The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Book of Zion

By D.T and Mr Stepford

1 Darlene 1

Darlene stared out of the bus window watching the scenery roll by. Summer had come to coastal Oregon and the world was green and alive but she couldn’t really appreciate it.She’d been all set to go to the clinic yesterday. She had the cash, fake ID, only she hadn’t counted on the crowd outside the building. Protesters and clinic staff and cops all going at it in a big noisy mob. She’d been trying to find another way into the building when a woman who looked like she’d wandered out of a Leave It to Beaver rerun approached her and pressed a pamphlet into her hands.

“You’re not alone, dear,” she’d said.Darlene had mumbled something and gotten out of there as fast as she could. She’d almost tossed the brochure into the trash but curiosity made her look at it. She pulled it out of her pocket and looked at it now. The front page showed a girl in distress clutching a baby bump with the caption. “Pregnant? Need help?” She opened it.

ZIONITE FELLOWSHIP was the title in big bold letters above a photo of some kind of church-type building. Darlene didn’t recognize the style. It looked pretty though. Clean with lots of flowers.The rest of the pamphlet was devoted to how the Fellowship assisted “young women in difficult situations”, including testimonials from women who’d supposedly had their lives turned around for the better.But none of that had really impressed Darlene until she’d turned it over to the back panel and saw him, or his picture rather. Even in a photograph, something about those eyes seemed to reach out and grab her and before she knew it she was calling for an appointment.

The Fellowship was headquartered outside the city in a little town called Covenant and as the bus headed down the main street Darlene wondered if she’d passed through some kind of time warp or something. Compared to the other women and girls in their dresses, skirts, perfectly done hair, and perfectly made up faces Darlene felt downright sloppy.She’d actually made an effort to look nice for her appointment putting on her nicest loose linen slacks and T-shirt. As she studied her reflection in the window she realized the dark pink lipstick she’d put on made her mouth seem clown-like. As for her hair, well, the nice thing about the pixie cut was its low maintenance.

None of that matters, she told herself as she got off the bus and headed to the address she’d been given, which was just across from City Hall. You agreed to meet with the guy, that’s it, she reminded herself trying not to think about how his voice had made her feel on the phone, so warm almost like he was wrapping a blanket around her. Just hear him out and catch the next bus home, she told herself going up the steps. She stopped short in surprise when a man opened the door for her. She mumbled a thank you, oblivious to the man who’d been watching her from a window from the moment she stepped onto the pavement.

“Darlene?” Said the man “Yes” reply Darlene “its so nice to meet you, I am Brother Randall it was my wife Sister Elaine who you meet at the clinic,come the prophet is waiting” . As they walked down the hall she couldn’t help but think that if she replaced his tailored tan suit with a leather jacket and torn jeans and his perfectly comb hair with a Mohawk her guide would look just like the front man to punk band she use to see at a run down bar. But it couldn’t possibly be him.

They arrived at the end of the hall in front of two giant doors .“The prophet is right thru those doors, I would come in but my duty as choir leaders call” Brother Randell put one hand on his heart and the other on Darlene shoulder “I hope we can be the family you have always wanted....Be Blessed”. Brother Randall walked away leaving Darlene speechless “we can be the family you always wanted” rang inside her head and instead of disturbing her it comforted her

The only child of workaholic parents Darlene had often wondered why her mother had bothered to carry her to term. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d seen or spoken to either of her parents. Oh, they sent plenty of money. At least she wasn’t one of those horror-stories from the evening news shows, starving and wallowing in her own filth. This place didn’t feel like a church, or at least not what she imagined a church would feel like, since she’d never actually been inside one. It didn’t feel like an office either in that she couldn’t detect an air of bureaucratic oppression. Everyone they’d passed seemed happy to be here.Takes all sorts, she told herself as she knocked at the door. Or rather she raised her hand to knock but the door opened and Darlene found herself face to face with the prophet.

Those eyes were even stronger in person. Darlene never real took much credence in the ridiculous concept of a soul but if she had one those eyes would be piercing it. “Darlene what a blessing it is to meet you” said the prophet as he took her hand. Darlene knees begin to buckle as though kneeling before him was that most natural thing to do. But she was able to conjure enough strength prevent that humiliation, but not enough to run which a part of her desperately wanted to do.

