’t help wondering about it, though. Maybe I shouldn’t have told him I loved him. Maybe that was too much for him. I felt better for telling him the truth, but maybe it had been a bad idea. Maybe I had scared him. I didn’t know. One thing was for sure, though, I was really good at second guessing myself.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have said it,” I spoke at last. “But it is the truth. I do love you, Andy. You are a handsome man, but there is much more to it than that. You have a kindness, and a sweetness about you that only adds to the beauty within. I can only hope that you will believe what I am saying.”

“I believe you, Paul,” Andy said and sighed. “That’s the problem. I’m fairly certain that I’m falling in love with you too. I didn’t want to tell you that though.”

“I’d be lying if I said I understood what you are trying to say, Andy,” I said to him. “I love you, and you love me, or at least think you do. I don’t get it. What IS the problem?”

Andy reached back and brought out his wallet. He flipped it open to reveal his RCMP identification card and badge. “This is the problem. I’m a cop.”

“So? You’re a cop? I work in an office. What’s your point?” I asked still not seeing where he was going.

“Are you dense or just plain stupid!” Andy yelled out at me jumping up from the table. He slammed his fist down hard on the table in frustration. It was a good thing that we had both finished our drinks. The force of his blow had caused our cups to topple over. Andy got up and walked around like a caged bear. This was a side of him I hadn’t seen before. I didn’t know what to make of it. Andy walked over to where I was sitting, and he leaned over me menacingly. It brought a chill to my spin.

“Do you remember Steven Stokes in the hospital?” He asked me coldly. “How would you like to have to visit me some night like that? The odds are that it will happen.”

I looked up at him, finally understanding what he was trying to tell me. I was numb. I had not really considered that aspect of having a relationship with Andy. I looked at Andy unable to speak. I had no idea what to say to him. Andy stared down at me, as coldly as ever, as he waited for my reply. The minutes dragged on like hours. The silence in the room was overpowering. I slowly reached out my right hand and arm upwards to touch Andy’s face. My fingers gently brushed against the left side of Andy’s face. I saw a tremor pass through Andy’s lips. The icy expression on his face cracked. It crumbled to pieces as his eyes welled up with tears, and his face melted into an expression of despair and agony. Andy slowly fell to his knees in front of me and buried his head in my lap as he started to sob. “I just couldn’t do that to you,” he cried. “I couldn’t put you through that. I love you too much to put you through that. But I can’t stop being a cop, either! I love being a cop! It’s all I’ve ever wanted!”

My lips trembled, as I reached out and held Andy’s head in my lap. Now it all made sense. Andy was torn between two loves, me and his devotion to his duty. What could I say to him? The truth. Only the truth. I lifted Andy’s head and force him to look me in the eye.

“Don’t you know I’d rather have five minutes of wonderful with you, than a life time of loneliness and emptiness, such as I’ve known?” I croaked at him as I cupped his face in my hands. I was so overcome with my feelings for him, that I could barely talk. I kissed him on the mouth, mustering every ounce of passion, desire and love that I could. I held onto his head, and pulled him firmly towards me when he tried to back away. Andy finally gave up after a few seconds struggle and returned my kiss in full. Finally I released his head. Andy broke our kiss, sat back on his heels and looked at me, speechless.

“Damn it, Andy! I’ve been searching and waiting too long for someone like you to come into my life. If you think I’m going to give you up just because you might get hurt on the job, well, you don’t know me at all!” I cried out to him. I took a couple of breaths and tried to calm myself. “Andy, whatever happens, we will deal with it. I’m not stupid. I know what I’m getting into. I know your job is full of risks, and I know I’m going to spend a lot of time worrying about you. But Andy, dearest, if I didn’t admire and respect you for having the courage to take those risks in your job, I couldn’t love you. It’s all a part of who you are, and it is the whole man I love, not the cop, not the guy with the great body, not the wonderful hypnosis subject. It’s all of them. It’s all of you.”

Andy looked at me and gulped a few times, but he didn’t say anything.

“I can understand your desire to protect me, and how you might not want me to have to go through all the worrying, Andy,” I said to him in a low and quiet voice. “But it comes as part of the package with you. If I love you, and I do, I’ll accept that part of you with the rest. No one ever said love was easy.”

Andy continued to look at me, silently.

“Maybe we are both reacting too quickly with this,” I said to him. “How about we take it one day at a time and see how it goes? Who knows we might just find we each have habits that drive the other guy crazy. What do you think?”

