The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

ASHES

Chapter Four

“Sometimes breaking the rules is extending the rules.”

—Mary Oliver

Edward spoke nervously.

Samuel, Edward’s uncle had arrived. So he introduced the women in the room. His uncle said hello, smiled warmly. He’d come in a normal pair of suit slacks and for some reason, a pink shirt. He shook hands, looked inquiringly at Lexi and Edward, it seemed he clearly was thinking a relationship formed between them having nothing to do with the family talents.

Edward explained the evening’s events.

“So let me summarize what I’ve heard, do you mind?”

“No, go ahead.”

“Lexi here, nice young woman by the way, she seems sweet on you? saw you do something to avoid being stabbed, perfectly acceptable use by the way of your abilities. She came to you to ask for help with a psychosis, which you did commendably well. Yes, she was right about consent. I think so and I am sure the council will also.

“Then she tricked you into asking her out,” he held up his hand, “no, no, she’s a very smart woman. Give her credit. Smart women, you’ll find, are well worth your time.”

Lexi was blushing but he went on.

“The date today, led to visiting the bar...”

“We went out for dinner...”

“Irrelevant. You got there. Interrupted a couple of mashers, end up seated and cozying up with the beautiful young women you rescued...”

“You make it sound like I was predatory...”

“I enjoy you seeming to feel out of place being around a handful of lovelies, all without really being sure you can keep from using your talent. I should have mentioned. You obviously can control yourself better than you’d thought.

“A man who didn’t regulate his use of the talent showed up with two women. Women who proved later to be in process towards being sex slaves, though you say you released them completely before you left. That may or may not last by the way. Then you had a bit of the mental dust-up. He was unconscious and you rooted out then destroyed his ability, leaving him for the EMTs.

“The key part of this is what he told you before you got into a dizzy clutch. That there’s a club full of like minded mental slavers. Oh, and the other problem you think exists but doesn’t. That being these lovelies who have turned to you for help know about you being a Psi.”

“Yeah, that summarizes it. I guess,” Edward responded. “How do I protect my friends. I can’t be with them at all times to guard them. Those guys in the club know Elain? sorry, Ellie,” he nodded towards Prudence and Elaine who both grinned at him. “If I don’t protect them...”

His uncle held up his hand. “Stop.”

“Er, Okay.”

“The? what was it, Fire Eaters?“

“Yes, that’s the name of the club,” Elaine responded. His uncle smiled at her perhaps a bit longer than he should have. Not that he was being creepy, but he was not exactly looking away either.

“Your aunt is going to cruelly tease me later for being a lecherous old bastard. She’ll crucify me,” he turned back to Edward. “The Fire Eaters are an abomination. Their little club’s members must be found and shut down. Each and every one of them. No one expects that of you.“

Edward shrugged, “I don’t know I could if I wanted to. I figure I got lucky so far.”

“I understand. You’re stronger than you think. Still, I’m going to ask the council to assign someone or maybe a couple someones, I don’t know, to investigate the group. They’re endangering everyone in the families.”

He turned to Elaine and Prudence, “In all seriousness. I am deeply sorry about what you’ve been through. Being dead already only saves Dean from being righteously punished.”

“It occurs to me,” interrupted Edward, “if he was murdered, as the police suggested to Elaine, then there’s a killer out there on the loose too.”

This chilled the room a moment. It hadn’t been something they’d discussed before. Samuel looked over at his nephew. Samuel ran his fingers through his hair, what there was past his receding hair line.

“I’ll check into it myself, okay? If there is any reason to believe someone is after Elaine from the police? or the killer, we’ll regroup and decide what to do then.”

“Okay,” said Edward.

“Now that we’ve resolved that...”

“What about, us, I mean, us knowing about you guys and your ability?” asked Prudence nervously.

“That’s up to Edward to resolve,” responded Samuel.

This generated a bit of a rise from the women.

“Look. I don’t care and think it’s fine to let you keep the memories.”

“But it seems everyone involved tries hard to hide the fact this? talent? even exists,” said Elaine.

“The person you would reveal is Edward. He has a sound education in the history of what happens when ? unsympathetic ears hear about someone with ability. If his father hadn’t died in an accident in Belleville, he and Edward’s mother would work it through with him,” he paused a moment and went on, “He’s an adult now. Some decisions he will find are up to him. Maybe he’ll decide to go into hiding. It’s a common solution other Psionics have chosen before.”

“He can’t leave,” said Lexi with shock. She almost got to her feet but in fear of being too obvious dropped back to the cushions.

“I suspect Edward knows, Lexi. If he was blind, he’d figure it out without reading your mind.”

It was Edward’s turn to stare. He slowly shook his head.

“It was wise to call me. The club, I will see if we can’t do something about that,” his uncle slapped his own knee and stood up. “Tonight I suggest some sleep.”

“But,” Edward said, “I mean, but what do we do?”

“You? You figure out what you want to do. It isn’t simple having a bunch of people who know your secret. Me? I’m going to start a process to try to rid us of the Fire Eaters Club. The young women? That’s up to you. It’s part of the reason they’re scared. Their fate. It is completely interwoven with your own.“

“Did I cause Lexi to be fixated on me?” he blurted out. Guilt that she might be interested because of what he did was pretty strong to him.

“Hell. Edward. If you did, worrying about it wouldn’t help anyway. I really doubt it though. I think she’s just naturally fixed on your smarts, your good looks, your basic nature, other little things you’d figure out if you had ever bothered to get out and date.”

