The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Two of the characters in this story have the same names and are essentially the same characters that I used in another story. But this one takes place in a completely different setting and I hope it will lead to other stories in this setting. The reader should think of this as “Chapter One”. The only category this story fits into, in the author’s opinion, is mc as it is pure mind control.

THE BROTHERHOOD OF THOTH

BY GLORYBOY

Doug Martin walked into the college library and looked around. He saw Alyson and Jamie sitting with a group of their friends. He was very nervous about what he was going to try. This was the first serious field test he had undertaken. Everything until now had been theory and tests on subjects that he could never be completely sure were not just playing along. But if this worked, then he truly had a mission in life and was at the beginning of belonging to something important, something that transcended himself or even his lifetime, something that was helping to sustain the world.

Doug reached into his shirt and pulled the necklace to the outside. The rim was of solid gold. The middle was a smooth, white substance like perfectly polished glass although it was most definitely not glass. On the white glass was drawn a symbol in black. It looked basically like an eye. [Go to http://www.shira.net/symbols.htm and look at the entry labeled ‘Utchat’]. Now that it was on the outside of his shirt, he kept his right hand carefully covering it. He set in a chair a little ways away from the chatting girls and pretended to be looking at a magazine. Finally, the moment he had been waiting for occurred. Alyson and Jamie stood up. If they followed the normal pattern, Alyson would head for her three o’clock class while Jamie would stay in the library studying for another hour. He turned and walked out the door. There were a lot of people sitting around in the lobby outside the library as the library was located inside the English department building. He kept going, walking down the hallway he knew she would take and then turning and waiting for her. As she neared, he cleared his throat and said, “Excuse me, Alyson?”

Alyson turned and looked at him. She saw a tall young man of about her own age, large of build and probably a bit overweight. He saw a gorgeous young woman of about his own age, with long red hair, wearing tight jeans, a shirt that showed the midriff and leather boots.

“Yes?” she said.

He held up the necklace and said, “You don’t really know me. We’re in American Literature together. I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed me but I was wondering…”

She held up her hand.

“I’m sorry,” she said. “I don’t mean to hurt your feelings but I’m really not interested in anything like that. I really don’t date.”

“Oh no, it’s not that,” he said. “Its just that I have something here you might be interested in seeing.”

He changed his grip on the necklace, holding it by the frame so she could see the eye. She could not help but look at it. It was quite beautiful and she looked at it more closely. That was precisely what he needed. A quick glance was not enough but, if someone spent at least a full second or two looking, the initial hypnotic effect automatically occurred. This effect was nothing more than a compulsion to keep looking.

“You will follow my orders and do exactly what I tell you to do,” Doug said.

“Yes,” she agreed but it was clear she was becoming afraid.

“Do not feel fear,” he said. “Act natural. Everything is okay. You are completely yourself except in one respect- you will stay with me as I move and do everything I tell you to do.”

“Okay,” she said, feeling completely unafraid.

He located an empty classroom and said, “Let’s step in here.”

“No problem,” she said.

As they sat down facing one another, Doug said, “Alyson, you will answer every question I ask truthfully. You will hold nothing back. You will even volunteer information you think is relevant if I don’t ask.”

“Okay,” she said in a very matter of fact tone.

“Okay, you and Jamie are romantically involved?”

“Yes, for several months now,” she said.

“Are things going well?”

“They’re going okay,” she said.

There was obvious discomfort in her voice.

“I know some things are hard to talk about,” he said, “but from now on, you will always think of me as a dear friend that you can confide in.”

He had her looking at the amulet as he said it. She smiled at him as someone she loved and trusted. He felt warm about that even though he knew it was because he had told her to feel that way.

“She’s uncomfortable because I’ve had experience with men and she hasn’t,” Alyson said. “She’s afraid I’ll eventually decide this is just a carefree college experience and marry some guy because it’s more socially acceptable.”

“Is she right?”

“No, she’s not. But she carries that fear and it makes it hard to be honest with her sometimes.”

“How are you not honest with her?”

“Well, like, I’ve started to deny that I ever feel attracted to a guy. I don’t even call myself bisexual anymore. I tell her I’m lesbian all the way because she has that fear of losing me.”

“So it’s a trust issue,” he said. “I think we need to bring Jamie in on this. Do you two share a room?”

“We do,” Alyson said.

“Does anyone else live there?”

“No, just the two of us live there.”

“Okay, give me the address and a good time to find you both at home. You don’t need to tell her ahead of time, just give me a good time to be there.”

