The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Barbershop Induction

send comments to

visit http://www.geocities.com/deeperasleep

Nate stepped into the barbershop at 4:45 in the afternoon. He was pleased to see that the barber was just finishing up with his current customer and nobody else was waiting in the small, one chair shop.

The barbershop was clean and neat, although the floor was covered in hair of all types, blond, brown, curly and straight. “This guy must be a decent barber,” thought Nate, assuming the mess was a result of a busy afternoon. The barber greeted Nate with a welcoming smile and said, “Have a seat, buddy, I’ll be with you in a few minutes.”

“You sure you have time for another?” asked Nate. “No problem at all, but I will put out the Closed sign. You just made it!” Even though it was the end of the day, the barber seemed friendly and energetic. The last thing Nate needed was a bad haircut from a tired barber.

Aaron’s Cut and Shave looked like it had been there for 50 years. It had all the characteristics of an old fashioned barbershop. The floor was a checkerboard of black and white tiles. There was a spinning barber pole in the front window. There were a handful of chairs lining the wall opposite the large, familiar, leather barber chair in the center of the room. Behind the chair was a huge mirror and dark wood shelves housing the many creams, lotions, tonics, towels, scissors, and other tools of the trade used by the barber. The shop had the familiar scent of the talc used to dust off the necks of the freshly trimmed customers. That smell always made Nate feel like a real man. It’s the universal masculine scent of barbershops everywhere, the exact opposite of the chemical odors found in unisex salons.

The customer in the chair had a nice, short haircut. The barber had just rubbed warm shaving cream from the hot lather machine onto the back of his neck. His back was turned toward Nate, but Nate could see his face in the mirror on the opposite wall. He had his eyes closed and his chin was touching his chest. The barber used a straight razor and gently used downward strokes to clean off all the stubble from the customer’s neck, leaving it smooth and clean. He took a fresh towel from the shelf and wiped off all the excess shaving cream.

“Wake up, Pete,” said the barber as he gently rubbed the man’s shoulders. “You dozed off on me! I’m just about finished with you.” The customer sat up straight in the chair and looked at himself in the mirror, pleased with what he saw. “Another nice job. Thanks, Aaron. Sorry I zoned out on you.” “No problem,” laughed Aaron, “it happens all the time. Either I’m the most boring barber in the world, or I do a good job making my customers feel relaxed in the chair.”

He pulled the cape off the customer and carefully shook the loose hair onto the floor. The customer, a ruggedly handsome man in his early 40s started to get up but Aaron put one hand on his shoulder and quickly said “not so fast, Pete, I’m not done with you yet!” pushing him back into the chair. “It’s the finishing touches that keep you coming back,” said Aaron as he poured a liberal dose of powder from the familiar green container onto the wooden handled neck duster with the long white bristles. Aaron pulled the collar of Pete’s shirt out and briskly dusted the back of his neck with the fine white powder. Some of the powder trickled down Pete’s back and a huge white cloud filled the room drifting over to Nate in the waiting area. Aaron leaned in close to his customer’s ear. “When you smell that later on, it will remind you of that relaxed feeling you just experienced,” whispered Aaron. Pete nodded blankly and Aaron slapped him on the back. “Now you’re respectable again. Don’t wait so long between cuts next time.” Pete got up, took a quick stretch and reached for his wallet. “Thanks, Aaron. I promise I’ll be back sooner.” He paid and left the shop. Aaron lowered the blinds on the door to deter other customers from entering the shop, even though he had put out the Closed sign.

Aaron turned to Nate. “You’re up, buddy. Have a seat. I’m Aaron. Aaron Jr. actually. My dad ran this shop for 35 years and handed it over to me before retiring down south.” Nate took a seat in the oversized chestnut brown leather chair. The seat was soft and worn, still radiating warmth from the previous customer. Nate immediately felt relaxed and comfortable. “I’m Nate,” he said as he reached out to shake Aaron’s hand. Aaron had a nice firm handshake and Nate barely noticed that Aaron seemed to hold on an extra second as Nate started to pull away. “Relax,” Aaron said, looking directly into Nate’s eyes, “you’re in good hands.”