Edward bit his tongue. Of all the things to be concerned about, his lack of experience around women probably should be among those of the lowest priority, but it remained one of the predominant things on his mind.

“Now. Will someone see me out? I’m sure Polly will want to hear all about this and I’m sure to be in the doghouse,” he smiled at Prudence, “try to take things as they come dear. We will exert ourselves seriously to fix this. Maybe mostly for ourselves, but for you too.”

Edward closed the door behind his uncle as the man left. He leaned his head against the door and stood there a moment. The women were relying on him so he had to figure it all out. At least, that’s how he perceived his role. If they had the ability, they wouldn’t be helpless without him.

Naturally, Elaine was the first one to speak when he sat down again. He kind of expected it since she’d expressed her case a couple times on the way here, and while waiting for his uncle.

“Edward. I’m more than willing to consent to you tweaking things if you can fix my compulsion to always dress up scale slutty. I’d like to have a regular job again some day,” she stopped, gave him a meaningful look. “I’ll do anything, anything at all to thank you. Literally anything. Since I already know what anything can include, I think you should have a clue how serious I am. To be more normal again...”

“Ellie, of course. I don’t know yet what was done to you. But unlike the women at the pub, you were controlled for three years, give or take. Those women were simple to send on their way. Pretty much because the creep had picked them up today. I could turn them loose with a hunk of their day gone without harming them. You though. It’s not like I can just erase three years out of your head.”

“Oh Ellie, I thought you were going to be stuck this way the rest of your life?,” Prudence threw in.

“Please? It isn’t as if I do this regularly. Or at all other than Lexi. Can I please have some time?” he turned back to Elaine, “and don’t be ridiculous. You shouldn’t debase yourself. Yes. I’ll do my best.”

“Of course Edward,” interrupted Prudence. “I’d give anything...”

“Stop the payment shit,” he responded with a furrowed brow. “I’ve only known you a few hours but I think by now I’ve shown I’m a friend. I’m not interested in being like? that.”

Prudence looked down and nodded. Elaine smiled beatifically at him. Lexi tugged at his arm.

“Elaine is super hot. I kind of envy Ellie, kind of.”

His brow knitted again and looked at Lexi a minute. “Why would you envy her? She had no choice, none at all. While it might excite some guy, it can’t be good for her at all. She never got a chance to say no. When he said your fate and mine were intermixed, he meant your free will is in my hands. Imagine for one second if I was like Dean.”

Lexi frowned and looked down.

“I’m sorry,” she sat back but stayed near him. She seemed a little bit like her bubble had been burst.

“Oh Lexi,” said Elaine, “You think it glamorous to always be in seductress mode like this? Trust me sweet thing, you don’t want three years of being trapped.”

Prudence looked expectantly at Edward. “You’re in charge, mister. What do we do now?”

“Now? I need sleep. I do not want to make mistakes in Ellie’s mind. I don’t have a lot of friends and each one is important to me. Lexi is the first I could ever trust was a real friend.”

Lexi perked up a lot from what she had just heard, counting herself at the forefront of his friends. He was certainly the most important of her’s now.

“Oh. You’re right. Tomorrow maybe. When you’re okay and up for it,” Prudence said.

“Thank you Prudence,” he smiled, “I am going to try. I wish I sounded more reassuring.”

Elaine stopped by his chair and held his gaze a moment then gave him a tender peck on the cheek. She stroked his cheek carefully with her soft hand. “Thank you.”

* * *

The call came in the early hours of Sunday morning. The man had been up already though, showered, and on his way to breakfast. It seemed once more they were short handed. Again. They always called him when they were seriously light on resources. For some reason, they viewed him as the Fixer Extraordinaire.

In reality, it was his view he just had been around long enough to know a lot of tricks. Officially he was not a member of their group. He easily could be, but he felt a need to be outside rules they might have. His own rules, the ones he lived by, treated them as no more important than anyone else. Something they would never approve of because he could be very inconsistent.

The trip to Brazil had made them pretty upset with him. Maybe because it cost them a great deal of money, maybe because they’d lost half a dozen of their own, maybe because it wasn’t an action they rubber stamped approved before he acted.

He did their dirty work, but they still got judgmental. He looked at the name and address he received in texts were for a young man named Edward Gellar. There wasn’t a great deal of detail in their cryptic message. All they told him was his services were needed.

He packed and called the man who managed his home when he was gone.

“Hi Marcos,” he said as the phone picked up.

“Hello sir, is there something you need?”

“I may be gone for a few months. Maybe only a week or two. I don’t know. I need you to take care of the place for me. And dammit Marcos, how many times have I told you that you don’t need to call me sir.”

“Yes si... I mean Mister Robert.” He rolled his eyes. That would have to do.

“I will call and let you know when I’m on the way back. Don’t worry too much in the meantime.”

“Of course not. Maria will be disappointed you will miss dinner again.”

“Give her my best. The kids too.”

“They would want to be remembered to you too.”

After he’d hung up, he looked at the clock. The next flight off the island was in two hours. If he hurried, he could be ready in time. Then another hop from the official international airport in Greece itself.

He started packing. He was never very good at guessing what the weather would do, so he had to pile a bunch of things into his bag he might or might not need. Soon he piled into a shuttle bus out of the resort.