As they took their seats she was able to avert her eyes from his long enough to get a full view of the man before her. He was a handsome man in his late 30s early forty wearing a light grey pinstriped three piece suit with a flawless head of hair. He reminded her of one those televangelist she had seen on tv but unlike them she felt a since of genuineness to him. The conversation began with the usual pleasantries “how was your trip?"“Would you like a glass of water?” All standard question Darlene could give a pat answer without letting her guard down. But that all came crashing down when prophet said “Darlene before we go any further I must ask....Do you believe in God?

For a moment she couldn’t speak and she was in the process of raising her left hand to her mouth when a glance at it reminded her she’d already bitten her nails down to the quick.A memory rose to the surface of her mind of the time when she was in first grade and the teacher was asking kids about the different ways their families celebrated Christmas. Darlene had to admit she didn’t know what Christmas was, and the entire class had laughed at her. While the teacher scolded them Darlene’s table partner, a girl named Tanya Petrovich had leaned over to whisper, “Don’t you believe in God?” “I guess not,” had been Darlene’s response then.

The bulk of Darlene’s religious education had come via public school history courses which had given her a dim view of religion since so many different ones seemed to spend a lot of time fighting about it. The concept of a “gracious, Heavenly Father” was a bit much for her to swallow. If God was anything like her own father, no wonder the world was so messed up.But the prophet was looking intently at her waiting for an answer. She had to say something. “I don’t not believe in God, I guess. I’ve never really thought about it.” Well he believes in you Darlene and he loves you very much . He loves you so much he led you to us why would you of come unless from Gods guiding hand?

“Surely God has more important things to worry about than me,” Darlene said clapping a hand over her mouth cheeks turning bright red when she realized she’d said that out loud. “There is nothing more important to heavenly father then your salvation. The world has left you broken and alone the devil has whisper his lies in your ear manipulating you into believing that the only choice you have in life is compromise morals and carnal desire. You been down that path sister and it has twisted you into believing that you are not worthy enough to be a mother to that beautiful creation that is growing inside you”

Darlene felt her throat closing up as he spoke, her eyes stinging as she thought back to the night she’d told Bull, yes, that was his legal name, that she was carrying his child. She’d stood outside for hours in the rain waiting for him to get home. He’d told her it wasn’t his problem, advised her to “just get rid of it”, and then slammed the door in her face. She gasped for breath as a tear ran down her cheek and she jumped to her feet needing to escape. Wait sister....my words are not meant scorn nor judge they come from love....what we offer here is simple, we want what’s best for the child if you here and carry you precious child to term we will pay for everything and if you decide not to keep your baby we will make sure it has a loving home. All we ask is that while you are here you live by our moral code and allow us the honor of teaching you”

“I, I need to sleep on it. Thank you.” She rushed out of the room and then out of the building making it as far as a park bench before her knees gave out entirely. She took slow careful breaths blinking, furiously.Someone stepped in front of her and offered her a handkerchief, not a tissue, an actual handkerchief. Looking up Darlene found herself looking at a woman of about thirty, maybe. She looked an awful lot like Joan Allen had in the movie Pleasantville.

“Just go ahead and let it out, dear,” she said sitting beside Darlene and putting a supportive arm around her shoulders. “I was the same way with each of mine. Hormones all over the place. I would weep at the drop of a hat. And I had the support of my husband and a whole family. I’m guessing that’s not exactly true in your case? “Tears falling faster Darlene shook her head. She had nobody. Sure she still had a roof over her head and an eight figure trust fund. She’d been tempted to laugh at the prophet’s offer to pay for her care. She could afford excellent health care, but the idea of becoming a single mom at 18 was more than she could handle right now. “My name is Annika by the way.” “Darlene,” she replied with a sniffle.” Darlene, yes, I remember you were at the clinic that day. Sister Elaine spoke to you. I must say, dear, I’m glad you didn’t go through with it. Children are much too precious to be tossed aside like so much garbage.”

Unable to contain herself anymore since that was more or less what her own parents had done, Darlene broke down sobbing. Annika pulled her close rubbing her back lightly making soothing sounds. After a few moments Darlene felt a hand on the top of her head, a man’s hand.

Darlene froze “did he follow me out here, is there no escaping him?” “Darlene are you okay?” The man said as a sense of relief fell over her when she recognized the voice “I’m okay thank you Randall” “She is any but okay the poor dear she has had a lot to take in " Annkia replied “I understand the gifts the prophet offer is a lot to take in” Randall said “But I hope you will not let emotion get the better of you and make a rash decision about this place” “I ..I said I would sleep on it” Darlene replied " A wise decision some of my best decision came after a good night’s rest” said Annkia " I couldn’t of said it better myself Sister Annkia, do you have a place to stay” asked Randall " Well she will stay with me of course” Annkia replied. Before she could raise her voice in any sort of protest Darlene was distracted by a sound was beginning to believe could not exist in Covenant, the sound of profanity.