As Aaron continued prepping Nate with the neck tissue, the cape, and the seat adjustment, he learned that Nate was new to the area. He had recently taken a job managing a corporate fitness center, housed in the local headquarters of a major corporation. He was in his mid 30s and had just been promoted into management after being a personal trainer for the past 10 years. He was fit and trim, muscular, but not a body builder. Nate hadn’t developed much of a social circle yet, since he was still adjusting to his new job and location. He was spending lots of time trying to furnish his new house.

“What’ll it be for you today? Crew cut? Mullet? Mohawk?” asked Aaron as he placed his hands on Nate’s shoulders and gave him a quick, friendly neck rub.”

“I think we should stick to a basic trim – the corporate look – if you don’t mind,” said Nate, nervously.

“Whatever you want,” laughed Aaron, “you’re the customer. Just relax, and let me take care of you.”

Aaron got down to business. He continued the conversation, but his voice lowered a bit as he focused on cutting Nate’s hair. Aaron was a talkative guy. Subconsciously, Nate connected with him. He was about the same age, physically fit, positive, and seemed to have a lot in common with Nate. Nate had a lot of respect for people who took care of themselves and clearly Aaron was a success.

Nate just sat back and listened to Aaron tell him about when he first moved to the area to take over the shop. He ended up telling a long story about buying furniture. How important it is to be comfortable. He went on and on about the importance of finding a decent bed and how that has such a big impact on your life. He went on to say he spent a lot on a really good bed.

“Sleep,” he said, “is so important. You spend so much of your time sleeping, you want to be comfortable. After a long day of work, all I can think about is relaxing. I hit that pillow and this wave of relaxation takes over. Sleep feels so good, doesn’t it, Nate?”

“Yeah. I agree,” said Nate, unaware that he was getting more and more relaxed in Aaron’s chair.

“Sometimes I envy customers like you,” Aaron went on, “because I have to stand up all day while you get to relax in this warm, comfortable chair. You can even close your eyes if you want. You know you’re in good hands. It’s okay to relax.”

Aaron watched as Nate began to drift off. He loved this game. He was constantly looking for new ways to get his customers to sleep on command. Nate seemed very suggestible and was turning out to be a very responsive subject.

Aaron had started college many years ago, studying to be a psychologist, but didn’t have enough money to complete his education. He ended up taking over his father’s shop and found that he liked the casual atmosphere and the steady stream of men. Not only did he get to talk to guys all day long and hear about their lives, like a psychologist, but he also got the opportunity to be close to them, touch them, cut their hair, rub their necks, shave them, etc. satisfying his personal preference and desire for men. He was very satisfied with his ultimate career as a personal groomer and covert hypnotist.

Aaron used many techniques for covert hypnosis and most of his customers had no idea they were being conditioned. They never noticed anything unusual about the old clock with the pendulum and the loud, slow tick-tock noise. In fact, Aaron was always mentioning to his customers that he needed to get that fixed – drawing their attention to the repetitive sound.

They never noticed that he went out of his way to place his hand on their left shoulder and press gently whenever he used the word “relax,” or “sleep” in conversation, creating a powerful association of his touch with those words. With each haircut, Aaron reinforced the anchor until a simple touch to the shoulder of any of his regulars would practically put them to sleep.

He spent a lot of time researching subliminal techniques, however he wasn’t sure if there was really anything to it. Regardless of his research, he decided to implement a subliminal recording. It certainly couldn’t hurt. His customers were constantly subjected to contemporary background music laced with the following phrases:

A typical customer would be subjected to those phrases hundreds of times while getting a haircut. If subliminals really did work, Aaron often wondered what he was doing to himself!

The customers had no idea what was happening to them. All they knew was that they were getting a good haircut and occasionally, they would take a nap in the chair. Nate was no exception.

Aaron continued working on Nate’s haircut, constantly weaving in suggestions of relaxation wherever he could. Nate never fell asleep but Aaron could tell he was extremely relaxed and receptive to his suggestions. “How does this look?” asked Aaron, as he held a mirror behind Nate’s head. Did I get the length right?” “Perfect,” said Nate as he examined Aaron’s handiwork. Aaron gave him a nice smile and placed his hand on Nate’s shoulder. “Relax, buddy. I’ve still got more work to do on you.” Aaron reached over to the hot lather machine and dispensed a small amount of warm shaving cream into his hand. “Look down for a minute,” he instructed Nate.