Looking down at the ground dropping away while the pressure pushed him back in his seat a sparse two hours later, he wondered if he’d ever really retire or if he was just fooling himself.

* * *

Edward brought the three of them to his place. They’d brought some things Lexi would need, stopped off and collected some supplies at Prudence’s apartment, then drove over to his home.

His place to the amazement of the women was a converted old factory building, loft areas on each floor. His was divided by standard height walls into sections with open space above. Said walls somehow were not at right angles to each other so they created a warren of passages and rooms where various things were stored. Near the over sized elevator lift was the kitchen, a large social gathering room which he had never had gatherings in, a few hobby rooms where the concrete floor was useful, and as to be expected, a few comfortable spaces.

He guided the women to a number of large futons he had in his living space, the gathering room.

“Have a seat, I’ll get you all blankets. The bathroom is over there,” he pointed to the oddly angled wall off to his left. “Just follow it to the corner and you’ll find there’s an opening to the bath, and so on.”

He disappeared around another corner, the women started to take their turns in the bathroom. By the time he’d returned, Elaine had her shower and had her hair bound up in a towel. She’d put on a tight tee shirt and a very short skirt, sitting on the edge of one of the futons. He could make out her breasts and when she bent so the skirt lifted, her bare private bits clearly.

“If you stay in here when I go to sleep, you will get an eyeful Edward,” she winked at him.

“And what an eyeful it is too,” said Prudence quietly.

“Oh?”

“Sleeping nude is one of those compulsions I want to lose,” Elaine answered.

“OH!” Edward felt his face heat up. “Maybe I should stay for that.”

He’d brought a bunch of squarish packages that contained comforters. As duvets they might have been fine on a bed but he’d gotten them originally in a fit of optimism he was going to alternate all of them on his own bed. That was before he found out how annoying it was to wash a single set of blankets, much less more.

“Here, I’ll take that,” said Prudence, grabbing one of the plastic wrapped bundles. She quickly opened it and tossed the soft bed cover to Elaine. “You can strip under the blanket and avoid embarrassing poor Edward.”

Edward frowned, inwardly thinking how much he’d have liked to watch her strip. Those legs and what he could see through the tee shirt turned his temperature up. Lexi returned from her shower about then.

“Your turn Pru,” she said, then looked at Edward as he hadn’t looked right at her the minute she returned. She saw he was watching Elaine and laughed.

“Oh Ellie, maybe you should sleep with Edward tonight?” Lexi said. More because she hoped it would embarrass Edward than anything else. She was rewarded with a look from him that indicated he thought maybe she’d lost her mind.

“Oh no,” said Prudence giggling in amusement at Edward’s reaction, “Then I’d have to sleep with you Lexi. I need my snuggles!”

Elaine batted her eyelashes. “Maybe Pru, you’d rather sleep with Edward and I could sleep with Lexi.”

“AIIeeeee!,” shouted Edward. “I get it, I get it. Leering is not acceptable.”

“Naw,” Elaine said, “I kind of like you leering. You’re kinda cute. Your uncle though, that was weird.”

Under his breath Edward muttered, “there’s that word ‘cute’ again.”

Lexi giggled. Prudence disappeared off to the shower. Edward doled out the blankets and headed through the door to his bedroom. Lexi looked up at the height of the loft above the tops of the walls. It was amusing to her Edward lived this way.

* * *

He slept until noon. Edward woke with a start. Looking at the clock he thought, ah, well, half the day in bed. It then came back to him he had house guests.

He slipped into the hall to the bathroom. Shortly after his morning shower he stepped out into the common room where the women had tidied up the space, folding the blankets and resting their various baggage beside the places they’d slept.

They’d apparently settled into the kitchen. He could smell the coffee. There was a hint of toast tickling his nose as well.

“Good Morning,” he said.

“Hi there,” replied Prudence.

“How do you sleep without a ceiling to your room,” asked Lexi.

“He lives here, you little git. He’s used to it,” Elaine said.

“Oh, but I mean, I had trouble getting to sleep because I kept thinking, anyone could creep over those walls.”

“No, they can’t Lexi. The ceiling is still there,” he pointed up without looking. He was setting up his own mug of coffee as he spoke. “I might add another floor above the main section if I want some day. Though I really don’t have to. I own the building and the loft above us is not occupied so I could just use it too.”

“That’s too cool. So you could have a tennis court up there, since this space is so big.”

“I did contemplate putting in a laps pool at one point.”

“Wait,” said Prudence, “don’t you work at a bookstore? How do you pay for this shit?”

“Oh. That. Um. Well. I work at the book store to stay busy. My parents left me enough I don’t need to work. The bookstore thing is also a favor to someone else in my family. I keep it open and active. Otherwise they’d have to shutter it and it would just look awful an unused shop in that part of town.”

“So your family is more than just guys with ESP.”

“Yes. The family as a whole runs a bunch of things you may even be aware of. Without putting the family out there publicly. There’s a sense of needing to keep a low profile. Obviously.”

“So, what’s the plan?” Elaine asked, “If you can start helping me back to a livable life I’d, well, we’ve been through what I’m willing to do.”

Edward shrugged. “I have a ‘theater room’ which is really an over sized flat screen TV in a room with nice comfortable seating. I can put on a flick and while you’re watching try to pick at those little things making you crazy. I don’t need you to do anything special really.”

“Movies? Do you have any womanly appropriate chick flicks?” Prudence seemed to have something in mind.

