The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffee Shop.

Disclaimer. The following story, is a work of fiction. The characters portrayed within are a work of fiction as well, and any resemblance to any person, living or dead is a coincidence and unintentional.

Copyright © 1998. This story is the property of the author, Canadian Cowboy. Any duplication, in whole or in part, is forbidden without the express written consent of the author.

Part 14. The Price You Pay

Time goes by very fast when you are having a good time. The last year with Steve and Jack had been wonderful. Sure there were a few rough spots, but we worked them out. The birthdays and Christmas were a bit harder to deal with. Since we were all in the closet, even to our families, we arranged separate birthday celebrations, and our own special “Christmas Day” celebration. Incidentally, Jack is a fantastic cook, and Steve is pretty good in the kitchen himself. As for me, I’m not so good in the kitchen unless there’s a microwave around. I can’t boil water without burning it.

Jack and Steve had become close friends over the past year, as they discovered many common interests. In fact, it was not unusual for them to go out by themselves every now and then. As for me, I didn’t mind at all, since it gave me some time to myself, which was kind of hard to arrange with two of these guys in my life. Not that I was complaining, but everyone needs a little bit of time to themselves.

I was so content with how things were going that I didn’t actively peruse any other men, no matter how good looking they were. Oh, sure, if a good looking guy caught my eye, I might be tempted to try and get him alone for ten or fifteen minutes, but that was only so I could look him over. I really didn’t have any interest in anyone else right now. I had my hands full with Steve and Jack.

I had come to notice over the past month or so, a significant drop in the frequency of my sessions with Steve and Jack. We had just as much fun as before and it seemed that they both were enjoying their time with me, but we were simply getting together less often. It was not as if they were making excuses not to spend time with me, but rather they both had something they wanted to do, and only if they had to make a choice would they rather spend time with me, than with doing this other something. I’d actually asked Jack that straight out one time, and he’d told me that he did have other plans for the evening in question, but that he would cancel them to be with me. He didn’t seem upset about it, just a bit taken back by having to rearrange his schedule. A year ago he didn’t have this difficulty.

As for Steve, he was having the same difficulty too. I didn’t press either of them about it as they both had private lives outside of our relationship. They respected my desire to hypnotize other men, and I had to respect their desire to spend time away from me doing things that they enjoyed. For example, Steve like to go to the target range and practice firing his revolver, something that I did not enjoy at all.

Slowly it dawned on me that maybe they were becoming interested in other men. We had not actually talked about that before, but I had to admit to myself that it was possible. I wasn’t exactly a major league stud muffin, after all. I might be giving them a lot of pleasure and joy with the hypnosis, but we were still not having sex. They were not priests or monks, so it would only be natural that they might be seeing someone outside of our relationship. I decided that it was time to find out. Better to know for sure, I thought to myself, than to keep wondering. I arranged for the two of them to meet me for coffee next Saturday night at my place. I told them I had something important to discuss with them, and left it at that.

When my doorbell rang at 7 PM (they were on time as usual), I opened it to see Steve standing there still in his uniform, and Jack standing beside Steve, also in uniform. I invited them in, and we all sat down at the dinning room table with a cup of coffee.

“Steve, Jack,” I began a bit nervously. “I have noticed that in the last few months, we haven’t been seeing as much of each other as we usually do. Is there something wrong? Did I do something to offend either of you?”

“Oh, it’s nothing like that,” Steve said quickly. But he didn’t say anything more. He just looked away from me, looked a Jack for a second, and then looked back at me. He still didn’t say anything.

“Okay,’ I said with a hint of doubt in my voice. “Don’t you know that you both can talk to me about anything? If you’ve found someone else, please let me know. I won’t be upset. After all, it’s not like we’ve ever consummated our relationships.”

Steve and Jack were both fidgeting in their chairs. They could not look me in the eye, and it was clear that they wanted to tell me something. They were either unsure how I would react or were perhaps frightened at how I would react.

“Steve, Jack, I promise you,” I told them emphatically. “I will not do ANYTHING or take ANY ACTION at all, once you tell me whatever it is that you are so reluctant to talk about. It is clear to me that whatever it is, it has you worried as to how I will react. I have never broken my word to you, except for that once instance in the apartment when you met each other for the first time. You know that I have never broken my word to you since. Please, tell me what it is. I care too much for the two of you to let this whatever it is come between us. ”

“Alright, " Steve said with doubt in his voice. “But remember, you promised not to do anything. Nothing at all.” And he fixed me with a steely stare that told me if I didn’t keep my word, he would never trust me again. This had to be very important for him to doubt my word after all the time we had spent together. I looked over at Jack and was surprised to see him looking at me with the exact same expression as Steve. Something big was definitely up.