“Where’s my money you fucking piece of shit " screamed the girl. Her tirade was directed at a young couple mostly the male counterpart. He was dressed in standard male Covenant dress a suit tie a drastic contrast to girl yelling at him. She had on a pair of shorts that would of made daisy duke blush and a top that was way too small for her well endowed chest. She was covered in tattoos the most vulgar of which was the tramp stamp on her back. “Elizabeth this neither the time nor place to dis.....” the young man was cut " My fucking name is Lizy, fucking Christ you have always been a pussy first you follow me around like a Goddamned puppy now little Miss Stepford here has suck out what little individuality you had in the first place” “Robert has simply choose a better path, one that this available to you” the young girl replied “Go fuck yourself polly anna! Bobby I want my money and I want it right fucking now!” Screamed Lizy " I have no money to give and if I did I love you too much to support you destructive habit” Robert replied. Enraged Lizy raised her hand to slap Robert but Randall grab it in time “Sister I don’t believe this the solution” said Randall as Annkia and Darlene looked on. “get your fucking hands off me” screamed Lizy Randall let’s go. “Violence is not the answer, the church will cover any past debt of its members if we all set down with the prophet I am certain this can get resolved” said Randall “So I will get my fucking money” ask Lizy " you will get exactly what you need” replied Randall. Darlene watched Lizy reluctantly followed Randall to the church

Darlene was feeling more freaked out than ever. “I don’t understand what’s going on. Who are you people?” she asked Annika. “Why don’t we discuss that over a nice cup of tea?” Annika suggested taking Darlene’s arm and leading her across the street to a coffee shop. They sat at a round table near the window. Nobody took their order but a waitress brought them two cups and a steaming pot along with a plate of iced oatmeal cookie Annika poured for both of them. “I’m sorry you had to witness that unpleasantness earlier. Now then, you asked about who we are.” Darlene sipped at her tea and sat back to listen.

“We are simply humble servant of God brought forth on this earth spread his message of love a message this world desperately. We may seem strange but we come from the same sinful world you did and we carry the scares to prove it. But once we embraced the prophet message and humbly submitted to Gods will the veil was lifted from our eyes and we set forth to live our lives by the highest and holiest standard and to do everything in our power to restore the one true church” “And what exactly does that involve?” Darlene asked, a wary note in her voice. The tea was a lot better than she’d expected. She picked up one of the cookies and nibbled at it.

“Well thing like what we did at the clinic, going out and bringing lost sheep back to the flock. Church to us is not a place we go to for couple hours on Sunday it is something we comment our entire lives to. You see the church Jesus brought to earth has been corrupted and like his brother Christ the prophet has been sent to restore it to its former glory” Even someone who paid as little attention to the news as Darlene did was aware of the different scandals with the different churches. Most of them involved sex or money on some level. And the term “prophet” made her nervous. Most of the religious leaders she knew of who called themselves “prophets” tended to be serious wackjobs like that Warren Jeffs guy.

“So this prophet, what’s he like? Or haven’t you met him?"“Well of course dear, he’s my husband” For some inexplicable reason, Darlene felt a pang of disappointment that the incredible, charismatic man she’d meet with was already married. Then she told herself to stop being so silly. Of course he’d be married. A guy like that could have his pick of women, and even if he was available, why in the world would he ever be interested in a messed up kid like her? “So, is he, is he nice?” “He is the kindest man God has put on this earth” Annkia said while she poured some more tea in Darlene cup “I remember when I first meet him, he was preaching on a street corner. I had seen many of his kind in my old line of work, they would preach a good sermon and then immediately turn around and use whatever money was donated to them to pay for my services”

Darlene almost choked as the significance of Annika’s words sunk in. She didn’t think this woman, lady was trying to jerk her around, but she couldn’t wrap her brain around the concept. And even if Annika did used to turn tricks for a living, she seemed more like the escort service type than someone walking the streets in a mini-dress and spike heel boots. At that moment a bus drove past and with horror Darlene looked at her watch. Shit! Where had the time gone? She jumped to her feet and was immediately hit with a wave of dizziness as the stresses of the day and the fact that she’d barely eaten a thing since last night plus the fact of being pregnant caught up with her. “I’m sorry, I have to—” Her words trailed off as her body shut down and the last thing she was aware of was a pair of arms stopping her drop to the floor.