“I might. I might not. I pick them up in batches without looking at titles.”

“Oh, oh!,” said Lexi, “I want to put on Dirty Dancing!”

A groan from Edward ensued. “I might have expected it I suppose.”

“So all you need is for us to be around here?”

“And if you don’t mind much, explicit consent. I won’t need to probe Lexi, she never knew Ellie. The Ellie from before I mean. But you Prudence, I’d like, if you will permit it, to be able to compare what you remember about her with what is in there as I work on her.”

“Me? What makes you think??”

“You were her roommate at school, no? You had a lot of private time together. I don’t mean intimate stuff, I mean experiences I can compare if I have to. It isn’t necessary but...”

“Okay. I consent to you poking around in my head. But I better not hear any rumors of you misusing that info Bub!”

Laughter came from both Lexi and Elaine.

“Elaine?”

“I more than consent. I’m begging you, please come in and fix things you can.” Elaine gave him an angelic smile to go with the consent.

“Okay, it’s on. I’m not likely to talk much while in progress. And yes, I can do that and other stuff too. Just not complicated stuff. If I seem to be lost in thought, it’s probably Elaine’s thoughts.”

Lexi approached him. “You can go through my mind any time you want.” She had a conspiratorial look on her face as if the entire thing was a grand adventure. Edward frowned at first, then smiled.

He tucked his hand under her chin and tilted her face up towards him. “Last time you did this. It’s my turn.”

Leaning in he brushed his lips against her’s. Within moments they were sharing a firm mouth opening kiss with tongues touching and her eyes drooping closed. She let out a soft moan. Her body rose to meet him on her toes.

Breaking off the kiss he smiled. “We’ll look into that at some point, shall we?”

Lexi stood there almost tilted well up on her toes as if expecting more. She looked quite pleased with herself for some reason. Elaine and Prudence just started to the other room to look through the movies he had on hand for something to watch.

Everyone settled into some activity or another. Lexi decided she wanted to check her accounts more than watch the flick the other two chose. So Edward set her up on a computer in another room. He sat down with a book in the room with Prudence and Elaine.

As everyone finally settled in calmly, he began to ease his way into Elaine’s mind. As he came into contact with it, he found there were a number of different traits which turned out to be constructs, not there by what he thought of as normal development. Immediately the indication was he’d encountered little things to tell other talented mind readers to leave her alone. They practically screamed that someone with the talent had claimed her.

He studied them for a bit. After looking the first couple over he discovered they had concealed connections to something deeper inside. Bypassing them might be fine but he really didn’t want a dead man to be left in her head this way. He tried to trace the connections and end up lost in a maze of pathways in her mind leading through her experiences.

Surprisingly, he found her first experience in meeting Dean. He saw Dean through her eyes. The man was small, perhaps about five four, but he couldn’t be sure because perspective was skewed through the viewpoint of Elaine. From her perspective Dean was only just present, a blurry and unimportant individual in a business meeting. He knew it was Dean because the identity of attached to the memory connected through to number of other threads in her head.

Try as he may, the mess seemed like a Gordian knot. Each thread wound in deeper to other threads in confusing, convoluted ways. He tried to draw himself along one of the threads and suddenly found himself yanked back from her mind to the world around him.

“God YES!,” squealed Elaine, her whole body suddenly writhing and twisting with orgasmic pleasure. She screamed out a sexual release at the top of her lungs, then panted wildly until she cried out once more. Her arms were flailing around. She was flopping around with Prudence wrapping her arms around her firmly. Prudence shot him a concerned glance.

Edward’s face was a mask of concern. He quickly tried to hold two focus points at the same time, the real world and the space in her mind he’d touched in trying to trace it. Elaine started to calm with wild panting and heaving as she clearly had the unplanned orgasm with the force and fury of a wild animal.

He walked over towards her and she saw his face. Her chest was still heaving from the exertion of her release. Prudence held her tight but Elaine raised a hand to touch Edward. He took her hand and she squeezed it. Her eyes closed and she started to make sounds of whimpering after pleasure.

“Wow,” she whispered with her eyes closed.

“Did you do that on purpose,” came the accusation from Prudence.

“NO!,” he responded sharply. “It was not intentional.”

He gazed gently at Elaine though, thinking how unbelievably beautiful she looked after being rocked hard like that. Her face was flushed, her lips puffy as her tongue licked out just a touch, her eyes filled with pleasure. He became a little lost in her eyes for a bit, feeling her afterglow seep through her gaze into his.

“Though I sure wouldn’t mind doing it on purpose with her consent,” he whispered more calmly. Then louder to be sure he was heard. “That happened because stuff in her head is so interwoven the connections to her behavior and responses are difficult to separate.”

“God,” whispered Elaine, “I love having an orgasm because of someone I actually like. Rather than someone I loathe and hate. Don’t be mad at him Pru. It was wonderful.”

“I just want him to be careful with you Ellie. You are my bestest and pretty much only sister.”

“mmmmmm,” came from Elaine. “you are my bestest and only sister too.”

“I wish I could?,” came a whispered response. Prudence just held Elaine close. “Love you sis.”

“Love you too.” Elaine brushed herself a little and started to sit up, looking at Edward. “Don’t be upset with yourself Eddie.”

“argh, not Eddie, not Eddie!” He shook his head. He buried his face in his hands.