“A lot of barbers don’t do this anymore, but I find it to be one of the most relaxing services I provide. Doesn’t it feel good to have warm shaving cream on the back of your neck, Nate? Everything about it feels so nice, so warm, so relaxing. Most of my customers close their eyes. It practically doubles the sensation. It feels so good and smells so nice… try it Nate.”

Nate found himself closing his eyes and giving in to the sound of Aaron’s voice. He couldn’t remember a more enjoyable haircut. This guy was amazing. He barely felt the razor as Aaron put the finishing touches on his haircut.

“You still with me, buddy?” asked Aaron as he rubbed down the back of Nate’s neck with a warm moist towel. Aaron pressed down on Nate’s shoulder. “You seem pretty relaxed!” Nate looked in the mirror at himself, then Aaron. Aaron was looking right into his eyes. “That felt so good. I must’ve dozed off for a second,” said Nate sheepishly. He couldn’t believe he fell asleep in the chair.

“Don’t worry about it! I take pride in being able to make you feel so comfortable in my shop. I hope you come sleep here all the time!” said Aaron half jokingly as he patted Nate on the shoulder, once again reinforcing the word “sleep” with his hand on Nate’s shoulder. Nate was responding nicely. Aaron removed the plastic cape and shook off the hair.

“If you’ve got a few minutes, Nate, I’ll give you my new customer treatment.”

“Oh yeah? What’s that?”

“Every new customer gets a complimentary hot shave. Have you ever had a real barber shave before?”

“I’ve seen it in the movies and on TV, but I didn’t think anyone actually does those any more. I’ve never had one.”

“Well today’s your lucky day. Sit back and relax, Nate. You’re really going to enjoy this.” Aaron tilted the chair back slightly and put a short cape over Nate to keep his shirt clean. This also gave Aaron a nice view of Nate’s body. “Put your head back and relax, buddy. This is going to be one of the most enjoyable things you’ve ever experienced.” Aaron took a hot towel from the steamer and carefully placed it over Nate’s face. Standing behind Nate, Aaron cradled his head against his stomach and placed his hands under Nate’s chin. Nate could feel the warmth spreading from his chin to his head. He found himself getting aroused and wondered for a moment if Aaron would notice the tent, but he was so relaxed, he didn’t even care.

Aaron was very aware of the growing bulge in Nate’s pants and although he wanted to take advantage, he knew it was still too soon. “How is that, Nate? Feeling good?” “Mmmmmm,” purred Nate, so comfortable he didn’t want to speak. Aaron peeled off the towel after a few minutes and applied a thick warm lather to Nate’s face. Nate was expecting to feel the razor next and he tensed up a bit, before realizing that Aaron was placing another hot towel over the shaving cream. “Just relax, buddy.” Nate’s body melted into the chair as Aaron gently covered his face with the hot towel. Aaron started to massage Nate’s shoulders while he let the warm shaving cream and the hot towel soften Nate’s beard. “Doesn’t this feel great, Nate? Just relax. You’re in good hands.” Aaron continued to massage his shoulders. Occasionally, he would reach around and extend his warm touch to Nate’s chest. He could see that Nate was enjoying it thoroughly.

After a few minutes, Aaron removed the towel from Nate’s face and wiped off the shaving cream. Nate opened his eyes to see what was next. He watched Aaron get another handful of warm lather and couldn’t wait for Aaron to spread it on his face again. “God, this feels amazing! I can’t believe this is my first time!” thought Nate. When he saw Aaron pickup the straight razor, he got a little nervous. He liked Aaron, but one false move with that razor and…” Aaron knew exactly what was happening in Nate’s mind. He could see Nate’s body tense up at the sight of the razor. It was all part of the plan.

“Don’t worry, Nate. I do this all the time and I’ve only killed a few guys!” he joked. “You won’t feel a thing as long as you follow my instructions.”

“What is he talking about?” wondered Nate.

“This is a sharp razor and it really helps if you keep perfectly still. There’s a real easy way to keep still if you simply focus on something and keep your eyes glued to it. Look at the front window, Nate. See the barber pole?”

“Yeah.”