“It’s like this,” Steve began awkwardly. “Both of us do care for you a great deal, Paul, and we both love it when you hypnotize us. But.....we’ve each found someone else that we love, and someone whom we can be physically intimate with. We’ve found....each other.” And with that Steve glanced over at Jack and blushed. Jack turned to look at Steve and I could see a tenderness and warmth in his eyes and his smile that I had not seen before. It was not the same expression that he used when he looked at me. I just sat there and tried to absorb this surprising bit of news. Steve and Jack were in love with each other, and were lovers. It explained much about what had been happening over the last few months. I wasn’t upset. I was just numb. I didn’t feel anything. No anger. No hurt. No sadness. It was strange, but I almost felt a sense of relief at hearing this news.

“Are you okay?” Steve asked me, with worry in his voice. “Are you angry with us? We didn’t mean to hurt you, and we didn’t mean for this to happen. It just did. Please, Paul, please try to understand.” Steve’s voice was actually starting to shake, he was so scared of how I’d react. As for Jack, he just sat there patiently waiting. He was content to let Steve do the talking for both of them.. I don’t know why I said it. It did not make any sense at all to say it, but say it I did.

“Please, give me your hands, both of you,” I said in a distant and calm voice. Reluctantly, they did so, with almost fearful expressions on their faces. Once I had physical contact with them both, I looked at each of them, one at a time, directly in the eyes and forged a mental link with them. Unlike the link with Mary, this was a one-way link. I could read their minds, but they could not read mine. I’d never tried to do this before, but some hidden instinct told me it was the correct time to try now. I opened my mind to whatever thoughts and feelings they might be having at that time.

At first it was chaotic. Trying to understand the thoughts of two people at the same time is no easy matter. I had some difficulty in sorting it all out, but after a few minutes it started to make sense. I could feel the fear that they both had. Fear about how I would react. They were actually afraid that I might try to take some type of revenge on them, for this act of ‘betrayal’. But beneath the fear I could feel something else, and so I probed. It is something that I do not often do, because of the energy demands it makes on me, but in this case, I wanted to know the truth. And beneath the fear I discovered something wonderful. It was deep and rich, surpassing anything else I had ever felt from anyone. It was as if love, joy, respect, compassion and tenderness were woven into a fine warm quilt, and that quilt had been wrapped around me. I was enveloped in this deep and intense mixture of emotions, and I did not want to let it go, until I felt the acid sting and bitterness that warned me that this quilt was not meant for me. It took only the briefest of mental scans to confirm that these intense feelings and emotions were directed from Steve towards Jack, and from Jack towards Steve. They were in love with each other. Deeply, passionately, and totally.

A few seconds later I felt a warm and soft undercurrent of affection, love and respect flowing from Steve and from Jack, that was directed towards me. It was nothing, though, compared to what I’d just felt. It was like having one silk thread in your hand, after just having held the most beautiful silk sheets only moments ago. Suddenly I felt weak, and let go of their hands, as everything went black. I woke up a few minutes later to see Steve and Jack beside me. They were concerned that something had gone wrong. I waved them back to their seats, and told them I was just a bit tired, but that I’d be okay in a couple of minutes.

Once I had recovered, I realized that I really did not want to let them go. As much as I might care for them, I wanted that ‘quilt’ of emotions for myself, and I intended to get it. I knew I could arrange it, and it would take only a few seconds to do so. It would be very easy to redirect their emotions towards me, instead of towards each other. Best of all, I smiled to myself, Jack and Steve would think it was their own idea. They’d never know the truth. I took a few deep breaths to prepare myself. It wouldn’t be hard to accomplish this task, but I’d just expended a great deal of energy in the last few minutes and I would need to focus my mental powers carefully in order to succeed.

“Steve, Jack,” I began, smiling at them to put them at ease. “It is very clear to me that you both dearly love each other. I cannot stand in the way of that. You have my blessing and my best wishes for a long and loving relationship.” (What the HELL was I saying? This is NOT at all what I wanted to say, or to do for that matter. It was like I was not in control of myself any longer!) “Now, it would be best for all of us, if you both were to just leave now. No goodbye kisses, please. Just go, and be happy. Maybe in a month or so, we can look each other up and see how things are going. Think of this as my ‘wedding gift’ to the two of you. I am very happy for you, and I do love you both.”

And with that I showed them the door and saw them on their way. They couldn’t help but give me a quick kiss on the cheek as they left, hand in hand. Once they were gone, I felt a sudden cold chill enter my being. I had been completely out of control the entire time I was saying goodbye to them. Something was very, very wrong. As much as I’d wanted to do the exact opposite and keep them both here with me, I’d let them go, and wished them luck. My body and my mind had NOT been mine to control. It was like some kind of ‘auto pilot’ had started up in my brain, and directed my actions and thoughts onto a different course of action from what I wanted to happen. Even now, if I thought about going after them and trying to enforce my will upon them, my body would not respond. I didn’t know what was going on, but I knew of one person who might be able to tell me. Mary.