“Sorry Edward. I forgot. Just remember, I did consent. I didn’t expect that to be the result of consenting and inviting you in, but it was a nice side effect.”

“Yeah. It may or may not happen again. It’s a messy tangle in there and I’m pretty sure it was done on purpose. I’m sorry. I didn’t expect that at all. I should have.”

“It’s okay. It’s a good thing you weren’t working on fixing it in public like for those other two women.”

“As I told you, they were easy to clean the influence from. You. I’m not sure what I can and can’t take apart. There’s things in there like booby traps. They won’t trap me, they could destroy your mind though. If the jerk at the bar had gotten inside, you’d probably have no mind at all. I am being extremely careful.”

“They won’t just self destruct and return me to normal?”

“You don’t want me to take the chance they’ll self destruct and turn you into a simpering idiot. I don’t either. I really rather like you,” said Edward.

“No. You are right,” she turned to Prudence, “you wish you could what?”

“Um.”

“Oh come on. You just witnessed me have a mind blowing orgasm. What could be so bad?”

Prudence whispered in her ear. Elaine’s eyes popped a little bit and she looked at Edward.

Edward didn’t hear but, and to make it clear he wasn’t trying to eavesdrop, he stretched a bit. He looked at the time. “I see we’ve been hanging around a little while. Maybe a break and some ice cream?”

“That sounds like a plan, after sex ice cream!”

Edward let out a sigh and rolled his eyes.

“Count me in,” added Prudence.

“Let me get Lexi. I wonder if she fell asleep in there.”

He walked to the space set aside for computer stuff but Lexi wasn’t there. Puzzled he did a little wandering to find her. Checking in the bathroom, she wasn’t there. Neither of the other two women had seen her, and would have if she’d headed to the kitchen.

On a hunch he checked his own rather slovenly kept bedroom with the clothing tossed about and his blankets all askew. There she was, her eyes closed and breathing shallowly on his bed. Her head was on his pillow. He knew he hadn’t imprinted her to him so she had to have come here on her own.

“Oh, Lexi,” he said softly by her ear. “We’re going for ice cream. Wanna come?”

Her eyes popped open. “I was just resting!”

This prompted a laugh from him. “Come on. Your new friends are waiting us in the other room.”

They piled into his car, an old Buick LeSabre. At least it was from this century. The drab olive like color was covered in dust and dirt. It was fine inside though. The car had to have about a hundred fifty thousand miles on it, yet it ran just fine. One of the side effects of being able to afford maintenance.

After a short ride out of the immediate neighborhood, they found an out of the way Baskin-Robbins ice cream place and chose to eat their chilly delights there. Chatting among themselves amiably for a time, they started back, letting the sunlight soak through them before going back upstairs.

“Next time you do that to Elaine, I want to be there to see it!,” Lexi said when she heard about the unintentional earlier experience.

Edward frowned a little. “For someone who didn’t get out of her own home much, you sure are excited and interested in other people’s sex lives. Or is it just a wild interest in sex yourself.”

“It isn’t like anyone planned it Lexi,” smiled Elaine somewhat sympathetically. “Haven’t you had an orgasm yourself before?”

“uh,” she turned red. “I do try to take care of myself. I’m only human.”

“Maybe Prudence and I could watch,” grinned Elaine at the chagrined Lexi, “we could critique and offer helpful tips?”

“Oh, that does sound like fun,” added Prudence. She eyed Lexi as if she had a little bit predatory hunger to her. Lexi just grinned and seemed to be nodding, at least it seemed so to Edward.

“We’re all going to get back to relaxing, except me,” said Edward. “And me, I’m going back into that maze Ellie calls a brain.”

“Hey!”

“Easy Ellie, easy. I didn’t mean anything bad by it,” Edward smiled at her.

“If you do any slip-ups like the last one, I will be thoroughly understanding.”

“Huh?”

“She thought she’d never be able to enjoy sex again. Or rather, orgasm that is,” Pru threw in.

Lexi kind of pouted a little.

“Don’t worry,” said Elaine, “I’m sure he’ll take care of you too Lexi.”

The other short woman looked at Elaine, grinned and winked, “Will you hold my hand?”

Edward missed the last bit. He was thinking about what happened earlier and not the jesting about the sudden release Elaine received because he’d been exploring. He wanted to feel he’d made some progress in freeing her. While she might feel having an orgasm without her prior owner was a step in the right direction, there had to be something that would last more than a fraction of an hour as a relief from her situation.

He looked straight at Elaine a moment. She met his gaze a moment and then looked down to the right, her face turning a hue of pink. He’d not seen her do so before. He didn’t turn his eyes away though, and when she looked up again, she quickly looked down clasping her hands in front of herself very demurely.

It looked very natural to see her do so and he realized she was displaying submission. He had not seen her do so with anyone before. She had a tough nature he’d seen, only undercut by the forced slavery she’d been through.

Edward got up and walked to her where she was sitting next to Prudence. With tenderness, he cupped her cheek in his hand and lifted her chin a bit. She continued to look down as he studied her smooth face, straight nose, and gentle brow. Then he touched the silver chain around her throat and she stiffened up sharply.

“That.”

“What?” she asked. There was a tremor in her voice as though she’d done something wrong.

“I’m going to focus on fixing that so you can take it off. I suspect it attracts the wrong kind of attention.”

“Oh, Sir, that would be wonderful,” she said.