“Just keep your eyes on it. That’s all you need to do. Just focus on the moving spiral. A lot of my customers do this. It’s actually pretty relaxing after you watch it for a few minutes. Relax, Nate. Keep your eyes on that spinning pole. It’s totally captivating to watch it spin. It’s so relaxing. It’s hard to take your eyes off it. ”

Aaron watched the slack look on Nate’s face as he began to shave Nate and continue his induction.

“That’s right. Just focus on the barber pole, spinning, relaxing, spinning, relaxing… Feeling so warm, so comfortable, so relaxed, Nate… watch the pole, focus on the pole, letting yourself relax more and more…. It’s so easy to focus on the pole, but it makes your eyes so tired, so heavy, so relaxed… just relax, buddy… keep your eyes on the pole… getting so tired, so comfortable, so sleepy… spinning, relaxing, spinning, relaxing… you’re in good hands, Nate, relax… relax, Nate… let yourself go, close your eyes, buddy… relax… good, feeling so relaxed, so tired, so sleepy… you want to sleep, Nate… your eyes are closed, but you can still see the barber pole… it’s so relaxing… your eyes follow the pattern from the top to the bottom,… going down, sleepier and sleepier… relaxed and sleepy…. Sleep now, Nate. Sleep. Deep, relaxing sleep. Sleep. Deeper and deeper to sleep, Nate. Sleep now.

Nate was completely loose, limp and relaxed. Aaron quickly finished the shave while constantly reinforcing Nate’s desire to return frequently and remember how good he felt in the barber chair. Aaron didn’t act on his own desires, knowing that Nate would respond even better after several sessions. He was completely attracted to Nate and knew this was the start of a long relationship. He planned to have Nate as a friend, not just a customer.

“As I remove the last hot towel from your face, Nate, you’ll slowly wake up feeling a little groggy, but relaxed and good. You will return to this barbershop in a few weeks for another trim. You have no reason to remember any particular details from today, but you will constantly think about how relaxing it is to get a good haircut and you’ll look forward to coming back here.”

Aaron removed the last towel and Nate slowly came back to awareness. “Wake up, Nate,” said the barber as he gently rubbed his shoulders. “You dozed off on me! I’m just about finished with you.” Nate sat up straight in the chair and looked at himself in the mirror, pleased with what he saw. “Nice job. This is some shave. I’ve never been this smooth in my life! Thanks, Aaron. Sorry I fell asleep on you.” “No problem,” laughed Aaron, “it happens all the time. Either I’m the most boring barber in the world, or I do a good job making my customers feel relaxed in my chair.” Nate wondered why that sounded so familiar.

He pulled the cape off Nate and threw it in a hamper. Nate started to get up but Aaron put one hand on his shoulder and quickly said “not so fast, Nate, I’m not done with you yet!” pushing him back into the chair. “It’s the finishing touches that keep you coming back,” said Aaron as he poured a liberal dose of powder from the familiar green container onto the wooden handled neck duster with the long white bristles. Aaron pulled the collar of Nate’s shirt out and briskly dusted the back of his neck with the fine white powder. Some of the powder trickled down Nate’s back and a huge white cloud filled the room. Aaron leaned in close to his Nate’s ear. “When you smell that later on, it will remind you of that relaxed feeling you just experienced,” whispered Aaron. Nate nodded blankly and Aaron slapped him on the back. “Now you’re respectable again. Don’t wait too long before your next haircut.”

Nate paid for the haircut and was about to leave when Aaron made a final suggestion. “I’m having some buddies over for drinks later. If you’re interested, you’re welcome to join us. It’d give you a chance to meet some new people. They’re about the same age as us and I think you’ll fit right in. How ‘bout it?”

“That sounds great,” said Nate, thrilled that he was finally going to make some new friends. Aaron gave him the address and told him to show up around 9pm.

At 9:15, Nate rang the doorbell of Aaron’s house. It was a well kept place in a middle class neighborhood. Aaron answered the door and smiled when he saw Nate with a six-pack in his hand.

“Glad you could make it, Nate! Come on in.” Nate followed Aaron into the kitchen and put the beer in the refrigerator. “Let me introduce you to my buddies in the den. It’s right through there.” Aaron pointed to the doorway at the other end of the kitchen. Nate went first and Aaron was right behind him with his hand on Nate’s shoulder.

Aaron’s buddies were spread out on a few couches arranged around a coffee table. In the center of the coffee table was a barber pole, spinning slowly…