After he sent Alyson on her way, Doug continued sitting in the empty classroom. He let out a deep breath. This was a bit complicated to deal with for a first assignment. But he had been told the best thing to do was to play these things by ear.

Alyson opened the apartment door and let him in. At Jamie’s questioning look, Alyson said, “This is Doug from American Literature class. He has something you might be interested in seeing.”

Even as he walked across the room, he could see Jamie glancing at Alyson suspiciously. He could see just from the look in her eyes that she was rapidly going from a natural fear people sometimes carry of losing their loved one to paranoia about it, one that would ironically eventually be the cause of the relationship failing. He held the amulet out and said, “I think you might be interested in this.”

She barely glanced.

“Alyson, I want to speak to you in private,” Jamie said.

A fear ran through him and anger. If only she would look. But she was heading towards the bedroom to speak to Alyson in private and she clearly expected Alyson to follow. He made a snap decision that defied the rules. He pulled the necklace over his head, grabbed Alyson’s arm and put the amulet in her hand.

“Just get her to look at it and keep her looking at it,” he said.

As soon as they went into the bedroom and closed the door, Doug began walking very quietly in that direction. He could hear them arguing.

“So, is that your boyfriend?” he heard Jamie sarcastically say.

“No,” Alyson said. “This is getting ridiculous.”

“Oh, so now I’m ridiculous?”

“Yeah, considering he’s just a student who came over to show you this because you have an interest in history.”

There was silence for several seconds. He opened the door. Alyson was holding the amulet and Jamie was compelled to look at it.

“Jamie,” he said, “you will calm down and do whatever I tell you to do.”

“Yes, of course,” she said.

He breathed a sigh of relief.

“Okay, let’s head into the living room and talk this out please.”

Jamie and Alyson sat on the couch while Doug sat in a chair facing them.

“I already know what Alyson has told me,” Doug said. “Tell me what is going on with you, Jamie. Tell me everything.”

“I’m so afraid of losing her,” Jamie said.

Tears welled in her eyes.

“Has she done things to make you think you might lose her?”

“No, I haven’t,” Alyson blurted.

“Alyson, let Jamie answer the questions,” Doug said.

“Okay, I’m sorry,” Alyson pouted.

“Sometimes I see her look at guys,” Jamie said.

Doug thought for a moment.

“Does she also look at women?”

“Well, yes, but that’s different.”

“How is it different? It should make you worry just as much.”

Jamie took a deep breath.

“It’s because I’m not afraid she’d leave me for another person. I’m afraid she’d leave me for acceptance.”

Jamie let out her breath and broke down crying. Tears welled in Alyson’s eyes and she went to hold Jamie but Jamie shrugged her off.

“I get it now,” Alyson said. “You’re afraid that, sooner or later, people’s prejudices will get to me. Since I’m bi, you’re afraid I’ll take the easy way out, kiss off the one I truly love to escape the bigotry.”

“Yes and some part of me doesn’t believe you would ever do that but the fear will always be there, Alyson, every minute for as long as I live and there’s nothing you can do to change that.”

Doug smiled and leaned forward.

“No, there isn’t. But there is something I can do about it.”

* * *

The night air was cool and it helped to settle him down. Doug was headed for the office of Dr. Rupert Stephens. He knew the man had an evening office hour tonight. Stephens was a Renaissance man, his office decorated accordingly. The door was currently open, Stephens catching up on some work while he waited in case a student happened by. They usually did not during his one evening office hour. He looked up as Doug stepped into his peripheral vision outside the door.

“Oh, hello, Doug. Do come in.”

Doug nodded and smiled weakly.

“Hi, Professor. Got a minute?”

“Of course,” Stephens said. “Come in and shut the door.”

“Well, I did my first assignment.”

“Okay,” Doug heard a voice in his mind. “We should speak only through the amulets about this. How did it go?”

“I’ll have my report tele-recorded into the amulet by tomorrow and telesend it into your amulet. But it went fine. It went perfectly, in fact. I figured out what the problems were and corrected them. Jamie’s problem was based upon the fact that, when she ‘came out’, her parents and many friends just went on and on about how it was ‘a stage she was going through’ and that eventually she’d ‘find the right man.’ Being lesbian, she was able to resist the desire to seek social acceptance but she always feared someone like Alyson, who is bi-sexual, would give in to the temptation fore acceptance.”

“Astute analysis,” Stephens said.

