The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Cable Guy

Chapter 6 — The Decision

Their relationship went on all through the semester and through the summer, but it was strained. They weren’t thinking about breaking up, but Thomas became more secretive than he had in the past. He started adding to his wall again, on weekends with girls off campus. Jennie hung out more with her girlfriends, but if anyone asked them they were still together and still happy. Anyone with eyes could see the conflict between them—they weren’t fighting, but the distance was obvious, though it never grew so wide as to allow them to drift apart.

“So is she it or not?” Doug asked as Thomas settled a visiting softball player, in full uniform, down at the television and distracted her with a baseball game.

“I don’t know. She fell so easily for those cards, but she’s so strong inside, but she won’t let it show, and I can’t be with someone who just won’t be inspired.”

“So inspire her!” Doug yelled in the voice of someone who thought he was stating something that was beyond obvious.

“God, no! No, I’m not doing that! There are girls for sex and women for love, and Jennie is the woman I love. I just don’t know if I can resist the temptation.”

The softball player interrupted the conversation with a telltale moan of desire, and Doug snickered. “Speaking of girls for sex...”

“Thanks, dude,” Thomas said as he laid the girl down and began caressing her legs, removing her socks and shoes and moving up to her pants and panties as she sighed and writhed against him. “You can’t win at Iowa, so let Tommy boy make you feel like a winner. Yeah, you like it right there, don’t you?” he purred, slipping a couple of fingers just to the right of her clit. The woman made her appreciation known throughout the entire dorm.

The next day Antoine came in holding a scorecard with glee. “You dog! Look at this scorecard!” he proclaimed.

“I signed it this time,” Thomas protested.

“Not that one, this one,” Antoine replied, holding out a box score. “15-2 over Arizona! Starting pitcher Monica Mendoza, no outs recorded, five runs, all earned, four walks, one grand slam!”

“Oh, she was pitching? I guess I wore her out. Should I go apologize?”

Antoine looked at him like he was slightly brain-damaged. “Monica Mendoza. Name doesn’t ring any bells? How about All-American Monica Mendoza? Olympic gold medalist Monica Mendoza? ERA under point-five Monica Mendoza? Arizona doesn’t lose because of Monica Mendoza? Never loses ever Monica Mendoza? Didn’t know she liked her pregame wiener, but, well, you changed her channel, man!”

“What? No, man, it had to be a fluke. Or maybe I hurt her arm. She liked to play a little rough,” Thomas said with a blush.

“Not likely. You drugged her brain, convinced her beyond any reason that she could not beat Iowa, and if she needed the thrill of victory, she got it from your little roll in the hay. Simple suggestion, and almost unavoidable, but instead of marking you down for lack of finesse, I’ll just say ‘good work, and go Hawkeyes!’” Ivan said, intervening.

Little bits of news from the sports pages caught up to Thomas at last, and his jaw dropped. “No way. You mean I made the greatest female athlete in college do that? That’s impossible! She’s got to be- everyone has a bad day—”

“A bad day for Mendoza is having to turn around and check on a runner at second base more than once,” Antoine replied. “Walks are not a fluke. Her subconscious told her she couldn’t be a winner at Iowa, so everything was just a little to the right. Our girls were smart enough to lay off the sinker, and that was that. How’d you only get a C in Psych, anyway?”

“Have you seen him try to study? He’s lucky he’s puling C’s in anything,” Cassandra proclaimed, passing through on her way to another concert. “Look at it this way, Tommy, if you can remove ambition, you can install it, right? And make it stronger? So maybe you could do that about your girl instead of whining about how she’d be perfect if she only had the nerve. Why do you think I keep an inspirational songbook around for? To suck up to the Ted Baker kids?”

“I’m not changing anyone! That’s just wrong!”

“It’s unavoidable! That’s what we’re trying to tell you!” Antoine snapped, his temper stretched to the fraying point.

“For you! You were born that way! I don’t need this shit. I just want to be normal!” Thomas yelled, slamming the door to his room behind him.

“So you’ve got her on a string and you don’t know what to do. You lvoe her and need her, and she loves you and needs you, but you’re afraid of yourself,” Bob said as Thomas came home after a crazy year.

“Something like that,” Thomas said sadly.

“Is it the credit scam? I’ve chased off more than one of those myself. I know it’s confusing, and thank God you’re at Iowa to sort it out, but it’s time for you to make a decision.

“What decision?”

“To keep her or not. Not take, but to keep, you can’t avoid it. I know what you were thinking, adding to the wall again. Professor Douglas told me everything. He’s worried about you. I didn’t raise you to be a traveling salesman who bags any two-bit whore on hotel porno. You need to decide if you want to keep Jennie for life. You know you can change her, and that that’s what it’ll take. I’ll let you in on a secret: the better it works, the more right you were to do it.”

“But it’s wrong! I’m playing God. I’m not keeping the woman I love, I’m making the woman I want!”

“In a way. But you’re keeping her smart, right? Funny? Feisty? Letting her keep her own initiative? You’re just trying to make her more ambitious and want her to succeed. You have th tools. Try it before you lose her,” Bob said with concern.

Thomas sighed. “So when I leave her, some asshole can turn her into a robot, or a hooker, or something worse,” Thomas replied.

“I heard about that. She might not fall into the exact same trap, but I’ll say it. If she keeps on with the lack of confidence, she’ll walk into a trap like that. She might not end up a thing, but someone will keep her. It’s not wrong for you to want to protect her. Your mom was the same way she is. I was the same way you are.”

Thomas stared at his dad with his jaw hanging open. Mary entered the room and looked at them. “So your father’s started telling you about our past? He taught me so much, and that’s why I love him. I was a sheepish girl going for an MRS degree, and you know how successful I was as a journalist before I retired. That was your father. I won’t tell you how much, but I knew what he did to make me better. He did tell you when I was having you he had to rebuild it?”

“Anesthesia, yeah.”

“Well, there was that. But I also didn’t want the hormones to soften me up. Why do you think I let your father raise you? Jennie seems like a very nice girl. Don’t go too far, but you know her well enough to be careful. Go for it,” Mary encouraged him.

Thomas scratched his head, but he was already having ideas about how to modify his machine, and he started working on the specs.