“What did you just say?” asked a startled Prudence.

“I said it would be wonderful if he could get this off my neck,” she touched the tight silver links.

“No. I meant. You said ‘sir’,” Prudence continued, “why did you say ‘sir’ to Edward?”

Elaine’s mouth opened and then she sat there thinking.

“I think it a very good question Ellie. I haven’t asked you to refer to me as ‘sir’.”

Elaine looked down nervously a moment.

“Maybe it was just reflexive, since he is? I don’t know why I said it,” she ended in a soft tone.

“It’s okay, Ellie,” he said. “Let me find a pair of heavy duty wire cutters so we can get the padlock off it though. It isn’t really thick where the shank is.”

“But. It will hurt me if I take it off.”

“I’m only going to start with the padlock. Relax. It won’t come off you because the padlock is gone.”

Elaine twitched. Finally, as reluctant as it might seem, she nodded. “Let’s try doing it and you can please try to fix the part of me making it hurt to take off?”

“Yes.” He wandered off in search of his toolbox. When he came back Prudence and Elaine had their heads down together chatting very quietly. He didn’t know what the discussion was but he went over to Elaine and motioned for her to straighten a bit. He did not want to hurt her cutting off the little padlock.

Her hands both immediately reached up and gripped his wrists. He noticed how delicate her fingers looked wrapped about his arm there. The nails she had were short, maybe a little past the end of the finger, painted with an almost skin tone pink color. He looked to her eyes. She didn’t waver this time.

The look she gave him was pleading. She didn’t say anything.

“What’s the problem?” asked Prudence when she saw they were watching each other’s eyes. “Is something wrong?”

Elaine finally lowered her hands. He smiled at her.

“That’s a good girl, Ellie. We’ll get this done and you doing better.”

She fought the urge to lower her face so she didn’t have to watch. It didn’t register on him but being told she was being good felt nice to her. Her hands fidgeted in her lap and she tried to look away so as not to see.

“This shouldn’t be so hard. Just relax. I’m not taking the chain off. Not yet.” He hooked the end of the wire cutters through the small shank and bore down on the grip hard. It wasn’t as easy as he thought it would be but finally the shackle yielded to the cutter and the little lock turned loose. He lifted it out of the hasp and handed it to Elaine.

“There. Step one. Prudence?” he turned to her, “can you stand nearby? I’m going to try to free her from the mental reaction to removing the chain and when I think it’s done, you can take it off her when I signal?”

“With pleasure. I’d love to see the symbol of that evil man gone. More than you know.”

He sat down again where she could watch him clearly and started to sink his thoughts into Elaine’s mind again. Previously he had not been directing himself entirely with a purpose to find and remove any single given control. He’d been looking for the center of all her little compulsions to remove them all, without success it seemed.

This time he was specifically looking for whatever it was causing her the pain when the chain was to be removed. He found she was more tense this time, more of a clenching reaction from his mental touch. She couldn’t feel him in there but she was anticipating his contact.

He tried to trace the anticipation. In short order he decided that was not a true path to the cause of the compulsion. After agonizing over various constructs and patterns he found one finally seemingly associated with her throat and the chain. He felt as if he was separating tiny fibers as he pried apart bits of the twisting pattern, finally finding something decidedly he could image to himself was the chain.

With a bit of a push, or was it a pull, he was unsure? the little pattern started to dissolve. His greatest concern was this might trigger something else because of how so many of the patterns and constructs implanted in her mind intertwined. With some of sense victory in his gentle withdrawal he nodded to Prudence. He’d managed to pull out slowly but he was out when Elaine realized the chain was coming off.

Then came a little more anticipation. Both Prudence and he were anxious. They watched Elaine as she felt the chain come off.

The sound of immediate joy came though from Lexi, who felt there was a moment of triumph for all of them as the chain dropped into Prudence’s hand, completely off Elaine’s throat.

“Oh my god,” Elaine whispered. “I thought it was there to stay.”

There were a couple tears making their way down Elaine’s cheeks. Prudence smothered her in a hug. In the process burying Elaine’s face against her chest, but some suffering must be done, after all. Lexi was hopping up and down for joy.

“Oh thank you so much,” said Elaine to Edward. She would have gotten up to embrace him but Prudence was holding her tightly with her own joy. She smiled at him. Lexi though came to him and sat in his lap.

“You’re a hero. I told you so.” She laid a kiss on him totally unexpectedly. It turned into one of those intense open mouth and explore the tonsils kisses.

“Apparently, we are dating,” he said when she let up again. She giggled.

“It’s just wonderful what you’ve done.”

“So. Far,” he retorted. “What I’ve done was pretty exhausting too.”

“You give great lap by the way.”

“Oh?” he smiled and looked down over her form. “Maybe I should check the bumps on this lap ornament out.”

“EEEP!,” she didn’t jump up but Lexi did squirm, to the amusement of Elaine and Prudence.

“Virgins,” muttered Prudence in a low voice.

“Yeah,” whispered Elaine, “we should correct that problem.”

“Give me a break,” Edward looked around. Lexi gave no indication she would yield his lap though so he just wrapped her in his arms and closed his eyes. She nestled in as close as she could get, having decided she was where she wanted to be just now. “I don’t know when the next miracle will be performed. I will be trying to look into some of Ellie’s memories.”

“You’re welcome to peruse mine,” Lexi whispered to him. He opened his eyes sharply and gave her a look.