Andy turned away from me to look at the wall. It was my turn to remain silent as he thought about what I’d said. After a few minutes Andy turned back to look at me. His expression was thoughtful, but cool. “I think that you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into, Paul,” Andy replied. ‘But it seems that I can’t stop you, so....I’ll have to do my best to help you through it.” Andy smiled timidly at me. He got up and waved at me to follow him into the living room. He directed me to sit on the sofa. He walked a bit further and stopped in front of my stereo. He turned away from me and searched though my collection of CDs looking for something. I paid particular attention to his ‘assets’, when he bent over looking at the CDs near the bottom of the CD tower. Finally he located the CD he wanted and slipped it into the CD player. Andy fiddled with the CD player for a moment. I guessed that he was setting up a particular song to play. It turned out I was correct.

“I’ve thought about what you told me on our first date, Paul,” Andy said softy. “I’ve been thinking about what it is that I feel for you. This song says it much better than I ever could.” Andy pressed the ‘PLAY’ button. The soft sound of a guitar slowly filled the room as a song called ‘Watch This’, by the country and western singer Clay Walker started to play. To my amazement, Andy started to lip synch to the song, as he slowly waltzed over to where I sat looking at him in surprised delight. Andy ‘sang’ that song to me, although it was Clay Walker’s mellow and sexy voice that poured out of the speakers.

It may have Clay Walker’s voice, but it was Andy who was singing to me. The open, heartfelt expression on his face as he ‘sang’ for me was the most tender and touching scene that I’ve ever been privileged to witness. There was no doubt in my mind, or in my heart, that what I was hearing was what Andy felt, but could not seem to say.

The words resonated through me as I realized that what they said was true. (Sorry but I can’t include the words from the song in this story, without permission from the artist.) When the last notes faded away, Andy was kneeling in front of me. He reached over and enfolded me in his arms. He kissed me slowly letting his lips linger on mine for an eternity. I slowly wrapped my arms around Andy and drew him to me. The magic lingered in the room. Not even the deathly quiet could break that spell. Andy nodded his head at me and stood up. He reached beside me and grabbed a few tissues from the box on the table beside the sofa. He wiped his face and eyes, and then leaned down and wiped my face. I had not realized until that moment that the two of us had come close to trying again. “I love you, you know,” he said in a soft sweet low voice, his face graced with a small smile. Those few words carried a weight far out of proportion to their size. Andy had taken a very big step in admitting to me as well as to himself, that he loved me.

“I know....now,” I whispered back to him. Andy turned and sat down on the sofa next to me. He took my hands in his and gazed into my eyes. Words were not necessary. He leaned forward and planted his lips on mine, pressing gently. I kissed him back. It was slow, sweet, and sensuous. The warmth of his lips on mine was more precious to me now, than ever before.

The doorbell rang, shattering the mood. I jerked in surprise at the noise. “DAMN!” I cursed. “Pizza’s here!” I bounded out of my chair. Andy smiled at me as I headed to the front door to pay for and collect our dinner. I was back in only a few minutes, carrying an extra large pizza in my hands. Andy sat down at the dinning room table, while I got the plates and cutlery.

We sat there and ate, and talked and drank, long into the night. The television remained off the entire evening. We spent a lot of time in front of the empty fireplace, holding hands, talking, and hugging and listening to a lot of romantic songs. What did we talk about all that time? Guess. I’m not saying. There are some things that you don’t tell anyone, but your partner. I will say this though; a few more tears were shed, but they were tears of happiness, shed by both of us.

Somehow, in some way, against the huge odds stacked against us, two lonely, caring and deeply compassionate men had found each other. We decided to take the chance that fate had offered us and build a future together. We didn’t have much, but we had hope, and a strong belief in our love for each other. Andy stayed the night. We spent it together in my bed, entwined in each other’s arms. The evening’s events had exhausted us both. We fell asleep easily.

* * *

I opened my eyes, and looked at the clock radio on my night stand. Three thirty in the morning, it said. Andy lay next to me snoring softly. I looked at him lying there beside me, and found it hard to believe that he was really here. I had tried to read Andy’s mind while we were embraced, but failed. I did not know anything more about what Andy really thought or felt, other than what he had told me. I couldn’t use my powers with him at all, it seemed. I would have to take things on faith and trust. Slowly I realized what I had to do. Carefully, I climbed out of the bed. Noiselessly I made my way down the hall and into the living room. Alone in the dark where no one could see me, I did something I had not done in a very, very long time. I got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed to God, to thank him for bringing Andy into my life. I asked him to keep Andy safe, for Andy’s sake as well as mine. I asked God to help me. And do you know what? I received an answer. Because after I said my prayer, for the first time in my life.....I felt whole, complete and loved. I felt Andy’s love for me, and my love for him, but more important than that, I felt filled with the infinite love of an infinite benevolent being.

I crept back into my bedroom, soundlessly climbed back into the bed, and lay next to Andy. I kissed him softly on the cheek. “I love you, you know,” I whispered to him. Andy let out a long deep sigh. I snuggled up close to him, and let myself drift off to sleep. My last thought as sleep overcame me, was that we would face the future together.

THE END