I took a cab down to ‘the Coffee Shop’ as quickly as I could. I wanted to find out what was going on. I didn’t like this out of control feeling that I had. I suppose a sensible person would have called first to find out if Mary was there, but something in my head told me that she would be there. She was.

Trying to remain calm wasn’t easy, but I managed it. I got Mary alone a few seconds after arriving at the shop, and asked her if we could go in the back and talk a bit, as there was something I needed to discuss with her. She looked at me for a moment, and then nodded her head.

Once we were in the back room, we formed another link, and I quickly brought Mary up to speed regarding all that I had done with my powers during the eighteen months since she’d trained me in how to use them. Then I waited, and hoped that she’d be able to explain what had happened. I wanted to maintain the link and talk privately, but I was too weak to continue.

“You’d better sit down before you fall down, Paul,” Mary said to me as she helped me to a nearby chair. “As for this ‘problem’ with your powers, there is nothing to worry about. It isn’t a problem at all.”

“What do you mean, it isn’t a problem?” I nearly screamed at her. I was upset with her answer. “My powers didn’t work at all as I wanted them to. In fact, it almost seemed like they controlled me. I feel like I’ve lost control of myself, and it is terrifying. This has never happened to me before. I’m afraid it’s going to happen again, and get me into real trouble.”

“Paul, calm yourself,” Mary said to me. “You’re overreacting. You powers are just fine. Now sit there and I’ll explain to you what happened. To put it bluntly, you’ve just discovered the price you have to pay, for having powers like yours. When a situation develops where is it better to let someone you have ‘influenced’ go on their way because they have found true happiness or love, then you cannot stand in their way. Your powers will not permit it. Remember how I told you that your ‘compassion and caring’ would be your safety net? How, that your basic personality would prevent you from ever misusing your powers? Well, that is exactly what has happened here. Steve and Jack found love between them, and although you may have been the catalyst that brought them together, you do not have the right to interfere with that developing relationship. I told you at the beginning of all this that you could bring a lot of joy and good to the world, and this is just one example. You haven’t lost anything. In fact, you have gained much. You had over a year of fun and joy with both Steve and Jack. Now that they have moved on and out of your life, you are free to find someone new and start the whole process over again. It is what you wanted at the start, Paul. Now you have it.”

And with that, Mary just stood there and looked a me, darning me to dispute what she had said. I wanted to. God, how I wanted to. But I could not. She was right again. But it just didn’t seem fair. Was I destined to a life of men coming into my life and then just leaving? Wasn’t I entitled to a long term relationship? Before I could even start to open my mouth, Mary spoke again.

“Paul,” she said as she looked directly into my eyes. “I know what you are thinking. You’re wondering if you are ever going to have a long term relationship, if these powers of yours keep pushing men out of your life. The problem is not your powers, Paul. The problem, is you. When you are ready to make a commitment to someone, to the man that you truly love, your powers will not get in the way. In fact, they will bind that man to you even closer than he is now. I know how you feel, and the hurt and confusion you are suffering. I went through the same thing the first time I lost a love. It gets better, trust me. Just give yourself time. That is the one thing that you definitely have.”

“Now my shift is over in about five minutes and the love of my life is coming by to pick me up. Stay, Paul, and scan me. I give you permission. I want you to know what a bonding of minds is like when you find the right person.” And with that Mary headed back to the counter to finish her shift. I was perplexed to say the least, but also very curious. So I stayed. I ordered a cup of coffee and waited to meet this ‘man of her dreams’, not knowing what to expect.

Imagine my surprise when he turned out to be the ‘customer’ I’d seen paying his bill the first time I was in the Coffee Shop! I scanned Mary’s mind, when she told hold of my hand. What I found nearly made me swoon with surprise. I could almost see a weaving of love, devotion, caring, compassion, trust, and many other emotions flowing between Mary’s mind and Robert’s. It was many times more intense that what I had felt between Steve and Jack. I was in shock, and it showed. Robert wasn’t an especially good looking man on the outside, but on the inside he was a rare and precious jewel. Mary released my hand, and slowly my strength started to return. I had overextended my powers today, and I was feeling very weak. Robert walked over to me, smiled at me and said, “Now you know, don’t you? Mary is a wonderful woman. I see that she has trained you well. Yes, I know all about you, from her. Rest assured that you will find someone like me for yourself. You just have to keep searching and helping people as you do. Mary searched for twenty-five years, and I was the result. Never give up, Paul. He’s out there somewhere.”

And with that Robert returned to Mary and soon after they left. I had much to think about and to think over, once the shock wore off. I ordered another cup of coffee.