“You keep inviting me into your head Lexi. You know I’m not sure that’s such a good idea.”

She just beamed at him.

Edward slipped the tendrils of exploration back into Elaine’s mind. Though it would remove Elaine’s terrific role as eye candy, he started to look at the clothing restrictions she had.

He revised his view of removing her role as eye candy. It did not matter since looking through her eyes he could see her considering clothing to wear. In the mirror. There were images of her nude, images of her in a thong and nothing else, images of her with a far too tiny bikini.

Despite himself, Edward found a side effect of this mental peeping tom stuff was he was stiffening under Lexi’s weight on his lap. Unaware Lexi noticed it too, he continued in the lurid mental landscape. She was noticing though and was aware his eyes were not focused on her, but on whatever he was doing. Lexi started to rub her bottom against the rising lump. This did nothing to reduce the lump and seemed to cause his cock to press harder against his jeans.

Though he was enjoying the unexpected physical ministrations from Lexi, he still focused his attention on the various paths from Elaine’s memories of trying to chose clothing to please Dean. It took a bit but he managed to trace most of them to a shadowy construct somewhat resembling the one he had banished about the necklace.

He slowly, reluctantly even one might say, withdrew from his voyeuristic enjoyment of all the images Elaine had of herself in the mirror. The temptation of simply hanging in place to enjoy seeing most of the possible mirrored angles of her hourglass shape was strong. Still, he started to pick at the little construct they all had associated with them connecting them to her one time owner.

Again his little push me and pull me action against this little construct started to feel more shadowy and less substantive to him. It wasn’t dissolving the way the other one had. He started to feel along the edges of it finding some of it traced to Dean, some of it led somewhere else. With some effort he was able to get the thread tracing to other thoughts of Dean to melt away, leaving a number of other pathways.

He made a note in his own mind where this little construct was. Then he pursued those other threads. The exploration led him through parts of her mind from her at various ages. As he crept gently as he could, he realized this was her, her own self image, not Dean’s expectations of her. Drawing back he considered. He couldn’t possibly eliminate the place where she modeled clothing at the mirror without wiping a lot of what made Elaine, Elaine. It just belonged there because it was her.

Pulling himself out completely he realized the young woman on his lap was being more than a little affectionate. She had her face buried against his neck, kissing and nipping him there lightly. He shook his head and pulled Lexi back a little bit.

“That’s all wonderful, Lexi,” he gazed in her hazy and bedroom like eyes as he whispered, “but I am still trying to help Ellie.”

“Okay.”

“Ellie,” he turned and looked at her. Apparently the women had put another movie on while he was being quiet. And while Lexi tried to molest him. “relax wench,” he said to Lexi again, “Ellie?”

“Yes?” Elaine responded, Prudence pressed the pause button on what they were watching. He looked at the screen briefly. He snorted in amusement. It was to be expected they’d pick out a movie like Kate & Leopold. The view of Hugh Jackman in the period piece costume was likely to be something they’d like.

“You can get undressed now,” his mouth spoke the incorrect words.

“Okay,” she stood up and started to peel away her blouse exposing the firm mounds of her breasts with the so wonderfully attractive small brown nipples which had clearly stiffened.

“No no. I mean,” she paused as he spoke. “I mean you can try on something more frumpy to see if you feel okay wearing things which aren’t so damn hot t...”

Oops. The women all giggled at him. He didn’t turn red this time but he was embarrassed.

“Well I do like you obeying me. I can’t lie about that. The point of this exercise is to help you regain some of your free will. Maybe Lexi has something from her less than killer hot outfits you could try on, including perhaps a bra and panties to see how it to see if it causes you the discomfort you’ve been going through.“

Instead of stopping, Elaine smiled at him and finished peeling away the blouse, then dropped the skirt to the floor. He watched intensely the woman before him. She did her usual strut, the heels still being on her feet.

“You can lose the pumps too, if you want.”

Edward’s jaw seemed to drop on its own a bit as he watched the firm thighs, and attractive legs in motion. Her firm behind also attracted his attention. His cock was stiff still with Lexi very aware of it under her bottom. Lexi was giggling as Elaine opened her bag. Elaine held up an ankle length dress Lexi brought with her.

“Mmm. Not something I’d wear even without the compulsion but...”

“You made him really hard, Ellie,” said Lexi. He didn’t know how to react to either her statement or Elaine’s wink. He was starting to think Lexi was trying awfully hard to share his reaction with the other women.

“I bet.” Elaine pulled the long dress over her head and down her frame covering her legs. She also kicked off the heels. “He probably doesn’t get a live girl to strip for him often.”

Prudence was smirking at Edward’s mild discomfiture. “Why are you still dressed Lexi?”

Lexi turned red now. “He didn’t tell me to change.”

Elaine spun in place, the frumpier looking dress on her and she was beaming. It didn’t flatter her much but it fit well. She pulled on a pair of panties too, giving a squeal of delight as they went on. She was dancing about a bit in her bare feet too. Then she spied the flats Lexi wore and tried to put them on. They were a fraction too large it seemed but she could put them on and not be in immediate pain.

“I love it. I just? Love it!” She did the sexy walk thing in the dress to Edward. It really did not look the same in a long skirted dress. The flats were giving her a bit of trouble too, being the wrong size. Her ankles might be visible, but the movement belonging to her legs and ass did not quite seem as evident.

