The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Book of Zion

By D.T and Mr Stepford

2 Darlene 2

Over the next month she and Kate had become friends, talking on the phone, meeting for coffee or dinner. Kate had encouraged Darlene to go on to college, but Darlene wanted to wait until after the baby was born. Meanwhile she was considering her options for a career. She was dithering between teaching and social work, but more and more she leaned toward the second. Maybe she could work with runaways, or other teen moms.

Today though she and Kate were going to take a road trip. Having gotten tired of seeing the clothes she’d, well essentially stolen, sitting in the cleaner’s’ bag, she’d decided to return them in person since she couldn’t bring herself to mail them. She’d rented a car for the purpose. No way was she going to get stranded again.The book on tape version of the God delusion by Richard Dawkins seem like an odd choice of “music” for a road trip. But since Darlene had decide to return her outfit Kate had been indoctrinating her with atheist propaganda and anti cult rhetoric. Kate even went so far as to call ahead and sit up ground rules for the meeting. " Remember we are meeting at the church just you me and Annkia no prophet no family” Kate said “for the thousandth time I get it” Darlene replied. As they approach the church Darlene couldn’t fathom what drew her to here in the first place. But like that first time, brother Randall greeted them at the door.

“Darlene what blessing it is to see you again” he said “Hello Randall” she replied Darlene had expected a certain amount of, hostility, coldness perhaps. But she felt nothing but warmth and kindness from him.“Wait a minute,” Kate was saying as she stared at Randall, “aren’t you the guy from that band?” She was snapping her fingers trying to recall the name. “Death Monkey” Randall replied “Right!” Kate said with a smile and then she frowned. “Dude, what the hell happened to you?” “I simply choose the better path” Randall responded while leading them inside the church.

“Sister Annkia is running late but she will be here shortly. But I do have good news for you Kaitlyn” Randall said “The Prophet had a cancellation this morning so he is available for your interview . Darlene if you wait right here Sister Annkia will be here soon and if you follow me Kaitlyn the prophet awaits”

“I know I said we shouldn’t split up but if I don’t get this interview my professor won’t let me us any of your stuff, will you be okay?” Kate asked Darlene “I will be will you?” Darlene replied “of course I know this look overwhelming but it is all smoke and mirrors there is nothing that going to happen that I am not prepared for, their not going to turn my to dress wearing God freak”. I wouldn’t be too sure of that, Darlene thought remembering Elizabeth, but Kate seemed well able to take care of herself.

“All right. I’ll just sit right here.” Darlene moved over to a bench and sat while Randall escorted Kate to the prophet’s office. Part of her wished she could be there to witness that confrontation, but for her own peace of mind it was better that she wait here. She reached into her bag for a book she’d bought on the basics of baby care. She was thinking of hiring a nanny but on a strictly limited basis, just to have a little extra help. She was determined not to fully outsource her kid’s upbringing.

But the book she pulled out turned out to be The Book of Zion. “What the?” She sat there staring at it. She was sure, absolutely sure that the copy the prophet had given her was still in the purse where she’d left it after fishing out the rest of her personal items and transferring them to this tote. She blinked and looked again. This time the title read Babies A to Z. It’s official, she thought rubbing her eyes. I am sleep deprived.

“Hello, Darlene.” Darlene looked up and saw Annkia standing over her. Her hair, makeup and dress was of course immaculate and her blissful smile filled Darlene with both warmth and guilt Darlene closed her book and stood up. “Hi, Annika. I, um,” Darlene paused to clear her throat, “I wanted to apologize for taking off like that, and to return these. I know I should have brought them back sooner. I’m sorry.” Darlene held out the bag of clothes.“My precious sister” Annkia as she reaches for the bag “as I told you before you never have to be sorry here” as Annkia grab hold of the bag her hand touched Darlene’s “Well, how is everyone?” Darlene asked trying to sound more relaxed than she actually felt.

“They are blessed” said Annkia “They were excited to hear that you were coming today, Theresa, Emily and Loren especially. They all wanted you to know how much they love you” . “May we be the family you’ve always wanted” began playing in Darlene head as Annkia placed her hand on Darlene stomach. “I am so glad you have decided to keep this precious gift from God” said Annkia. That warmth Darlene tried to forget begin to grow from her stomach. “That was the only good thing that can from this place” Darlene thinks to herself “I learned the value of my babies life..was that only positive I got from here?”

“Um, ahem, how are Margaret and Jennifer?” she asked half hoping Annika would remove her hand and half hoping she wouldn’t. “Jennifer just had our precious baby” said Annkia Darlene did a quick tally in her mind. “I thought she wasn’t due for another month. Is she okay? Is the baby okay?” “Margaret is doing great in fact she is here right now for choir practice” Annkia said. No sooner did the words choir practice come from her mouth then Darlene begin to hear music. Part of her felt drawn to the music, but she had agreed to wait here for Kate.

Just then a gentleman approached “Sister Annkia I have Brother Jacob on the phone there seems to be a issue with our building permit for the outreach center in Boise” the man said “Oh dear” Annkia saids as she looks at Darlene “Sister I wish I could spend more time with you but I must take this call” Annkia continue as she gently touched Darlene cheek “Just know that we love you and GOD loves you”

As Annkia walked away the music grew louder

Choose the right! Choose the right!
Let wisdom mark the way before.
In its light, choose the right!
And God will bless you evermore

Darlene tipped her head back and leaned against the wall as memories of her last time here bubbled up in her mind. Back then she’d been drifting, alone and lonely and so the warm welcome from everyone, especially the prophet’s family had been especially enticing. Darlene placed her hand on the area of her stomach Annkia touched. The sounds around her began to fade until all she heard was the song.

Choose the right! Let no spirit of digression
Overcome you in the evil hour.
There’s the right and the wrong to ev’ry question;
Be safe thru inspiration’s pow’r.

In her mind she was back at the crossroads staring up at the mountain. She went to lift her foot to take a step but it wouldn’t move. Someone was shaking her shoulder and calling her name. “Darlene...Darlene wake up” Darlene open her eyes and saw Kate standing over her “How did the interview go?” Darlene ask “It was.....um...interesting” Kate replied. Darlene didn’t know if her pregnant mind was playing tricks on her but she could swear that during that brief pause in her sentence Kate trademark smirk transformed into a blissful smile and her eyes there was something different about her eyes. Darlene looked down and saw that she was holding a book of Zion and three packet that looked similar to learning packet she got at gospel introduction. “What is that?” Darlene ask “research...just...research” Kate replied

“Okay,” Darlene said, “are you ready to go?” “Uh, yeah.” Kate seemed reluctant as they exited the building towards the public parking lot. Darlene decided to invoke Driver’s Privilege for the ride home and insist on listening to something more relaxing. She got into the car and put on her seatbelt. She turned the key. Nothing. She turned it again. Still nothing. She turned it one more time, and saw a flashing light on the dashboard.“Great, the battery’s dead,” she told Kate.