“I’m not sure she could ever have overcome that fear. It would have taken years of therapy, to be sure. I took the fear away from her. Then I had them forget I had ever been there although one thing I couldn’t resist doing was having them remember that I’m their friend.”

Stephens raised his eyebrows in amusement.

“THAT was all you couldn’t resist doing?”

“Well, there was the all-night three-way orgy,” Doug said and then added, “I’m joking.”

Stephens laughed but then managed to say, “With most agents, that is exactly what would have happened, especially since there are no rules against it. As long as you take precautions for their safety and yours, sexually speaking, it’s considered a perk of the job.”

“Yeah, I know, but it just didn’t seem right in this case. They needed each other.”

“You did well,” Stephens said. “I think I was right to induct you.”

* * *

“I disagree with your basic premise, Professor,” Doug said.

He was sitting in the office of Professor Rupert Stephens, Head of the Philosophy department.

“I know I’ll probably get a poor grade but I do disagree. Women are intelligent and every bit as capable as men. I find it hard to believe you belong to some strange organization that believes they must guide and protect women.”

“My dear boy, you’ve misunderstood my entire premise,” Stephens said. “The organization I belong to does indeed guide and protect women. Our sister organization does the same for men. The approaches are not precisely the same but the goal is. We guide society and nurture people. Sadly, when one looks at the current state of things, one must conclude we’ve done a damn poor job of it. But we can only guide and help individuals. You can be part of that august organization. I believe you have what it takes, particularly the heart it takes.”

He held up the amulet that he wore and then took a small container out of his desk and slid it across to Doug.

“Open it and take out the amulet,” Stephens said. “Everyone involved in shaping it wore gloves. It has never been touched by human hands until now.”

Doug gingerly touched it. As soon as he did, he felt a strange tingling in his hand and then that same strange tingling seemed to be in his mind. He yanked his hand away and then, cautiously, touched it again, this time holding onto it.

After a few seconds, the tingling stopped.

“It has attuned itself to you now. It will only work for you. You don’t have to actually be touching it. There is an initial hypnotic effect that will work on anyone who looks at it automatically so be careful not to let it be seen. But beyond that basic effect, it is your will that makes it work.”

“But I looked at it,” Doug said. “Was I hypnotized?”

“It won’t hypnotize the person it is attuned to,” Stephens said. “But twice when you’ve been in my office, I let you see my amulet hanging about my neck and you didn’t lapse into a trance. That’s how I knew you were a strong willed enough individual to wield one of these. No one that could be entranced by them could join our select group.”

“And what, precisely, are these amulets?” Doug asked.

“They are surrounded in myth,” Stephens said. “According to the records of our organization, a strange glowing rock fell to the Earth, a gift from the gods, thousands of years ago.”

“Sounds like a meteorite,” Doug said.

“That would be a more modern interpretation,” Stephens smiled. “It was discovered that most people who looked at this object became entranced and could not stop looking at it. They did not eat or sleep. They merely stood and gazed. Luckily, there were those few that were able to resist. They told the others to stop looking and, to their amazement, the others obeyed. Eventually, these men and women formed two organizations. There was a tendency to divide tasks by gender and this was no exception. So the Brotherhood of Thoth and the Sisterhood of Isis were formed. The meteor or gift from the gods was divided into fragments and formed into these amulets. Throughout history, some of them have been lost. There are a finite number of them so it is no small recognition of the regard in which I hold you that I give you one. Our philosophy is quite simple: use it for good and to enjoy yourself as long as you do not cause harm.”

* * *

Doug walked home after reporting to Stephens about how things went with Alyson and Jamie. As he walked by the campus coffee shop, he saw that they were in there. He had never seen them look so happy. He was tempted to go in and say hello. He knew they would remember him as a dear friend. But he decided not to this night. Let them have their time relaxed and without worries at last.

An attractive young woman with long dark hair stopped because he was blocking the door of the coffee shop.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said.

He stepped out of the way and opened the door.

“Thanks,” she said. “Not many guys do that anymore.”

“Well, it’s just me. It just feels like the right thing to do.”

She looked back. “Say, are you coming in?”

He hesitated.

“I wasn’t,” he said. “But I think I will.”

She smiled since that made it clear that interest in her was the only reason he changed his mind.

As they went in and just before the door closed, she said, “Some guys can’t be themselves around me. I find someone who can be rather entrancing.”

He smiled.

“Yeah,” he said. “I’m beginning to think that’s the best kind.”