“Thank you,” she said. Then she bent down between him and Lexi. Her eyes flashed from his eyes to his lips and back up again. Then she pressed close, her tongue slipped out and licked his lips. In shock he just watched her movements as she pressed in clearly intending to kiss him. In shock she pulled back quickly. She winced and let out a small yelp, raising her fingers up to touch her lips. Lexi, who had been enjoying his uncertain reactions looked up at Elaine, worry crossing her brow.

Elaine scrunched her eyes a moment then relaxed again.

“Dammit. I guess you haven’t gotten to the controls keeping me from intimacy with another guy.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t fix that so I can benefit some,” laughed Prudence.

“Oh you stinker. You know my interest is pretty much only guys. Though. I was, er, trained?,” she winked at Edward though, not Prudence.

Lexi stroked Elaine’s arm. “I’m sorry it still hurts. I was looking forward to watching you kiss him too.”

Edward had no clue why these three were so comfortable about him with each other. Though Prudence clearly was interested in Elaine though not intensely so.

“Oh sweet Lexi,” Elaine caressed Lexi’s cheek. “Hey Edward?”

“Yes?”

“I think she needs to get laid.”

Lexi did a choking cough and covered her face. For all the affection she’d been displaying to Edward she hadn’t actually considered doing more than feel each other up. She considered it lot. But actual sex wasn’t quite in her mind. Yet.

“I don’t think she’s ready yet, Ellie,” said Edward, “Even if apparently,” he lifted Lexi enough to look kind of at his lap, “I seem to be.”

Prudence and Elaine laughed. Lexi turned bright red and hid her face in his shoulder as well as behind her hands.

“I’d happily help you Edward,” Elaine mussed his hair, “if it didn’t disturb Lexi and I actually could.”

“hmmm,” said Prudence. “I suppose I could but I’d so much rather Lexi and he were each other’s first time. It’s just something I think would be right.”

Edward looked over at Prudence in surprise. He didn’t think she’d be one to consider him that way.

“What?” said Prudence, “You’re handsome, a decent person, warmhearted, strong in your way, and for god’s sake, I haven’t gotten laid in six or seven months.”

Elaine smirked at the confession.

“Besides, I like you too,” Prudence started again, “I don’t even care if I’d have to share at this point.”

Elaine wandered back to Prudence, still in the longer dress. She snuggled into Prudence’s side. “I might not be into girls, but I like you too.”

“Yeah, I kind of noticed that the last two weeks when we were sleeping.”

“Edward did well. I ought to be able to go find a real job now. I don’t need to make a living seeming to be a total slut.”

“No one thinks your a slut!,” Prudence said.

“I don’t mind being a slut for the person I want,” responded Elaine. “I just want that person to be the one I choose.”

“Figures. Though,” Prudence smirked, “I agree being slutty with the one’s you like is fine.”

“You two aren’t sluts,” spoke Lexi. It was a matter of fact statement. Lexi’s observation of the two of them together. “You’re just a bit wild.”

“You’re a bit wild yourself, Lexi,” Prudence replied. “You just haven’t had the opportunity due to being such a shut in.”

Edward rolled his eyes. “She’s got that right. What was all that rubbing your butt against my crotch about if you weren’t interested?”

Lexi let her eyes go a bit smokey and she gazed into his eyes. “I’m interested, just not ready yet I think.”

“Watch what you wish for cutie,” he said, “cause you’re bound to get it this time.”

He broke off the effort to fix Elaine’s issues for the day. Having some success so far was good. Also before he fixed her specific sexual inhibition about guys other than Dean, he really wanted to be certain he hadn’t imprinted himself on her. She was acting like she wanted to be more than a little bit intimate with him, even if she wanted Lexi to be attached to him. The calling him ‘sir’ thing was a jolt.

Sunday had been long. After they ate, Edward headed to bed a bit early. It wasn’t a surprise to have a young female form in PJs join him as he was settling in. He kind of expected Lexi to try to get close to him tonight.

He drifted off slowly, the scent of Lexi’s hair very pleasant as he did.

* * *

Prudence answered her phone.

“Hello?”

“It’s Edward,” the voice came back. It was undeniably him. She looked around, was he calling from the bedroom?

“Where are you?” she asked. She and Elaine were still in their duvets curled up in balls.

“I went in to work. It’s still early. You might want to call your office and take the day or week for that matter off. I don’t know.”

“It’s a thought. Today definitely. The week, I’m not so sure about. Why did you go in where you work?”

“Because I’m the only one who really works here and I can leave at any time after I put up a sign about taking a vacation.”

“That makes sense,” she thought about it, “why call me though instead of Lexi?”

“Oh, she’s out cold on my bed.”

“Did you two?”

“No. We just slept. But I do have some good news.”

“Good news?”

“Ellie can stop worrying about cops looking for her. According to the news, they’ve arrested and charged someone for Dean’s murder. Their press release says he acted alone. I don’t see anything about a motive but the press indicated the killer was associated with gamblers.”

“So what do you think?”

“I think the cops assume he was killed over a gambling problem of some kind. I don’t believe it, but I bet that’s what the police actually believe now.”

“I’ll let Ellie know. She’s so adorable sleeping the way she is.”

“You are too,” he said.

“mmm. Thank you,” she responded.

“I’ll probably be out another hour or two. You should be able to find plenty of food options in the kitchen.”

“Okay, see you soon!”

* * *